Reign - The Mafia Game Thread - English Mafia Win!

Comments

• I fucked up quoting so I'm reposting my comments, This along with Tekora's continued tunnel vision against Silvanus as evidence is mounting against Kiradawea is also suspicious. They're trying to deflect from Kira and push for a vote on Syn because Silvanus is suspicious to them. Vote: Kiradawea
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Current Vote Count Update:

Synkarin - Vivet, Tekora, Yarith (3)

Kiradawea - Synkarin, Falmiis, Ushaara, Celina, Silvanus, Lavinya, Othero (7)

In the kingdom of France, it takes the word of 8 nobles to lynch a member of the court.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Goddammit, I'm not trying to deflect ANYTHING. I /do/ believe Kira is some kind of antag role at this point, but it's probably not mafia. 

The safest thing we can do to give us the most information right now would be to lynch Synkarin. This would in turn allow us to confirm whether or not Vivet's roleclaim is true (and thus if she really is a reliable investigator). It also gives us a solid plan of how to spend night actions tonight (Vivet investigates Silvanus, I block Kiradawea, Doctor protects Vivet).

By lynching Kiradawea, we don't gain nearly as much information. There's nothing to cross-reference Kira's role against, and no one claiming anything about Kira that her role reveal would be able to confirm or not. We can afford to wait to lynch Kira until either the English are removed from the game, or until I die and there's no one around to block her. Lynching Kiradawea now doesn't give us nearly as straight-forward a gameplan for tonight's actions. I still want Vivet to investigate Silvanus and the doctor to protect her, but now I have to choose between blocking Silvanus, Synkarin or... the other two mafia I suspect are lurking around somewhere.

And because Othero and Lavinya are pushing this train on Kira so hard, that's why I'm tempted to FoS Othero and FoS Lavinya as the two remaining mafia. 

My current suspicions are as follows.

Mafia - Silvanus, Othero, Lavinya, Synkarin

SK/Arsonist/Tertiary Scum role - Kiradawea
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    I don't understand. Why don't you think Vivet is a reliable investigator? The information she provided on Othero and Synkarin seems legit to me..
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Also, how can you suspect Lavinya? She is Diane de Poitiers and shares a mason power with the King. Othero has claimed House Bourbon. What connection does Diane, an Englishman and House Bourbon have to make a mafia? It sounds like a bad joke.

And you say you doubt Vivets ability to be an investigator but then include it as a point of your plan to confirm affiliations. I would say it is quite obvious that you are trying to cover for Kira and push attention towards anyone else.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • I don't doubt it. I said, it hasn't been confirmed. Stop twisting my words.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia

I've revealed everything at this point except who the king is, and I won't because I'm sure the mafia would love to know who it is too. The king is also the jailer. I am Diane du Poitiers. As in history, I have no power of my own save the influence i have through the king, in this case purely by conversing.

thinking I'm suspicious at this point feels like a desperate move. Lynching me will prove everything I have said, which will make those suspecting me extra dubious (cough cough tekora). It also won't hurt the town much save through numbers as I have no power. (Man I wish I did, I always seem to be pretty vanilla townie.)

I was actually almost convinced you were innocent, tekora, but it's all been undone with the illogical support of Kiradawea. I believe you are both working together, and I doubt it's because there is another pair of masons.

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Someone please unvote on Kiradawea.

I have decided she is likely an Englishman. Clarissa is an entirely false claim to get us to lynch her before Synkarin, so Synkarin has a chance to talk to his fellow scum in the night and possibly come up with some sort of plan.

I want to say more, and have much more to speculate/talk about, but I want to shower first.

Don't leave Kiradawea in a position where she can end the day prematurely by voting for herself.

My post is bugging up for some reason. Bah!

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Or someone just vote for her because we're not actually in cahoots

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    So this is what I am envisioning.

Synkarin and Kiradawea are both in the English Mafia. Synkarin is caught totally unaware by my outing him, and scrambles to come up with something. He claims Catholic English, attempting to get Mary Stuart on the Throne.

