Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• I have had a few carcer related soulless kills :D May not work every time but eventually you'll get lucky.
  • Veyils said:
    My pings not good enough to cure out of aeon and counter the standard shatter plex set up with seven rubies so spamming kether is the only real counter to it. 
    1) Shield/kether/leave room when the Institute manually aeons you.
    2) If he doesn't have aeonfield up, you don't even need to kether at all, because shatter-quake is not even a remotely viable threat otherwise.

Literally none of the timequake setups are unavoidable. Amnesia route is stopped by truetime, and not letting mmf override your attempt to shield when shatterplexed. Saying "you're better of switching to your other routes" is really not helping the problem. FIXING the Institute's -actual- kill method to be viable versus anyone with half a clue, is the solution.
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460
  • edited April 2017
    Reylari said:
    Veyils said:
    My pings not good enough to cure out of aeon and counter the standard shatter plex set up with seven rubies so spamming kether is the only real counter to it. 
    1) Shield/kether/leave room when the Institute manually aeons you.

Need to kether more than just one off or else it'll interrupt my offense. Or It'd be just a case of they could counter and stop my kill set up very easily. I agree and hopefully the major changes make your classes kill set up a bit less repetitive than just spam cast rubies. 
  • Veyils said:
    Need to kether more than just one off or else it'll interrupt my offense. Or It'd be just a case of they could counter and stop my kill set up very easily. I agree and hopefully the major changes make your classes kill set up a bit less repetitive than just spam cast rubies. 
    Kether one, you waste their ability to shatterplex you on aeonfield tick. Meaning they have to wait another 10 seconds to attempt their kill. In which you simply just kether another one when they aeon you again, and continue. You don't lose anything. If you get two rubies off in that one kether, then lol. They'll have to wait two ticks to be able to try again, because of the timings between rubies/aeon.
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460
  • Reylari said:
    Veyils said:
    Kether one, you waste their ability to shatterplex you on aeonfield tick. Meaning they have to wait another 10 seconds to attempt their kill. In which you simply just kether another one when they aeon you again, and continue. You don't lose anything. If you get two rubies off in that one kether, then lol. They'll have to wait two ticks to be able to try again, because of the timings between rubies/aeon.

Well basically if I sit at 6 rubies then he just has to cast once and it means I have to go defensive and stop my attacks or risk death. So if I'm starting my kill set up then he can counter it and stop it with a single cast because them I'm at risk of getting the shatterplex off. Institute potentially has a lot of defensives as well to avoid an enemies offense so you need to clear enough to give you a long enough window to fight back factoring in a number of your attacks or afflictions failing on the institutes passive defenses. 

Pretty much kether off enough rubies so that you can complete my kill attempt without getting interrupted. Or if I don't have enough power to attempt to kill just kether off the rubies until my power regenerates. I suppose I could just run away until my power comes back if that'd be more exciting but well eh same result either way I guess. 

Its the nature of the way rubies work. I mean if it was another class and I was waiting for power to come back I'd be webbing or shielding or shieldstuning but none of these are effective at countering the ruby build up so eh 

You spam cast one ability and I spam cast one to counter it.

• Reylari said:
    Sluelugh said:
    What other aff has a power cost to remove?
    1) What other meaningful "aff" that is -required- for an insta, that doesn't already have secondary insurance (hemorrhaging, for instance) can be cured at almost double the speed it can be applied?

2) What other aff has a high chance of being cleared just from you moving. No extra input, rubies can literally explode and fade just by running. You don't even need to kether, if you don't wanna do point #1.

3) Not that this point is even really necessary, this far down the argument: what other "aff-insta" route provides zero form of hindering whatsoever.

Bonus 4) What other insta (which is already ridiculously easy to prevent anyway, given the above points) sets you back to square one when it fails, barring deathprophesy which has entirely different requirements anyway. Protip: If you wanna not die to institute, just kether/shield when they manual aeon. Done.

eta: Even Healing has increasing costs to spamming. Kether doesn't even have an increasing balance cost.

