Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• Wow!

Well found, Ianir.
    email: martin@pharanyx.net
    Discord: Pharanyx#4357
  • *********************[ THE FREE COLLECTIVE OF SERENWILDE ]*********************
    Commune Member          Rank                     Position                    CT
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Evi                     Ward                                                 On
    *******************************************************************************
    Currently, there is 1 Commune Member on this Plane and 12 on other Planes.

Can we please fix channels? I asked where everyone was and got absolutely no reply and I refuse to believe that 12 people were afk but rather I am shut out of interaction because I am not pouring $ (as a day 3) into learning planar to speak to everyone across all the planes.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight

Evi said:
    *********************[ THE FREE COLLECTIVE OF SERENWILDE ]*********************

Can we please fix channels? I asked where everyone was and got absolutely no reply and I refuse to believe that 12 people were afk but rather I am shut out of interaction because I am not pouring $ (as a day 3) into learning planar to speak to everyone across all the planes.
    We were defending our Ethereal territories. When there's actual combat (player vs player) happening, it's unlikely that you'll get an immediate response,sadly.  There's just too much spam. But when it dies down we usually read back on ctells, and catch up to what we missed.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Evi said:
    *********************[ THE FREE COLLECTIVE OF SERENWILDE ]*********************

If this was within the last hour or two, most of those 12 people were on Ethereal fighting. If you're talking on aethers, it gets lost in the spam of both clan talk (targets, strategies, group ups, what someone is doing etc) and combat spam, so I apologise if no one replied!
  • Why is there an expectation for players to be constantly on prime? we have five freaking planes. Plus aetherways, and bubbles, then the crazies like Muud and whatnot. We are playing a game with dimensions where communication isn't viable. If you want a chat room Lusternia isn't it. If you want a game where adventurers adventure. Lusternia might be that...Ionno.
  • Why is there an expectation for players to be constantly on prime? we have five freaking planes. Plus aetherways, and bubbles, then the crazies like Muud and whatnot. We are playing a game with dimensions where communication isn't viable. If you want a chat room Lusternia isn't it. If you want a game where adventurers adventure. Lusternia might be that...Ionno.
    It is that kind of mindset that alienates fresh newcomers as opposed to those that are just creating alts and already know what to expect.  If anything, I think that CGT and GNT should be able to be heard on all planes, unless voluntarily turned off (if it is not already able to be heard), plus should by default be made a colour that stands out from the rest of the grey/white text.
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited April 2017
    Sakaki said:
    Why is there an expectation for players to be constantly on prime? we have five freaking planes. Plus aetherways, and bubbles, then the crazies like Muud and whatnot. We are playing a game with dimensions where communication isn't viable. If you want a chat room Lusternia isn't it. If you want a game where adventurers adventure. Lusternia might be that...Ionno.
    I think that CGT and GNT should be able to be heard on all planes, unless voluntarily turned off (if it is not already able to be heard), plus should by default be made a colour that stands out from the rest of the grey/white text.
    They already are. 

This new person was asking for help in the middle of their commune being raided. It happens.

Also, Sakaki said:
    It is that kind of mindset that alienates fresh newcomers as opposed to those that are just creating alts and already know what to expect. 
    And it's the reverse mindset that turns off old players and burns them out, where people think they have to constantly be on call in case someone new shows up. 

It's a game about adventuring across the planes. There's some realistic distance there, @Evi. I'm sorry that nobody helped you at first. I'm also sad that you don't feel it prudent to put enough lessons into Planar to talk to your commune. Now, granted, Ethereal is just a single plane away, so they can hear you just fine and were just busy trying to keep from being turned into toads/driven insane/blown up/poisoned to death/having their heads blown up, so it wouldn't take many lessons for them to have heard you. Rest assured that when someone can devote time to helping you in person, they will. Until then, NEWBIE is your friend.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited April 2017
    There are various ways to communicate with people in this game. Tells of any variety are just the easiest form. I think also you guys are missing the point of incentive. If you want awesome planar you are going to have to work for it (or buy it whatever) like everyone else. 

Also I never said anything about noobs. Sure, make Newbie and cgt/gnt available on all planes. I am saying stop expecting everyone to be on prime 24/7. Players gonna play. 

