Lack of Raves V: Stark Ravin' Glad

Comments

• Tylwyth said:
    Shuyin said:
    Spheres gave 100k+ each. Supernals are poor.
    halli-spheres?
    Or cay ones?
    Tell ya what, if you manage to actually kill one of the spheres from the Cay of Cloadahi, I will personally hand you 250000 gold.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Challenge accepted, @Tridemon
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Ixion said:
    Rave for stupid Magnagoran election being overshadowed by a juicyyyyyy Supernals raid!!! We made a lot of mistakes, and learned quite a bit we had forgotten.

2x DOUBLE TAURIAN HIT KILLS!

You swing an elegant darksteel katana at Methrenton, Crusader of the Holy Flame. You cut him, opening up deep lacerations.
    You swing an elegant darksteel katana at Methrenton, Crusader of the Holy Flame. You cut him, opening up deep lacerations.
    You focus on your wasted efforts, resolving to shift the damage forward.
    You have slain Methrenton, Crusader of the Holy Flame.
    Methrenton, Crusader of the Holy Flame screams in agony as he collapses, the air about you writhing with cosmic energies. In a brief and agonizing burst of pain, the room erupts in scintillating waves of cosmicfire.
    You feel your body begin to crumble beneath the onslaught of Holy Celestia.
    A magic aura flares around you and completely absorbs the damage.
    Vivet has left the area.
    A king's ransom of golden sovereigns spills from the corpse.
    Your avarice compels you to reach down and hoard 16,883 gold for yourself.
    You suddenly scoop up the corpse of Methrenton, Crusader of the Holy Flame.
    ------
    You pick up the corpse of Shakiniel, Defender of the Dawning Hope.
    -------
    You whip an elegant darksteel katana through the air in front of Raziela the Loving Radiance, to no effect.
    Cleaving through her defences, you make a slow, deadly strike at Raziela the Loving Radiance's chest with an elegant darksteel katana. You plunge your katana into her, driving it deep.
    You swing an elegant darksteel katana at Raziela the Loving Radiance. You cut her, opening up deep lacerations.
    You have slain Raziela the Loving Radiance.
    Raziela the Loving Radiance screams in agony as she collapses, the air about you writhing with cosmic energies. In a brief and agonizing burst of pain, the room erupts in scintillating waves of cosmicfire.
    You feel your body begin to crumble beneath the onslaught of Holy Celestia.
    A dreamy blue heart-shaped sweet tumbles out of Raziela the Loving Radiance.
    A king's ransom of golden sovereigns spills from the corpse.
    Your avarice compels you to reach down and hoard 12,594 gold for yourself.
    You suddenly scoop up the corpse of Raziela the Loving Radiance.

And somehow they are all already raised. I know you'll get a kick out of this when you wake up @Ixion >>.

Not sure where this flood of essence is coming from.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Xion can give 50 motes on a regular basis now that they fixed the fix.
  • Xenthos said:
    Xion can give 50 motes on a regular basis now that they fixed the fix.

Even that plus the 160+ essence you can get an hour, should not be enough to raise 4 supernals that fast...
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Sure it is, if you consider that Xion gives 25 motes of light essence (allowing them a good push towards getting their essence converter back) and it takes around 200 essence per Supernal to raise them. The first one is the hardest, but once they can convert again it speeds right along.
  • They didn't get Elohora. So they were always able to convert other kinds of essence to light essence. As long as you've got that essence converter, raising a supernal can be done really fast.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Xenthos said:
     it takes around 200 essence per Supernal to raise them.

It should be closer to 250 or so, or something like 260. Those extra bits can count for a lot sometimes.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Vivet said:
    Xenthos said:

It should be closer to 250 or so, or something like 260. Those extra bits can count for a lot sometimes.
    We had a second Supernal up before 2AM central. Not sure how long the rest took. Either way, there's plenty of other ways to get essence too. Most take too long, but if you're just waiting on planes to repop anyway you might as well do those too.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Had a lot of fun last night, the frantic squad reporting was lols... Not so much when I realized I was #898273472940 on the list of noobs to lose their weapon. In hindsight I was all 'wtf I'm destroing why did I even wield qqqqqqqq'
  • Massive fatherly raves @Eritheyl for gathering and planting such a big herb order for me! :D

• Elanorwen said:
    Vivet said:
    Xenthos said:

We had a second Supernal up before 2AM central. Not sure how long the rest took. Either way, there's plenty of other ways to get essence too. Most take too long, but if you're just waiting on planes to repop anyway you might as well do those too.

Other than Xion which can be done an hour...what are you talking about?
  • Maybe fae.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'm not really sure what the issue is here. If you're accusing them of somehow cheating or having divine help, speak up. Otherwise, why does it really matter how much it takes or how long it took?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Arcanis said:
    Elanorwen said:
    Vivet said:
    Xenthos said:

Other than Xion which can be done an hour...what are you talking about?
    There's a Hallifax related quest that can produce extra essence if done.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • To be fair, we were already on the way to restore Japhiel with 86 essence, before they slew Methrenton and Shakiniel, since the enemy host was pretty focused on killing the rest of the Supernals, we took the initiative to acquire essence from other Planes and Xion.

• @Tremula - Because of our fancy letters.

The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • Salome said:

@Tremula - Because of our fancy letters.

