Reign - The Mafia Game Thread - English Mafia Win!

Comments

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Though, I don't think investigation powers that each only reveal one of the three "loyalties" we all have is particularly unlikely. It actually makes sense in the context of  Chirbo's role description which reveals intentional curveballs Sylandra has put into the roles. 

What we know for certain is that loyalties here are complex and crisscross between religion, country, and personal loyalty. I would actually expect, at this point, that investigators would tie into that rather than just vanilla reveals. 
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Sorry I am on my phone and commenting sucks, if Othero is from Navarre, then he is most likely the House Head of Bourbon, King Henry, who is Protestant until he is crowned King of Framce, who converts to Catholic to inherit France. Maybes he religious lines are not important.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    Vivet said:
    It's there in Chirbo's role, but the wording says "may". It's ambiguous as to whether or not his Protestanism would be revealed. I'm also saying nationality based on what I've found - that seems to be the theme so far.

Also, if what Celina is saying is accurate, we have to accept that a scum kill attempt was made on her the very night after Synkarin investigated her. Coincidence? Maybe. But it makes for a very fascinating coincidence.

I can say with 100% certainty that an attempt on my life was made, and it failed. The second scream was my attacker. 
  • Welp. Last night was apparently interesting.

@Celina, just to be clear, you're claiming that that second scream was either you or the foiled assassin who tried to come after you?

So unless mafia can kill multiple times a night, there's definitely a third party. It's also not necessarily the case that the mafia were the ones to take out Luce, although Silvanus's arguments hold true regardless of whether the mafia was gunning for Celina or Luce. I suppose the other kill attempt could have been a vigilante, but that also seems unlikely.

Assuming, of course, that Celina isn't trying to pass off a culty thing. The second scream initially made me think it was possible there was a cult, but Ushaara's being pretty persuasive, and Kiradawea's choice of roleclaim isn't making her seem any more trustworthy, given what I've read of that character's fate.

The fact that Chirbo is innocent protestant french makes Synkarin's claim of being innocent catholic english slightly more credible, but being english is pretty damning. On the other hand offing a helpful investigator is bad. On the third hand offing him if he's with the mafia is even more important.

Apologies for the stream of consciousness babble. Will try to put together something more coherent/helpful in a bit.
    Well, as I don't know everything else that went on during the Night, i can't be 100% certain the scream was my attacked. However, there were two screams, and my attacked screamed when I fought back.
    *my attacker.

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Silvanus said:
    Sorry I am on my phone and commenting sucks, if Othero is from Navarre, then he is most likely the House Head of Bourbon, King Henry, who is Protestant until he is crowned King of Framce, who converts to Catholic to inherit France. Maybes he religious lines are not important.
    ?

According to the Wiki, King Henry II is Catholic and born in France. No mention of Navarre.

Or is this some other King Henry? Or is this differences between Reign King Henry and Historical King Henry?

(Did I mention I'm starting to hate the flavour of this game?)

• I either missed a page, or we got to page 16 while I was trying to type up and summarise, but thanks for the confirmation.
  • At this point, I'm in no way convinced of Synkarin's innocence. We need to figure out who he's been working closely with the past few days. I'll post an analysis tonight after work, but if anyone wants to go back and gather posts of Synkarin's interactions with others in past days, that'd help.
  • Vivet said:
    Silvanus said:
    ?

According to the Wiki, King Henry II is Catholic and born in France. No mention of Navarre.

Or is this some other King Henry? Or is this differences between Reign King Henry and Historical King Henry?

I think Silvanus is referring to historical King Henry IV of France, the Navarran son of the Antoine who was linked above and shows up in Reign, who married the daughter of Reign's King Henry
  • I like the flavour! Even if the historical/show lines blurring are making this confusing.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Vivet said:
    Silvanus said:
    ?

Sorry I guess I should've stayed full name. King Henry II of Valois rules now. His daughter marries King Henry of Navarre, and that King Henry becomes King Henry IV, of House Bourbon, first Bourbon King of France.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • So unless mafia can kill multiple times a night, there's definitely a third party. It's also not necessarily the case that the mafia were the ones to take out Luce, although Silvanus's arguments hold true regardless of whether the mafia was gunning for Celina or Luce. I suppose the other kill attempt could have been a vigilante, but that also seems unlikely.

Assuming, of course, that Celina isn't trying to pass off a culty thing. The second scream initially made me think it was possible there was a cult, but Ushaara's being pretty persuasive, and Kiradawea's choice of roleclaim isn't making her seem any more trustworthy, given what I've read of that character's fate.

I've got a headache, so I'll be heading to bed, and probably won't be able to get back to you anytime soon. But why do you think I'm suspicious because I get killed in the show? I haven't seen the show, but from what I gather, Clarissa died in the show in order to protect Mary's husband to be. So why do you find that suspicious?

Also, why do you find it unlikely that for Celina it wasn't a vig attempt? I find that far more likely than mafia being able to kill twice during the night.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    KILL HER, KILL HER WITH FIRE

This is what I'm turning into the longer people go without saying anything about whether they agree or not that Kiradawea is being shady. The additional 'don't bother investigating me as it will return inconclusive' is yet another red flag to me, as well as the attempts to redirect attention to Synkarin and Othero.

I know I probably have tunnel vision on Kiradawea right now, but I simply cannot see her being town, barring an exceptional power and detail of actions taken reveal. It is my suspicion that she is the one who targeted Celina last night, while the English agents took out Luce.

