Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    I hoped that sticking around on the forums would let you see how hurt I was and maybe things would change, but obviously no one cares and just wants to blame everyone else. So I'm going before I get more upset. #finknomore

• Qendyl has a mask but no gem (whereas most people who are invested enough to get a mask have gotten a gem first) so he shows up on the QW list as "Illithoid" - so m&mf (the combat system most people use) tries to spam HONOURS ILLITHOID to find out info about this new player called Illithoid - except Illithoid isn't a player, so it fails.

I'm not saying that's a good reason to jump him, but if you want to know why people are so invested in Qendyl's mask, that's the reason.
    (clan): Falmiis says, "Aramelise, verb, 1. adorn with many flowers."
  • I wasn't around for this but from seeing deatgsights when I'm logged on baelfyre kills combatants and defenders like falmis or tridemon, has he started jumping newbies like Yarith does?
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    edited December 2016
    Also why doesn't Yarith just go after Baelfyre, that seems the more logical conclusion.

This would be like us going and killing Irillia and Sylandra because Yarith is chopping elders. Where's the connection?

Edit: And before someone says I'm suggesting we go after Halli non coms, I'm not, at all. Don't be a dick.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Man I totally didn't jump anyone for the mask lmao
    Give me -some- credit.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
    Yarith said:
    Man I totally didn't jump anyone for the mask lmao
    Give me -some- credit.
    There's none to be had in killing noncoms. Anyone can do that.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Karlach said:
    Celest also raised the ship of the dead to spite Mag. It's a dick move both ways, and that was the general consensus.

Also it'd take mental gymnastics to pin the current actions of someone who isn't in the organisation (and hasn't been for years) You realise you can endorse someone at one point in time then retract that right? Oh wait of course you do, you were just being blatantly absurd, due to actually lacking a point.

You're throwing up history as if it's actally relevant and then your actual points are pretty baseless, I'd love to get inside your head and see where you get this backwards logic because you might as well be doing the wookie defence for all your irrelevant points of argument.

Do people go raiding with Baelfyre when he starts these engagements? Do they rush to the forums to defend him when you call him out on his actions?

Honestly I don't know the kid at all, and have no idea what he's up to. He also generally doesn't post here to be an antagonistic troll when he's griefing people.
    Man, you have the cognition, you're just not connecting the dots. My point is is that we don't condone Yarith's griefier activities, and you're trying to say that we do, like we raised him as a VA (oh wait that wasn't us) and he's the poster child for Hallifax PvP. OBVIOUSLY we're not sanctioning him hard enough though, right? Because you're so in the know, right? It's just...classic Karlach to make assumptions from your armchair dude.

Yes, people follow Baelfyre on occasion, actually. Sorry if that doesn't fit your narrow-minded narrative though.

No, people don't run to the forums to defend him (Baelfyre), because we don't post on the forums naming and shaming to try and get a lynch mob going (unless it's really bad) in the first place.

• edited December 2016
    Qendyl was glom for some time. I got that everytime I cw'd while he was online, so I know what you're talking about.

I'm still expressing my absolute disbelief it's worth anything more than "Oh, he has that artie." There's literally nothing to be "invest"ed about in him wearing that artie.

Hell, I'm wearing an artifact that dings anyone who farscouts me with damage and balance loss. He's wearing one that does... absolutely nothing to anyone in game. I don't understand how anyone is being even slightly annoyed at that - and people tell me I'm "soft" for complaining about tree-chopping mechanics?  I don't understand how it came to even be a part of this conversation.

Edited to add: Well, okay. At least Yarith didn't jump him for that.

• I'm just citing the reason Qendyl was targeted (not today, but a while back!). Don't look at me, my dude. Eventually someone just delivered him a cloaking gem.

• Maligorn said:
    Karlach said:
    Celest also raised the ship of the dead to spite Mag. It's a dick move both ways, and that was the general consensus.

Also it'd take mental gymnastics to pin the current actions of someone who isn't in the organisation (and hasn't been for years) You realise you can endorse someone at one point in time then retract that right? Oh wait of course you do, you were just being blatantly absurd, due to actually lacking a point.

You're throwing up history as if it's actally relevant and then your actual points are pretty baseless, I'd love to get inside your head and see where you get this backwards logic because you might as well be doing the wookie defence for all your irrelevant points of argument.

Do people go raiding with Baelfyre when he starts these engagements? Do they rush to the forums to defend him when you call him out on his actions?

Honestly I don't know the kid at all, and have no idea what he's up to. He also generally doesn't post here to be an antagonistic troll when he's griefing people.
    Man, you have the cognition, you're just not connecting the dots. My point is is that we don't condone Yarith's griefier activities, and you're trying to say that we do, like we raised him as a VA (oh wait that wasn't us) and he's the poster child for Hallifax PvP. OBVIOUSLY we're not sanctioning him hard enough though, right? Because you're so in the know, right? It's just...classic Karlach to make assumptions from your armchair dude.

Yes, people follow Baelfyre on occasion, actually. Sorry if that doesn't fit your narrow-minded narrative though.

No, people don't run to the forums to defend him (Baelfyre), because we don't post on the forums naming and shaming to try and get a lynch mob going (unless it's really bad) in the first place.
    Has baelfyre started jumping random newbies like Yarith does? Serious question if your comparing the two of them. I wasn't aware he had been doing that yet can you confirm?
  • Has he? Yes. Yes he has. He's gotten a few kills too. They've been on deathsights before he went and since he's returned. 
    You're right tho. Big bad Yarith. He's the problem.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
    Except people have been posting about Baelfyre recently, soooo...

