Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• Maligorn said:
    Veyils said:
    Yarith said:
    If I wanted to just kill with guardian terts I could be any other guardian. I don't play guardian to be a glorified tert.

(Also you don't even have to kether to counter institute. You just have to shield into manual aeon or shield into the shatterplex combo with truetime up. Institute isn't hindering and provided you have greentea you'll pretty much never be thrown by the only form of cc the Institute can deliver passively.)

Yea a lot of guardians have that issue. Don't really see any celestines or nilhists getting instant kills outside of terts.  Rubies is at least a pretty viable option compared to crucify though. But your right most guardians could do with a rework I guess.

Maybe now monks have been overhauled we could move on and overhaul guardians next?
    Wait wha? Absolve in Celestialism has always been a thing. Am I reading this wrong? :S

What shu said basically. A single Celestine or a single nilhists going full blast with azure box up won't actually beat a max mana targets mana healing. Nils and celestines don't really have viable solo kills outside of healing, soulless or meteor one on one.

Institute and Illumanati are the only guardians that have viable solo instant kills that actually work pretty well.
  • Time to buff celestines!
    (Ahahahahaha)
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Ciaran said:
    Time to buff celestines!
    (Ahahahahaha)
    #TooSoon

• edited April 2017
    I think that's not really fair to say, Celestine and Nihilist are far more enjoyable to play in groups particularly.

EDIT: Which is the point. I think every class should be fun.

Also, while Celestine/Nihilists may rely on their terts to get kills 1v1, most of the time that's equally true for Institute.
    There's a reason you never, or should never see shatterquake or timequake in proper combat too-- It's insular, has 0 attrition for failure, takes a long buildup even with multiple people, and still has a window of execution where it can be faulted.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • I think it was a joke yar :p

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I had a sensible chuckle.
  • I'm pretty excited for the Institute special report. When I went Institute I often joked about how I was an astro main because that's all I would use. In fact, I never used any of the Harmonics skills in actual fights. It's just an unwieldy skillset that isn't very interesting for me. That said, I think it speaks volumes to how strong guardians are in general when I picked what was arguably my weakest tert and never used my primary and still felt pretty powerful.
  • I just hope we get to keep the passive resist and regen crystals, since something I really like about harmonics is how useful it is for regular bashing in that way.
  • Tirah said:
    I just hope we get to keep the passive resist and regen crystals, since something I really like about harmonics is how useful it is for regular bashing in that way.
    Also want shielding back pretty please, so I can hunt again!

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • Orventa said:
    Tirah said:
    I just hope we get to keep the passive resist and regen crystals, since something I really like about harmonics is how useful it is for regular bashing in that way.
    Maybe make it so that it only works when you have masochism, so it is a great hunting skill but can't be abused for pvp?
  • Tirah said:
    Orventa said:
    Tirah said:
    Maybe make it so that it only works when you have masochism, so it is a great hunting skill but can't be abused for pvp?
    Not so sure about that :/ It was fine as it was before, really. 

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    It really wasn't.

The only other passive shield effect is also pretty disgustingly strong, but at least it requires that the user(s) make themselves vulnerable by not keeping up deafness, has an opportunity cost of a stanza, and requires wyrd terrain. Just passive shielding yourself all the time was really badnews, especially for a guild with healing, all the passive effects, and relatively linear (if borky as mentioned) "wait to kill" kill methods. 
  • Ok, then it wasn't, but as a nomcom it was annoying to find out about these changes coming back, especially when there was no documentation about it being changed anywhere. I thought it was a bug. Also, not everyone pvps. We can't keep changing things assuming everybody does, and forget it would have effects on people who don't choose to participate that way.

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Orventa said:
     Also, not everyone pvps. We can't keep changing things assuming everybody does, and forget it would have effects on people who don't choose to participate that way.
    Sorry, no. Skills are balanced with pvp in mind, and this is absolutely the way things should be. 
  • Actually that is exactly why skills get changed, cause like it or not they affect PVP and if they do in a way that imbalances things they get changed.
  • edited April 2017
    Fine, though I'd prefer a solution to get pvp and pve players both satisfied somehow. Idealist, I know. Edit: I'm glad that envoy reports are transparent now to everyone at least. Rather than, Ninja Thing Changes. 'Why did this happen?' 'You don't PVP it doesn't concern you' ...  'Yes, yes it did.'

And what is going on with the forums still, I can't edit a post and it spam blocks me from posting? I thought maybe the forums server was having some April tomfoolery with us, but it's April 2nd now. :(

• Orventa said:
    And what is going on with the forums still, I can't edit a post and it spam blocks me from posting? I thought maybe the forums server was having some April tomfoolery with us, but it's April 2nd now. :(
    It wasn't April Fool's. It's a long-standing problem. IRE as a whole is looking at solutions at this time.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I liked the old forums >.>
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • novices with stupid names and not an admin or Fate Guide in sight
  • Bug #17698   Status: Submitted
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -------[Taer on 4/3/2017 @ 03:10 bugs]------
    gmcp.IRE.Target.Info.hpperc does not seem to be updating when it should. I am
    required to send the GMCP packet to set the target each time I wish for it to be
    updated. This is awkward. Could it be possible for gmcp.IRE.Target.Info to be
    sent alongside Char.Vitals when support for IRE.Target is sent? Thanks.

Has anybody played around with this yet? It's the first time I've bothered looking into it.
    email: martin@pharanyx.net
    Discord: Pharanyx#4357
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited April 2017
    Nothing here
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited April 2017
    Finally replaced my laptop and recovered all the important things but I found myself dreaming of Lusternia last night. I had a dream that lusternia branched into arcade games and there was a game where you had to go to various planes and claim them. But I only remember doing the Nil raid in my dream and I decided to recreate (what I think) was the level music. 

I'm not sure why I associated this sound to raiding nil

The deep, rumbling voice of Weiwae says from within your heart, "I am so happy to hear of your progress, and I thank you for bringing my influence over more shards of My Brother Tae."
  • Reylari said:people who have the "If I don't lose, that's a win" mentality. Generally.
    DOR EVOKE KETHER SEVER ME RUBY is a super exciting defensive maneuver. 
    DOR???

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    It's a command used in M&M/MMF that pretty much does the required command repeatedly every time you gain equilibrium or balance until turned off.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Just a friendly reminder, as I had forgotten about this myself until yesterday...

... do NOT use a kirigami/wetfold origami, and then use the one you didn't use before (kirigami->wetfold or wetfold->kirigami) before the blessing from the first is up. Ow.
  • This thread is now about your cheesiest kill ever.
    email: martin@pharanyx.net
    Discord: Pharanyx#4357
This discussion has been closed.