Reign - The Mafia Game Thread - English Mafia Win!

Comments

• Tekora said:
    Putting it out there that this is a terrible idea and I'm not supporting the No Lynch when we still have 4+ days of discussion available to us.
    Feel free to try to stimulate discussion, because right now there's nothing being discussed (other than whether or not to vote no lynch).
  • We have 4+ days available to us. Not sure if we really have 4+ days of discussion.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    VOTE: NONE

Still staring at Othero for drinking so much.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Okay, let's talk possible links between players from what we've seen already.

Yarith started the No Lynch vote, Ushaara and Chirbo followed close behind. Let's press Yarith and see if there's any kind of links between the three of them.
  • Well, odds are the informed minority wouldn't stick their necks out by making a No Lynch vote, seeing how contentious it'd be. Perhaps one, but most likely not enough to create a link between them.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    edited January 2016
    Le Vote Count:

Yarith - Tekora (1)

Lavinya - Chirbo (1)

None - Yarith, Ushaara, Falmiis, Synkarin, Othero, Shaddus (6)

In the kingdom of France, it takes the vote of 9 nobles to sentence a member of the court.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I'm not saying that all 3 of them are necessarily scum. I'm saying that 2 or all 3 of them could share a faction together and that could give us insight into what the battle lines look like.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I have a question, if we are french royalty, are we allowed to use the Royal Oui?

#frenchpuns
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Oui Oui.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I want to vote for her purely for the pun
  • Yarith said:
    Correct me if I'm wrong but the true French have the majority in this game as well as almost all mafia set ups, don't they? Regardless of what roles we may or may not have, we have a much higher chance of lynching an innocent member of the court? I hardly think that avoiding the high probability of killing an innocent is malicious, though correct me if I am understanding wrong.
    This would only be true if we were to roll a random dice for who we'd lynch or pressure to lynch. We don't. We'd pick someone to lynch based on behaviours, just like we will in future days. We'll lynch you for starting a no-lynch train, or Chirbo for randomly shifting a vote to Lavinya or Kira because there are no millers and you were totally gonna claim it. We make actions and put pressure on people due to active choices weighted by what's been said and not been said. The choices may not always be well informed, but they do help us further identify whom is an untrustworthy git. Small aside, it shall be said, I'm a huge fan of lynching those who are quiet.

If you guys want something to discuss, then let's begin with the fact that a coloured name sits on the throne. Which means that if King Henry II is offed, we may see a power shift that favours a specific faith or nationality in some game-specific way. What are people's thoughts on this?
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Is there a way to see how many posts people have made in a thread on these forums?
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Falmiis said:
    Is there a way to see how many posts people have made in a thread on these forums?
    Only if you have an abacus, I believe. 

As to Kiradawea's point, I agree that it's somewhat odd that His Most Christian Majesty appears to have an emphasis placed on his name, and that seems to indicate that if the balance of power shifts too far we may see one of les dauphins rise to the throne to usurp him, which would be disastrous for both kingdoms.
  • While I was researching the show, I did discover something rather interesting in regards to the line of succession in the House of Valois...

Henry II had very few heirs. (As far as I could tell, Prince Francis and Prince Charles are the only ones who are notable characters on the show.) If all these characters die in the course of the game, it's possible we could see the line of succession fall outside the House of Valois.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I want to encourage more conversation but I really don't know where to begin. I am all for day one discussion and potential lynches, but that doesn't mean I'm good at it. 

The sway of power idea is interesting. I wonder if we will see people actually assassinated down here, or possibly recruited to support a usurper to take the throne, which might make it even harder for us to go off night information. 

In a sidenote, I feel like @Tekora is playing aggressively. Not scummy in itself, but it can be a sign of a traitor who is looking to steer the game in their direction. Not making accusations or convinced on anything, just making an observation.

• Lavinya said:
    I want to encourage more conversation but I really don't know where to begin. I am all for day one discussion and potential lynches, but that doesn't mean I'm good at it. 

The sway of power idea is interesting. I wonder if we will see people actually assassinated down here, or possibly recruited to support a usurper to take the throne, which might make it even harder for us to go off night information. 

