Character Retirement

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.

Sorry, Ieptix. We know you're ultra busy with other stuff, you're just our more visible point of contact/lovable scapegoat to blame stuff on.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    edited January 2016
    Tremula -

If you retire this character, you will receive 556 transfer credits for use on a new character.

*pout*
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Is there ANY way we can get an ETA on retirement here? At this point it's actually costing bashing effectiveness to not be able to collect the credits on the other MUD, which in turn is costing time and we all know time is money. Yes, I know you can bash without artifacts, but if you are going to be able to get Class Stat + Sip + Crit + Tri Trans you bash a lot faster and the only thing holding that up (for me, as this is my most invested-in IRE game) is that Lusternian retirements are apparently not being processed.

I can't imagine, unless there was some sort of mass exodus, that the queue is longer than Achaea's and they had it processed within 15 hours. I'd also be willing to bet I retired somewhere in the first ten since I had zero hesitation in dropping my characters here as soon as the announcement went out.
  • Done, thanks!
  • Hi, I've been waiting since January 18th to see if any retirement credits have appeared in the account associated with my email, but it has not appeared over 24 hours after character retirement confirmation. Can I get an ETA on it please? And if the retirement credits are already sent out. Can I get a message with any of the admins to see if it is properly distributed to the right email address of its associated account? Thanks.
  • Sorta sad I can't melt Camby legit right now without spending -more- money than I already have on Iron Realms. 
    There's almost nothing that can be done in Lusternia to make me want to play anymore after all these changes. Mind you I spent thousands of dollars on things that weren't counted. Sunk thousands into lowering credit market. Just... Still can't believe Lusternia did this.

If you retire this character, you will receive 21954 transfer credits for use on a new character.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    You're unhappy with 22k credit tradein value?

:|:|:|:|:|
  • I'm unhappy that it has to go to another noob. I have a half-developed character that I'd rather pump up further in another IRE. He's already worth 22k but Lusty is the cheapest IRE out there before resistances/damages took the y/x platform.
    edited January 2016
    Oooooh. Yeah. That part sucks, I have an achaean noob I barely played with 4 or 5 transed skills that I can't add on to cause he's old, but alas, IRE's intent isn't for people to Voltron all their characters into one super buffed Achaean dragon overnight. 
  • I could still technically do that. I'd have 32k Retirement credits between those two toons. And I'm only level 80, which is poopy anyway. Now I'm thinking.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    You can pretty safely ignore the damage buff / resist artifacts. It is thousands of credits for a 9% buff. Easier to just not buy them at all (which is what I did).
  • It's just sad that dingbats don't count at all. 
    Edenwe said:
    Hi, I've been waiting since January 18th to see if any retirement credits have appeared in the account associated with my email, but it has not appeared over 24 hours after character retirement confirmation. Can I get an ETA on it please? And if the retirement credits are already sent out. Can I get a message with any of the admins to see if it is properly distributed to the right email address of its associated account? Thanks.
    The best way to do this is to make another character using the email associated with the retired character, and maybe on the same game.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Edenwe said:
    Hi, I've been waiting since January 18th to see if any retirement credits have appeared in the account associated with my email, but it has not appeared over 24 hours after character retirement confirmation. Can I get an ETA on it please? And if the retirement credits are already sent out. Can I get a message with any of the admins to see if it is properly distributed to the right email address of its associated account? Thanks.
    The best thing to do if you are experiencing problems with retirement is to ISSUE ME in game with the full details of what you have done and what has or hasn't happened.
  • I confirmed that I wanted to retire one of my characters on the morning of the 17th, should I just continue to wait or have I missed something?
    A horde of beings swarms about Your bulk. They are diverse in shape but are, without exception, horrific to look upon. Claws and teeth without number flash across Your vision, and nebulous masses of compound eyes and writhing tentacles and spindly antennae all twist around You. With the merest thought, You open wide Your maw and lazily swallow one.
  • Cthazoth said:
    I confirmed that I wanted to retire one of my characters on the morning of the 17th, should I just continue to wait or have I missed something?
    Once you've confirmed the retirement (after the first 24 hour wait period), it has to be approved by an administrator so it might take a little bit of time. I'm not sure what the process is for Lusternia, but on Achaea the confirming admin had to go through each retirement and manually check the retirement value to make sure it was correct (due to some things not being easy to automatically track). I'm not sure if that is true for here or not, but if it is I imagine it takes some work and there are very few people who can do it.

