Lack of Raves VI: Rave Today, Tweet Tomorrow

Comments

• I kinda sympathized with him when I read the histories. 
  • Luce said:
    Just Raven, I think. Spider may have as well, but I think I remember Blooredi trying to tempt Her to the dark side through the promise of more of Her creations Awakening.
    Grandmother Scorpion is very important to the Nekotai{Glomdoring's monks}. And gives us Prophecies at times....

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Grandmother Scorpion is also Blooredi's only Awoken creation.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    edited October 2016
    @Siam's ability to remember and tell the story of @Viravain's return is impressive in both his attention to detail and narration ability.

For something I remember from being there, I still found myself entertained by it.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Karlach said:
    @Siam's ability to remember and tell the story of @Viravain's return is impressive in both his attention to detail and narration ability.

For something I remember from being there, I still found myself entertained by it.
    Aww. Glad you enjoyed it @Karlach! I enjoyed how you responded on the fly by counting your fingers after I mentioned how many IG-years it has been since you were ascended! :D I hope to hold more story times soon!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Luce said:
    Isn't she also not that fond of Blooredi? I remember her running away from him in the histories.
    (Magnagora): Thax says, "My truest favour to the soldier that brings me the weave of Neos."
    Rideta said:
    Luce said:
    Isn't she also not that fond of Blooredi? I remember her running away from him in the histories.
    Blooredi doesn't understand the bond between a Creator and their Great Spirit. This is one of the biggest reasons why Scorpion doesn't treat him the same way other Great Spirits treat their creator, re: Viravain and Crow, Charune and Hart, Tae and Bear, etc. Blooredi was rather harsh to Scorpion and sees her as nothing more than a tool. 
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Blooredi from the stories seems a bit of a sycophant to some or a bit of a dick to almost everyone else it seems, he was kinda a bit whiney and selfish as well. 
  • Siam said:
    Rideta said:
    Luce said:
    Blooredi doesn't understand the bond between a Creator and their Great Spirit. This is one of the biggest reasons why Scorpion doesn't treat him the same way other Great Spirits treat their creator, re: Viravain and Crow, Charune and Hart, Tae and Bear, etc. Blooredi was rather harsh to Scorpion and sees her as nothing more than a tool. 
    Understanding the proper relationship between a Creator and a Great Spirit is the only thing Blooredi ever got right. /forumrp 

:hushed:
  • Weiwae said:
    Siam said:
    Rideta said:
    Luce said:
    Understanding the proper relationship between a Creator and a Great Spirit is the only thing Blooredi ever got right. /forumrp 

Suuuuuuuure.  ;)

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

Weiwae said:
    Siam said:
    Rideta said:
    Luce said:

Yup! I've actually written a draft for a book discussing it. Like my other drafts it's sitting trapped in my broken laptop. Alas.

#bringShikariback 

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    edited October 2016
    Rave #245 for Glomdoring as a whole. Seriously. I love you all, new people and old.

Special raves to @Eadei and @Dhani for things today.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Did not expect to run into @Tisianna while checking in. Rp had to be short, but it had so much potential for fun! :smiley:  

Age: forever 28 / Sex: female / Location: where the Fates can't reach

I know Glomdoring's been brimming with activity lately but I would still like to rave about the new members of Viravain's Order. :) You guys are amazing.

#bringShikariback 

• Siam said:
    I know Glomdoring's been brimming with activity lately but I would still like to rave about the new members of Viravain's Order. :) You guys are amazing.
    _ happy for you guys!

(Come back @Shikari)

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Your bug #15616 has been updated. Take a look at LISTBUGS to see your current bug list or SHOWBUG 15616 to view it in more detail.

Bug #15616   Resolution: Your bug has been fixed. Thank you for reporting.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -------[Breandryn on 10/3/2016 @ 16:29 bugs]------
    the wildnodes on astral are afflicting with burns, aeon and prone

\o/
  • That's disappointing. It seemed like a cool end of year event-related long-term sapping the power of the barrier that holds back Kethuru thing. Or something. Burns because Sun! "Your bug has been fixed," is super bland in comparison to everyone's wild imaginings.

#NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
    Maybe it's a bug in that these things weren't intended to happen...yet.

#bringShikariback 

• Siam said:
    Maybe it's a bug in that these things weren't intended to happen...yet.
    Seems unlikely, since those effects happened in 2005.
    The doomsday prepper in me suspects they may be using the effect again!

#bringShikariback 

• edited October 2016
    Raves to @Darvellan for being a good sport with my little prank 'offering' I left in His fulcrux *grin*

(abridged version of what happened)

As you enter the star-filled mist, the mist explodes silently around you as the stars go shooting 
    out in all directions, growing ever larger in size.

You drop a platter of beer-battered merian fillets with potato wedges and sour cream.

As you enter the archway onto the path through the twinkling mist, the stars contract at dizzying speeds until each star is just a tiny little twinkle suspended in the mist.

*a couple of moments pass*

Rising up from somewhere upon the First World, a group of six stars shoot across the sky. A few moments later, a blood-curling scream pierces the air.
    Shooting in from seemingly nowhere, six twinkling stars drop from the sky and stop abruptly over your head. Lines of power shoot between them, forming a rough constellation of a six-spoked helm that rotates about its hub briefly before striking you with deadly starlight.
    You have been slain by Darvellan.

You say, "Ow."

Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    That actually sounds delicious >.>
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • It's pretty much intended as a lusternian take on fish and chips while also throwing in a jab at Celest in the process >_>
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I for one am dismayed that Captain D didn't appreciate your offering.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited October 2016
    As I said to @Rideta, perhaps he doesn't care for seafood :p
  • Kudos to @everiine and @awdwyn for doing an awesome introduction for Mumbles. I always appreciate it when people take the time.
  • Yay, welcome @Mumbles. More Serenguard!
  • Thanks, @Breandryn! I think I might give pvp a go. In most MUDs I opt for pve, but hey! Let's try the opposite.
  • Karlach said:
    Yeah, all the things people rushed to tell me OOCly and Karlach ICly and no one thinks to mention "Oh hey, we got a new God in Glom!"

Sorry @Manteekan , they let you down =(
    I am used to it by now.