Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• Silvanus said:
    I take this as a positive step in the right direction.

Delete all shrines. 

And delete superlarge Godrealms with 300+ Merians thats a better bashing ground then.. anywhere else.
    *Than

FTFY

Also, don't say such blasphemous things. Jerk.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Terentia, Skein, Barendur, Eliron, Feyda, Meliana, Naralis, Ssaliss, Aiyana, 
    Arix, Armaros, Caerlyr, Chiyo, Dahnrio, Farsyk, Faunta, Gabriella, Galin, Golas,
    Iorwen, Iosen, Jorah, Kreaton, Mistaxe, Ragnhar, Tarkanos, Ulvotheer, Xeria, 
    Xirwyn, Zouviqil.
    (*) Currently, there are 30 Lusternians on this Plane and 39 on other Planes.
    4582h, 6192m, 5900e, 10p exk-07-07-2013 at 13:16:21 

... come back. ;_;

• Zouviqil said:
    Arix, Armaros, Caerlyr, Chiyo, Dahnrio, Farsyk, Faunta, Gabriella, Galin, Golas,
    Xirwyn, Zouviqil.

... come back. ;_;
    Check HELP DIVINE. Under the list of Lost Divine, Teretia never appeared. However, Eventru did not long after he entered the rift.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Raezon said:
    I think things are becoming a little overly dramatic, and we should leave the cult discussion from tweets. If you want to discuss improvements or changes to cults, you're welcome to create a new thread. I will have to just close it, though, if it becomes a stream of 'the admin are out to ruin our enjoyment again' posts. If you are concerned with recent events and how they have impacted your game experience, you are always free to email support@lusternia.com, but I encourage you to wait to see what resolution events might have first.

The only thing we are pointing out is that cults were designed to die with the god or order, and these things have happened and will happen, as Lusternia is a dynamic and changing world. You are also given a warning that any purchases you make may change in value at any time, as we must constantly revise how things work and are adding new things to the game. What you purchase or put into the game may change in value due to these events, both mechanical and RP. They may also equally change due to player driven events, which are beyond even our control. Players have lost months or years of work when politics shift in an org and they lose power, or are even removed from the org and their org-specific skills or purchases are rendered moot. There is no threat in any of this. It is simply an advisory that Lusternia is a dynamic and changing game.

I personally think that this is a good thing, and I did as a player. Lusternia is very rewarding to play, both because of your successes in the game and also because of the risks associated with playing in a growing, multiplayer world. The strength of the game is that it is dynamic and deeply story driven, where players and the world itself have a huge and changing impact on your experience. The risks may be less now than in the past, but I think that removing them entirely is harmful to the game in the long run. 

In short, cults should be viewed as contributions to your god's order, much like offering. It requires a significant cost on the part of the founding player, but afterward is designed to be a group venture with the order. The cult leader also gains an entire skillset for their trouble to use, and these powers benefit the entire order. If a god role dies or disappears for awhile, what you have gotten out of the cult is not nullified, anymore than the hours of RP you put into the order. The game is about the enjoyment (and even the sadness in bad times) we get out of it on a day to day basis. Very little is permanent, as old players find when they return to find the world significantly change. When viewing such hard events, though, I hope you can look at things in this light.
    The snark is palpable here.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Valtreth x Shikari. Do it.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Kio said:

Zouviqil said:
    Xirwyn, Zouviqil.

... come back. ;_;
    Check HELP DIVINE. Under the list of Lost Divine, Teretia never appeared. However, Eventru did not long after he entered the rift.
    The really scary thing is that Eventru hasn't posted on the forums since May
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    >---------------------------[ Changelog Entry #334 ]--------------------------<
       Entered by: Iosai the Anomaly                   Date: 2013-07-08 11:27:59

o Planar Teleport has been split in two. Teleport is now earned at Inept
       and allows you to teleport to your Nexus, Collegium, Trader Bob, and
       Bob's Artifact shop. AdvancedTeleport, learned at the same place as old
       Teleport, retains the functions of allowing transportation between two
       players, and the Nexus World locations.
    >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------<

Hmm.  Interesting change.

I take it that the inept teleport still doesn't work cross-continent (any of them), whereas the player one does if you have the appropriate Planar skill?
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Siam said:
    Valtreth x Shikari. Do it.
    Hell to the no.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

We all know Isune would slap the @#$% out of Valtreth for taking her man away.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Isune giggled when I told her what Valtreth told us he was planning on doing for the next few months- redecorating. <_<
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
    "There are 14 kephera warriors here. Queen Khementen reclines here, her chitinous limbs arrayed artistically. A kephera worker scuttles busily here."

