Lack of Raves V: Stark Ravin' Glad

Comments

• I managed to be on the boat that first arrived at the Gardens where the Time Dames were (forgot the name of the place already) and explore around it a bit, which was fun. Also got to help pick off the dominators, which I was proud of being able to do.

Sadly couldn't influence any of the neutrals, but exploring first and seeing a new area on my mapper was quite a lot of fun.

"He was well fed, and on his way to being slightly intoxicated--which contributed to his sense of wellbeing. And, most important, he was among friends. There can't be much more to life than this, he thought."  -Pug's thoughts on his first Ale (via Raymond Feist)

Visit my personal authorial website. (coming back up soon, with my first publications)
    Coding Resources: Mechanic's Corner | Code Academy | StackOverflow
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    It was a boat? I was told it was a hot-air balloon.

• Oh yes it was, it just felt like a boat. It was definitely flying either way.

"He was well fed, and on his way to being slightly intoxicated--which contributed to his sense of wellbeing. And, most important, he was among friends. There can't be much more to life than this, he thought."  -Pug's thoughts on his first Ale (via Raymond Feist)

Visit my personal authorial website. (coming back up soon, with my first publications)
  • Ssaliss said:
    As far as I've understood it, you can fight other players ten times per RL day for ranking. At the end of the year, it's measured and reset. So there's no big tournament at the end.
    Ah, thanks!
  • You examine a harmony pearl curio piece of the Pearl Sandals Curio Set carefully, before carefully touching it to a partial pearl sandals curio piece of the Pearl Sandals Curio Set. A brief flash of light reveals that the two pieces have joined together, finally completing the Pearl Sandals of Vernal Haste.

It's the least useful Vernal Curio for me (neither Isune nor Zvoltz have a Godrealm AFAIK) but finally I've got one of them finished.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    You examine a partial vernal bracers curio piece of the Vernal Bracers Curio Set carefully, before 
    carefully touching it to a chaos essence curio piece of the Vernal Bracers Curio Set. A brief flash 
    of light reveals that the two pieces have joined together, finally completing the Incandescent 
    Bracers of Vernal Might.

34047   Complete Holy Helm            Vernal       Complete Holy Helm
    99920   Complete Pearl Sandals        Vernal       Complete Pearl Sandals
    114379  Complete Chroma Rod           Vernal       Complete Chroma Rod
    120698  Complete Vernal Bracers       Vernal       Complete Vernal Bracers

Well that was a hassle. Soulless time.
  • Rave for the public newsboard and those who use it well.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Kiradawea said:
    Rave for the public newsboard and those who use it well.

I'm really hoping this stirs up some IG drama!  Go drama!
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Morshoth said:
    Kiradawea said:

I wish it would too, but it won't. The Serens are pushing the obvious alliance split motivation a little to heavily. Really over playing their hands. Rather than subtle alliance nudges, they are using the public news to bludgeon Celest over the head like whack-a-mole. I don't know why, but everyone who wants the Equinox to split seems to be taking their cues from Draylor and Alacardael...because that was so effective.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Celina said:
    Morshoth said:
    Kiradawea said:

I wish it would too, but it won't. The Serens are pushing the obvious alliance split motivation a little to heavily. Really over playing their hands. Rather than subtle alliance nudges, they are using the public news to bludgeon Celest over the head like whack-a-mole. I don't know why, but everyone who wants the Equinox to split seems to be taking their cues from Draylor and Alacardael...because that was so effective.
    Its hard to make changes when Equinox ignores subtle hints.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.

Correction: logical, well founded subtle hints. Most of the bitchmoaning that makes its way to me does not fall into this category. 

I'm just saying, screaming at Celest and Glomdoring over the public news that Glomdoring is looking out for itself is like screaming at trees for having leaves and water for being wet. Everyone already knows that, and no one cares.

Personally what I think the Serens/Mags that take issue with Equinox don't realize is that in order for Equinox to break up either 1) Glom or Celest needs to muck up things royally...which is not likley or 2) Seren/Mag/Halli/whoever needs to demonstrate they are suitable alternatives to the current set up....which they aren't. So.........womp womp.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited January 2013
    The 'subtle change' thing has been happening for a very long time now, to no avail. We've been sitting in limbo with Celest not deciding what to do for several IG years now, after we changed our policies towards Celest. No word so far. Way before the entire IronHart breakup, we were already moving towards trying to get Celest to defect when Morbo mucked it up, so I don't want to hear it.

The more open and public a calling-out of certain features that 'Everyone already knows" about the less people can decide to ignore it for the sake of mechanical power. I started getting TFs from Celest gods who said they were in favor of what Seren was trying to do with the posts... That's more substantial movement towards our goal than we've had in months. 

Problem: Seren/Halli can't grab any loot because they don't have allies. So let's not ally with them because they can't grab loot. Now they have no allies, they can't grab loot. Let's not ally with them because they can't grab loot ad infinitum. 

I'm 95% sure that if either Hallifax or Serenwilde had anything concrete with Celest, the other would immediately jump on the bandwagon and try for the three-way sort of thing that's worked in the past. Hallifax+Serenwilde allied versus Glom + Gaudi allied, Celest vs Magnagora. 

Anyways, we'll see what happens. Being nasty on the forums accomplishes little (one hopes).

EDIT: Anyways, this is really off-topic. I almost want to flag my own post.

What you want to hear is kind of irrelevant. Your current actions lead me to believe politics and being subtle not your strong suits. The posts coming out of Seren are very partisan rather than persuasive. I mean, so was mine, but I'm already allied with Celest so I don't have to convince them of much.

