Lack of Raves VI: Rave Today, Tweet Tomorrow

Comments

• @Zoku, I love that you did Sista Flamingo stories, even if Ulalah the character is NOT AMUSED, NOT AMUSED AT ALL!

(You're hilarious. I'm eager to teach you about Glom.)
  • I look forward to it! I knew the risk of parodying such sacred things but I'm glad I'm getting some really cool RP out of it! Tea time with angry fans will be marvelous!
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Ulalah said:
    @Zoku, I love that you did Sista Flamingo stories, even if Ulalah the character is NOT AMUSED, NOT AMUSED AT ALL!

Haven't seen it, but if it helps, most animals did not form a Great Spirit.  It is likely that there really is no such thing as a "Sista Flamingo" at all (though, of course, an admin could always decide to run with a storyline). Also, even if it does exist, some of the Great Spirits are a bit more flakey than others (and / or less "sacred").  You won't see Xenthos complaining about squirrel stories, for example.

Crow stories, on the other hand...
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    As another example, Brother Groundhog probably doesn't have many adherents, and most probably avoid Brother Skunk. (With reason)
  • Luce said:
    As another example, Brother Groundhog probably doesn't have many adherents, and most probably avoid Brother Skunk. (With reason)
    Skunk is such a Bro and a Trickster, I think we should play more with Skunk!

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Skunk was fun from our brief interaction. Crek admires His stink.
    The Divine voice of Ianir the Anomaly echoes in your head, "You are a ray of sunshine in a sea of 
    depression. I just wanted you to know that."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Aside from Lion and Scorpion, did anything else Awaken that isn't in Totems somewhere?
  • I remember the history on the website talking about Viravain and all the little creepy crawlers she loved. Do those have spirits, too? 
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Just Raven, I think. Spider may have as well, but I think I remember Blooredi trying to tempt Her to the dark side through the promise of more of Her creations Awakening.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    The back stories of Jaguar, Eagle, and Wolverine have Them as Great Spirits who used to be paired with created Great Spirits in forests/jungles/whatever of Their own somewhere whose names are lost to history. When the Great Spirits They were paired with were killed/destroyed, They wandered on Their own until They found each other and formed Their own little trio. Though Jaguar, Eagle, and Wolverine do now exist as Spirits coded in the game (they appear in person during Serenwilde's geography collegium task), the legend of Their history is more like an oral tradition passed down through the Serenguard at this point.

tl;dr version: Yes, Jaguar, Eagle, and Wolverine are awakened Spirits not in Totems.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Everiine said:
    The back stories of Jaguar, Eagle, and Wolverine have Them as Great Spirits who used to be paired with created Great Spirits in forests/jungles/whatever of Their own somewhere whose names are lost to history. When the Great Spirits They were paired with were killed/destroyed, They wandered on Their own until They found each other and formed Their own little trio. Though Jaguar, Eagle, and Wolverine do now exist as Spirits coded in the game (they appear in person during Serenwilde's geography collegium task), the legend of Their history is more like an oral tradition passed down through the Serenguard at this point.

tl;dr version: Yes, Jaguar, Eagle, and Wolverine are awakened Spirits not in Totems.
    I definitely got the impression from the histories (and ig lore like Serenguard) that there was way more Spirits and stuff around, but they're pretty much lost to us because we live in the Basin and we know of no way to really leave it and explore except for the odd magical transference such as in Icewynd and the Soulless were hungry. :(

I am looking forward to learning more, always!

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Why are we stuck in the Basin?
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    A couple strike me as odd to be missing. We have Raven as a trickster, but we also see two of the other traditional Trickster spirits as critters in the Basin, one created by Someone noted for having Awoken creatures left, right and centre (Coyotes, who are probably Volkh or Loboshi's, and Foxes, who were Bollikin's). We also don't have a Turtle spirit that I'm aware of, nor Mammoth/Elephant, or any mustelids. I THINK there's a Great Cat spirit that's part of the Snow Valley stuff, but I might be confused again. Mostly just trying to nail down who did and didn't Awaken.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Breandryn said:
    Why are we stuck in the Basin?
    We're led to believe most of the rest of it is less hospitable than the Skarch or Blasted Lands.
  • edited September 2016
    Breandryn said:
    Why are we stuck in the Basin?
    Bad Things Happen(TM)? I imagine it has to do with the devastation by the Soulless, the mechanical reason is this is what has been made and the story being it's centered on the Basin of Life, the bastion of survival, etc. Also, that ring of mountains around the Basin probably doesn't help.