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

And some suggested listening while reading:

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

I think it is the worker in that room who makes it truly deadly.
    Also realised I didn't have my bodyguard beast out at the start hence the silly run out, swap and remount, run in, reattack bit.

• There any precedent for wiping a skill entirely and redesigning it from scratch?

Looking at you, FinalSting. Totally looking at you.
  • See: Choke.
    Just extend it to wiping the entire Monk class, and then forget to replace parts of it,

Like Tahtetso.

I really love some of the players and RP styles in the game.

Other players, I wish never contacted me in the first place.
  • edited July 2013
    I aliased over "stomp" while testing toading triggers with a Seren; forgot to unalias it, ended up unable to stomp my own toads in the actual fight.

:(
    (clan): Falmiis says, "Aramelise, verb, 1. adorn with many flowers."
  • Someone has some 'splaning to do, little @zouviqil
    Kio said:
    Someone has some 'splaning to do, little @zouviqil
    Ask an' ye shall receive -- in game.
  • I had a great laugh just a little earlier when someone from Gaudiguch raged at Sidonie for being 'dense' and 'unable to control her citizens' when I let them kill said person for trespassing in Celest after being asked to leave and refusing to.
  • That awkward moment where the Princess asks you to leave the city, and you stay anyways...

You crack a Branch of the World Tree precisely into Meshora's right arm, causing spasms through her
    stiffening side.
    * ka bomir'rak meshora larm left
    You crack a Branch of the World Tree precisely into Meshora's left arm, causing spasms through her
    stiffening side.
    * ka starkick meshora right head
    You swing your leg high into the air at Meshora's head.
    Unable to withstand more punishment, Meshora collapses and dies.
    You have slain Meshora.
    Your karma rises in response to your deeds.

"A man's not dead while his name is still spoken."  - Terry Pratchett 1948-2015

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Pft, that's nothing. We had someone on Air who shall remain unnamed. A certain, let's say 'less mighty' individual asked them to leave more than once and was ignored. The moment I pop up on Air and go after them to 'evict' them, they bolt for Faethorn. Caught up with them in the end, killed them, got our essence back, got then enemied to Halli, etcetera.

Person in question goes and tells Maellio that they didn't know why they were being asked to leave and didn't know they were in the wrong. (Then why were you running and why did you not ask the question of why to the person asking you to leave?)

Now that's what I call a moment to treasure and remember.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Elanorwen said:
    Pft, that's nothing. We had someone on Air who shall remain unnamed. A certain, let's say 'less mighty' individual asked them to leave more than once and was ignored. The moment I pop up on Air and go after them to 'evict' them, they bolt for Faethorn. Caught up with them in the end, killed them, got our essence back, got then enemied to Halli, etcetera.

Person in question goes and tells Maellio that they didn't know why they were being asked to leave and didn't know they were in the wrong. (Then why were you running and why did you not ask the question of why to the person asking you to leave?)

Now that's what I call a moment to treasure and remember.

Oh, there's more.  Long story short, someone was mouthing off in a peaced room and made a bunch of comments on trade channel; then felt the need to bring it to the city nexus. 

It's the usual routine.  Johnny Come Lately types who jump on the bandwagon snark, despite having never roleplayed or so much as spoke with Tetra.

"A man's not dead while his name is still spoken."  - Terry Pratchett 1948-2015

I remember this one non-com who got killed in Faethorn, then got enemied because his killers got enemied to his home.
  • If the reason Zouviqil was enemied to Glomdoring is what Kio thinks, someone is probably going to die.
    The reason is:
    1) Zouviqil followed an enemy into the Glomdoring.
    2) Zouviqil was curing said enemy inside the Glomdoring while they were being... "removed".
    (I am pretty sure you can DIPLOMACY GLOMDORING ZOUVIQIL to see the notes and such on it)
    Xenthos said:
    The reason is:
    1) Zouviqil followed an enemy into the Glomdoring.
    2) Zouviqil was curing said enemy inside the Glomdoring while they were being... "removed".
    (I am pretty sure you can DIPLOMACY GLOMDORING ZOUVIQIL to see the notes and such on it)
    I honestly didn't even notice where the crap I was initially, or who was attacking who, just that Tridemon was being attacked and I started healing. Then I was like, "Wait a minute" when I saw Xenthos, and surveyed. And was in Glomdoring. Cue "CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP" and running out.

Now to wait for Daem and beg.
    Yeah, I'm not terribly well known for just launching attacks on people.  Especially on Prime.  :P
This discussion has been closed.