Reign - The Mafia Game Thread - English Mafia Win!

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Sorry about the lack of response, I didn't realize the game was back on.

I'm not of the opinion that Tekora is scummy. If she was, and she was blocked, either the kill would have happened from someone else, or it wouldn't have happened. Hell, if Sidd got blocked last night and nobody died, we wouldn't really have a reason to point a finger except in suspicion.

The fact that she spoke up just makes her nervous. It doesn't always indicate scum.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    I'm confused though. @Tekora, what happens on day 3?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    That Tekora would purposefully make herself seem suspicious as scum seems wildly unlikely. The point of being scum isn't to draw as much attention to yourself as possible and alert everyone to the fact that you, as scum, were jailed in the same night no one was killed. Why would she out herself? As far as scum tactics go, that would number among the worst ones ever devised. 

So unlikely, in fact, that is makes me extremely skeptical of those who are trying to run her down. It makes no sense to me to jump on something which makes no sense. 

vote: Laviyna
  • Shaddus said:
    I'm confused though. @Tekora, what happens on day 3?
    Day 3, we take what we learned during Night 2 and apply it accordingly. Just like we're doing now with what we learned during Night 1.
  • Celina said:
    That Tekora would purposefully make herself seem suspicious as scum seems wildly unlikely. The point of being scum isn't to draw as much attention to yourself as possible and alert everyone to the fact that you, as scum, were jailed in the same night no one was killed. Why would she out herself? As far as scum tactics go, that would number among the worst ones ever devised. 

So unlikely, in fact, that is makes me extremely skeptical of those who are trying to run her down. It makes no sense to me to jump on something which makes no sense. 

vote: Laviyna
    It's that or Tekora is some sort of suicide bomber. I don't think Tekora should be tonight's lynch but an investigator should probably take a look at them.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Current Vote Update:

Silvanus - Tekora (1)

Tekora - Lavinya, Luce, Synkarin (3)

Lavinya - Celina (1)

It takes the word of 9 nobles to sentence a member of the court in France.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Also, thank you Celina for bringing some sense back into the discussion.

Right now you have Lavinya, Luce and Synkarin with their votes on me, in that order. Furthermore, Synkarin has been pushing for a lynch on me ever since yesterday when I started speaking up and trying to work out some hypotheses on the possible scum layout. So take that for what it's worth.

Now that I'm not stuck on my phone, I can outline my plan in better detail.

If you all are REALLY skeptical of me, you can jail me tonight, everyone else goes about their business as usual. I probably won't get targetted by the Mafia again, for reasons elaborated on by Luce earlier, though I'd appreciate the bodyguard aspect of it. If that happens and we make it through to Day 3 with no dead townies, then I count that as a win for Team Townie, because we go into Day 3 with two nights' worth of investigations and night actions' results, PLUS no dead townies.

There is a DRAWBACK to this though, because like I said, it's VERY likely that with no deaths last night that there's an arsonist (big game) or a cult (big game + allusions to Catholics vs Protestants). Finding out if they exist here and who they are needs to be our highest priority, possibly even higher than finding the mafia, because the mafia will stay one size, but the cult/# of doused players will grow larger every night until we lynch (or mafia murders) the leader/arsonist. 

Assuming a worst case scenario of 10 Townies, 1 Cult Leader, 1 Arsonist and 4 Mafia at start (more than this would put the town at an unfair disadvantage from the start), and provided we lynch ONLY scum from today forward, but NOT the cult leader, this is what the coming days' makeup of players could look like.

Day 2 - 9 Townies, 1 Cult Leader, 1 Cultist, 1 Arsonist, 4 Mafia (Current Situation?)
    Day 3 - 7-8 Townies, 1 Cult Leader, 2 Cultists, 1 Arsonist, 3 Mafia (7 Scum)
    Day 4 - 5-7 Townies, 1 Cult Leader, 3 Cultists, 1 Arsonist, 2 Mafia (7 Scum)

From there, things get fuzzy between whether and when the Arsonist lights the fuse, but technically, Town enters into an almost unwinnable condition by Day 5 if we don't find the cult leader. From there, it becomes a question of whether the arsonist doused more scum than townies.
  • Double post because no-editing: THIS is why we can't afford to be voting for No Lynch. We stand to fall behind severely and never be able to recover.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    My other theory is that Tekora is trying to root out the jailer. She could be completely lying. Why are we just taking her word for it? Of course the jailer could oust themselves and either confirm or deny her claim, or another could say that -they- were actually jailed. Both instances would be very revealing (which I presume is what's happening here, Tekora is shaking the tree to see what falls out), and information is king, but who would it benefit? The town? I don't think so, not if it's the jailer. It's a powerful role that could really benefit the nobility if they're able to work quietly.

No one coming forth to deny her claim doesn't necessarily mean it's true, don't forget that. I like to think the filthy Brits can be lynched without all the nobles needing to role claim and show their full hand, if we are clever enough to sort the subtlety from the bullshit.

• I don't want the Jailer to out themselves. They're perfectly fine right where they are.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    So a lot has happened that I have missed on so far, I tried to keep up on my phone but browsing sucks there.

Why is Tekora 99% sure she was jailed? I just created my own Mafia game, and one of the consistent themes of the scum was that they choose who they send out to kill. Isn't it just as likely that Tekora was roleblocked as she was jailed?

The only claims she made is that she were jailed, because she didn't complete her action and no one died. Here' s an actual list of scenarios of something that could've happened:

Tekora is a Frenchman that was roleblocked. English sympathizers or possible third party instigator targetted the jailee target, or even both. Or one of them attacked the person jailed, and the person that was being protected. The chances of this are slim. That means both the Doctor and Jailer had to be accurate.