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Makes me wonder on the attrition levels for each game.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I've noticed my value is still slowly scaling down. Not that I mind, but if nothing's been knowingly adjusted lately then it's kind of weird.
  • I noticed that my value didn't go -up- with the retirement values of the new knighthood stuff, which I'd think that's over a thousand credits after a healthy halving. Also, I really hope they take dingbats into account because they've been directly buyable from the site before and should go hand in hand with their concept behind this. 
    This character is not eligible for retirement. You would need to increase its worth by 73 credits.

What's the cheapest way to do this? Just buy/bind 73 credits to the character?
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Since it probably means retirement worth and that's not the same as the total number of credits you've bought, you'd probably need to get more than 73 credits. 
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    I was wondering myself at what point it becomes not worth increasing a character's worth in order to reclaim credits.

buy a 150 credit artifact. Rune of gripping!
  • Enyalida said:
    Since it probably means retirement worth and that's not the same as the total number of credits you've bought, you'd probably need to get more than 73 credits. 
    He needs 73 credits to hit the 1000 credit eligibility level, so no, he only needs the 73 credits (based on my experience with Achaea. I bought the number of credits it said I was missing from the credit market with the gold the character had on-hand and then realised I could buy more and did, and was able to retire, receiving a little over 500 credits back)

Qistrel said:
    I was wondering myself at what point it becomes not worth increasing a character's worth in order to reclaim credits.
    Well, the simplest answer is that since you become eligible at 1000 worth, and you get 500 credits back, spending anything up to 499 credits to reach eligibility will be "worth it". This doesn't take into consideration the difference between bound and unbound credits, and how much you might actually want those credits on a new alt, etc.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Just curious for a confirmation, do retirement credits come in bound/bypass the 1st 1000 credit bonus?
  • Who do we contact regarding pending character retirements?  I retired all the characters I would normally ISSUE ME on.  Am I supposed to make a throwaway to ISSUE ME, or do I email someone?

(I hope this doesn't sound like all demanding and overbearing: I just think there's a problem because I retired two characters, but both email confirmations had the same character name.)
  • Kio said:
    Who do we contact regarding pending character retirements?  I retired all the characters I would normally ISSUE ME on.  Am I supposed to make a throwaway to ISSUE ME, or do I email someone?

(I hope this doesn't sound like all demanding and overbearing: I just think there's a problem because I retired two characters, but both email confirmations had the same character name.)
    The best thing to do if you cannot use the in-game ISSUE command is probably to email support@lusternia.com.
    Luce said:
    Just curious for a confirmation, do retirement credits come in bound/bypass the 1st 1000 credit bonus?
    they're bound, and thus avoid the 1k credit bonus. They're only worth the 6 lessons per.
  • Maylea said:
    Kio said:
    Who do we contact regarding pending character retirements?  I retired all the characters I would normally ISSUE ME on.  Am I supposed to make a throwaway to ISSUE ME, or do I email someone?

The best thing to do if you cannot use the in-game ISSUE command is probably to email support@lusternia.com.
    Thankies!

• Ieptix said:
    While there will likely be tweaks to the formula, on the whole the calculations are working as intended. Note that the method for determining deductions is IRE-wide, and not specific for Lusternia.

In general, credits received via most methods that don't involve purchases are not counted. We're not giving out exact lists or numbers of what does and doesn't count, and I'm not going to share specifics on any particular character here, but some sorts of examples of things that don't count are org credits, mentor credits, artbards, etc. The total is based on these deductions subtracted from your character's current credit values.
    I bolded the part that concerns me a bit. The artisinals and bardics not counting is kinds BS in my opinion. In the art for me, you all are BUYING the rights to my art, I cannot sell that art anymore and gave you all rights to use it thus the credit exchange that goes on.

I know this is probably not specifically -you- I should be saying this to but I think it needs to be said!

that asides, my auction escrow on Arimisia is worth a good bit over 11,000 but retiring her, she is worth 1,666. that is a HUGE difference.
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."