Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    And more keep retiring :( .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • one of my brothers is retiring :( I only talked to them about 3 times!
    Your numbers today are:
  • Subby   :((
  • TIL contesting has no confirmation :|
    Your numbers today are:
  • One could argue that having the gold in your hands is the confirmation step.
  • I never put my gold away >_>
    Your numbers today are:
  • So you can offer other peoples' esteem for Karma but not other peoples' kills, makes sense.
    Your numbers today are:
  • There's a trick. Kill any mob (even a rat or a lizard) and offer it with the corpses/kills you collect. You'll get credit for all of it. 
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    There's a trick. Kill any mob (even a rat or a lizard) and offer it with the corpses/kills you collect. You'll get credit for all of it. 

I'm somewhat sure that you only actually get karma for the corpses you kill in the offering. This bears researching.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    The mob offering trick does work.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Kilee said:
    So you can offer other peoples' esteem for Karma but not other peoples' kills, makes sense.
    Pretty sure you get karma for imbuing esteem too, and you can't imbue someone else's esteem.
  • edited July 2016
    Shaddus said:
    There's a trick. Kill any mob (even a rat or a lizard) and offer it with the corpses/kills you collect. You'll get credit for all of it. 

I'm somewhat sure that you only actually get karma for the corpses you kill in the offering. This bears researching.
    Nope! Been doing it for years. On occasion when I need karma, I'll just gank someone I find, kill a rat, and offer the pile.
  • so griefy 
    Your numbers today are:
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Color me surprised. Awesome.

I wonder why they aren't selling noses on the website. You know people would buy them.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • They are. Just buy 2 of the 15 goop packs and you get 30 coins for free!
  • Stumbled across the Akinator app recently, now teaching him about some new characters
  • These jars are my atium and my kryptonite all at once. Well played, @Estarra. I grant you this round.
  • Those dragon gauntlets look very tempting right now.

• Huh? Why?

It was mostly Hallifax that was up to no good. (Responding to Issey starting a fire in Ethseren)
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • Well, see.

Hallifax was responding to Issey starting a fire in Ethseren... so Glomdoring gets raided.

Hrm? Something wrong there? Let me try again.

1) Issey starts fire in Ethseren.
    2) ???
    3) Glomdoring gets raided.

... Still not making sense, right?

1) Issey starts fire in Ethseren.
    2) Lerad starts fire in Ethseren.
    3) Glomdoring gets raided.

There we go! I guess I should press the buy button now, so that I can help add a little more logic to the world! Accepting gifts of gratitude.

• edited July 2016
    Minstrels can't set fires afaik

Edit: SD accomplices, however, can.

Edit *2: I guess that would make Issey the accomplice

Edit 3: I might correct myself, glamours with fireworks might be able to set fires but last I check it didn't set the room ablaze, just did fire damage to enemies roomwide.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • I would enlighten you as to which SD set the fire (hint: the first three letters of his title is spelt "IMA" and it rhymes with "ginary").

But seriously with your detective skills, I better not buy the gauntlets. I'd be so sad, if after coughing up so much cash, in the end, an imaginary SD would take all the glory. Not worth it.

• My perspective:

Someone gives me a reason to fight, in this case Issey based on alliance calls.

We look for the fight (there were 3 people in Ethglom, including Issey)
     -- We kill one in Ethglom, the rest run back to the nexus, so we leave (Twytch starts a fire because he's not nice)

-- Issey is in Gaudi's nexus world.  We fly over and kill him.

-- Yarith is bashing guards in Southguard.. Not sure why, but I guess he can because the stack was too small.  You bring a stack of 26 to scare him off and start veil kick raiding our villages. 

--We get a group of 5? to kill the stack of 25 guards in Ix in retaliation. We kill a few, and nab you as well. You bring 48 guards, most of us die, but Shed and I get out.

-We all got to laugh when Enadonella got popped by your uberstack as she tried to come help you after the fact. (Sorry unlucky Enadonella!)

We were in high spirits even though a bunch of us died, because we finally got a little action.  I definitely had fun.

I like PvP and I seek it out.  I don't really care who's territory I'm standing it.  Twytch and I actually talked about hitting fire, but since no Pyros were around nobody would even notice.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Ciaran said:
    Huh? Why?

It was mostly Hallifax that was up to no good. (Responding to Issey starting a fire in Ethseren)

Your "logic" here actually seems to answer your why directly. If Hallifax raiding Glomdoring because Gaudiguch set fire to Serenwilde is valid, then so is Glomdoring setting fire to Ethereal Serenwilde because Hallifax raided. The latter one actually involves fewer steps / actors (three parties instead of four).
  • edited July 2016
    Averice was in the area so I assumed it was them. I've since been told that gaudis can with the candle construct up.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • edited July 2016
    Also, I don't think it's that far-fetched to attack Glomdoring. 
    The alliances haven't changed remarkably and there's little reasoning against separating the orgs within them. People always respond to 'North' and 'South' so I really don't see why it's all that illogical.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Wait wait... When Cyndarin sets Serenwilde on fire because Twytch set Glomdoring on fire nobody bats an eye (we even pointed out the same "logic" you are trying to argue now), but when Hallifax mentions wanting an artifact to set Glomdoring on fire in response to Issey setting Serenwilde on fire everybody has an opinion.

LOL.
  • Demartel said:
    Wait wait... When Cyndarin sets Serenwilde on fire because Twytch set Glomdoring on fire nobody bats an eye (we even pointed out the same "logic" you are trying to argue now), but when Hallifax mentions wanting an artifact to set Glomdoring on fire in response to Issey setting Serenwilde on fire everybody has an opinion.

LOL.
    Other way around bro.

Lerad, the Glom, wants the arti. Halli attacked Glom because a Gaudi set fire to Seren.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

This discussion has been closed.