Edit : To clarify, this wasn't about communication. This was about the expectation that players should be on prime. I might be able to simplify it a little more for you all but this is as good as it's getting right now. :)
  • edited April 2017
    Shaddus said:
    snip
    This is indeed true.  By the time you have spent enough lessons to survive on astral, you also have the ability farwave, which lets you hear communications from 3 or less planes away, which is sufficient to hear everything except Astral from prime (and Astrowave is Master +50%)

That being said, if you have questions that are not something specific to the commune, you can always resort to the NEWBIE channel, which can be heard from anywhere in-game and will typically be answered by SOMEONE, even a godmin if it is especially quiet.
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • Why is there an expectation for players to be constantly on prime? we have five freaking planes.
    Way to completely not read the post in question. Evi didn't comment about people always being on Prime / visible. They commented about not being able to talk to people on your org channels, unless you have x amount of lessons learned in Planar.
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460
  • Notice I didn't quote, thus it wasn't directly in response. But rather something I have been thinking for a while in regards to these 'types' of posts. Ya'll really missing the point of my post and reading far too much into it. 
  • At least it's not like Aetolia? I don't have background on it, but I was poking on other IRE forums out of boredom once and noticed that they had implemented a new thing where one could forcibly yank another person's consciousnesses from their haven or some such to make them interact with you? Never played for long there beyond intro years ago, but that sounds like all kinds of wrong on any level.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • edited April 2017
    Orventa said:
    At least it's not like Aetolia? I don't have background on it, but I was poking on other IRE forums out of boredom once and noticed that they had implemented a new thing where one could forcibly yank another person's consciousnesses from their haven or some such to make them interact with you? Never played for long there beyond intro years ago, but that sounds like all kinds of wrong on any level.
    You can also kill them for doing it. It's classed as a hostile action, which was included in the news post when they made the change.
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460
  • You can kill people for less in Aetolia - they don't have an Avenger system. 

Either way, I think it's a digression from the current topic. Being unable to communicate with your commune/city mates is definitely a problem we want to solve for newbies - but that's already done. CGT and GNT (I think) both ignore plane restrictions. There is no mechanical problem with newbie communication across planes.

In this particular instance, there simply wasn't anyone with the mental bandwidth to react or respond to the newbie. Unfortunate, but hardly a 24/7 occurrence. We all wish there was so much activity that there's not enough time for newbies - but as the case may be, that's not really the case with our population levels now, is it? As unfortunate timings go, this is as unfortunate as we can get. Clear it up for the newbie, reach out and try to make amends, and to turn that negative experience into something positive for him.

And move on.

• People who talk shit about you to other people but never say a word to you directly make me laugh.
    email: martin@pharanyx.net
    Discord: Pharanyx#4357
  • edited April 2017
    I am so bad at interacting with the Divine at times. Sorry for being awkward, @Czixi
  • @Czixi - Thanks for navigating the labyrinthine corridors of my caffeine-starved communications <3
  • I heard Lucidian is getting nerfed. Any truth to that?
  • @Versalean report 1608
     "Oh the year was 453CE, how I wish I was in Serenwilde now... aletter of marque come from the regent to the scummiest aethership I ever seen, gods damn them all...I was told we'd cruise the void for auronidion and dust, we'd fire no turrets, shed no tears.. now I'm a broken man on a Hallifax tier, the last of Saz's privateers."

-Kilian
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I can't wait to design my first cider.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Shaddus said:
    I can't wait to design my first cider.
    I already designed a mead. Waiting for the inevitable: Charites wondering where I learned to write and shaking their head at my failed attempt of a design in my native language.
  • Breandryn said:
    It took me until, like, just now to realize Rickman is @Shaddus' signature. I thought he was just posting it as a reaction gif in every thread and, to be honest, it nearly always worked.
    I thought the same!!  I only realised a day or two ago!
  • I wonder if my wine that is a cider will get moved to brews

• Arix said:
    I wonder if my wine that is a cider will get moved to brews

You likely need to message the Charites about it.
  • I did, this was way before everything in wines had t o say wine, so It'll either get moved or renamed probably
This discussion has been closed.