Mafia Signup Thread!

Comments

• I have kind of a rough idea for a Homestuck one that I've been thinking about during my ride to/from work. I remember we used to have a bunch of fans of that running around this forum. HONK honk

I'd wanna play through a few more games before taking a shot at even designing that though. That said I recall it mentioned somewhere that somebody had a like, balancing mafia guide around. I'd be interested in looking at that if possible. <o<
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Pinging @Kiradawea for a future mafia balancing formula plz.

This is one I've looked at a few times myself, but I have never completely 100% relied on it. It's designed with EpicMafia in mind which is a faster pace in real time. It's useful though for considering ratios and how powerful certain roles are versus others.

Generally I talk to people and ask them to look over set-ups for me. People as in plural. That way I can guarantee the game isn't too frustrating for any one side. (I have a habit of designing games from the mafia standpoint first, and then having to consider the town, so it's good to ask people to look after me. Usually the feedback is "You should include X role for the town to combat Y role the mafia has," haha. :D)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • The theme is fully decided, I have ideas on how to pull off the days and some of the roles, just need to write up flavour and assign powers. 

Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask theme, thinking of calling it the Festival of Masks. :)

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Also, if Lehki plays I fully expect this:
    timeloop

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I've got the powers set for my Lusternia themed one. I have some write ups. I'm not nearly the writer most you guys are so I'm hoping the gameplay makes up for what I lack in flavour producing.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Oooh @Dylara, Majora's Mask is the BEST. <3 You've got me pretty excited!

And @Synkarin I'm sure yours will be awesome and great. It's also got the added benefit of everyone actually being famliar with the theme. :D
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Synkarin said:
    I've got the powers set for my Lusternia themed one. I have some write ups. I'm not nearly the writer most you guys are so I'm hoping the gameplay makes up for what I lack in flavour producing.

If you're worried about flavor, you can probably look through the list of people who aren't taking part in it and ask for writing support from one of them.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Dylara said:
    Also, if Lehki plays I fully expect this:

I can only hope to be able to pull off that level of nonsense a second time.
  • Lehki said:
    Dylara said:
    Also, if Lehki plays I fully expect this:

I can only hope to be able to pull off that level of nonsense a second time.
    I will have a giggle if you manage it.

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I don't think we've had so many new games prepped before in ages, ha
    *pinging mafia enthusiasts*

Who's hosting the game after the PokeMafia? I know @Kiradawea has one ready, but a lot of people have talked here so wanted to see if we had a proper list/order going!
    Daraius said:
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I can finish up my Lusty one, it'll be big, but hopefully not as crazy as Pokemon

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    In retrospect, none of my future games will be nearly so crazy, especially not if it's big. Big and crazy are independently good, but I've learned together they're a no-no.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    Oh and just to add in, I'm pretty much up to go whenever hahaha. (I do have a deep and abiding love of my Escape Room mafia tho so that's looking like my next!)
    Daraius said:
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I don't think I'll have time to manage a game anytime soon, but I'd love to play in a Sylandra/Kira game. And besides... we're always in need of chances for people to get revenge on me and get a chance to kill me on day 1 or whatever. After this current game, the line for that privilege might be getting rather substantial.
  • I've been pretty distracted and haven't worked on mine at all, with Kira having put a guide up I'll be able to soon once I've sorted out my new schedule. Probably wont even have the time to play in the new game, whoever is running it.

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Add me way to the back of the list. I've a half-written RWBY game that I made during Night phases while waiting for actions. I don't want to go again unless I come around naturally or we don't have anyone prepared, though, the Expedition was killer. :dizzy:

* * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Not to worry. There's a game prepared. Maybe multiple... but I've got one (read: two) prepared
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    edited September 2016
    Might be interesting to see a role-reversed game. Like, as an example, a MLP game where the majority of the players are antagonists, and have to stop the mane6 from Harmonising everyone, or a Doctor Who game where the mafia is the Doctor, River, and Jack Harkness, and the 'town' are Sontarans, Dalek, Angels, Cybermen, Sentient Snowmen, Mad Ood, Ice Warriors, and Raxacoricofallapatorians trying to stop them winning, for once.
    That's what @Silvanus did in Los Alamos!
    Daraius said:
  • I want in! As long as @Weiwae isn't playing :P
    OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...
  • I'll be starting a proper sign up assuming no one else tells me they want to run their game first.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Vivet said:
    I don't think I'll have time to manage a game anytime soon, but I'd love to play in a Sylandra/Kira game. And besides... we're always in need of chances for people to get revenge on me and get a chance to kill me on day 1 or whatever. After this current game, the line for that privilege might be getting rather substantial.
    I owe you a N2 kill :) so dibs
  • @kiradawea Any idea when you'll start signups? I don't wanna miss it!
  • Iosion said:
    @kiradawea Any idea when you'll start signups? I don't wanna miss it!
    Pretty soon I suppose. It's been a few hours and most of the mafia regulars have checked in and had an opportunity to voice their intention to run a game.
  • Startups always start when I go to bed, for some reason :(
    Kira is on European hours though Ssaliss! You have a shot! Also I think Kira has been itching to run another game for awhile now. Steven Universe perhaps?
    Daraius said:
  • I love the idea of running a game sometime, but I've never done it before. No idea how to even approach making one.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Kiradawea has a handy dandy guide over here!