Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Yeah, I liked your logs, they were a good read. They all seem to be ones where you win though, so if the point of bringing them up was to point out that you guys lose when it's full force vs. full force, I wanna read those logs too.

RE: Falmiis - that's fair. Maybe we'll sync up around the holidays then.

• (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Your numbers today are:
  • Serenwilde has few solid fighters. I am working on it, but I am still out-classed right now. Not complaining, just stating fact. So I tend to follow the lead of whomever has been around longer. Not because I do not want to lead (which was originally the case, but I feel more comfortable doing it now) but because I am just not going to singlehandely win against all the TA's and their stun patrol.

Also I am one of those adults with a mortgage and real life responsibilities, so when I can join raids/even feel like joining raids depends on how much I want to lose my beauty sleep and be an ogre for my family the next day.
  • Those last raids were me, Yarith, Falmiis, Shedrin, Auriella, and Ciaran. Did Demartel join us or was he putting out fires? But members of the south present were Lerad, Enadonella, Versalean, Veldrin, and the instigators Issey and Averice. It's not perfectly equal, but with discretionaries and guards (which did happen), it was a bit of a fair fight if the South was just a bit more organized in the defense. But it was only really Lerad with guards who ever showed up; Averice and Issey mysteriously disappeared from the mess they started (we did manage to kill both of them at least once, though) and Enadonella only showed up for the cleanup.

I also resent the jibe that somehow the South is full of responsible adults while the North is just a bunch of trashy college kids. I am a college kid, but I also work because I need to pay tuition etc. and I do not have the luxury of simply changing my shedule to fit your needs. Bills do not have a summer vacation.

P.S. Honestly, though, if Gaudiguch (or Magnagora, for that matter) had any places that were as easy to raid (fight in, get into) as EtherGlom, we totally would have. As it is, Gaydiguch had 0 villages and there's no nifty rift to Vortex, plus Issey went to hide in the Nexus World It was fun chasing her down there, though. Flying isn't so bad!

See you in Sapience.
  • edited July 2016
    I don't think I've posted (m)any logs where I win.. Most (all) of them are a slaughterfest.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    edited July 2016
    It's also very easy to say that people should try more when you're one of the best fighters in the game and surround yourself with most of the others who would make up the top tier of fighters.
  • edited July 2016
    Also, you are looking at it through a window of having worked with those top tier fighters for years and so you all know each other's nuances. I mean, I can tell you mean well, but keep in mind that from my perspective, the North has a lot of people who come and go and play at fighting for a little while, but no cohesive unit like the South does. That makes a big difference no matter how you try to spin it.

Yes practice makes perfect and we cannot get better if we do not try, but you still do have that years of technical experience with each other that we lack.
  • edited July 2016
    I can only speak for myself, but I really do wish you guys were around when I was.  I unfortunately cannot stay up until 4AM to joust epeens.  Blaming us for not being online when it's convenient for you is a bit annoying.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    You guys always do your thing when I'm being a harassed mother cooking dinner and bathing kids and organising bed time and collapsing into an exhausted heap that doesn't really feel like fighting. It's my timezone and all, woe. WTB nanny to care for my kids and cook while I defend.

• We want you to be playing with us too Lavinya!
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    edited July 2016
    Whoa whoa, I didn't mean to imply that the north is full of broke ass college kids and the south is full of well-adjusted adults. Look at Celina.

But seriously, to expand - I really just wanted to explain why Celina/Sidd (is there anyone else in the "Gaydiguch" squad?) make complaints about no fights happening (because I assume they are the main shit-stirrers if/when they feel like stirring shit) - they both have responsibilities to where they can't spend all their time in the game anymore. The fact of the matter is, if Y group can show up only at a specified time, and X group tends to be more flexible, I feel like it would be easier for X to meet Y halfway than the other way around, so to speak. Unless of course neither group wants to.

Which is fine! Twytch is touchy though lol.

RE: logs - okay that's true. I was wrong, only the latest 2 were.

RE: top tier fighter privilege - this is a problem with no solution other than finding the obsessive kind of player who really gets into things without burning out. I would say though that I think it's precisely because we are here that we know exactly what kind effort we put in to get there in the first place. Unfortunately, all we really can base our (un)wanted opinions on are our own experiences. Going in and dying over and over while learning worked for us. But admittedly, maybe Lusternia was more conducive to that kind of learning back then than it is now.

More fighting in general etc etc.