But I will try cool my jets and agree with Vivet that we need to hear from Othero and others before the day concludes.
    Celina said:
    Would it be helpful for people to state their names but not their powers?

Celina said:
    To be clear that I'm not trying to force anyone out, it's just an idea, and if people agree to it I don't mind starting.

This is just meant as a reference for anyone going back to check to see who suggested name claims (I forgot).

I also forgot to consider a possible vig. Maybe it was. Hmm.

I really have no idea what to make of Kira at this point. A ghost that can't be investigated, and I assume can't be killed? Then Celina seems to have nightkill resistance/immunity too. Good grief.
  • Kiradawea said:
    So unless mafia can kill multiple times a night, there's definitely a third party. It's also not necessarily the case that the mafia were the ones to take out Luce, although Silvanus's arguments hold true regardless of whether the mafia was gunning for Celina or Luce. I suppose the other kill attempt could have been a vigilante, but that also seems unlikely.

I've got a headache, so I'll be heading to bed, and probably won't be able to get back to you anytime soon. But why do you think I'm suspicious because I get killed in the show? I haven't seen the show, but from what I gather, Clarissa died in the show in order to protect Mary's husband to be. So why do you find that suspicious?

Also, why do you find it unlikely that for Celina it wasn't a vig attempt? I find that far more likely than mafia being able to kill twice during the night.
    Clarissa kills one of Mary's ladies in waiting, and then kidnaps and tries to murder Francis's brothers. Mary kills her in order to rescue them, I thought?

I don't think mafia having a double kill is more likely than having a vig, but I think there being a third (fourth?) party who went after either Celina or Luce to sow chaos is more likely than either option.

I also don't know if it's better to go after the potential lunatic or the likely english mafia.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I thought Clarissa wasn't actually dead though? Didn't Nostradamus see a blood trail from where her body should have been?

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Also, go after the lunatic, because the likely english mafia isn't actually mafia

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Vivet said:
    I really have no idea what to make of Kira at this point. A ghost that can't be investigated, and I assume can't be killed? Then Celina seems to have nightkill resistance/immunity too. Good grief.
    Clarissa isn't really a ghost. There's just a rumour that the castle has a ghost because she's living in the secret passageways.

And now that I'm looking at the wiki entry for the character, it looks like Mary (queen of scots) did not successfully kill her, but that Clarissa goes on to be killed later for Francis's sake, yes, although it's hardly as voluntary as Kiradawea makes it sound. (Previous post was based on the episode recaps I've gotten through, which is only at the very beginning of season 2 at this point)
  • Is Clarissa an actual ghost in the show?

• Falmiis said:
    Is Clarissa an actual ghost in the show?
    No

• Falmiis said:
    Is Clarissa an actual ghost in the show?
    No
    Oh, you answered just before I posted anyway! What an odd claim to make.
  • Ok, sorry for taking so long to post. Work made it easy to look at the forums, really tough to take any time to post.

I am Antoin De Bourbon and from Navarre. I am also a survivor. 

I'd like to add if Kira is Clarissa it would fit her character to be a serial killer or something similar, she's tried to kill a few people on the show for very flimsy reasons.
  • Ushaara said:
    KILL HER, KILL HER WITH FIRE

This is what I'm turning into the longer people go without saying anything about whether they agree or not that Kiradawea is being shady. The additional 'don't bother investigating me as it will return inconclusive' is yet another red flag to me, as well as the attempts to redirect attention to Synkarin and Othero.

I know I probably have tunnel vision on Kiradawea right now, but I simply cannot see her being town, barring an exceptional power and detail of actions taken reveal. It is my suspicion that she is the one who targeted Celina last night, while the English agents took out Luce.

But I will try cool my jets and agree with Vivet that we need to hear from Othero and others before the day concludes.
    You don't "probably" have tunnel vision. You have, to the point that your ridiculous obnoxiousness has made me really dislike actually playing this game. I swear your strategy is to annoy me to the point of quitting this game.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Vivet said:

Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    You know, it's funny because 99% sure Kiradawea annoyed someone to the point of quitting last game. 

I'll agree that Kira is focusing solely on me at the moment to try and distract people from her.

Vote: Kiradawea

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    @Sylandra - To be fair, I'm sure I wouldn't be nearly so irritable about it if I had proper time to research it, or had some period knowledge from beforehand. Right now it's just oodles of confusion and mixing up details.

Guess it's time to do more wiki reading about Clarissa.

Before I do, though:
    Synkarin said:
    There could potentially be 5 english too right? That'd make it 5/5/5/1 outsider? I'm still on the first season as well and there has really only been one english person on the show (the guy who got framed). 
    I noticed this while combing backwards through the thread. What's the name of the guy who got framed? It'll save me some time trying to figure it out otherwise.

• Vivet said:
    Clarissa isn't really a ghost. There's just a rumour that the castle has a ghost because she's living in the secret passageways.

And now that I'm looking at the wiki entry for the character, it looks like Mary (queen of scots) did not successfully kill her, but that Clarissa goes on to be killed later for Francis's sake, yes, although it's hardly as voluntary as Kiradawea makes it sound. (Previous post was based on the episode recaps I've gotten through, which is only at the very beginning of season 2 at this point)
    Just to confirm that we're using the same wiki. This is the one that I'm using.