Today I learned (TIL)

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Renthur said:
    TIL I went on a purge of the elemental planes for reagents for nothing and instead simply greedily stole a few hundred essence for my own uses when I could have just bought fake essence this entire time.
    You can, but unless you want to blow a few hundred thousand gold on it, let your guild supply it to you for cheaper.

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    It shouldn't cost hundreds of thousands of gold to stock up, it takes me perhaps 20-30k to get enough wildeamber.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Salome said:
    Siam said:
    When in doubt, offer a Glomdorian Seren heads. You will have earned a friend for a day.
    You can also bake pixies, deer and various other things in pies and cookies as well.
    Gloms are the only org with easy, guilt free access to deer corpses. I learned this through reasons.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Wait are we supposed to feel guilty about converting one entire deer into two entire cookies?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Luce said:
    Salome said:
    Siam said:
    When in doubt, offer a Glomdorian Seren heads. You will have earned a friend for a day.
    You can also bake pixies, deer and various other things in pies and cookies as well.
    Gloms are the only org with easy, guilt free access to deer corpses. I learned this through reasons.
    Define guilt.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Shaddus said:
    Luce said:
    Salome said:
    Siam said:
    Define guilt.
    Serens can't really kill one of their, what, three deer without breaking one or more quests. Then again, I'm sure that would be ssomewhat cathartic.
    Yes we can  :-/ There are at least 12 Serenwilde deer, and we generally don't have a problem killing them. I have no idea what you're talking about?
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Wait, there are..?
    edited September 2015
    Yes. There is generally no problem with (Serenwilders or trusted allies) bumming around hunting them, especially if it's to eat them. They also don't interact with any quests I'm aware of.
    You just shouldn't kill the silver ones.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Why not kill the bucks in the Tar Pits?  Did they stop leaving corpses?
  • Renthur said:
    TIL I went on a purge of the elemental planes for reagents for nothing and instead simply greedily stole a few hundred essence for my own uses when I could have just bought fake essence this entire time.
    TIL there's a way to buy fake essence.

Now, if someone wants to Today I Taught me how to -get- said fake essence..?
  • It's only for the 'chems or 'woods to use for producing their stuff. The person who originally taught the guild the new skill sells it. There should be something in your guildhall that lets you transverse to (near) them, and they'll have a special area on your ethereal/elemental plane.
  • edited September 2015
    Akyaevin said:
    It's only for the 'chems or 'woods to use for producing their stuff. The person who originally taught the guild the new skill sells it. There should be something in your guildhall that lets you transverse to (near) them, and they'll have a special area on your ethereal/elemental plane.
    I know the Woods persons can both offer Sap for like 100 gold, found like 300 or some thing once, you can put about that much in your Rift. In fact, anyone can, something I learned to late to save that sap(in fact, now that I think about it, Tylwyth still has some sap INR from a Wyrdenwood I  am petty sure is deleted or dead-dead do to a mis -tell). You convert it to whatever type of sap you need, instead of converting essence. I assume the Chemantics teachers offer something similar. 
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Akyaevin said:
    It's only for the 'chems or 'woods to use for producing their stuff. The person who originally taught the guild the new skill sells it. There should be something in your guildhall that lets you transverse to (near) them, and they'll have a special area on your ethereal/elemental plane.
    Oh, that's disappointing. I was hoping that you could use it in place of essence for design stuff. Sadness.
  • Aurik said:
    Akyaevin said:
    Oh, that's disappointing. I was hoping that you could use it in place of essence for design stuff. Sadness.
    You could, but first you would need to design something that used it, instead of essence.

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• You would also need to ask the Charites for it to be made a design comm.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    edited September 2015
    Today I learned that if you ask nicely, people are cool with leaving one of the few neutral forest locations in the game alone so that way baby 'woods have a place to go and mulch trees. My babies haven't been mulched or chopped yet!

(wrong thread, whoops, so ummm....)

Also learned that there's a difference between marble and cloudy marble.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Enyalida said:
    Yes we can  :-/ There are at least 12 Serenwilde deer, and we generally don't have a problem killing them. I have no idea what you're talking about?
    I never liked this nor understood it. The deers and bucks should be considered sacred...I mean heck you can even get a helm that'll let you speak with them telepathically and they're such lovely things.

Sure whatever "cycles,. hunting, blah blah", but I still think it is pretty lame.
    Torc, not helm.

Also, Seren doesn't worship deer.
    edited September 2015
    We absolutely do not worship deer - and that idea of sacredness is how cities do things. It's more that coddling them removes what makes them sacred than wishy washy cycles stuff.
  • Charune: "I made you so my future nieces and nephews could feel less guilty about eating your children."
    Stag: "Fair cop."
    edited September 2015
    Today I learned all shirts are effectively tank tops for purposes of arm tattoo visibility! But tabards, which are traditionally sleeveless, will cover the arms.
    I used to make cakes.

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **

Daraius said:
    Today I learned all shirts are effectively tank tops for purposes of arm tattoo visibility! But tabards, which are traditionally sleeveless, will cover the arms.
    Satchels cover the waist, also. All the time.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    edited September 2015
    Well good, Dar can go around pantsless and still conceal his new tramp stamp.
    I used to make cakes.

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Going back to school is f******* expensive. I have a comfortable salary and tuition reimbursement and I'm still looking at these tuition costs like "I literally can't even with this."
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Celina said:
    Going back to school is f******* expensive. I have a comfortable salary and tuition reimbursement and I'm still looking at these tuition costs like "I literally can't even with this."

Thanks Obama

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Celina said:

While I can sympathize, but isnt this for general dissatisfaction?
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I learned it today, since I haven't looked at tuition costs in a decade. Thus, it is Today I Learned.