Silim go bhfuil tu fionnuar @Rancoura

Rancoura said:
    Synkarin said:
    Go raibh maith agat! :)
    Tá gliondar i mo chroí anois. An Ghaeilge abú! :x
  • edited July 2016
    Falmiis said:
    Late, but from my perspective, Issey was in Etherwilde setting fires, then she ran back to hide in Etherglom so I went in to try to go kill her. She went hiding in the her nexus world so I didn't bother sticking around. As far as I know Ciaran and Twytch(?) then flew a ship just to go kill her. Next thing I know Lerad decides to be a massive PITA by veiling himself and then running around killing our villagers. So I ask people if they want to go kill the guards that he put up.

I hate raiding. I think it is not very fun for the defenders and usually not even fun for the attackers. But no, I didn't call that raid for a fight or anything. It was 100% because Lerad decided to waste everyone's time trying to chase him.
    I mean, Lerad isn't the type to veil grief anyone for no reason. He doesn't even raid except on the rare occasion afaik. He's not me.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight

Rancoura said:
    Synkarin said:
    Go raibh maith agat! :)

Are you people trying to speak irish?
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I thought I was succeeding....

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.

• Falmiis said:
    Late, but from my perspective, Issey was in Etherwilde setting fires, then she ran back to hide in Etherglom so I went in to try to go kill her. She went hiding in the her nexus world so I didn't bother sticking around. As far as I know Ciaran and Twytch(?) then flew a ship just to go kill her. Next thing I know Lerad decides to be a massive PITA by veiling himself and then running around killing our villagers. So I ask people if they want to go kill the guards that he put up.

I hate raiding. I think it is not very fun for the defenders and usually not even fun for the attackers. But no, I didn't call that raid for a fight or anything. It was 100% because Lerad decided to waste everyone's time trying to chase him.
    I mean, Lerad isn't the type to veil grief anyone for no reason. He doesn't even raid except on the rare occasion afaik. He's not me.

Falmiis said:

I like to think I'm not the type to raid for no reason either. I'm pretty sure Lerad has raided a lot more than I have. There are many sides to every story.

Ultimately I think most people can agree that fires are frustrating to deal with. I don't care who starts it.

Issey also knows exactly what she is doing and has been asked multiple times to stop. 
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Synkarin said:
    I thought I was succeeding....

Heh! am trying to learn and my vocabulary consists of five or so words. 'agat' being one of them. Which is why it caught my attention ;)
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • I know that fire won't hurt me but will hurt someone if I'm trying to fight them. I went up to try to fight Elo something but I left when Barrin came up because lol suicide. Then I see Falmiis, go back to glom to tell them that they're likely to be attacked, then lol more demigods Twytch, Yarith, Ciaran. I go to my nexus world, Twytch and Ciaran come kill me, cool I let them so they'll stop following me. 

Wake up hours later check forums, I started a flame war.
    Your numbers today are:
  • Falmiis said:

Falmiis said:

Falmiis said:

Issey also knows exactly what she is doing and has been asked multiple times to stop. 

Also only Avurekhos has talked to me ICly about it, nothing has happened multiple times unless you mean I should listen to all the crap you guys say in the Discord and take it IC
    Your numbers today are:
  • edited July 2016
    It's okay girl. I remember a raid where I set Etherseren on fire during a raid and 3 or 4 of them died to the fire tics (plus Sidd). That damage, if you can get them to fight in it, is actually pretty good. Some still called me a liar about it. 

It's not you, it's them. Not everyone wants to listen. Don't let it bother you.
  • I just set the fire for the little extra damage that will work with me, promise >_<

Your numbers today are:
  • edited July 2016
    Last time this came up ethereal was game for fires for PK related events. Also a small area so not hard to control.  

Prime is self policed by players (usually) and off limits due to the severe annoyance and frustration it causes.

• FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    edited July 2016
    She has set fires in both. Including times where she wasn't in a fight on Prime and just did it at the edge of the road so she could run after she did it. Something tells me that it's not as innocent as to help her PK better.
  • I will accept that that one time it was for PK. The other 4 times when people went to Ethereal and said "Hey it is on fire" and nobody was around  though I call BS on the "for PK" excuse.
  • Falmiis said:

If you were there to know what Issey did, and about the Gaudi Nexus whatever attack, then you would also be there to see that Twytch was killed by Glom guards inside a Glom village, minutes before I was raiding. Even if you didn't have deathsight up, you would have heard Yarith's area announcer saying I entered, or target calling, or enemy-engage whatever lines when I attacked him in a different Glom village.

Even if Yarith didn't have those triggers, or switched them off, and you were basically standing in a calm oasis of silence and peace and quiet for the entire time until I attacked Halli villages - which was exactly what happened to me, by the way - your first reaction wasn't to find out what happened? You know, what Demartel said he did with Twytch? Or you know, what I did with Yarith and Maligorn? If not asking me, but not even checking with your own city members? Okay, fine, let's give you the benefit of the doubt for all of the above, a concession for being blind and deaf and mute, for not finding out what happened due to factors outside of your control.

