Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• I didn't realize modern Korean was alphabetical - I always assumed that it was pictorial (because of the old hanzi/hanja/kanji spread).
    (clan): Falmiis says, "Aramelise, verb, 1. adorn with many flowers."
  • edited December 2016
    Hanja was Korea's only written language for some time, wayyy back, thankfully good old king Sejong settled for alphabetical instead of pictorial when he came up with hangul. Hanja's still hard as heck to memorize for me XD
    "May this be the first of many new experiences for you, Heart of the Crescendo," Czixi says, smile quirking. "The future is an exciting place."

https://estelss16.deviantart.com/, visit if interested.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Yeah, it finally happened. Was tattooing in the city, got jumped while all my triggers were disabled to prevent me accidentally breaking the tattoo. So now, I can't even tattoo without getting griefed now. I'm out. Bye everyone.

• Qistrel said:
    Yeah, it finally happened. Was tattooing in the city, got jumped while all my triggers were disabled to prevent me accidentally breaking the tattoo. So now, I can't even tattoo without getting griefed now. I'm out. Bye everyone.
    Just because a couple of asshats decided they wanted to ruin my doing tattoos(And yes, I believe very much they were only there because of me, as has been proven by Yarith before), doesn't mean you should leave :(

Obviously Yarith's only objective is to grief the person with one artifact because said person is using it. Unfortunate, really, that two cities will join up in that sort of shit
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    More unfortunate that Hallifax seems to be condoning all the stuff he's doing, since it is still ongoing.  "I do what I want" doesn't seem like a very Hallifaxian saying, for some reason.  Oh well.
  • It's a problem when I do it :(
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • edited December 2016
    Incidentally, for everyone whose m&mf namedb is getting borked by people with a mask but no gem, I have a hotfix:

In your Triggers folder in Mudlet, find the trigger titled "NameDB qw", and replace its code with the below. (I only added two lines, but it's easier to copy/paste the entire thing than to describe where to put the lines.) This should hopefully stop NameDB from trying to call up "Illithoid" (which doesn't exist) when doing QW.

-- ignore yourself gemmed offplane

if multimatches[1][1] == "None." or multimatches[1][1] == "You can not sense a single person" then return end

-- all data is on the previous line

local data = multimatches[1][1]

data = string.split(data, ", ")

-- fix last name that ends with a dot

data[#data] = string.sub(data[#data], 1, #data[#data] - 1)

-- fix the 'and Name' from qw2

if data[#data]:starts("and ") then

data[#data] = data[#data]:match("and (%w+)")

end

local temp_name_list = {}

for i = 1, #data do

local name = data[i]

if name == "Illithoid" then else

-- check for guides

if name:find("(", 1, true) then

local secondname

name, secondname = name:match("(%w+)%((%w+)%)")

-- guides are in the format of Name(Name), some non-guides are just (Name)

if secondname then temp_name_list[#temp_name_list + 1] = {name = secondname} end

-- handle just (Name)

if not name then name = data[i]:match("%((%w+)%)") end

end

temp_name_list[#temp_name_list + 1] = {name = name}

end

end

-- re-honors if asked for

if ndb.qwtype and ndb.qwtype == "update" then

for _, name in pairs(temp_name_list) do

name.might = -1

end

-- or organize by orgs

elseif ndb.qwtype and ndb.qwtype == "organize orgs" then

local orgs = {}

local getorg = ndb.getorg

for _, person in pairs(temp_name_list) do

local org = getorg(person.name)

org = org or "unknown"

if org == "" then org = "rogue" end

if ndb.isimmortal(person.name) then org = "Immortal" end

orgs[org] = orgs[org] or {}

orgs[org][#orgs[org]+1] = person.name

end

echo'\n\n'

mm.echof("qw, sorted by members and count:")

local sortbycount, longestorgname = {}, 0

for org, members in pairs(orgs) do

sortbycount[org] = #members

if #org > longestorgname then longestorgname = #org end

end

local sortbycount = {}; for org in pairs(orgs) do sortbycount[#sortbycount+1] = {org, #orgs[org]} end

table.sort(sortbycount, function(a, b)

return a[2] > b[2]

end)

for _, org in ipairs(sortbycount) do

local org, members = org[1], orgs[org[1]]

table.sort(members)

cecho(string.format(" <royal_blue>%-"..longestorgname.."s<a_grey> <DarkSlateGrey>(<blaze_orange>%d<DarkSlateGrey>): <a_grey>%s\n", org, #members, mm.concatand(members)))

end

-- or report to cc

elseif ndb.qwtype and ndb.qwtype:starts("report members of ") then

local wanted = ndb.qwtype:match("^report members of (%w+)"):lower()

local citizens = {}

for _, org in ipairs(ndb.valid.orgs) do

if org:lower():starts(wanted) then

wanted = org

for _, person in pairs(temp_name_list) do

local persons_org = ndb.getorg(person.name)

if persons_org == org then citizens[#citizens+1] = person.name end

end

break

end

end

if not citizens[1] then echo'\n' mm.echof("No citizens of %s seem to be on.", wanted) return end

table.sort(citizens)

mm.cc("%s %s visible: %s", #citizens, ndb.getpluralorg(wanted, #citizens), mm.concatand(citizens))

end

db:merge_unique(ndb.db.people, temp_name_list)

raiseEvent("NameDB got new data")

disableTrigger("NameDB qw")

