Chimaera Mafia (game thread)

Comments

• And once again in bold.

Vote: Synkarin
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Well, I'm pretty innocent and can prove it if needed, but I'd prefer to wait until it's actually useful. Apparently trying to keep things moving and getting information is grounds for lynching?

If Azureus and Siam are out, that leaves 4 people, Tarkenton, Sylandra, Enyalida, and myself

Enyalida still struck me wrongly, even if she did remove her vote for Celina with further discussion.

Vote: Enyalida

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    I'm fine with that, too.

unvote
    vote: Enyalida
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    (I've already said I took no action last night btw.)

I guess I'll keep the train chugging.

Vote enyalida
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Thing is, I'm very uncertain about voting for Enyalida. She had every opportunity to lynch Celina during day two (she specifically withheld her vote until things had been discussed further), so if we accept that Celina is down, then odds are Enyalida is as well. Could it be a ploy? Perhaps, but it seems unlikely to me. Could Celina be scum? Perhaps, although frankly odds are she might've voted Celina off anyway just to cover her keister. So yeah, not really feeling the Enyalida lynch.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Looks like the S-train has veered off course towards Enyalida.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I'd really rather not make a trip to the gallows this early on myself.  I mean, that goes without saying for everybody, but it would be disadvantageous to have to do so.  I have to agree with Synkarin on Enyalida, behavior just seems off.

Vote Enyalida
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    The day doesn't end unless we lynch someone or choose to lynch no one! I'm trying to end the day!

So yeah, choo choo. #TrainLife
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    This day has had a sort of eternal feel to it.

Vote: Enyalida
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    We should just start our own S-themed S-named S-org.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Siam said:
    Are you saying that you're an anti blocker person?
    I'm not 100% certain on what you have in mind by anti blocker person. I have a limited ability that can help, but it doesn't produce much information for me.

I'm willing to vote: Enyalida over the suspicions that fell on her earlier. Yes she unvoted Celina when called out on it, but that sort of acquiescence just feels like an easy way to defuse tension.
    Haezon said:
     Think of Hallifax as less communism and more DMV city.
    One more and it's a done deal

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Sigh.

UNVOTE, VOTE: Enyalida.

My vote is back on Ssaliss when the night is over.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Suddenly a wild lynchtrain appeared.

Celina: Saran (1)
    Shaddus: Celina (1)
    Synkarin: Ayisdra, Ssaliss (2)
    Siam: Tremula (1)
    Enyalida: Synkarin, Siam, Sylandra, Tarkenton, Luce, Azureus, Shaddus (7)

That's a lynch!

After "dinner" conversation had immediately moved on to touch upon the matter of affairs, especially with how it seems that Ermine's agents have yet to move against them in any meaningful way. Discussions soon turn into accusations, and several chimaerae come under close scrutiny and the risk of being stuffed into their containment units. Yet each time they manage to present an argument as to why they're still useful. And this usefulness eventually leads to aspersions and suspicions being cast upon Enyalida, and before she even gets a chance to defend herself it has been decided that she has to go. They pick a pair of the strongest chimaerae and have them forcibly throw her into a cell where she'll remain locked up. Synkarin meanwhile manages to snatch her ID card, planning to use it to access Enyalida's files.

However, as soon as the group begins to open the files, virus warnings pop up on the screen. A specially targetted attack from one of the twelve remaining in the group that sees all data on Enyalida erased from the system. As is, it will be impossible to confirm if Enyalida was working with Ermine or not.

###

To make the situation even more frustrating, the group finds a note written by Allyrianne where she explains that the stress and paranoia of the situation is getting to her. She apologises, but she simply cannot handle the stress, and so she has voluntarily chosen to leave herself locked up along with full permissions and passwords for her files, consequences be damned. Accessing her files, you learn the following.

---

You're Daniel, a chimaera labs certified professor in basic training. Which is a lot less glamorous than it sounds, since your job is essentially that of a glorified babysitter that ensures the newly made chimaeras survive their first month. The job involves long nights of staring at computer screens for problems with their vitals, and far more coffee than is healthy. Though right now, it's useful.

Your power is Energy. You're so hoped up on coffee that the first time someone tries to poison you, you'll just shrug it off. Alternatively, you can expend your hyped up energy to knock someone out. You can do this during night or day phase. Your power, no matter how it's used, is only good for one shot. If you use your knock out during the day, write the command “Cofferush (name)” in bold

You win when all members of the mafia are eliminated.

---

Exhaustion and tiredness is starting to become a problem by now, so the group decides to split up and see if they can't find somewhere comfortable to sleep for the night.

It is now Hour 3 (Nightphase)

You all have about 48 hours to send in all your night-actions.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • What is supposed to be a restful night of sleep is interrupted by a loud growl of pain and the sound of fighting. Everyone rushes to the scene of the fight, but when they arrive they don't find... anything. Sure, there were signs of a struggle and all, but there's no body.