On top of all that, you have the gall to respond to my complaints by telling me that it was 100% because of my actions. You actually came to effectively tell me to my face that this was all my fault. Maybe I should apologize? Or maybe I should click on the agree button on your post and say that, 'Yeah, man, I deserved this. I should have just rolled over and let you spank my ass for being a naughty boy instead of doing what I did.' And maybe kiss your toes for good measure to show my contrition? Yeah, sorry, if I sound like I'm disgusted and bitter, it's because I am.

• Last time this came up ethereal was game for fires for PK related events. Also a small area so not hard to control.  

Prime is self policed by players (usually) and off limits due to the severe annoyance and frustration it causes.

Look, I don't know about you, but I'm sick of these we're raiding for fires thing. Use it in a fight or whatever. But tell Issey to cut it out if it's just for lulz. Because no one is laughing.

edited July 2016
    I said me calling the raid was because of what you did, but my intention wasn't to blame you for it happening. I apologise if that is how it sounded. As I pointed out, I don't like being on either end of raids. As for what Twytch and Yarith did, all I knew was that guards had been summoned. I assumed they had always been there and weren't summoned just because of them. I didn't hear any target calling from either of them. Twytch never calls targets and unlike some people Yarith actually has the common courtesy of making a toggle for his target calling.

Ultimately, all of last night's events were because of what Issey did. If it was just a casual raid it probably wouldn't have escalated at all. The fact that fires were set for the nth time in the last week just made the situation a lot worse than it needed to be.
  • edited July 2016
    I've only set Ethereal on fire twice, so.

One of them was faethorn
    Your numbers today are:
  • I've also heard if you starting fires in Prime at least two times in the last week, running at the sight of anyone coming to try to stop you. What's your point?
  • Can you imagine how short this conversation would've been if you guys gave a new player a fraction of the benefit of the doubt and leeway you gave Twytch and Avu. I bet it wouldn't even exist at all! Let's try it.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Since when were terms like 'noob' and 'midbe' acceptable in character terms? It hurts, don't do it.

• Falmiis said:
    I've also heard if you starting fires in Prime at least two times in the last week, running at the sight of anyone coming to try to stop you. What's your point?
    1 time in Gaudiguch when I first got the construct, you can ask Cyndarin and Altrea.
    1 time on the road outside of Serenwilde, and lol screw me for not wanting to die right?
    Your numbers today are:
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I think I'll just buy Issey a chisel so she can start destroying statues. Then maybe the north will stop using Glom as a whipping boy.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    So like, are people raiding yet or what.

Or do these "frequent raids" still happen only between the hours of 2 - 6 AM PST?

I mean let's not kid ourselves, if people actually raided for the sake of getting a fight, they'd raid when there's a chance that they'd get spanked. It's been the case when I hung out, probably is still the case now.

If so, I'm just gonna wait until the anniversary games, collect my free credits, then go back to watching Mr. Robot.
  • edited July 2016
    I don't think anyone wants to raid with the understanding that they have no chance.
    Also ~9AM PST (But, I mean, everything must be done on PST time right? That's when it's fair to pvp)
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    edited July 2016
    Who's to say you guys have no chance, I thought aeon was all the rage now. Or maybe it's melds. Maybe both?

Not to pull a Sidd or anything, but you don't really know that you have no chance if you don't try right. And don't tell me you guys have. I have literally spent almost 10 years playing this game. The level of trying the last 2 years or so have been a bit on the low side (ex: the literal ascension event).

RE: PST - because that's where I live, lol. Don't read too much into it.

Fact of the matter is, the big bad gaudis currently have mortgages and boring adult stuff to do. And if the other side really is solely comprised of people on their summer break (who tbh can more readily change their raiding schedule compared to the former), then I don't really know what to say.
  • You've read my logs right? I'm pretty sure you haven't been in the recent meaningful fights but I can't think of (m)any that we've won when the majority of our force is against the majority of yours, let alone with powers.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
    edited July 2016
    It's a two way street. When a few of us can actually play/fight is usually very late for most Americans, but there are a good number of people who fight from south around. For example, in the last set of Stewartsville/Delport revolts. There wasn't anyone really trying from the south even though there were a few of them around, so they decided to gank one of our new people after instead.

Or even the Life domoth that I recently passed onto Zyphora. It was during the afternoon US time and we really didn't have many people, let alone ones who knew what they're doing. Between clairsentience and WHO I saw that they had more than enough people online and on prime who fight often. We were all expecting to have to fight and likely lose, but I guess since a certain couple of people were afk/offline they didn't want to even give it a try either.
This discussion has been closed.