(clan): Falmiis says, "Aramelise, verb, 1. adorn with many flowers."
    I'm not going to play if I now have to be worried that people are going to jump me inside cities for inking tattoos. I can't spend my entire gametime on high alert, and I'm not here to sit in my manse all day. As long as this sort of stuff is considered ok, this is obviously not the game for me.

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited December 2016
    Sigh. That feel when someone not only tries to shame an individual, but the entire org he's in. Just because our chastisement/discouraging of Yarith's more griefy tendencies doesn't reach it to the forums doesn't mean it doesn't happen. In the end, it's up to him whether he'll stop or not. At least as an A+ griefer he didn't get raised as a VA, coughUrazialcough

I'm not trying to shame Hallifax. I said on these very forums. that when my last fun thing is taken from me I would leave, and some people came in and killed me whilst I was tattooing knowing I had said that it was the last thing I enjoyed. When people have that kind of disregard for another person, it's time to go somewhere else.

edited December 2016
    Whoa whoa whoa. I wasn't talking to you. And, like, this is hard to put into friendly terms, but I'd seriously caution you against believing that someone came to kill you while tattooing because they know it's the only thing you enjoy in the game, and fully intended to take advantage of that. Yarith was probably primeganking the first thing he saw because Baelfyre was causing a ruckus in prime New Celest.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Qistrel said:
    I'm not trying to shame Hallifax. I said on these very forums. that when my last fun thing is taken from me I would leave, and some people came in and killed me whilst I was tattooing knowing I had said that it was the last thing I enjoyed. When people have that kind of disregard for another person, it's time to go somewhere else.
    No, that would be in reference to me asking why Hallifax puts up with this.  From my standpoint the question is still valid, though, since whatever they're doing doesn't seem to actually be putting a damper on it at all.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Yarith is pretty much Hallifax's Draylor. You say you chastise him behind closed doors but when he goes off somewhere, a few of you have no problem jumping on the bandwagon.

Between in game actions and forum s##tposting there's not really a lot of positives you can take sitting on the other side of the fence.

It's fine though, swings and roundabouts. Just hope he's there when the south gets active around Ascension and people feel like settling scores with the org that houses them.

Because the worst thing about having griefmonkeys is their tendancy to vanish when -it hits the fan.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

edited December 2016
    That's a pretty tall accusation. Comparing someone to Draylor. I think it's as bad as myself being compared to Arcanis once. It's kind of reminiscent of racist/nationalist/isolationist phenomena where you make crude assumptions about people without knowing all the facts, building a really antagonistic picture that lazy people latch onto, because screw trying to understand others right? Way too much effort!

(note the hypocrisy here with namedropping Draylor and Arcanis. It's intentional, inb4 snarky comments)

Not to mention that Glomdoring and Magnagora both look the other way/jump on the bandwagon MUCH more, historically, with problem orgmates. Are you really trying to take some kind of high road here? :/

edited December 2016
    Nope. But we also don't make posts complaining that people make the connection between our griefers and our org.

Least not last I recall, if someone feels so badly that x person is a detriment to their org, they'd try to get them removed or reduce their influence.

Also the only difference between Yarith and Draylor is Yarith hasn't sunk to the level of abusive language. Otherwise the rest is pretty much the same though.

Just hope it doesn't end the same way for Halli as it did Celest. No sarcasm, it genuinely would suck if you guys got drilled into the ground and people stopped playing when the inevitable backlash comes, seeing Halli this active has actually been a good thing.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• :( It's fine when everyone else does it

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Karlach said:
    Nope. But we also don't make posts complaining that people make the connection between our griefers and our org.

lol okay.

Yarith said:
    :( It's fine when everyone else does it
    No one else constantly dropped meteors in the city while I was the only one around. No one else killed me while I was bloody tattooing. Take some responsibility for your actions.

Yarith said:
    :( It's fine when everyone else does it
    Nah. Pretty much everyone gets chastised for it. I still get it in the neck for things that happened three years ago.