In a sidenote, I feel like @Tekora is playing aggressively. Not scummy in itself, but it can be a sign of a traitor who is looking to steer the game in their direction. Not making accusations or convinced on anything, just making an observation.

I'm playing aggressively because the more information we scrape up, the better. For example, finding out whether killing the king and enough of his heirs is an alternate win condition for the scum, or a Mason win condition, or a Cult win condition.

Or it could be nothing but flavor and speculation. The point is, we have 3 days left to throw as much of this stuff at the wall to see what sticks, and our only way to substantiate any of it is to force roleclaims or lynch someone.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Religious alignment is something to consider too, as the papacy should be backing us while any protestant might be considered an enemy, no?
  • Vivet said:
    Religious alignment is something to consider too, as the papacy should be backing us while any protestant might be considered an enemy, no?
    From reading the synopses about the show, there may be some secret or not so secret pagans in the mix as well.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I agree that we want information, lots of information, but I think getting to the point of forcing roleclaims and/or lynching this day is a bit absurd.

Yes, we want to catch people in a lie, but given the aggressiveness, you've really just championed people remaining quiet and not giving anything away. 

It's entirely too much for my palate

Unvote

Vote:Tekora

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Lynching on Day 1 is absurd? Uh-huh. Okay, sure.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    It really depends on where your preference of statistic lies.

If we lynch someone, we have a 25% chance of being right or 75% chance of killing town.

If we don't lynch anyone, we have a 100% chance of being wrong and a 0% chance of killing town.

Vote: Tekora

Tekora said:

Ugh. Sarcasm is so unattractive.
    Not only have you flip flopped on votes, you've flip flopped on your own sarcasm.

I am perfectly fine with taking a chance on killing an innocent when that 'innocent' is you.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I think he meant 'Reveal or be lynched' situations. 

However, I think we may well have hit the limit of civil discourse this day. I'd like to put more pressure on Chirbo, and actually wouldn't mind seeing some on Tekora or Synkarin at this point, but at present I feel we are very near to descending into another round of everyone pointing fingers at everyone else and slinging vitriol like some sort of peasant mob. We are better than that, and therefore I

Vote: No lynch

Let us gather ourselves tonight and learn what we may, and traitor's blood will spill tomorrow.
    No matter how we vote, someone will likely die tonight. I'd rather not take the chance of losing two townies.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • If I'm going to be lynching someone it'd be one of those who have jumped on this Tekora vote.
    Falmiis said:
    If I'm going to be lynching someone it'd be one of those who have jumped on this Tekora vote.
    That seems weird to be defending anyone in this stage.

He is the one that has mentioned bringing discussion and bringing the heat against someone. He is the one that has flip flopped his votes. And he is the one that has acted like an abrasive ass.

It seems odd that he attacked me on Page 2, called out using sarcasm. Uses sarcasm on page 4 to attack Synkarin, and you choose to defend him? Perhaps you have an agenda.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    Above post should read, "attacked me on page 2, called out my use of sarcasm. He uses sarcasm on page 4 to attack Synkarin, and you choose to defend him."

Quite simply, no one should be acting as aggressive and smothering as he has at this stage in the game.
    Silvanus is grasping at straws, but he does have a point. I don't think it's scummy though.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Riluna was that aggressive and smothering last go round, and was town. They shouldn't be, but I guess people have a passion about mafia game strategies or something. IDK. My gut feeling right now is Tekora is similar to Riluna (though with a fraction of the angst). 
    I'm not really looking to lynch her or out her as scum. But if we were to lynch someone like she has suggested, I wouldn't mind if it was her. I don't think she is scum nor am I trying to build a case.

I was just hoping her aggressiveness would calm down after being called out two pages ago, but alas.

(Also sorry for calling you a he, I decided to honors you IG).
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I simply don't like the aggressiveness you've presented. You've openly admitted you want people to roleclaim this very day and want to keep pushing things until that point. I'm all for that...when there is more evidence than speculation to back it up. You are probably just like Riluna was as Celina said, and like her, I feel you're more of a detriment than helpful, even if you are town.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.