Mercury got you down?

13»

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Yikes Eritheyl...
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Daraius said:
    Yikes Eritheyl...
    :-<
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I think it's interesting. I don't know that it fits me, but it's interesting

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Synkarin said:
    I think it's interesting. I don't know that it fits me, but it's interesting
    I doubt it's terribly accurate considering the amount of questions and how non-specific they are... but it can give a rough estimate, I guess?

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    When I took it in college my neuroticism and extraversion scores were close to zero. Wonder if I'm still as phlegmatic...

Sorry for jacking your thread @Lisaera!
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Well yeah. Being really accurate isn't one of the things it's super useful for. It is generally useful for studying self reporting, differences across demographs (in self reporting, too), and as a starting index for other things.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    edited January 2015
    Daraius said:

P.S. I filled this out, but much of it was precisely wrong, and internally inconsistent. And disturbingly persistent about my passionate virility. :-S
    I tried this out as well, and have come to the conclusion that the site in question might just be a little loopy. The report it gave back to me was full of inconsistencies and contradictions, and while some things hit close to home (prefers living in the background, privacy very important, risk aversion) it just as often disregarded them in an odd series of If, Else If, Except type statements. Maybe Selenity's would work better?

That aside, I barely know anything about Astrology nor really care to, but for the amusement of those that do, I'll just mention that I'm Virgo and leave it at that.

If Mercury's supposed to be making trouble, it's already four weeks too late for me.

Also:

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Vivet said:

EDIT: Good grief, I can break code that is spoonfed to me even. Oh well.

Delete what you pasted, click show source and paste the same thing in its place.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Cafe Astrology's site doesn't really even have if-elseif-excepts. They have a list of attributes defined and then just give you the ones that you have without giving you context.

For example... Sun opposition Moon, alone, could easily mean being detached from your emotions and emotions in general, lacking an understanding of people around you, no less yourself. Moon in Cancer could be interpreted as being nurturing, caring, understanding of emotions, even being overemotional. Then it says that the Moon is in the eleventh house, so that means you're especially caring about your friends and like to pay attention to all their needs. And your astrology report from an automated site would give you all three and make you go "wtf this is totally fake".

In this hypothetical chart, it would probably mean something along the lines of "You are a person with a big ego that, when you let yourself put your guard down, proves to be very caring and kind. Aside from your natural charisma from being a Leo, people who take the time to know you discover that the only thing bigger than your ego is your love for your friends, who matter immensely to you. This disconnect leads people to judge you at face value and only seeing you for your pride and your not caring about anyone but yourself, leaving you behind with an amazing set of friends who actually know the real you - the you that gives a shit only about yourself and your friends and has no time to spare for anyone who doesn't fit in those groups."
  • Uh...not to derail this further, but what do you charge..?
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Aerotan said:
    Uh...not to derail this further, but what do you charge..?
    Really depends on what the report is for, because it takes a long time!

Natal Report - Personality: $30
    Natal Report - Business: $30
    Natal Report - Relationships + Family: $30
    Natal Report - Karma + Purpose: $30
    Natal Report (all of the above): $115

Add another $25 if you want me to draw that natal chart by hand and calculate it out on my own. I also do composite charts (relationships), charts for events, etc.

Yes, it's not cheap, but a lot of time goes into it, and no, I do not have some handy dandy software that I use to tell me all this stuff, nor do I refer back to reports I've done before as reference since I want to make sure I look at each chart with 'new eyes' as it were.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Selenity said:
    Yes, it's not cheap, but a lot of time goes into it, and no, I do not have some handy dandy software that I use to tell me all this stuff, nor do I refer back to reports I've done before as reference since I want to make sure I look at each chart with 'new eyes' as it were.
    I've seen people that DO use software and automatic 'this means exactly this' output for every aspect charging upwards of $75 for single charts. So, I'd say your prices are more than fair (and extremely tempting~).
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Lisaera said:
    Point well taken, @Rialorm. I cannot say whether I fully invest belief in anything, truly. Even evolution is still a theory, which has as many gaps and holes as the dreaded "r" word - something I dare not write on these forums (and please, do not take this as an invitation to go there - that is a topic for another thread). 
    Evolution is both a fact and a theory. In science a theory and facts are separate things.