Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Yarith said:
    Also kicking loyal mobs really depends on people who can hear loyalsays. Loyalsays for lords/guardian mobs really should be orgwide.
    Yea, would definitely second Daughters and Ladies being audible to everyone in their commune.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Even though it's not as fun for some people, hearing how Halifax responded to the raids and discouraged people from doing it really gives me e-Pride.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • I feel like this situation has been misread about four different ways.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    No raiding matters. It's all for fun because it's a game. 

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.

• Yarith said:
    I feel like this situation has been misread about four different ways.
    Probably!

I'm just saying that raiding Glomdoring because of Issey, a true new player, set their first baby fire is a bit of an overreaction but oh well. Raiders gonna raid, life is life, etc etc etc. However, drawing a parallel between that and Me/Twytch is just trying to score forums points for your (aka @Demartel's) side and kind of tacky.
  • I think this hasn't been Issey's first firestarting attempt. At least, I noticed lately that when @Demartel or some other Seren calls out a fire on the alliance clan, it's followed by 'So and so and Issey'.
    See you in Sapience.
    It's ok though, she's just looking for fights amirite?

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Yup, and she definitely got it!
    See you in Sapience.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    We should make fires on prime give Avenger status on whoever set them if they kill someone.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Has anyone mentioned anything to her? Or me? Or anyone at all? As far as I know Twytch stopped, and as a result I stopped (so suck it nay-sayers). 

#AllRaidsMatter
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Has anyone mentioned anything to her? Or me? Or anyone at all? As far as I know Twytch stopped, and as a result I stopped (so suck it nay-sayers). 

Yes she was talked to. Right after she tried to set prime Serenwilde on fire, Falmiis talked to her and then Avurekhos took her candle away from her.

To be fair I fully thought it was you setting fires once more, because this new group of fires (4+ in the last week that I know of) coincided with your "return".

Also, stop calling her a true novice who does not know what she is doing. She isn't and she does.
  • Why is it always his side and her side? Why can't we be one community or we could have a shakeup to remove this mentality. zz

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
    Demartel said:
    Has anyone mentioned anything to her? Or me? Or anyone at all? As far as I know Twytch stopped, and as a result I stopped (so suck it nay-sayers). 

Yes she was talked to. Right after she tried to set prime Serenwilde on fire, Falmiis talked to her and then Avurekhos took her candle away from her.

To be fair I fully thought it was you setting fires once more, because this new group of fires (4+ in the last week that I know of) coincided with your "return".

Also, stop calling her a true novice who does not know what she is doing. She isn't and she does.
    Let's not talk about true novices or not, and who is an alt or not.
  • edited July 2016
    Cool, talk to the people that can do something about it. Like the ones who have been very vocal about stopping the behavior (hi). It'll go something like "Hey fire  bitch." "Hey forest kindling." "Your kid is setting prime fires, Twytch stopped." "K cool, I'll talk to her." "Thanks, aeon you soon!" "Anytime, can't wait to melt your face again!"

I'm sure you did. You are not very good at paying attention. As has been made explicitly clear, I only start prime fires in retaliation to a specific person doing the exact same behavior repeatedly. Need evidence? You juuuuuust found it.

She is a true new player, and true new players often don't understand a lot of things. Like how annoying a forest fire is because they've never actually experienced it. How do you think she got a candle? I had to tell her it was a thing that existed about a week or two ago and took her to the bubble it was on. Around the same time we explained what Astral was, how we link nodes, how Ascension works, and who Kethuru is, how I rezzed her in the undervault, what Aegis is and how it works, etc etc etc. Mislabeling a person in order to villainize them is not appropriate. 
  • Actually I was referring to the ethereal fires, there was only one attempt at a prime fire and she was caught.
  • "Thanks, aeon you soon!" 
    I laughed

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne

Synkarin said:
    No raiding matters. It's all for fun because it's a game. 
    This is a nice sentiment, but after seemingly every little raid or injustice visited upon people, they run to the forums to taunt or complain or call out people (I'm totally, 100% guilty of this). Celina gets mad when people don't fight her fairly when she has a full meld and a Ninjakari (arguably the worst combination to fight against with even or lesser numbers). Lerad gets mad when a gank in the Prison results in a prime raid. People just get so frustrated over the tiniest transgressions, and to be honest it's a testament to how Lusternia pulls at our heartstrings with its compelling lore (or how annoying kick-and-runs can be, I guess).

I just plain don't give a fuck about Achaea, for example, and therefore raiding and taunting and death doesn't affect me nearly as much. All the cities and their lore are like cardboard.

I will say that it's utter bullshit to have a high horse about PK, though. Everyone plays to their advantages, everyone wants a piece of the action, and everyone wants their org to win. That does germinate flimsy excuses for raiding, because this game has so little PK, and everyone wants to improve.

I genuinely want to be able to say that everyone should raid, and expect to be raided back without being butthurt about it. But I'm honestly emotionally compromised when it comes to Hallifax...so I can't really speak for myself. I get butthurt a whole lot, especially with the nature of smob raids (wait until you have a ton of people and there are no prominent defenders/people that can raise discretionaries). It really, seriously tilts me when I see enemy terrain in a place that should be cloudy.

I don't know what else to say, except that everyone's here to have fun. Paradoxically, with it being a game of conflict, half the time you're having fun at the other person's expense. And the cruel truth is that unlike a PvP game like WoW, Overwatch, any shooter game, you are heavily inclined to take it personally.

Just try not to.

• edited July 2016
    Synkarin said:
    False - we all play a text game. The word 'cool' does not describe any of us.
    I think a game with no pictures is pretty cool. :D
    Shaddus said:
    Has anyone else noticed that all the cool people have pokemon avatars, and all the uncool people don't?

Or is being cool really about not jumping on bandwagons? :)

Before an earthly flight

Rancoura said:
    Shaddus said:
    Has anyone else noticed that all the cool people have pokemon avatars, and all the uncool people don't?

Hey, don't you play in a forest where everyone jumps on a bandwagon when someone says the forest motto? :P
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Shaddus said:
    Rancoura said:
    Shaddus said:

Hey, don't you play in a forest where everyone jumps on a bandwagon when someone says the forest motto? :P

Nope!
  • The really cool kids ride a pokemon IG. 

Synkarin said:
    False - we all play a text game. The word 'cool' does not describe any of us.
    Well, I thought you were pretty fly  =((

Before an earthly flight

• Late, but from my perspective, Issey was in Etherwilde setting fires, then she ran back to hide in Etherglom so I went in to try to go kill her. She went hiding in the her nexus world so I didn't bother sticking around. As far as I know Ciaran and Twytch(?) then flew a ship just to go kill her. Next thing I know Lerad decides to be a massive PITA by veiling himself and then running around killing our villagers. So I ask people if they want to go kill the guards that he put up.

I hate raiding. I think it is not very fun for the defenders and usually not even fun for the attackers. But no, I didn't call that raid for a fight or anything. It was 100% because Lerad decided to waste everyone's time trying to chase him.
    Silim go bhfuil tu fionnuar @Rancoura

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Synkarin said:
    Silim go bhfuil tu fionnuar @Rancoura
    Go raibh maith agat! :)