What always amuses me is that people assume just because their is a "mechanical" benefit, that the decisions are inherently OOC or ignoring RP. Which is false. Wanting your org to be successful is a pretty valid IC stance. Not wanting to let Seren or Halli of Mag piggy back off your success when they unable to pull their own weight is also a valid IC stance. It's actually more than just the sweet "loot." It's about political climate, history, and stability. Mag, for instance, is just wildly unstable in terms of leadership, and Seren has a history of just bailing when the going gets tough and a notable lack of ability to deal with consequences in a manner that isn't "I quit." These are very broad, org wide observations, and not true about every individual, but alliances are between orgs rather than individuals.

At the end of the day, it seems to me that an org's history weighs more on an alliance than actual current net worth in terms of domoths and villages. Glom might be selfish, twisted bastards but at least they are honest and up front about it. Leadership has been, historically, pretty stable. They don't have mag's revolving door of CLs or Serens crazy Sadie issues. Orgs that want to start on a clean slate need to prove they've fixed their issues, rather than yelling about new ones.

That's my 2 cents.

Okay sorry off topic.

YAY I GET SHUCK TONIGHT.

• Enyalida said:
    The 'subtle change' thing has been happening for a very long time now, to no avail. We've been sitting in limbo with Celest not deciding what to do for several IG years now, after we changed our policies towards Celest. No word so far. Way before the entire IronHart breakup, we were already moving towards trying to get Celest to defect when Morbo mucked it up, so I don't want to hear it.

The more open and public a calling-out of certain features that 'Everyone already knows" about the less people can decide to ignore it for the sake of mechanical power. I started getting TFs from Celest gods who said they were in favor of what Seren was trying to do with the posts... That's more substantial movement towards our goal than we've had in months. 

Problem: Seren/Halli can't grab any loot because they don't have allies. So let's not ally with them because they can't grab loot. Now they have no allies, they can't grab loot. Let's not ally with them because they can't grab loot ad infinitum. 

I'm 95% sure that if either Hallifax or Serenwilde had anything concrete with Celest, the other would immediately jump on the bandwagon and try for the three-way sort of thing that's worked in the past. Hallifax+Serenwilde allied versus Glom + Gaudi allied, Celest vs Magnagora. 

Anyways, we'll see what happens. Being nasty on the forums accomplishes little (one hopes).

EDIT: Anyways, this is really off-topic. I almost want to flag my own post.

I really don't see Gaudi/Celest splitting up any time soon either, so unless Gaudi and Halli suck it up and can both be allies with Celest, I doubt any Halli and Celest alliance will work out.

Partially because Celest has already expressed interest in having more of an alliance than we currently have, but also because Morshoth is engaged to the favoured contender for Celest CL, so yeah.

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Mommy and Daddy can't get divorced because they have a child together, is basically what he's saying.

But hey, the public news posts aren't boring. Woo.

Kind of wish they weren't so forced, but hey.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited January 2013
    news

section public

write

everyone

Sojiro

You're forced.

*quit

yes

~quit
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    It's not like anybody expects public posts to ever accomplish anything besides maybe some RP. It's more interesting than nothing even if it's blindingly obvious to everybody it will have no effect on IG politics.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • edited January 2013
    Well, it took a bit longer than I thought, but with the seed information provided on the initial ikon thread, I fleshed out my own investigations to be able to present this little bit for the general populace: link.

753 different ikons catalogued, all thanks to the wonderful folk who were happy to help me compile the information! There are tons still missing, I'm sure, but it's a growing list! If anyone has information they'd like to provide that isn't on there, simply let me know and I'll be happy to plug it in to keep it growing!

Big raves for that!

Edit: Oh, and yes, it's on my little library project too! Yay!
  • edited January 2013
    Every time you get within 1% of the total ikon template count, I will add another bunch.

Because I want to support your hobby, not because I'm mean, obviously. ;)

*flee?*
  • Iosai said:
    Every time you get within 1% of the total ikon template count, I will add another bunch.

Because I want to support your hobby, not because I'm mean, obviously. ;)

*flee?*

You mean I'm not within 1% of the total count with 753? ._.

D:
  • Not quite. ;)
  • I think he means within 99% completed, only 1% left to go.

Wonder if Eventru's Faragan Character and Lorina Prop count...

Estarra's probably got a Tully, a Murphy and a Wepaw...

[BANNERCODE]
  • Not quite. ;)
    D:
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Claimed my first domoth and only "died" once, even with lag. Woo novamist.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Big <3's to random folk who help me get ikons I don't have. Yay! :D
  • Ravin because I decided to switch to Cavalier. I was thinking of leaving Serenwilde to get some fresh perspective and some new roleplay since I've been i the Wilde and the Serenguard for all 184 years that Maja has been in existence, but I then decided I should just switch from Bonecrusher (apparently a not so strong PvP spec?) to Cavalier since I've had Bonecrusher the whole time too. So this will be a fun adventure!

• You tease an illithoid ravager, ridiculing her outlandish style and manners.
    An illithoid ravager breaks down and sobs, telling you how true it is that she is nothing but a 
    pathetic fraud.
    Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 100.
    You have reached the illustrious level of Demigod.
    You feel your innermost energies growing to extreme proportions as a darkness takes over your senses.
     When your senses return, you find yourself in a different location and there is a strange feeling 
    within you.

squeeeee!!!! First character to reach 100!! :D
This discussion has been closed.