Lack of Raves VI: Rave Today, Tweet Tomorrow

Comments

• Manteekan snaps His fingers and hamsters fall from the skies, each landing with a tiny thud as it 
    hits the ground.
    Raves to @Manteekan , because that is strangely adorable.

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    @Manteekan is there any chance you could quote yourself (I know, so gauche) so I can see the shouts I was too busy running around to see during the event? It's one of my least favourite things about competing vs. watching in these.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Tremula said:
    @Manteekan is there any chance you could quote yourself (I know, so gauche) so I can see the shouts I was too busy running around to see during the event? It's one of my least favourite things about competing vs. watching in these.
    I am sure somebody has them all, but if not, I may be able to throw something together.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited October 2016
    Kiradawea said:
    Rave for winning the scavenger hunt!

Though learning that it was one specific roc nest that was the nest clue made it a bit disappointing. I got lucky in that the first nest I was dropped in was the correct one, but please. Never again.
    If you had killed that roc, nobody else would be able to solve it for 40 minutes (reset time)-- plus however long after that it takes to become daytime again.  You can only be scooped up during the day, after all.
  • It's a good thing I didn't then.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Kiradawea said:
    It's a good thing I didn't then.
    (Someone else did)
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Yarith said:
    Raves for this:
    The Temporal Conclave bows to you and commences the lesson in Acrobatics.
    omg this change made me way happier than it should have. Take that, lack of alchemist symphonists!
    Wait, this is for real? Oooooh so many plans.

• That was a great little bit of ritual and storytelling. Mumbles arrived just in time to catch the tail end of a ritual that bumped him 4 levels higher.

Great RP all around!
  • Heh, ditto. I just logged in to check news, but when my scent showed a bunch of the guild gathered, I had to see what was up...
  • Big raves to all the new Shee-Slaugh who've been crowned (family ritual) recently, you guys are making family RP so much fun @Lysistrata @Edith @Salome

@Kraw we're coming for you next!
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Okay, I think I just got the @Norn's autograph:

A sense of dread overcomes you as a mirage of squat, ugly creatures surrounds you. There is naught endearing about their visage, as They are vicious and cruel in Their administering of the law. They smile as They approach, swaying seductively, the horror of it all but too much to bear. As They close in finally, a claw drags against your back, marring the flesh with a peculiar symbol. At that, They vanish one by one, bursting like water-filled balloons.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Siam said:
    Okay, I think I just got the @Norn's autograph:

A sense of dread overcomes you as a mirage of squat, ugly creatures surrounds you. There is naught endearing about their visage, as They are vicious and cruel in Their administering of the law. They smile as They approach, swaying seductively, the horror of it all but too much to bear. As They close in finally, a claw drags against your back, marring the flesh with a peculiar symbol. At that, They vanish one by one, bursting like water-filled balloons.
    Fancy!
    (Magnagora): Thax says, "My truest favour to the soldier that brings me the weave of Neos."
  • I was just about to post about loving that someone has posted on it.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Seriously, best proppo I've seen in ages. I love you and it. 
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    Norns and Erinyes down! Oneroi and the Fates left!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    @Rideta's post tugging on my heart-strings, aaaaaaaaaaaah. Not even logged in and my inner Lavinya was in turmoil. Brilliantly done.

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    I have to applaud @Karlach's response, myself. Not that I'm pro-Glomdoring or anything.   o:)

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• You're all very kind, thank you. A lot of internal movement is going on in Mag and I wanted to try and signal that. 

I haven't seen the reply, but it's safe to say I expected something from a 'northerner,' not one of ours. Although, suffice to say of course it'd be @Karlach. :p

I need to take a look and see if I'll write a response! I always hated those silly public posting wars and it's all too simple to get drawn in. 
    (Magnagora): Thax says, "My truest favour to the soldier that brings me the weave of Neos."
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I feel flattered that you expected Karlach to reply, I actually expected to be somewhat forgotten about in the list of notorious Mag exodites because when I left it really wasn't anything of note.

It was harsh (and possibly outdated) but I'm really hoping Mag continues to turn a corner under its own steam, rather than having its successes attributed to old names coming in.

The last line is certainly sincere and without sarcasm.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• edited October 2016
    It's true! I had a little list of potential responders in a notepad while I wrote it. You were nearer the bottom, as I heard you'd only come back recently. Shows what I know :/

What you describe is actually a bit on the nose from what I've heard, though. I think the environment and activity are quite improved nowadays. Doing what we can!

Anyway, it was a good retort :)
  • Mag seems to have a fair amount of new and old people knocking around atm.
    I CALLED IT. I TOTALLY CALLED IT EARLIER. ELIVATAR! Congrats, @Eliron!

#bringShikariback