Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• I hit on Ixion, does that count?
  • Ixion chased me for a bit I think. I was scared. Very, very scared.
  • Chirbo said:
    We really like being RP police.

I feel if it was a problem that admin would have stepped in and said "No that's not okay, please change your honours text."

I think it's because it can break immersion for some people. Inb4 "muh immershunz".

To other people: I'm fine if you perceive them as illusory, but they should probably suggest as much in the honours itself. If I was a gambling person, I'd be willing to wage that most of those were made without them being illusory in mind.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    (@Vladimere chasming you) Lothringen begins to bear down on you, whirling a polished copper katana.
    (@Lothringen decap you) elrxdb<>-

soo much things happening at once. So lost.

But nice creative fighting and all. Was a great show :)
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • edited January 2016

Aeldra said:
    (@Vladimere chasming you) Lothringen begins to bear down on you, whirling a polished copper katana.
    (@Lothringen decap you) elrxdb<>-

soo much things happening at once. So lost.

But nice creative fighting and all. Was a great show :)

It gets easier. As you participate more in PvP, your eyes will start noticing the important blurbs a lot quicker and filter out the rest. M&M is handy in that it adds a prefix for when instas are happening to you such as that case with Vladimere trying to Chasm you and Loth trying to Behead you. As a Moondancer, you'll want to try to Nature Vines them if you see that in order to stop it. You can also use pooka to order them to stop or, if you're a Hexen: sleep and paralyze work wonders. I'd suggest investing in a web enchantment if you're not a Hexen for those situations where you're not fighting in nature terrain (or a room where there's no dryad, which is common as they got chopped down quickly).

Other than that, you'll really get used to it. Just practice.

Edit: The PK jitters will start going away too. Though, some people still get them and don't mind them.
  • Springtrap into death squad is especially disorienting!
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    So how is a non-dreamweaver supposed to work at the Nirvana quest when you get booted out every three minutes or so, and you're constantly sprawled for no reason? So irritating.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Is Nirvana doable now for dreamweavers? I thought it was supposed to be more or less inaccessable for a while right now but would become available later?
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited January 2016
    Portius said:
    Is Nirvana doable now for dreamweavers? I thought it was supposed to be more or less inaccessable for a while right now but would become available later?
    The quest is written into the system, but it's either severely buggy or we're just in a state of limbo. OR it's just supposed to be Very Hard, I haven't really received a response pointing to either option. In short, I know nothing.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • It looks like we are having some odd bugs with mobs not interacting properly with people on the dream plane (Nirvana) which we are trying to get resolved. We're sorry for the troubles it has caused and the delays in players getting the Nirvana quest completed but we're working on it! (Also, in my opinion, the Nirvana quest is pretty easy.)

• Thanks for the update. You rock @Zvoltz
  • Will there be a way for non-dreamweavers to get into Nirvana without having to hog a dreamweaver's time?
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

• Kiradawea said:
    Will there be a way for non-dreamweavers to get into Nirvana without having to hog a dreamweaver's time?
    We've tossed around some ideas about that but nothing definite, yet. I think we want to get the bugs with the dream plane worked out first.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    That awkward moment when you intentionally try not to write a snarky post, and it comes out snarky anyway. Meh.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Props to @Shaddus for the hilarious beat down post.
  • Glomdoring is so awesome, I've literally left the commune like two times and I'm almost level 75! There is soooo muuuch tooo inflluuuuueeeence! And the slimes are such good money, along with begging daughters (that got me so much goooold).
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    If you can handle it, the ones up on the Night bubble (teleport night) tend to have large chunks of gold as well.
  • Ssaliss said:

Arcanis said:
    Sigh, OOC hatreds and venues against orgs is one thing, and frankly I can accept it, but going after novices and newcommers, trying to make them quit, yeah...new low.
    Fun fact: I have 20 deaths right now. 18 are from Magnagorans, 2 are from Tedd.
    Pfft, I have like 100+ about half of them are avurekhos. everyone else only has 1-3.
    He should just marry me already...
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Geez, people need to relax and not jump to conclusions.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I saw what you did, @Mysrai. #nocontext #itsonlikedracnarikong
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Qistrel said:
    Geez, people need to relax and not jump to conclusions.
    CONTEXT OR I AM JUMPING TO CONCLUSIONS
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    OMG I'm even talking on CT what is going on? Is this a multi-player game? Help, how did I get out of my manse?

• Lavinya said:
    OMG I'm even talking on CT what is going on? Is this a multi-player game? Help, how did I get out of my manse?

Next you'll be showing up for revolts and domoths, horrific.
  • Lavinya said:
    Some day I'm going to get out of my manse and join the world at large. I'm glad someone else is, at least.

• edited January 2016
    So, I JUST realized (Thanks to @Daraius 's essence counter script THANKS) that the strength of your hit gives you moar essence.  I always thought it was just how big the enemy was, and that the harder the hit, the faster the enemy dropped.  But no, it's the dropping thing, AND it gives the higher output.  I feel both like an idiot and ecstatic that I made the connection.

EDIT: Please correct me if I'm wrong here!
    --------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
  • Was reading the descriptions for some of the candy hearts and came across this one...

"Small enough that it would fit atop the tip of the average human's finger, this candy heart is neon 
    yellow in colour and composed entirely of rock candy, cooked and shaped into the confection you see 
    before you now. Written in bright pink dye, the words 'Eat Me, Fatty' have been written out across 
    its face."

Envisioned @Morgfyre eating one and spontaneously yelling "Eat me, Fatty!"

Almost sprayed a mouthful of drink over my keyboard laughing at the thought.  Close call. >_>
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
This discussion has been closed.