Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• To be fair, it's mostly been true. Although admittedly the brokenness of Tahtetso's double-hemi and Shofangi's near-instant greenlock were hilarious.
    See you in Sapience.
  • Silea said:
    Shaddus said:
    Personally, I think New Celest could do well to encourage people to do what the Supernals tell them to do. Otherwise, they have people that do bad things, like how some Celestians slay the children in the TBC to keep it from being raised.
    Mechanics > RP
    It's more the issue of one-sided expectations.

Despite the fact that we often argue about our grey morality, realistically Celest and Serenwilde are generally assigned "good", Mag and Glom are more "evil", with Halli and Gaudi occupying the neutral zone.

As a result, if the situation were reversed no one would likely bat an eye if Magnagora was slaying children in the hundreds, on a purely IC level Stewartsville would never revolt due to Glom sacrificing the baby no matter how many times it is (I believe Night magic is the excuse). Even Hallifax and Gaudi could get away with stuff that people might not let Serenwilde and Celest do because of the moral standard that they're kinda held to.

But at the same time, my Serenwilde would kill anything in their way if it meant the protection of nature. #Farellawasright
  • edited July 2016
    I'm fully aware of what grapple does. The comment was, in entirety, sattire.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    edited July 2016
    Whoops, wrong thread.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I wish design reviewers could comment on a design without rejecting it. Don't want to approve it because you see something wrong? Let me know, I'll recall it and resubmit it. Don't let it sit there for a week.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I'm pretty sure it's been stated before that there are rounds of reviewers. Each time someone reviews a design they aren't able to review it the next time it goes through. The more rejections you get the longer it can take to get a subsequent submission through. Not to discount your frustration with that at all - but that's one reason a lot of designers (myself included) share things with friends in advance to check for errors before submitting. Lessens likelihood of missing something obvious.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Sylandra said:
    I'm pretty sure it's been stated before that there are rounds of reviewers. Each time someone reviews a design they aren't able to review it the next time it goes through. The more rejections you get the longer it can take to get a subsequent submission through. Not to discount your frustration with that at all - but that's one reason a lot of designers (myself included) share things with friends in advance to check for errors before submitting. Lessens likelihood of missing something obvious.

I appreciate your post and support, but it's not really pertinent to my tweet. The design in question has been sitting there for several days. It's a decidedly simple design, and I've had other, more complex designs pass since then, which tells me that yes, someone is checking designs, and I'm eternally grateful.

What I'm looking for is to be able to see the rejection comments without it actually being returned to me, so I can recall, fix it and resubmit it without it sitting there.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Sap is bullshit. There is absolutely nothing fun about staring at your screen, watching your health disappear because one person has you webbed and sapped while the other just wails on you. It's stupid. I want to get better at fighting, I want to defend and I expect to die, often. But when it seems like there is literally nothing I can do but wait to die....grrr. 

tl;dr f**k sap.

• Stupid sap

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • I don't use m&m specifically because the aeon/sap curing was always so shit.  I never really took the time to tweak it though.  You should ask for support setting up different queues for aeon / sap because it's handled in the same order by m&m.  You then have to toggle between one and the other.  I think if you get that fixed and working nicely you won't find yourself sapped for quite as long.

If you've already set up prio-swapping, then I'm sorry, yeah, sap is too strong in groups.  Hopefully you can at least improve your setup a bit! (Or hope that your org mates learn to cleanse you!)
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • edited July 2016
    Sap is just so easy to stick. It doesn't time out and pretty much anyone can stop it via offeq, paralysis, sprawl of any form, entangle; a lot of the afflictions which delay sap curing are super fast too. The tradeoff is that anyone can cure sap from you. If you're alone you get splunk'd though.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • If I get sapped these days I pause the system and tumble asap.
  • Sap is easy to cure out of once you fix mmf's prios. It is still bullshit, but I have yet to be locked in sap since Sidd told me to "get gud, scrub. fix your prios"
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I don't use M&M. I also need to do some updating, but the issue wasn't my system, it was the ease of one person sapping the other hitting when I was alone. I was even using brume! But then gust/fearaura and yup, back in the trees ohlooksappedanddead.

• I'm sure we've all had keyboard mashing experiences with sap before. :(

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • I'd say something, but it'd end uo being a massive derail and rant. So I won't.

• Logs!
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Sap is "easy to cure" when you have friends to cleanse you. Or if you have trueheal. Cue the forum trolls.
  • edited July 2016
    Sap, in general, is a problem for the same reason aeon is a problem. It changes the interaction between players to one person trying to just not die. It just has an easier group counter.

I don't know if she was fighting a BT or Hartstone, but the Harstone kit makes sap set up and lock down a lot easier due to stag toss and stag stomp. BT still have OP allergies, but Crow itself isn't all that helpful in saplocks.

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    edited July 2016
    Sooo... introduce a sap time-out! Make it cure over time! Grant an immunity to being sapped again so soon!

Once we get sap addressed maybe droods can get more love~
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• The plan is to not have sap in its current form or remove it I believe. @Enyalida knows more at this point in time.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Sap needs to do something entirely different. No amount of bandaids will work here, tbh.
    Yeah. Was going to be working on it, but then things IRL got really busy earlier in the summer than expected. I have some ideas, no numbers.
    So...the forums have completely changed on me and I have no idea how to change them back. There's an entire toolbar missing. Did someone nerf forums behind the scene?

(I can't even post the image since I don't know how, so here's the link: http://i.imgur.com/wALzNHB.png)

And double-post while I'm thinking of mafia, it turns out sitting in the rain for an hour waiting for your interviewer to show up is a Bad Idea (tm). Someone bring me hot chocolate and something easy for the stomach, I'm sick and want to do nothing but watch scrubs and TrumpSC play DanganRompa

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Mine disappeared, too. :(

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• edited July 2016
    If I had a credit for every time Enyalida said she was working on removing sap.

You might have enough credits to buy more varied put downs.
This discussion has been closed.