Maybe in the future we'll explore further outside of the Basin (looking at you, Jojobo).

We've been to a few places outside the Basin (Dio, Lirangsha, for example), but the mountains that ring the Basin are a pretty effective lock at keeping us in place and we're told that everything else out there is really a wasteland (and there is no mechanical way to go "exploring" because that would require the admin making a few million more rooms for us Right Now).

IC Reason: Because we're too smart to commit suicide by venturing into the unknown.
    OOC Reason: Still (slowly) under development.
  • Luce said:
    A couple strike me as odd to be missing. We have Raven as a trickster, but we also see two of the other traditional Trickster spirits as critters in the Basin, one created by Someone noted for having Awoken creatures left, right and centre (Coyotes, who are probably Volkh or Loboshi's, and Foxes, who were Bollikin's). We also don't have a Turtle spirit that I'm aware of, nor Mammoth/Elephant, or any mustelids. I THINK there's a Great Cat spirit that's part of the Snow Valley stuff, but I might be confused again. Mostly just trying to nail down who did and didn't Awaken.
    There is a Great Cat Spirit!

She did help summon the Great Cat Spirit to aid the Igasho Tribe of Hhuhur.

• edited September 2016
    I was curious why from a lore standpoint. We fly spaceships, so the mountains themselves don't seem like they'd be a big obstacle.

What turned the rest of the world into a wasteland? The Soulless?

Edit: I'm derailing tweets. I'll make a new thread :)
  • Breandryn said:
    I was curious why from a lore standpoint. We fly spaceships, so the mountains themselves don't seem like they'd be a big obstacle.

What turned the rest of the world into a wasteland? The Soulless?
    Yes, go reread all the histories on the website, it does go into pretty good detail of how destructive they were to the planet (and it's always a fun read, no matter how many times you go back to it). There are whole races, forests, regions, etc., completely obliterated by the Soulless with no signs of their remains left. Even within the Basin, Kethuru's taint during the Taint Wars destroyed so much of the Wastelands and parts of Glomdoring that we can see ruins of stuff, but whatever they were are completely destroyed.

It isn't really worth it to us to leave the Basin, currently.

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    When you get enemied for something that happened over two RL years ago.

I'm pretty sure there should be a stature of limitations on this stuff.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Never! Enemy all the people! :D
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
    Yarith said:
    Never! Enemy all the people! :D
    /me enemies Yarith.
  • Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Luce said:
    Just Raven, I think. Spider may have as well, but I think I remember Blooredi trying to tempt Her to the dark side through the promise of more of Her creations Awakening.
    Uhm. Where did this happen?
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    The book He showed off Scorpion. It's been literal years since I read them.
  • Xenthos said:
    Ulalah said:
    @Zoku, I love that you did Sista Flamingo stories, even if Ulalah the character is NOT AMUSED, NOT AMUSED AT ALL!

Haven't seen it, but if it helps, most animals did not form a Great Spirit.  It is likely that there really is no such thing as a "Sista Flamingo" at all (though, of course, an admin could always decide to run with a storyline). Also, even if it does exist, some of the Great Spirits are a bit more flakey than others (and / or less "sacred").  You won't see Xenthos complaining about squirrel stories, for example.

Crow stories, on the other hand...
    I don't want to alarm you, but Sista Flamingo may or may not be influenced by the teachings of Virinsane in this story. I don't think Xen is going to be stoked to discover these stories!
    (Magnagora): Thax says, "My truest favour to the soldier that brings me the weave of Neos."
    Not particularly alarmed-- though if it's too obviously a dig at Glomdoring he'll probably just end up enemied.
  • Yayyyyyy! Fresh meat cultists and RP!
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    edited September 2016
    Luce said:
    The book He showed off Scorpion. It's been literal years since I read them.
    If you meant the account where he created Scorpion, I think you're just a bit confused. :) Blooredi showed off the Scorpion(his latest creation) to the rest of the Seventh Circle. I've double-checked the Histories as soon as you mentioned him tempting Viravain but nothing in the histories explicitly mentions him trying to tempt her.

Given Blooredi's envy of the other members of the Seventh Circle(standouts include Viravain, Tae, Bollikin and Charune - all of whom are much more talented than Blooredi), I doubt he'd try to recruit them. I imagine that in his eyes if these geniuses took the elixir, it would only improve their talents and widen the gap between Blooredi and them. Recall that Blooredi wasn't even recruited by Fain - he approached Fain and asked for his help. 

edit:

There were others from the Traitors who did try to recruit other Elders though!

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback