Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• @Dylara I'll note that you don't want to defend. I was definitely counting you as someone who was willing to fight, that's my mistake.

I know it's annoying to some people, but I do like to send tells to gauge if there's any actual interest in having a fight. For me that's what's fun in Lusternia, I understand and accept that it's not what's fun for you.

I hope you don't get too worked up about any raids. They're mostly harmless in the end.

:/
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • Ciaran said:

@Dylara I'll note that you don't want to defend. I was definitely counting you as someone who was willing to fight, that's my mistake.

I know it's annoying to some people, but I do like to send tells to gauge if there's any actual interest in having a fight. For me that's what's fun in Lusternia, I understand and accept that it's not what's fun for you.

I hope you don't get too worked up about any raids. They're mostly harmless in the end.

:/

It's the frequency.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• edited July 2016
    I see you guys around when I'm around (not so much Ciaran). You could raid the people that are always willing to fight. I think we've put ourselves out there enough at this point.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Twytch said:

Synkarin said:

Lets be honest - you didn't start playing 4 months ago. Maybe on Twytch, but you're well aware of other things that have happened in the much farther past than 4 months ago, you also likely know that credit prices have been a pretty stable 40k-50k for probably at least a year now, if not longer. Sometimes it swings higher, others it drops a bit, but 40k average seems pretty consistent.

Yup, last time I played was 2010-13, and I remember prices back then was at 20k when I left. I don't see how that's relevant -- if anything, it shows that Lusternia's economy is even more outrageously broken, considering Achaea's moves at a slower pace (6k-7k over a three-year period). Even Imperian's credit price inflation is pretty low, and gold generation there is much easier (there are areas which generate a ridiculous amount of gold).
    Yeah. We're not stupid, you're transparent in both your constant attacks against a specific org and your methods of attacking them, and a lot more things we aren't allowed to talk about on the forums. Nice try.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Part of what happened with the credit economy was travel curios getting sold for gold. We quite suddenly had a very obvious comparison between like products, one at a gold price, and one at credit price.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • I see you guys around when I'm around (not so much Ciaran). You could raid the people that are always willing to fight. I think we've put ourselves out there enough at this point.

Hey I'm gonna try to stay up a bit later tonight! What time do you and the crew get online?
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I personally feel the "Are we doing this?" tell is incredibly insensitive and uncalled for when you are raiding their territory. You are looking for a fight / instigating against people who may or may not want it themselves. It is different in neutral territory if they come after you and then just sit in a huddle somewhere, but when they are in their org territory and you are the invader they are under no obligation to "give you what you want". If you are not getting the fight you want, I feel that you should just leave. It is pretty easy, and doesn't end up making the people you send tells to feeling like you are taunting / trolling them (regardless of how you intend it to sound, I can easily see how any defender unhappy about defending constantly would take it that way). Be polite / good sports about it. After all, if you discourage the people you are raiding, you're just going to end up with fewer people bothering to show up.

That said, I do feel there is a slight difference if someone was instigating and you chase them back into their territory. In that case they were looking for a scuffle, to me. But for a person who was doing their own thing, it is better to either be encouraging-- or, at the very least, just not say anything at all.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi

I see you guys around when I'm around (not so much Ciaran). You could raid the people that are always willing to fight. I think we've put ourselves out there enough at this point.

Honestly, a lot of the times seeing things like this on forums as an effective noncom often feels like someone saying "We're over here in Alcatraz with the National Guard, but you and your Civil War Re-enactment troupe are welcome to attack any time you want."
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    And my response to that would be 'why is the Civil War re-enactment troupe picking on the Ghandi/MLK Jr group for peace?'

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited July 2016
    Or you could always raid us when we're around. Fun times.

EDIT: With that said, WTB permanent rifts from Fire -> Vortex and Air -> Continuum a la Water/Earth.
    See you in Sapience.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Where are there permanent rifts from Water to Celestia and Earth to Nil?
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Not sure about Earth to Nil, Water to Celestia links from outside the Tidelords to north of Methrenton's pillar in Celestia proper.
  • The Earth to Nil one is on the entrance of the Citadel of the Rock (leads to the eastern side of Nil). Similar to how the Water to Celestia one is outside the Grotto and leads to the western side of Celestia.
    See you in Sapience.
    Twytch said:

EDIT: With that said, WTB permanent rifts from Fire -> Vortex and Air -> Continuum a la Water/Earth.

We do :)

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Synkarin said:

Twytch said:

We do :)
    I must miss all of it, the single defense I've participated in for the whole past two weeks is the Averice/Ceros combo yesterday with Ciaran (we were defending EtherSeren, heh). Other than that, most of the group combat has been offensive raids (or revolts, I suppose; the last one had a bit of a fight).
    See you in Sapience.
    I've seen you around plenty during my playing times. If you missed it, it's probably because you afking in havens or something. There's been several raids this last week.

It's not like you of all people actually want to fight though.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Synkarin said:

I've seen you around plenty during my playing times. If you missed it, it's probably because you afking in havens or something. There's been several raids this last week.

That's your go-to insult, except it's really not true. :)
    See you in Sapience.
  • colours pretty please?
    Your numbers today are:
    Twytch said:

Synkarin said:

Ok :) I'll just remember your 'sphere and run to the Matrix tactics' the last time you 'wanted to fight' :) You know, the one I called you out on. Actions speak louder than words, and your actions continually show that you don't want to actually fight.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • The grind brings more tears the closer I get to the goal.
    Your numbers today are:
    Kilee said:

The grind brings more tears the closer I get to the goal.

I've done it six times. You'll make it.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited July 2016
    Synkarin said:

Twytch said:

Synkarin said:

Ok :) I'll just remember your 'sphere and run to the Matrix tactics' the last time you 'wanted to fight' :) You know, the one I called you out on. Actions speak louder than words, and your actions continually show that you don't want to actually fight.
    @Twytch Are you gonna let him say that to you? Come on say something back.
  • *shrug*
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    But @Phoebus, what about the peoples on the sidelines with the popcorns? What are we supposed to watch if there are no fights? :(
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Siam said:

But @Phoebus, what about the peoples on the sidelines with the popcorns? What are we supposed to watch if there are no fights? :(

Wouldn't you rather watch something besides reruns of the same fight that gets played every week?
    but it doesn't! Because it doesn't happen to begin with.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Phoebus said:

Siam said:

Wouldn't you rather watch something besides reruns of the same fight that gets played every week?
    I didn't make this popcorn for nothing, Phoebus.
This discussion has been closed.