But there's a big problem with that. There's... not really any Catholic Englishman like that in the Reign series. I've tried looking. I have encouraged other people to look. What have I found? Nothing. This is why Synkarin refuses to name claim.

Note that I am a Scot, and do not wish to reveal my name. I have provided a good reason for that - if the mafia want to go after Mary Stuart as a top priority, do they go after me, or take shots in the dark at the quiet players?

Synkarin, on the other hand, doesn't think it is fair for him to reveal his name if I won't reveal mine. Why? What benefit does Mary Stuart gain from that? Do notice that in Luce (Marie)'s role, she is outed as a tracker. A tracker and two investigators, all in Scotland's favour?

Synkarin is scum.

The English likely have specific targets they want to take out first. They aren't going to take out Tekora because she's not that close to the Throne. A waste of time, especially if they think they can make us lynch Tekora for them (and they got close before, didn't they?). Ushaara could be one of them, or they might think his day power is useful even if he is French. Imagine an endgame where an Englishman convinces Ushaara to protect them. Sounds convenient, no? So I doubt Ushaara is a priority either.

They still REALLY need to find their target roles to kill. Kiradawea is probably an Englishman with no significant powers, or perhaps none at all. That's why she decided to take the plunge and launch into theatre work, even flagging Ushaara in an attempt to convince us she's gone a little too crazy.

Don't play into Kiradawea's game. Unvote Kiradawea. Vote Synkarin. Kiradawea can always get vig killed tonight, or lynched tomorrow.

Now, if we let Synkarin get together with his fellow mafiosos tonight, he might be able to come up with a compelling fake claim. Something I have a feeling he can't do on his own. Who might be able to help with that? Scumbag Silvanus.

I'm going to bet that if Synkarin name claims, he will be a strictly historic character who doesn't appear in the Reign series. Silvanus has already stated he is French, partially cornering himself. If he name claims a strictly historic character too, that'd be a lovely coincidence.

While I am at it, I will point out the Falmiis is present, and likely in a position to be reading this.

If Falmiis doesn't unvote, it might become very telling of his intentions. If I am lucky enough to investigate Ushaara, I might investigate Falmiis next.

If both Kiradawea and Synkarin come up as Protestant Catholics in the service of Elisabeth Tudor, maybe investigating Silvanus at all is pointless. If they're scum, he is most likely scum. It might benefit us all if I investigate Ushaara tonight instead after all.

Kiradawea said:

There's also one thing that bothers me about Celina's claim to poison immunity. If it's specifically poison immunity, then why was Luce killed last night with poison as well? Poison immunity suggests immunity to a specific kill method. So why did "poison immunity" stop the kill on Celina? That will require the vig/SK/scum to have at least two out of three as poisoners. And while I could see the vig using poison, I don't see the SKer using poison. And if Celina is immune to the vig... we might just have the head mafioso here.
    I would like to point out this is where Kiradawea went with her directives as soon as she "calmed down". Isn't she mirroring Silvanus here, just a bit? Why is she ignoring Synkarin?

English Mafia need Celina dead, but they won't be able to nightkill her. They know this because they tried. Right now they're trying to set the stage for getting us to lynch her, but they're not in a position to push it because I'm tearing them to pieces.

Othero might be the SK instead of just being a survivor, especially is Kiradawea is not SK.

I will ask again - if Kiradawea was an SK who could evade investigates, why would she claim the way she did?

I've had plenty of time to search to come up with a fake name, this isn't something that I'm going to start suddenly doing over night and be willing to reveal tomorrow.

You're wrong about me. Plain and simple and you are developing all sorts of weird theories to group me with others. 

Say we are scum working together. Why would Kira sacrifice herself for me? Even if I could develop some kind of claim, it'd have to go with what I'm already rolling with for it to have any chance of working. I'm likely a lost cause to begin with, so why would she 1) come out and claim and 2) focus so hard against me that it turns against her? 