Tekora is a third party or English scum that was roleblocked or jailed, failed to complete her action. That means the other night action had to go up against both a Doctor and Cop. This has a higher chance than the other scenario, obviously.

Tekora mentions this: "I got jailed, Mafia targeted me last night because I was vocal and they see the rest of you as quiet, passive and willing to continually vote No Lynch while they work. This is my current hypothesis."a 

You voted no lynch. You were willing to let them too. It was your sheepish aggressiveness and snotty attitude which shot down discussion. They would be better off keeping you around as you drew the most attention, attention away from them. While you continued to come off as borderline English, they can continue to sneak in among the distracted French.
    Tekora said:
    Fine, I'll admit that I acted last night. Not willing to reveal my role yet, but I will say that it's something that isn't absolutely vital to have available every night, which is why I'm volunteering myself to be jailed again.
    Tekora also goes forward and says this. Being as I just designed a Mafia game myself, the only real (non-obscure) Town power that I can think of that you wouldn't use every night is Vigilante Kill.

She also claimed that I would get what was coming for me. I think the more reasonable scenario is that this silly person used Vigkill on me on day one and the protector protected me.

If Tekora doesn't reveal her role by the end of the day, I am going to vote Tekora. But until such a time, I do believe she is the French vigilante and idiotically used her power on day one.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • My understanding is that she was roleblocked for sure, but she made the connection that since there were no deaths at all it was highly likely that she may also have been the target of an attack but was protected somehow.
    Yes because that helps her cause. It makes her look like the target. It is just as likely that she got roleblocked as it is jailed, and the other person that got jailed, was the target.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    So, to sum up your post, you think she tried to vig you, you got protected, and that's why we had no visible kills?
    No. Tekora got roleblocked or jailed. All scenarios below are equally likely given the information possible. Only one scenario supports Tekora, and that is the scenario that she believes 99% happened.

If Tekora is jailed, that means Tekora was a target by someone, and they failed to kill. And that means the Roleblocker or Protector stopped the other kill.

Or Tekora was roleblocked, and someone else was jailed, and that other person jailed was the target. That means the Doctor or Protector stopped the other kill, or stopped both kills, and the jailed person wasn't even a target.

Or Tekora is scum, and was jailed or roleblocked. And the Doctor, Protector, or Jail/Roleblocker stopped the other death.
    Oh I guess I did say I got protected there and meant to say she got roleblocked/jailed.

Of the above three scenarios that I listed, those  are assuming we believe all of Tekora's claims are true. Which I am not very inclined to do. I believe she is the vigilante, and it is also likely that her target was protected, just as much as the above scenarios. That is of course, assuming Tekora's information is incorrect about the jailed/roleblocking message.
    I know we can't share our mod messages, but can you tell us some of what you saw, @Tekora? Why do you have a smidge of doubt that you were jailed?

• So, you try to frame me for targetting you, and then backpedal? Real credible there, Silvanus.

I still have yet to see ANY kind of proof or substantiation of my guilt from my critics. Nothing but attacking my character with shoddy guesswork and no facts to back it up. And in Silvanus' case, outright lies that he retracts afterward.

And Lavinya, no I'm not telling you what I saw, because I've already contributed more information than any other person in this game and it's not relevant to anything anyway. 

My vote on Silvanus is staying. And FoS Lavinya.
  • I'm not really sure it's either a good idea or fair to try to fish for flavour text that may or may not have been sent via PM by the mod.

I can totally see myself in how I've played mafia games in how Tekora is currently playing so I'm willing to believe her. All too often people just sit on their laurels waiting for more substantiated reports that might not even come.
    Actually it is relevant. Because you see, I was jailed last night.

so either Tekora is full of merde, or there's two jailers.
  • Or Lavinya is full of merde. Not saying she is, but it's also a possibility.
  • Okay fine, I know how to solve this, real easy.

I want whoever jailed Lavinya to jail me tonight. If the message is different, I can confirm tomorrow if it was two different people or not.

• Tekora said:
    Okay fine, I know how to solve this, real easy.

I want whoever jailed Lavinya to jail me tonight. If the message is different, I can confirm tomorrow if it was two different people or not.
    As much as I believe you, I think you need to drop this plan of yours to get jailed. Even if you're telling the truth it can be so easily manipulated by mafia to backfire on us.
  • I'm going to Vote Yarith because he hasn't contributed anything today.
    I find it interesting that you -don't- suspect me of lying, even though you've already said you are suspicious of me in general, and naturally presume there must be two jailers. Very interesting.

Obviously whoever jailed you can do the same and jail me, and -I- can also verify.

• Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaasp!  Why choose me out of all the people who have yet to say anything? There's far more than the few of us who have been more or less vocal. I find your accusation to be, how do you say, insulting!?
    I have my eye on you, Falmiis, de not a Frenchie!

I'm afraid I simply have nothing to offer, not that you've really put anything forward than speculation. I could offer up my own feelings but they're based on the same thoughts that everyone else has put up. 
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Honestly, with 16 people in the mix, I wouldn't be surprised if we DO have doubles of some roles.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    I have an offer for you @Tekora

Not going to reveal my role, but my power is to make someone unlynchable during the Day. As I have no way of gaining information other than what is revealed during the Day phase though, it is pretty much a double edged sword power, as I may just as easily nullify lynches on the English or third parties as members of the court, and it could make me go against potential court majorities to just draw heat on myself.

But remove your mask, and tell us who you targeted last night and I will use my power on you today, giving you a day's grace. If the claim is believable, our doctor, protector or jailer can decide whether you are worth protecting tonight.

• Ushaara, it was a TERRIBLE idea for you to reveal that, but sure, I'll take your offer, because I'm not afraid to die, other than worrying about who else in the town is going to be productive if I kick the bucket.

I targetted Yarith last night.