Fortunately, a change seems to be in the works albeit in the future. I do not believe we should be setting a precedent of having to use power to cure afflictions as a base-line. Instead of stacking a power cost on the cure make small changes to how the skill/kill works. Your argument lays out some changes that could be made instead of attempting to belittle me with passive-aggressive responses. Thanks, have a great day!
  • edited April 2017
    If I wanted to just kill with guardian terts I could be any other guardian. I don't play guardian to be a glorified tert.

(Also you don't even have to kether to counter institute. You just have to shield into manual aeon or shield into the shatterplex combo with truetime up. Institute isn't hindering and provided you have greentea you'll pretty much never be thrown by the only form of cc the Institute can deliver passively.)
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • edited April 2017
    Just d/c can't get back on the game. Anyone else having this problem?

EDIT: Ok got back on seems like a bunch of people d/c right in the middle of that fight/
  • RIP server
  • Yarith said:
    If I wanted to just kill with guardian terts I could be any other guardian. I don't play guardian to be a glorified tert.

(Also you don't even have to kether to counter institute. You just have to shield into manual aeon or shield into the shatterplex combo with truetime up. Institute isn't hindering and provided you have greentea you'll pretty much never be thrown by the only form of cc the Institute can deliver passively.)

Yea a lot of guardians have that issue. Don't really see any celestines or nilhists getting instant kills outside of terts.  Rubies is at least a pretty viable option compared to crucify though. But your right most guardians could do with a rework I guess.

Maybe now monks have been overhauled we could move on and overhaul guardians next?
  • Veyils said:
    Yarith said:

Yea a lot of guardians have that issue. Don't really see any celestines or nilhists getting instant kills outside of terts.  Rubies is at least a pretty viable option compared to crucify though. But your right most guardians could do with a rework I guess.

Maybe now monks have been overhauled we could move on and overhaul guardians next?

I have this problem. I love Celestine, but spamming Soulless under blackout feels bottom of the barrel and is pretty boring.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Veyils said:
    Yarith said:

Wait wha? Absolve in Celestialism has always been a thing. Am I reading this wrong? :S

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    The current opinion (so far substantiated) is that absolve is only a thing in groups, where it is dumb. 1v1, not really a thing. You're more likely to die to inqui/soulless.

The beauty of institute is the tert-independent instakill. I feel that many hallis don't appreciate how nice that really is.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited April 2017
    Celestines can pull off Absolve 1v1 via double powersink and through the use of Cosmic Quickening into Amissio, but my understanding is that it's a pretty close thing (like barely in range and only for a small window).

• edited April 2017
    Ahahaha. I remember when I said shielding while under aeon was a counter to shadowtwist and a gaggle of Halli players called me a hack because (for whatever reason) shield didn't count. 

Eventually it all comes full circle.

PS. Guardians have been glorified terts for over a decade, which really isn't that bad considering tarot is the god tert. 
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • FINALLY got the last influence in a village revolt! It took Falaeron giving me 10 jars of Lirangsha mist, but I finally did it.
  • I was under the impression that was already the case until someone told me during the revolt. It REALLY needs fixed.
  • I'm fine with making mist jars just not work in revolts.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    ....10 jars. I think it takes away from the skill of your org in claiming the village knowing this sort of arsenal exists.

stay tuned 
  • I hate you Highwater quest. Just feed the stupid orphan the stupid bowl of porridge already and let's move on with our lives. *grumble*
    Shuyin said:
    stay tuned 
    SHUSTRADAMUS
  • Phoebus said:
    Woo! It's funny, I've submitted it as an idea before, and griped about it to whoever will listen, but it just goes to show that the true path to getting things done...is to complain about things on the forums.  :D
    I mean, I also IDEA'd it.
This discussion has been closed.