So...is Celina the queen?

• Rancoura said:
    @Nocht. You have no idea how much I missed you. No idea.
    Even though He isn't my god, I'm peanut butter with a huge side of GREEN JELLY.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • You reach out and touch the Aegis of Vestera.
    A great wash of power pulses through you as the Aegis waxes in luminescence, the dream motes within
    it coagulating into an image of a lone canvas resting on an easel, entirely blank.
    Within the giant blown glass of the Aegis, iridescent fireworks begin to bloom and spark in joyous
    celebration. At their heart, a glittering reflection of yourself appears, and disembodied hands
    place a circlet of light upon your head.
    You have completed the Empowering the Aegis of Vestera quest!
    You have gained a new honour!
    You have received war shard curio piece of the Holy Helm Curio Set as a quest reward!
    Your karma rises in response to your deeds.
    A gentle presence brushes against you, filling your heart with light as the blessings of the
    Sleeping Child fall upon you.

---

The world around you swirls as a vision - no, a memory - takes hold of your senses.

She opens her eyes to see a vast nothingness, made not of darkness but of swirling grey mist. It
    should, perhaps, scare her - but she finds nothing to be afraid of in this vast expanse of
    possibility. Instead it comforts her, soothes her, for in this great expanse she feels finally
    content. But she is not alone.

There are six of them. Tall and short, thin and round, fleshy and feathered and crystalline, they
    gather together in the land of imagination and link hands in a circle around her. They seem familiar,
     somehow. Each of them closes their eyes in a soft flutter, like the gentle beckoning of sleep. None
    of them seem to know that she is there, so she steps closer to one of them. His face is round and
    warm, even in concentration, and the soft fur of his face reminds her of warm fires in the tundra.

His paw is linked with the slender, crystal hand of a tall man whose body thrums with a pale light
    like the hopeful dawn. He holds hands in turn with a green-skinned man whose bushy brows make her
    giggle with their intensity. She reaches up as if to brush them, but stops at the sound of a voice.
    The leonine woman to her right has begun to hum, not a melody but a gentle droning sound like the
    rocking of waves.

It is then that she notices the last two women in the circle, standing hand-in-hand with expressions
    of hope lighting up their faces. Their majestic wings cast great silhouettes behind them even folded,
     and it makes the heart that she does not have soar with joy. She raises one hand behind her, and
    brushes her fingertips along the wings she had forgotten she owned. A brilliant laugh bubbles out of
    her throat, and the eyes of the shorter trill flutter open in surprise.

"Y-your royal highness!" she exclaims, and the child blinks in confusion.

Soon all six of them have their eyes open, staring at her, finally able to see her. As they splutter
    greetings that she does not understand, the child feels a gentle touch upon her shoulder. Turning,
    she lights up with joy as the insubstantial form of Vestera shimmers into being beside her - and
    suddenly, she understands.

"Friends!" she says, and turns excitedly around, gazing once more at each of them in turn. "You are
    here to keep away the darkness."

And though she does not understand the way their cheeks grow wet with tears, or why they drop to
    their knees before her, the child feels their love like her mother's embrace, like Rebo and Reva
    wrapping their arms around her, and she knows that now, everything will be light again.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • edited July 2015
    Mag Election, Best Election. 

This can't get anymore hilarious and I haven't started reading newsposts. Holy shit. 

Netflix is out the window this week!
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Kaalak said:
    Mag Election, Best Election. 

This can't get anymore hilarious and I haven't started reading newsposts. Holy shit. 

Netflix is out the window this week!
    I've had to rely on the news posts to get my fix. They have been highly entertaining. It's like a soap opera, comedy and documentary all rolled into one.

• edited July 2015
    A new dawn arises as you begin your duties as the Temporal Primus. In a glorious blaze, the Sceptre of Temporal Alteration appears above your head and descends into your hands.
    Historian Tekora Windwhisper, Chronicleress has just replaced Primus Vivet Pavok as Guildmaster of Institute.
    It is now the 16th of Juliary, 418 years after the Coming of Estarra.

December 28, 2009. Day 1. That's how long I've been waiting for the chance to have a leadership position in Hallifax.

• Lavinya said:
    2015/07/31 11:37:52 - +98901861 essence from a figurine of a red-breasted robin by Lavinya.

So, offerings are covered for a little while.
    Holy hell, that's more than I earned relentlessly offering the entire UV daily for a month! I really, -really- don't like influencing, but it seems I'm going to have to dive into it... Sooner or later.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game

Congratulations! Sylandra and Daraius have passed the period of consideration and are indeed your parents. You have found your home as a member of the House of Shevat.

<:-P
    Haven't been able to log in yet but HUZZAH. :D
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Sedanas said:
    Lavinya said:
    2015/07/31 11:37:52 - +98901861 essence from a figurine of a red-breasted robin by Lavinya.

So, offerings are covered for a little while.
    Holy hell, that's more than I earned relentlessly offering the entire UV daily for a month! I really, -really- don't like influencing, but it seems I'm going to have to dive into it... Sooner or later.
    To be fair, that's a few months worth of influencing when I can be bothered. And a level 40 figurine. I did buy about 10k of it because I wanted a round 200k to offer and I was getting lazy.

• Amateurs.
This discussion has been closed.