I stopped, mainly because people like the ones you play with were complaining the game wasn't fun, I mean if you want me to go back to it, we can have a fun old time of pissing off everyone else who isn't us two.

I mean, who cares about other people's fun. I can therefore I should, right?

Also griefing when no one worth their salt to stop you is around is almost effortless. Your own signature claims that you're a professional gamer right? You should be looking for a challenge, not playing on easy mode.

Maligorn said:
    Karlach said:

lol okay.
    I assume you have a post lined up showing Glomdoring to have done the same?

• For the record, I haven't dropped a single meteor.  I don't even use astrology.

Right but there's literally someone else doing the same thing I just did and it's fine. :?

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
    Who said it's fine they're doing it?

• If I did, I'd have to dig in old forums for it, back when Glomdoring had politics painted purple, or find complaints about Urazial. Hey, you know, he recently popped up in the forums around when Trump became president-elect to make a horrible comment. Would you like it if I tied the former Glomdoring VA to Glomdoring at large, and painted everyone with a Urazial-brush?

Does that sound ignorant and childish?

Or let's pick a more recent example, like Baelfyre killing all prime Celest NPCs on the regular almost every (CST) morning and hanging up stupid paintings. Hey Magnagora, why do you put up with him? It's so sad to see you condoning this.
    (which would then be followed up with some BS RP justification, like the justification we saw when Thalkros raised Marilynth to prevent a Celestian from finishing their epic since they lost the sea battle).

Who else is killing tattooists?

edited December 2016
    Karlach said:
    Who said it's fine they're doing it?
    Xenthos, Qistrel and Karlach aren't saying it is fine. They aren't saying anything at all about Baelfyre. Oh god, could you be looking the other way? Why are you allowing this to happen? Why aren't you calling out the griefer, if everyone gets flak for it?

Jeez.

Seriously, what do you want me to do about Baelfyre? I have no political power at the moment, so anything you suggest I'll do. Or would, if I hadn't become so upset I quit. I've been telling people he's a ****, just ask around if you don't believe me.

All I'm hearing is Yarith blaming other people for what he's doing.

edited December 2016
    Qistrel said:
    Who else is killing tattooists?
    Okay, so I assume you're talking about Qendyl and yourself, right?

Attacking Qendyl on prime was more about us being collectively tilted about his Marauder's mask and ndb trying to check "Illithoid" every time one would qw. Yes, it's petty and silly to try and kill the guy for that. No, it's not because he was tattooing at the time. Yes, people have made workarounds for it.

So, Baelfyre was repeatedly making a nuisance of himself in Prime New Celest while you were tattooing. He died twice in Celest, then came back a third time, and ran back to Magnagora when he was being overwhelmed. This prompted Yarith to make a prime nuisance of himself too, and, well, venturing into Magnagora at this hour and pinpointing the one citizen that's away from the guardstack on the Megalith is kind of how that played out. Baelfyre then went to Celestia, died to Taevyn, went to prime Celest (4th time now boys!) and Soulless'd me like 4 different times before it finally went through, before dipping out.

Can you get mad at Baelfyre now? Thanks.

EDIT: I'm not Yarith's lawyer. He's an adult; he can speak for himself. Just like, if you think he's being griefy, you should probably examine things like Avurekhos raiding Serenwilde and chopping elders (remember Saz's posts a while back?) nonstop, and now Baelfyre is being a dingus, so on and so forth. Is it a vicious cycle? Yes. Is it up to Yarith to take the high road? Yes. Is it really easy to get jaded about the high road when people are just going to take advantage of it? A resounding yes.

Celest also raised the ship of the dead to spite Mag. It's a dick move both ways, and that was the general consensus.

Also it'd take mental gymnastics to pin the current actions of someone who isn't in the organisation (and hasn't been for years) You realise you can endorse someone at one point in time then retract that right? Oh wait of course you do, you were just being blatantly absurd, due to actually lacking a point.

You're throwing up history as if it's actally relevant and then your actual points are pretty baseless, I'd love to get inside your head and see where you get this backwards logic because you might as well be doing the wookie defence for all your irrelevant points of argument.

Do people go raiding with Baelfyre when he starts these engagements? Do they rush to the forums to defend him when you call him out on his actions?

Honestly I don't know the kid at all, and have no idea what he's up to. He also generally doesn't post here to be an antagonistic troll when he's griefing people.

edited December 2016
    So, um, I am bloody mad at Baelfyre! Has no one been listening to me complain about people doing idoitic griefing the last few weeks? Am I just talking to myself? Did you people forget I just said that the only thing left I enjoyed in this game was tattooing, and I was close to quitting if it was ruined for me? And I was tattoing Qendyl and got killed. How does that have anything to do with his mask, please?

This discussion has been closed.