And no one seems to be missing either, when the group once more congregates. A headcount shows that everyone is still present. Ermine's pets have been beaten back once more. The labs have been lucky thus far...

but what really happened while everyone was sleeping?

And what will happen now?

It is now Hour 4 (Dayphase)

With 12 around, it's 7 to lynch.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    VOTE:SSALISS
  • Man, this is ripe for speculation, wild or otherwise.
    Haezon said:
     Think of Hallifax as less communism and more DMV city.
    Lets hear from our known peeps who can act - then we can wildly speculate.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Shaddus said:
    VOTE:SSALISS
    Okay, could you elaborate?
  • Also, thoughts on Enyalida:

First, I'm not sure she was scum. She was definitely not town, but I'm leaning more towards third party, since I'd expect us to get a role if she was scum. That's just my speculation though.

Second, my main reason for not thinking she was scum is that she didn't off Celina when she had the chance. HOWEVER, this would also mean that if Enyalida really was scum, then Celina is definitely suspicious as well. There'd be absolutely nothing to gain by them not killing her, unless she was scum. Of course, if Enyalida was third party, then that might also hold true, since odds are she wouldn't care if she killed a town or a scum, but who knows how their victory conditions might look...
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Oh hi. 

I tracked Shaddus. If his sibling thing is true, I know who that is. However, they do meet at night, which is inherently scummy. I know for a fact Shaddus met with person who I won't name at this time last night, but I do not know anything more than that. 

I did not get a vision last night.

I was, however, visited by a bedazzled mongoose. No idea what its purpose or meaning was, it just ran off. So there's that. 

Shaddus' brother is Ayisdra - this is known, so if you didn't see Ayisdra, there is something fishier going on.

The bedazzled mongoose is interesting, Luce mentioned it earlier and now you have

Also Ssaliss - when did Enyalida have the chance to off Celina? She tried to lynch her, but backed off when it didn't really catch on. Unless you're saying that she could have offed Celina during the night, which can end up being a variety of reasons as to why that didn't happen.

Ssaliss - did you jail yourself again?

And what did Saran see?

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Well, we already know who his sibling is... or at least the one we all know about (and the one who thinks Shaddus is the only sibling remaining). I'm assuming you saw someone other than Ayisdra then?
  • Or perhaps I should say "the only sibling with them down there that she knows of". Somehow I got the impression that the other sibling had been down there, but I can't really vouch for that.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Oh, didn't know that was revealed already. Sorry, didn't see that post. He did meet with Ayisdra. 
  • Either way, though, I definitely think they're hiding something. When I asked specifically whether or not they could speak at night, they kept quiet about it. They also kept quiet about whether or not eachothers alignment was explicitly confirmed, or if it was just "you're both brothers".
    To be fair, I literally just asked you two questions and you're ignoring those, so by the same logic, you're hiding something!

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Oh! Sorry, you made that post as I made mine, and I missed going back to look at it...

Kiradawea said:
    Votecount

None: 1 (Enyalida)
    Saran: 1 (Luce)
    Synkarin: 1 (Saran)
    Celina: 6 (Ssaliss, Tarkenton, Synkarin, Celina, Riluna, Tremula)

With 15 alive, it's 8 to lynch.

And while it wasn't part of the original rules, that's because I thought it went without saying. You can make your arguments against someone without the use of personal insults and attacks. This ends now, or I'll be forced to eliminate your character from the game.

Shaddus said:
    Sigh. vote:Celina If she ends up being townie, who are we eyeballing tomorrow?

Kiradawea said:
    Just so we're all on the same page, Celina is one vote away from lynch.

Enyalida said:
    I'll switch my vote to end the day once we've figured out what we want - some of the people voting for Celina might want to swap their vote to none to prevent someone prematurely moving on, I guess.

And yes, I did jail myself tonight as well.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Ssaliss said:
    Either way, though, I definitely think they're hiding something. When I asked specifically whether or not they could speak at night, they kept quiet about it. They also kept quiet about whether or not eachothers alignment was explicitly confirmed, or if it was just "you're both brothers".
    @Ayisdra explicitly said that he knew @Shaddus was town when he revealed they were siblings.

Shaddus also gave his reasons for staying on your case yesterday, vis-a-vis being on his.

• Luce said:
    Ssaliss said:
    Either way, though, I definitely think they're hiding something. When I asked specifically whether or not they could speak at night, they kept quiet about it. They also kept quiet about whether or not eachothers alignment was explicitly confirmed, or if it was just "you're both brothers".
    @Ayisdra explicitly said that he knew @Shaddus was town when he revealed they were siblings.

Shaddus also gave his reasons for staying on your case yesterday, vis-a-vis being on his.
    What Ayisdra said was "I know this because he's my brother", which could also be interpreted as "he's my brother, and I'm town, so obviously he's town too". That's why I asked for clarification, which never came.