Today I learned (TIL)

Comments

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Daraius said:
    Today I learned that some people delete all their messages so I can't check MSGS CONVERSATION <you know who you are> to see what I've messaged them in the past.
    While I know you're not talking about me, I'm one of those people who deletes his messages to keep the list tidy...
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Daraius said:
    Today I learned that some people delete all their messages so I can't check MSGS CONVERSATION <you know who you are> to see what I've messaged them in the past.
    I never knew this was a thing. I also delete my messages habitually to keep it neat.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Today you learned about MSGS CONVERSATION and that it makes me sad to have only half an archive. :(
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Daraius said:
    Today you learned about MSGS CONVERSATION and that it makes me sad to have only half an archive. :(
    :O This is amazing.

I will never delete anything again. 
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Nihmriel said:
    Daraius said:
    :O This is amazing.

I will never delete anything again. 
    Yeah, this new amazing knowledge is conflicting with my stance on purging my messages every time I have more than 30. I hate clutter! But... :-?
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I don't understand people who delete things like that, or who carry packs for non-thematic reasons.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Yeah I saw Pejat wearing at least six satchels like whoa.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I delete messages because I dislike them reaching high numbers (I also use the renumbering thing which I believe was put in place for me! <3 ).

This irked Svorai, though. She liked trying to use the msgs conversation thing amd Xenthos is a black hole for messages.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Drocilla said:
    TIL the amount of typos I make when RPing with people is directly proportional to the amount of hours past my bedtime. Dreadful!!
    (it's okay, some of us fix them on your behalf while we're relishing the sass via Skype chats. NO ONE NEEDS TO KNOW.)
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Today I learned that people can really be understanding. Thanks @Eliron. <3
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • Today I learned that even illithoid guards spawn inner worms on death. Did not see that coming.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Today I learned ecology isn't so bad. Familiarsting is actually way better than I thought. 
  • Today I learned that influencing everyone in a village doesn't autowin the village.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Tylwyth said:
    Today I learned that influencing everyone in a village doesn't autowin the village.

If you are using Crusade at every mob and you got every single mob you should win. Unless you had to overcome extremely negative feelings. Peaced revolts automatically count as crusade everywhere I believe.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Silvanus said:
    Tylwyth said:
    Today I learned that influencing everyone in a village doesn't autowin the village.

If you are using Crusade at every mob and you got every single mob you should win. Unless you had to overcome extremely negative feelings. Peaced revolts automatically count as crusade everywhere I believe.
    Tell that to Paavik, we had to sit around for a longish bit after we got everyone.

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    TIL Celest is obsessed with squids. I'm ducking for cover in case somebody decides to throw something after me *runs*. ;-)
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • TIL That apparently a task for aquamancer novices is to learn how to do the Cay quest. Has the hate gone so deep?
    Arcanis said:
    TIL That apparently a task for aquamancer novices is to learn how to do the Cay quest. Has the hate gone so deep?
    Well, as far as I know, it's also a task for Magnagora novices to learn how to do the cay, is it not? If you ask a newb like me, yes, the hate has gone way too far. On both sides :(
    TIL IKEA even made it into Lusternia. Heavens preserve us!
  • Yeah, having Cay as a requirement for ur'Guard advancement drove me nuts. I literally lost sleep over that damn quest >>

Try having to teach your novices how to do a quest and making it a requirement for advancement, not because you want them to know how to do it in case they want to do it later, but because the game literally and automatically punishes you with powerful aggro mobs infesting your city if you ever stop doing it.

Welcome to the Serenguard.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• Everiine said:
    Try having to teach your novices how to do a quest and making it a requirement for advancement, not because you want them to know how to do it in case they want to do it later, but because the game literally and automatically punishes you with powerful aggro mobs infesting your city if you ever stop doing it.

cant you guys just buy the grass stuff from your tutor?
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    He's not talking about the Hills. And no.
    Arcanis said:

Oh goodness, if the quest were as easy as buying something from the tutor, it would still be annoying as hell, but at least easier.

• edited August 2015
    Arcanis said:
    Everiine said:

Sweetgrass can be gotten by turning in some rare plant thingy, but it's a pain in the rear to find and do that, IIRC. Easier b y far to just reap some.
    And he's talking about someting else entirely, the prisoner that's below the serenwilde.....

• Tylwyth said:
    Arcanis said:
    Everiine said:

Sweetgrass can be gotten by turning in some rare plant thingy, but it's a pain in the rear to find and do that, IIRC. Easier b y far to just reap some.
    And he's talking about someting else entirely, the prisoner that's below the serenwilde.....

Right, the Lakedancer no? I had thought that she was kept sealed by sweetgrass.
  • No, no, she's kept sealed by Steel Magnolias.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.