This reasoning is pretty out there

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Synkarin can always get vig killed tonight or lynched tomorrow, as Vivet said on page 17 "Well, won't blocking Synkarin during the night be somewhat effective too?". Some pretty false conclusions of possible scenarios going down here.

Tekora says: "The safest thing we can do to give us the most information right now would be to lynch Synkarin"

1. We do not find out more information if Synkarin is lynched. Lynching Synkarin will find out the maximum exact amount of information that can be obtained from killing any one member of the scum. We find out the faction name. That is the best possible scenario for lynching any noted scum. Maybe some of they have roles and one of them is the leader and has more powers, but that is just purely luck.an be obtained from killing any one member of the scum. 

2. We've already seen with our lynch of Chirbo that we are not divided among religious lines. Why do we assume that it must be nationality lines? Playing into this false hope of finding out more information because Synkarin is English provides no benefit if we are wrong.

3. Nowhere can anyone attempt to claim Kiradawea's role is here for France. While you may cross reference the show to find no English member that supports Catholic Mary (historically, I can't accept that, sorry), that same source will reference Kiradawea's character as equally scummy.

I highly doubt we are split along nationality lines if we are not split along religious lines. That is why we have an investigator that reveals nationality. That is why there is probably one that reveals religious ties. They do not have to be town.

Notice how throughout all of Vivet, Kiradawea and Tekora's posts/plans, they all rely on each other or try to save another by having us focus somewhere else?

Kiradawea doesn't avoid Investigations. She avoids ALL night actions. Lavinya mentioned that the King tried to jail Kiradawea and that it failed. Lavinya only brings that up because Kiradawea is openly fishing for the Jailer and saying she can confirm actions used against her. Which is how she would confirm Tekora's roleblocking action against her. Pretty damned convenient.

Oh, and they are waiting on Vivet's investigation into nationality, who has been pushing hard in saving Kiradawea, not in lynching Synkarin.

We have to remove Kiradawea during the Day. Tekora followed by Vivet are number 1 and number 2 on suspicions list for their attempt to avoid killing Kiradawea.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    Synkarin said:
    Why would Kira sacrifice herself for me? Even if I could develop some kind of claim, it'd have to go with what I'm already rolling with for it to have any chance of working. I'm likely a lost cause to begin with, so why would she 1) come out and claim and 2) focus so hard against me that it turns against her? 

As I suggested, it is because you might need to prioritise specific targets first. This is why mafia gets the power to reveal names, while I'm stuck with nationality. Nationality is safer for town to share as is.

If you are fine with claiming a name, do it now. Not later.

Silvanus said:

Kiradawea doesn't avoid Investigations. She avoids ALL night actions.
    Oh, is that was it was? I thought that insinuation is that she was jailed, and therefore could not be in a position to confirm Tekora at all. Not that the jailing was evaded entirely.
    Silvanus said:

Oh, and they are waiting on Vivet's investigation into nationality, who has been pushing hard in saving Kiradawea, not in lynching Synkarin.

Anyone reading this thread will easily see a push to lynch Synkarin by me, first and foremost.
    Vivet said:

Don't play into Kiradawea's game. Unvote Kiradawea. Vote Synkarin. Kiradawea can always get vig killed tonight, or lynched tomorrow.

Explain how this is "pushing hard in saving Kiradawea".
    Here are the quotes in question:

"Regarding roleblocking me, that shouldn't be a problem at all. While the Clarissa of the show may have snuck around and learned many things, I myself do not have any sort of investigative role. I'll also be able to further confirm Tekora's night actions. Which reminds me, we still haven't heard of anyone who got jailed last night. I could also get myself jailed and locked up in a cell to help confirm Lavinya's claim after the first night. "e

And Lavi's response:

"I didn't want to reveal all of my cards, but I'll put this out there - the king is also the jailer. I can confirm 100% i was jailed night one because of the message text (guards and dungeon) and because we discussed it and thought with no theories that at least keeping me safe was a good initial plan. The message to sylandra was given within our chat. I also know who was targeted last night, and whether it was successful or not.@Kiradawea how can you confirm tekora? Do you know when you're targeted at night? If so...why did you ask who was jailed? I know you were the one targeted."d

It is pretty clear night and day she is offering herself up to waste a Jail power during the night, that she is looking to see who was jailed, and that she can confirm Tekora is the roleblocker because it was used on her.