RE: blaming you for not being online when it's convenient for you - don't be daft, I'm not talking about those people. I'm gonna explicitly state that a certain few of you like picking fights specifically when no one is around to defend under the guise of "doing it for the fight". That is who I mean.
  • edited July 2016
    ...but I am a broke ass college kid

Edit: And the latest two don't really demonstrate majority force.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • I've been impatiently refreshing forums since 1am, waiting to see if Tremula is on and mafia is continueing. @_@
  • I hope this'll be accepted by the community in the constructive spirit it's intended:

Maybe we should have a dedicated thread for people to vent about 1) combat outcomes they didn't like; 2) dickmoves by the other team; 3) imbalanced axes of conflict/pvgrief mechanics; 4) numbers. Maybe call it Combat Ragetweets or something.

This is a genuine suggestion - I know I would probably contribute the odd drunken post to such a thread.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    That was called Lack of Rants and it was closed for being ranty.
  • edited July 2016
    You're not allowed to rant unless you call it a tweet or quote.
  • (though the three pages afterwards are neither tweets nor quotes)

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Re: the purpose of Tweets, "tweets" that are really rants, I am going to link you back to something that @Zvoltz wonderfully posted on this very thread 38 pages ago. Specifically the first point. 
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I sure wish someone would go through the Artifact Cart on the website and correct the large amount of typos and mistakes. I'd hate for someone to complain because their 85$ shield rune doesn't actually give them a 52/52 shield.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Muahaha, I got my starter pokemon:

Sikris Sablewing says to you, "Ssssk."
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Lavinya said:
    You guys always do your thing when I'm being a harassed mother cooking dinner and bathing kids and organising bed time and collapsing into an exhausted heap that doesn't really feel like fighting. It's my timezone and all, woe. WTB nanny to care for my kids and cook while I defend.
    We luff you Lavi.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• You put a medallion engraved with the letter G into a grey stone tablet.
    (5240h|100%) (7140m|100%) (5620e|107%) 10p (84.42%) (exdb)-
    You say, "H9."
    /=========================\
    |-| a b c | d e f | g h i |
    |-|-------+-------+-------|
    |1| E B H | C D I | A F G |
    |2| D C I | G A F | H E B |
    |3| G A F | B E H | I C D |
    |4| I E D | H C G | B A F |
    |5| F G C | A B D | E I H |
    |6| B H A | I F E | G D C |
    |7| A F B | E G C | D H I |
    |8| H D G | F I A | C B E |
    |9| C I E | D H B | F G A |
    \=========================/
    It weighs about 25 pounds.
    A grey stone tablet is holding:
    Nothing.
    It has the following aliases: stone, tablet.
    You reach out and touch a grey stone tablet.
    The tablet depresses slightly, but nothing of note happens.
    /=========================\
    |-| a b c | d e f | g h i |
    |1| E _ _ | _ _ _ | _ _ G |
    |2| D _ _ | _ _ _ | _ _ B |
    |3| _ A F | B _ H | I C _ |
    |4| _ E _ | _ C _ | _ B _ |
    |5| _ _ _ | A _ D | _ _ _ |
    |6| _ H _ | _ F _ | _ D _ |
    |7| _ F B | E _ C | D H _ |
    |8| H _ _ | _ _ _ | _ _ E |
    |9| C _ _ | _ _ _ | _ _ A |
    \=========================/
    It weighs about 25 pounds.
    A grey stone tablet is holding:
    Nothing.
    It has the following aliases: stone, tablet.
    As horrible thoughts fill your mind, you begin to sob uncontrollably.
  • Is that a sudoku puzzle?
  • Yes. And it took so long to solve the puzzle itself, and about 10x the amount of time to "get thing from thing, put thing in thing, say thing to make thing work" that I never want to do another quest ever again.
  • edited July 2016
    I may or may not use an online sudoku solver and just type the nine numbers into the command bar and let the magic do the rest. 
    I think some form of corner cutting makes it much easier, especially if you've already done it before. (But I failed about three times before I figured this out)

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    The Tar Pits tower puzzle is like that, too. Usually I think three or four or five steps ahead, but while typing it all out I tend to forget...
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    @Naecia I know your pain with resetting quests. About 20 pages back there's a rant of me of Xion's puzzles resetting me after nearly 2 hours of hard work. I generally try to make it now, that when I go to quests, note down every detail and not counting to solving it the first time through. Then, next time be better prepared and do the rest as fast as possible, so you have time to burn on the puzzle. Plus you then have a little bit of an idea when it's going to be resetting.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Where's the quest it's part of? Scripting solutions to puzzles is my favorite lusternian pasttime. <_<
This discussion has been closed.