Today I learned (TIL)

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Sylandra said:

When mailing an origami package, CLOSE it first or else the mailman will say "You can't mail that!" :|

That may be semi new, because I've never seen it.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited July 2015
    TIL that @Krackenor is an Illithoid CENOBITE. Time to take him to the breeders!
  • Arcanis said:
    Like hell you are :(
  • Arcanis said:
    Make sure he has a lichseed first!
  • Today I learned that the commodity wax is actually bookwurm bait. It blows my mind that I didn't know that, but I've never been able to figure out where wax comes from. And it turns out to be incredibly easy.

Now to start shoehorning it into all of my designs!
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • Diamonuts are actually coconut-shaped diamonds, the size of a human head... :O
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Human heads aren't all that big! If they were Igasho-head-sized, then I'd be impressed.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Today I remembered that I have to look at what people are wearing before our RP, so I don't accidentally ignore the fact that someone is wearing a shirt.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Tremula said:
    Today I remembered that I have to look at what people are wearing before our RP, so I don't accidentally ignore the fact that someone is wearing a shirt.
    You weren't ignoring, you were just... skipping that part. Right?
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • edited July 2015
    Today I learned that the shovel and bucket you get from the gnome stonemason on Smoke Mountain disappear if you take too long to do the quest! And that he won't give you any more, no matter how many times you ask! And that violence is a much more effective way to convince him to drop another shovel and bucket!

The takeaway: Ask nicely first, but if you don't get what you want, then start kicking faces! XD

EDIT: The smiley was slightly creeping me out so I replaced him with XD instead >.>
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Every quest item in Newton/Lolliprin/Smoke Mountain decays faster than it would in other places. It's like they're training you to be quick :D .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Today I learned that when someone suggests searching the shops in the Aetherplex for an outfit, they don't mean the small list of shops in the portal room in Glomdoring.

Ooooooooooh.
  • BONUS LEARNED!

The commands PORTAL and PORTALS are extremely similar, easily confused, and the latter works regardless of other arguments!

Accidental uses so far: 3

DOUBLE BONUS LEARNED!

Not one of these shops wants to sell me shorts or a skirt. :'(

• Erinya said:
    DOUBLE BONUS LEARNED!

Not one of these shops wants to sell me shorts or a skirt. :'(

This is probably more because greatrobes (armor for most people) takes up the 'normal' clothing slot that shorts/skirt would go on and thus most people don't wear things like that.
  • Oooooh, interesting! That would explain that.

FORTUNATELY I am a monk, and I am told that that means I can cheat and not wear greatrobes! I think.

So the quest for pants continues!

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Erinya said:

Oooooh, interesting! That would explain that.

FORTUNATELY I am a monk, and I am told that that means I can cheat and not wear greatrobes! I think.

So the quest for pants continues!

If you wear tattoos, you can.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    It's one of my novices.  Inevitably, I'm going to blow a bunch of comms on inking them up and attempting to get them to stick around.

Sometimes, it even works!
  • edited July 2015
    -Deleted for being boring-.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    A DESIGN PERMIT IS NOT THE SAME THING AS MAKING A CLAN INTO A CARTEL.

In caps because emphasis needed.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Hallifax needs to assign someone to Sylandra and Phoebus to remind them of how to Lusternia.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Shaddus said:
    Hallifax needs to assign someone to Sylandra and Phoebus to remind them of how to Lusternia.
    How do I shot web? 
  • Stratas said:
    Today I learned that the commodity wax is actually bookwurm bait. It blows my mind that I didn't know that, but I've never been able to figure out where wax comes from. And it turns out to be incredibly easy.

Now to start shoehorning it into all of my designs!
    You can also get wax from the kepheran hives, but that wax requires three loti mushrooms apiece. Bookwurm bait is just the easiest way to acquire wax.
    Phoebus said:
    Shaddus said:
    How do I shot web? 
    Become a Scientist.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    Phoebus said:
    Shaddus said:
    How do I shot web? 
    Get bit by an aeonically-augmented spider, let your uncle die, and wear a funny red and blue suit.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    ...BEAST SUMMON and BEAST WHISTLE are also not the same thing.

:|
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • TIL: The command is SCRUB!

I was too embarrassed to ask on the public channels and tried SO MANY THINGS before figuring that out :'(

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Shaddus said:
    Phoebus said:
    Shaddus said:
    How do I shot web? 
    Get bit by an aeonically-augmented spider, let your uncle die, and wear a funny red and blue suit.
    I thought it was red and black..?
  • Erinya said:

TIL: The command is SCRUB!

I was too embarrassed to ask on the public channels and tried SO MANY THINGS before figuring that out :'(

No one NATURE RAINed you?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Tylwyth said:
    Erinya said:

TIL: The command is SCRUB!

No one NATURE RAINed you?
    I have no idea what that is, and was hiding from people because the game kept telling me I stink :(
  • Nature Rain removes stink (and a bunch of other bad stuff) from everyone in the room. You can also get a Cleanse enchant to do the same thing individually. Or stop by the Master and eventually someone will pearls and point cleanse. It's also faster than scrubbing in a body of water.
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!