Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• edited September 2016
    I had a bug in my parry script. Two ways to describe it.

The fun way:
    If head had 0 wounds, and at least two other bodyparts were wounded, and a bodypart that was higher on the priority list had less wounds than a bodypart that was lower on the priority list, but only if the two bodyparts were the lowest in the priority list of all bodyparts wounded. It would break the parry script, and the parry script breaking would break mm, so I wouldn't cure anything.

The boring way:
    Forgot to include a check for a null value.
  • I've found that having alternate goals is what tends to get me xp and now essence.

Like I didn't really decide to bash to demigod, @Hoaracle turned up again and so I was mostly just gathering essence/esteem for him. Now it's mostly family honour ticks when I'm able to do things. Once it stopped being about getting the levels and the like it made it a bit more bearable for me.
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    edited September 2016
    Essence offerings for Zvoltz's probably endless stockpile now and family honour ticks are the only reasons I keep bashing/influencing.
  • Falmiis said:
    Essence offerings for Zvoltz's probably endless stockpile now and family honour ticks are the only reasons I keep bashing/influencing.
    You guys have capped me out several times already. If there was an achievement, y'all would be winning.

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Yes, please don't cause another one of those gods-duplicating-and-going-mad events. :P

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    edited September 2016
    I have nothing to spend my essence on, so I am only in it for the gold/esteem. I didn't realise gods had a cap on their essence and now I'm extremely curious to know what it is.

EDIT: Because of goddamned curios I can't spell curious anymore.

• I just bash/influence to offer to Hoaracle cause I don't know what else to do to say "hey hey look at me trying here". Otherwise I would have stopped long ago, since my goal of getting rank 1 in XP was shattered by a stupid soft cap and not requiring people to have a minimum amount of time per week (like vote rank) to maintain their ranking.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    The awful grind is why I have spent the vast majority of my decade at lvls 80-82.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • edited September 2016
    Lavinya said:
    I have nothing to spend my essence on, so I am only in it for the gold/esteem. I didn't realise gods had a cap on their essence and now I'm extremely curious to know what it is.

It's 2 billion. If you think you're going to offer a ton, the player behind your god would probably grateful for a head's up prayer or message so they can offload it and don't waste your offering.

EDIT: whoops, numbers

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'm sorry, what? Two million essence?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Zvoltz said:
    Lavinya said:

It's 2 million. If you think you're going to offer a ton, the player behind your god would probably grateful for a head's up prayer or message so they can offload it and don't waste your offering.
    ...It's that little?? I hope you guys have outlets that drain quite a bit of it on a frequent basis.

(Also, what happens if essence reaches 0 for some reason?)

Before an earthly flight

• Lavinya said:
    I didn't realise gods had a cap on their essence and now I'm extremely curious to know what it is.
    I dunno if this is IRE wide or not, but they didn't used to in Aetolia. One order hit int overflow and all their shrines were deleted and essence went to negative. A new cap was created at something like 100 million or 1 billion. Unsure how much is similar between games tho.
  • Zvoltz said:
    Lavinya said:

It's 2 million. If you think you're going to offer a ton, the player behind your god would probably grateful for a head's up prayer or message so they can offload it and don't waste your offering.
    Really? That seems wrong, since I know some orders have offering tasks that far exceed that amount. 

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• 2 million or 2 billion? Cause the one makes no sense when I was offering 10 times that to Maylea an IC year, while the other sounds a lot more realistic.
    2 billion? Challenge accepted.

(Please come back, @Nocht :( )

Before an earthly flight

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Ooooooooooh. Good to know. I have a liking for giant figurine explosion offerings. Heads up @Morgfyre I have noms for you.

• Zvoltz said:
    Ashiya said:
    Grinding out levels destroys my desire to play, I've found. :(
    Grinding levels made me not want to play, as well. The thing that helped me was to find a partner or a group to do it with so there was someone to chat with. Aetherhunts became a big thing when I was around level 95, which was fun since it was basically group required and you could have fun talking on the ship channel with everyone else.
    I never seem to be around for any Aetherhunts though, but I always hear about how good they are for exp. I do have alternate goals, but many of those require me to be up there some more in levels. It may just be me being fresh off the grind that's making me all negative though.
  • I know the northern alliance is always trying to setup aetherhunts and astral bash groups on the daily, ping someone to join the Anonymous clan if not already in there to get all the notifications (assuming any of your characters are in Celest/Seren/Halli)
  • Tamashi said:
    I know the northern alliance is always trying to setup aetherhunts and astral bash groups on the daily, ping someone to join the Anonymous clan if not already in there to get all the notifications (assuming any of your characters are in Celest/Seren/Halli)
    Gaudi and Glom :(
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    edited September 2016
    Applications for citizenship can be sent to our Ambassador, Shonjir, or myself directly.

That said, astral hunting is way more exciting than aether hunting.
  • Same thing then, but the clan is Crux, and not quite daily, but pretty often lately.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • That and Talan is a safer pilot, so there's a quality thing there. I rarely see Gaudi/Glom ships implode because of a hunt except where a lag spike hits or someone disconnects.
  • Ashiya said:
    Tamashi said:
    I know the northern alliance is always trying to setup aetherhunts and astral bash groups on the daily, ping someone to join the Anonymous clan if not already in there to get all the notifications (assuming any of your characters are in Celest/Seren/Halli)
    Gaudi and Glom :(
    Beg @talan to take you on one, best pilot round. Or ask ig in glom for a few astral hunts. That'll make the grind seen easier.
  • Tamashi said:
    That and Talan is a safer pilot, so there's a quality thing there. I rarely see Gaudi/Glom ships implode because of a hunt except where a lag spike hits or someone disconnects.
    Hey now, my implosions add spice and excitement to the trip!

Also, everyone wants to learn to pilot, and it's scary and stressful when you first do it.

• I mean, I am paying attention the whole time, I'm usually holding conversations with people to make sure they are there as well. A few of my implosions are where I went the wrong direction and left the shocks, some from misfortune that we all know that can happen. I have good ones more than bad, so at least that is improving.
  • shit happens. That's why there's vitae.
    and with practice, things get better. :)
  • Is there a polite way to appeal issues? Or are decisions on them final?
    Your numbers today are:
This discussion has been closed.