If she is lying about being jailed and looking for the jailer, how can we trust her claim that Tekora is a roleblocker? How can both Tekora and Vivet push forward with this plan for the next day based on the false information presented?

It is based upon this information that Tekora wants to hang Synkarin, so she can roleblock Kiradawea, and Vivet can investigate me to confirm my nationality.

That means we can lose up to one town, and possibly two more, since Tekora is NOT a roleblocker, or is not a town roleblocker. And Kiradawea will NOT be roleblocked.
    Silvanus said:

Kiradawea doesn't avoid Investigations. She avoids ALL night actions. Lavinya mentioned that the King tried to jail Kiradawea and that it failed. Lavinya only brings that up because Kiradawea is openly fishing for the Jailer and saying she can confirm actions used against her. Which is how she would confirm Tekora's roleblocking action against her. Pretty damned convenient.

Okay. This is actually easy to explain. Kiradawea did get jailed. She knows she got jailed. She's just spewing more lies in an attempt to get lynched over Synkarin. Perhaps she was trying to out the Jailer.

It is unfortunate for her that Lavinya is masons with the Jailer.

Oh looking back I see Synkarin confirmed Tekora's roleblocking ability, not Kiradawea.

But then again that begs the question, if Synkarin is a known Mafia scum in your world, how can we trust the word of Synkarin in support of Tekora's power?
    Silvanus said:
    Oh looking back I see Synkarin confirmed Tekora's roleblocking ability, not Kiradawea.

But then again that begs the question, if Synkarin is a known Mafia scum in your world, how can we trust the word of Synkarin in support of Tekora's power?
    Synkarin said he got stopped by a pretty lady, I think? Tekora roleclaimed roleblocker before today, I'm quite sure. 
    Yes, no? I'll double check.
  • Didn't Tekora confirm that she roleblocked Synkarin?

Anyway, I don't really agree unvoting. Kiradawea is very odd to me and I would like to see her lynched. While I don't really see any connection between Synkarin and Kiradawea if there is indeed no English Catholic in the show then I think Synkarin should really just name claim at this stage
    Aaah, now I see what Silvanus is getting at. I think.

Tekora was jailed day one, Tekora claimed roleblocker. Based on Synkarin's explanation for his night actions, we assume he was blocked by Tekora.

Synkarin claimed he investigated me last night. He hasn't been able to name me. So you're going to have to assume that Synkarin lied not only about being blocked, but about investigating me as well. That's a lot of lying you are willing to admit Synkarin has done.

Why is Silvanus insisting I am defending Kiradawea when I have clearly branded her an Englishman - definitive scum?

Honestly, Silvanus. You're just digging yourself deeper into the scum pit. Looking scummier by the post.

I've also decided for sure that investigating Silvanus isn't very worthwhile tonight. I'm very sure Kiradawea and Synkarin will both be revealed as english mafia, and when they are Silvanus' fate will be sealed with them.

I will investigate Ushaara tonight instead.

Tekora confirmed that he blocked me last night

I don't know how many times I can say that before people remember. Tekora confirmed that he blocked me

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Vivet said:
    I've also decided for sure that investigating Silvanus isn't very worthwhile tonight. I'm very sure Kiradawea and Synkarin will both be revealed as english mafia, and when they are Silvanus' fate will be sealed with them.

I will investigate Ushaara tonight instead.

If you are saying I am mafia with them, and that revealing Kiradawea as English Mafia, all you have to do is lynch her, and reveal her as English Mafia, and then by your logic, you have outed both me and Synkarin.

It is up to you to decide if you really believe that. I don't think you do, because you don't want to vote for your team mate.

You can lynch Kiradawea and "reveal" me as scum, by your twisted logic, or you can continue to dodge and distract to avoid lynching Kira.