Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• Xenthos said:
    Falmiis said:
    Xenthos said:
    Glomdoring's laws say that we must ignore threats from outsiders / uninitiates.  /nod
    You lot are wasting a perfectly fine pillar, I'm just saying.
    We never requested the pillar in the first place, I'm just saying.
    Donate it to us! I'm sure we'll find a use for it.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Falmiis said:
    Xenthos said:
    Falmiis said:
    Xenthos said:
    Glomdoring's laws say that we must ignore threats from outsiders / uninitiates.  /nod
    You lot are wasting a perfectly fine pillar, I'm just saying.
    We never requested the pillar in the first place, I'm just saying.
    Donate it to us! I'm sure we'll find a use for it.
    I think it would break if we tried to make it do anything productive now.  It has gone for so long being the silent expression of Glomdoring's mindset (and quite appropriately, at that) that it just couldn't bear the responsibility of anything else.
  • This! The conversation about the Wyrd, the pillar and why it's blank.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I wish the Nirvana quest didn't require two people, the puzzle is tough enough as is without having to find another dreamweaver. I missed the memo before that it does require two people and spent a really long time trying to figure out the puzzle :C
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Enyalida said:
    I wish the Nirvana quest didn't require two people, the puzzle is tough enough as is without having to find another dreamweaver. I missed the memo before that it does require two people and spent a really long time trying to figure out the puzzle :C

How much dreamweaving does it take to do?
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
    Dreamrealm. You can't have all four platforms down at once, so you've gotta put them down in front and pull them up behind the second person, who walks across. Then they slap a big red button and stuff happens. 
    Is everyone going to ignore the fact that there is a Harbinger named "Ooh la lah"?
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Ulalah is not a Harbinger, if that's who you're referring to.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Enyalida said:
    Is everyone going to ignore the fact that there is a Harbinger named "Ooh la lah"?
    I always think of Ulala. Wyrd Channel 5?!

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Holy crap she looks just like a character on this cartoon show called Winx Club that my sister used to watch.

Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    edited April 2016
    Sylandra said:
    Holy crap she looks just like a character on this cartoon show called Winx Club that my sister used to watch.

Haha. Have you never seen Space Channel 5? It's a Dreamcast game where you play as Ulala the space reporter and defeat an alien invasion with the power of dance. You also rescue SPACE MICHAEL who is definitely just spacefuture Michael Jackson. It's great. 

EDIT: well, there's a quote bug I haven't seen before. Why is there a tiny little quote box bit underneath my reply?? Forums, get it together.
  • There's also the less popular but still badass Ulala from Persona 2 Eternal Punishment

The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • Phoebus and Sylandra, please stop bringing up my childhood on forums
  • Enyalida said:

Oh thank god. I thought I was the only one who noticed this. Every time I see Ulalah I imagine a french accent coming out of her.
  • Demartel said:

Oh thank god. I thought I was the only one who noticed this. Every time I see Ulalah I imagine a french accent coming out of her.
    I always imagine an annoying overaffected French accent.  Which is much worse.

• Eldanien said:
    Demartel said:

I always imagine an annoying overaffected French accent.  Which is much worse.
    Delportian, then.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Don't you speak that Delpatois at me
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    That awkward moment when you're criticising someone's name on the forums and they can probably read it.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    It's not particularly awkward, nor is it a criticism. You're welcome to feel awkward whenever you want, don't go roping anyone else in. 
    edited April 2016
    Enyalida said:
    It's not particularly awkward, nor is it a criticism. You're welcome to feel awkward whenever you want, don't go roping anyone else in. 
    Fair enough. What was the point of bringing up her name? For all you know, her name is pronounced Ooh Lay Luh.

I'm personally more worried about the Gaudiguchians Shagster and Deepblue.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited April 2016
    Deepblue already changed her name to something more appropriate. It sounds like she was a genuine newcomer, and didn't know that Deepblue didn't fit with the style of the game. Witchcraft also changed his name at some point.

That said, Shnoop the Loboshigaru, born Dvarsh 20 and emerged from the Portal 420 years after the coming of Estarra, is still around. And keeps randomly logging in every once in a while.
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • edited April 2016
    There was a Mysra earlier
    Shaddus said:
    That awkward moment when you're criticising someone's name on the forums and they can probably read it.
    I wasn't criticizing it, I just always think of Ulala when I see her. I hope it didn't come off as making fun. :(
  • I didn't even read the name like that in my head
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Wheel and wonder crystals updates are a gamechanger. Get a cornucopia now.
    They should have changed it to where iron coins no longer give dolls or beepbeeps. People actually like the solstice candies.
  • This is for @CyndarinAscends (whatever your name is now, derp). That is all.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
    There's someone in Hallifax named Sure, who causes name highlights in silly places. 
This discussion has been closed.