Also lol at you calling someone for armchair assumptions, pot meet kettle. (Especially when you claim I have a "narrative" in the same post)

So go after the people that follow him into griefing when no one is around to defend, ask them why they put up with it.

Also congratulations on not VAing Yarith yet. It's almost enough to make up for raising Morbo twice.

I'm saying for people claiming you chastise Yarith, you're really bad at it because it doesn't look that way at all.

• Does Yarith jump random newbies? e.e I thought that was a thing you did in Faethorn, Veyils. I've not seen deathsights of newbies by Yarith, no.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Turns out, there's nothing short of the nuclear option of kicking someone out and freezing them out of every org that will stop someone who just wants to grief and doesn't care about anything else. Would be great if that wasn't the case.
  • Karlach said:
    Also why doesn't Yarith just go after Baelfyre, that seems the more logical conclusion.
    Let me just put on my guardstack tanking pajamas.

• I dunno why everyone is pretending to be innocent. Apart from Lerad everyone in this conversation has done it before

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Maligorn said:
    Does Yarith jump random newbies? e.e I thought that was a thing you did in Faethorn, Veyils. I've not seen deathsights of newbies by Yarith, no.
    Oh I only hit people once they've hit me first then they count as defenders and yes Yarith has been jumping random newbies from since I started playing. I'm not condeming him for doing it just trying to clarify if Baelfyre was jumping people randomly or if he was attacking defenders?
    Maligorn said:
    Karlach said:
    Let me just put on my guardstack tanking pajamas.
    So he's stuck at the nexus and can't grief anyone, which must be really boring for him.

edited December 2016
    Evidently not, we've confined griefers to the plex before and that didn't really stop them either. 

EDIT: They just wait until whoever was following them around is gone. Or hey, having to dedicate several people to following one guy around... griefs those people and often is satisfying to trolls, so uh.
  • Of all my kills, only 3 are on people who haven't been in pvp before. :?
    Maybe we have different definitions of newbies.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited December 2016
    Qistrel said:
    I hoped that sticking around on the forums would let you see how hurt I was and maybe things would change, but obviously no one cares and just wants to blame everyone else. So I'm going before I get more upset. #finknomore
    Okay. I'm about to lay down something that I hope you don't find hurtful, and hopefully by the end of the day I'm not branded as some kind of unfeeling jerk-monster-sociopath.

If you want to post about being hurt, post about being hurt. Don't try and indict other people, because you'll get pulled into more drama, more hurt (case in point, these past few posts). If you're not having a good time in Lusternia, and you weren't before, I mean...the common denominator isn't Yarith, at least. Throwing out things like "obviously no one cares" and "they just want to blame everyone else" isn't fair to -anyone-. Lusternia is the most caring and #passionate community I've ever been a part of. Try to articulate your feelings in a way that doesn't antagonize other people.

EDIT: Coming back to this, because it's bothering me. I'm sure there are people out there thinking "why didn't Maligorn say this to Saz when he called out Avurekhos when he was griefing" (or even if people aren't thinking that, I definitely am thinking that to myself). The sentiment I've expressed is still there, if not spoken! It's just common sense to me.

Also grab some friends and bash out the guard stack, might be a bit more of a challenge than fleshpots when barely anyone is around to defend them.

• edited December 2016
    I was waiting for this to come up. There were more than enough people to disrupt the bash and ruin the fun.

The ratio was more favourable for the defenders than the first time supernals died this year.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • edited December 2016
    I mean your being awfully defensive about Yarith actions Maligorn and pretty aggressive with me for trying to ask a simple question to get clarity on something even when I'm not condeming Yarith at all. I'm a bit disappointed I kind of thought you were above this petty partisanship stuff.

And no @Karlach nope confining a griefer to the Nexus isn't really enough I mean look at that Franula like Enylidia said the nuclear option is usually the only real was of an org reigning in super grief people.
    When are you supposed to attack Smobs, the only real combat target in an org? When there is an overwhelming defensive force on top of the already very powerful and difficult to kill npcs? Bashing guards is super petty, it doesn't do anything but piss people off - it costs basically nothing to stick them back up and you gain zero by bashing them out. 
  • LoL it turns out that you can collectively agree to not post about fleshpots on the forums and people will still find a way to be salty and bitter (and most of all, ignorant).

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Ganking someone mid-tattooing is the morale equivalent of stealing a cube mid-charge.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Yarith said:
    I was waiting for this to come up. There were more than enough people to disrupt the bash and ruin the fun.

The ratio was more favourable for the defenders than the first time supernals died this year.
    Fleshpots are a joke though, those and spheres fall over without much effort and barely hurt in comparison.

Still the point was you pulled a large enough group together to drop them, killing a nexus stack shouldn't be too difficult for you.

• We decided not to kill a nexus stack because that wouldn't be sporting.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
    Fleshpots didn't used to be a joke, they used to be literally unkillable :p.

IIRC the idea with fleshpots (and spheres) is that they do way less direct aoe damage but spawn lots and lots of guards during combat that ostensibly do their fighting for them. Of course, that means that they can all attack different targets and get nowhere, which kinda sucks. IMO, all of the smobs should be changed to require less brute force but more prep and tactical fighting. Fewer troops needed, but other factors to make it less of a constant threat. Aka a real mechanical raid system, why has it been so  long without making formal raid mechanics. 
This discussion has been closed.