Today I learned (TIL)

Comments

• Arien said:
    Today I learned that some people in this game don't understand RP, and don't take time to understand it. Which really annoys me right now, because that's all I am doing at this point.
    Some people don't play the game for the RP. There is other non-RP things that one can do like combat.
  • Drunkenness doesn't reduce when you logout. Then when you want to be helpful for your mentor, all you do is embarras yourself >.<
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Arien said:

Today I learned that some people in this game don't understand RP, and don't take time to understand it. Which really annoys me right now, because that's all I am doing at this point.

You mean INHALE ARIEN isn't RP? I thought it was a good way to greet people.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited September 2015
    Ayisdra said:
    Arien said:
    Some people don't play the game for the RP. There is other non-RP things that one can do like combat.
    While I realize that, it shouldn't have a serious effect upon my gameplay as another player. But you're going to have a problem if you're not in character when you PK anyway.
    Her storm-coloured eyes a muted blue, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Only sorrow can come from a rotting thought, My child, just like roots that have been drowned. You are a paragon of the wisdom I would see spread throughout the Serenwilde, but even the strongest minds must find release."
    -
    A shimmering liquid appears in your inventory smelling sweetly of something carbonated. It vanishes in a puff of silver smoke seconds later.
    -
    I write things
  • Shaddus said:
    It's probably the best way to earn creeper status. :P
    Her storm-coloured eyes a muted blue, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Only sorrow can come from a rotting thought, My child, just like roots that have been drowned. You are a paragon of the wisdom I would see spread throughout the Serenwilde, but even the strongest minds must find release."
    -
    A shimmering liquid appears in your inventory smelling sweetly of something carbonated. It vanishes in a puff of silver smoke seconds later.
    -
    I write things
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    TIL that it's possible to ANALYZE ALL, these days. This is amazing and I love it. :x
  • Shaddus said:
    TIL Shaddus is my alt:

<aliases>
      <alias
       match="inhale (\w+)"
       enabled="y"
       regexp="y"
       sequence="100"
      >
      <send>emote presses his snout to ^%1's neck and inhales sharply, the sound echoing loudly.</send>
      </alias>
    </aliases>

• There's also an inhale emote, y'know. And it's creepy when targeted, too!
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Or romantic  :\">
  • The only difference is I made a system one just to violate @Lavinya
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited September 2015
    @Rivius, try a targetted 'gentlegrowl' if you want to romantically/awkwardly sniff somebody.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Daraius said:

@Rivius, try a targetted 'gentlegrowl' if you want to romantically/awkwardly sniff somebody.

Romance is dead. [-(
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • TIL Inter-org RPs are still super hard. Maybe I'm just not approaching this right. :/

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia

Thalkros said:
    The only difference is I made a system one just to violate @Lavinya
    Checking for dopplegangers he told me. Uhuh.

• Riluna said:
    TIL Inter-org RPs are still super hard. Maybe I'm just not approaching this right. :/
    I understand where you are getting it wrong, Salome has seen you try to outmaneuver @Siam before a long while ago. It made it seem like you just wanted information, and where wanting to use manipulation/cleverness to get at it. Or you know, you could try making friends too! Sometimes that helps with wyrden people. Chopping off heads and giving them as gifts is a suitable offering.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • I do need to throw more bones at you, that makes sense.

Who says I can't try to extract information from my friends, though? I actually like that dynamic. :D I'm just not entirely sure how to overcome the inherent suspicion to even become friends, yet.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    TIL: being friendly with Glomdorians makes them highly suspicious of you. Godspeed.

Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Sylandra said:
    TIL: being friendly with Glomdorians makes them highly suspicious of you. Godspeed.

To be fair, I do ask a lot of questions, while offering nothing in return. My character is kind of suspicious to begin with.

Sylandra said:

On the other hand, Glomdorians who are friendly with you are surprised when you're suspicious. Go figure :D
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Sylandra said:

TIL: Also connections of being good friends with friends of Glomdorian people make interesting benefits.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
    TIL: Mortal reviewers will reject your designs for the slightest things, but apparently have no qualms about letting tea designs pass that reference having the tea in a cup.

Some of us heathens drink our tea right out of the bottle or vial, you know.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    When in doubt, offer a Glomdorian Seren heads. You will have earned a friend for a day.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Siam said:
    When in doubt, offer a Glomdorian Seren heads. You will have earned a friend for a day.
    You can also bake pixies, deer and various other things in pies and cookies as well.
    Befriending Siam is easy. You must simply agree that banana bread is not a bread but a cake. Banana cake. And that ostriches are simply long-necked chickens who may be part-duck, part-turkey, and part-giraffe.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Siam said:
    Befriending Siam is easy. You must simply agree that banana bread is not a bread but a cake. Banana cake. And that ostriches are simply long-necked chickens who may be part-duck, part-turkey, and part-giraffe.
    You heathen. It's both.
    Poser bread.

#bringShikariback 

• Siam said:
    Poser bread.
    It's not poser, there was bread before there was cake.
  • TIL I went on a purge of the elemental planes for reagents for nothing and instead simply greedily stole a few hundred essence for my own uses when I could have just bought fake essence this entire time.
  • TIL that Bully makes a binding the fae a breeze. Whee....

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim: