The Shakespearean Mafia Game - Heroes (Town) Win!

Comments

• If 'tis a Robin's cape Vivet now wears,
    then all unease abandons now my mind.
    For tricks malign have long been the affairs
    of fae - so let us 'scape lest she doth blind
    those eyes upon which we are so relied.
    I'll Vote: Vivet - her chaos be denied.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Apparently I forgot to upgrade to Vote: Vivet

I am sorry you got stuck with another chaotic role, but bus driver as a survivor is just trouble, and that's without even considering the possibility that it's a wacky song-and-dance effort to distract us from an actual problem role a la Sylandra's (hilariously) over-the-top roleclaim as a British spy in Los Alamos.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Ye Olde Vote Count:

Vivet: Ieptix, Othero, Maylea, Luce (4)

It takes 7 votes to advance to the next scene.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Even though the chance for betrayal is huge, I really don't like the idea of forcing this lynch when we've already lost two town and our first survivor. Honestly, a shot in the dark would be more likely to hit the SK, mafia, or whatever other possible third-party killer (OH MY GODS WHAT IF IT'S JACK THE RIPPER BECAUSE ENGLAND I'M ON TO YOU SYLANDRA [well I don't know if he was in any Shakespearean plays but still]) is. I'm updating so you all know I'm paying attention, but I'm not going to contribute to lynching Vivet because I can't remember a game of mafia where lynching the survivor didn't end poorly.

FoS: Ieptix for leading the survivor lynch train, obviously.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Do you have a solid alternative then? Would you want to lynch Ieptix or is this not enough to actually lynch? If you don't want to go with Vivet that's cool and makes some sense. However, we need an alternative to go with if it's not going to be Vivet.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I don't think I'm down with lynching Vivet. A neutral party shouldn't always be understood as being for the other team as much as they're for us. There are more townies than Mafia, and while we're more likely to die than the Mafia is, she's statistically better off sticking with us than she is screwing us.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Tis not so much Vivet's neutrality
    that prompts a lynch - her power is the thing
    concerns me yet. The chaos it could sow
    could thwart attempts to find our enemies,
    or p'raps to shield an innocent from harm.
    That, more than anything, incites alarm.
  • Shaddus said:
    I don't think I'm down with lynching Vivet. A neutral party shouldn't always be understood as being for the other team as much as they're for us. There are more townies than Mafia, and while we're more likely to die than the Mafia is, she's statistically better off sticking with us than she is screwing us.
    Not really. If she sticks with us and helps the town the mafia will kill her, a doctor is not going to waste their time protecting a survivor. She's safer helping the mafia. A survivor during lynch or lose is a powerful spot and can hand the mafia a win.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'm still pretty leery about lynching a possible ally, but you're both right :(

VOTE:VIVET
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I'm totally down for an alternative and I'd like to make sure everyone chimes in on this before we lynch. New players, even if you're confused I know you have an opinion. Everyone's got one.
  • VOTE:Nobody 
  • Why are you voting for Nobody? Explain your vote, Mafia's a really bad game if you're not talking about what and why you're making a move.
    Ye Olde Vote Count:

Vivet: Ieptix, Othero, Maylea, Luce, Shaddus (5)

Nobody: Rolsand (1)

Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    God damn it, I err
    By forgetting the verse is
    My shtick for this game.

A finger which points
    Suspiciously implies just
    That, a suspicion.

I do not trust the
    Way this was brought about, yet
    it seems naught to do.

An open ear waits for
    A suggestion as to what
    We might try instead.

Survivor is a
    Double-Edged blade, please do not 
    Let yourself forget!

The mafia may
    Fear our dear Vivet just as
    Much as Othero.

Her power is great
    So I would have her in tow,
    rather than perish.

• So what's the alternative? Lynching Ieptix for voting for Vivet over a generally agreed upon premise (that her role is dangerous), seems like an equally, if not more, questionable path to take. Rolsand's nobody vote? Given we've 2 people in a day after we already voted nobody, there's no scenario where that increases our odds of winning.

So spontaneous lynching? Or one of you poetry writers (because ooooomg why do you make reading hard)?
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Tremula is giving me suspicious vibes. An Iago, perhaps? Seemingly ally while wishing us all dead? I'm watching you very closely. I don't get a proper innocent read from your posts, poetry or otherwise.

Vivet may not necessarily be against us, but I agree with Maylea that her power is way too powerful in the hands of someone who MAY work with us. Or against us. She will ultimately do what she needs to for herself, which may not help the town.

It's for that reason (and not her past performance, brilliant as it was) that I am voting for her, in light of a distinct lack of better options.

Vote VIVET

• Frankly, I wonder if I have the right kind of mind for this game.  I'm finding myself agreeing that Vivet's new role is not all that great for us.  At the same time, I feel like lynching her is wasting an opportunity to play the lottery in lynching a villain.  That kind of numbers game seems to be one of the hallmarks of mafia.  Lynch early in the hopes of catching them out before they can turn the numbers advantage.

In the absence of anyone else, I'm willing to vote Vivet (not bolded, not a statement of my vote) but I'd really like us to consider longer before jumping through the day.

• I feel like if I lynch Vivet it won't be a complete and total accomplishment; and I'm also new to the game so I'm not gonna be lynching someone thats not gonna my side. We should trying to figure out the villain.
  • *I'm not gonna lynch someone that's not gonna to help my team gain points.*
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Unvote: Vivet
    Just because I agree that we should get at least a little more talking done and she's in range of a mafia ninjalynch.

@Eldanien: That's not an invalid strategy, it's just one that I'd really only see as viable if you felt that Vivet was a hard locked target for the mafia tonight. Lynching Vivet now means we don't need to deal with her switcheroo shenanigans (which frankly it'd be silly for her to do anything but switch herself with someone she wants dead), so any protectors or investigators know who they targeted and don't need to worry that it was misdirected.

Best case, she manages to accidentally find a scum member and their target and switch the two. Worst case, literally anything else. 
  • To be honest Vivet might even help us if she decides to.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    The main problem with that is that Vivet's role is pure chaos, which helps scum more than town. If she decides to help us, there's still no way for her to control that with her powers, so she either doesn't use them and is a vanilla townie, or she uses them and everyone has to second-guess every night result. She can change her mind at any time if it looks like we're going to lose.
  • I feel like we're missing something. 

@Vivet, you are openly courting death, and I cannot yet figure out why. You speak blithely about how you cause mischief and merriment (aka chaos and confusion) and revealed this with the tiniest of provocations. If this is all you want, then it would have been better to stay in the shadows and work your trickery without anyone being the wiser. 

What aren't you telling us?
    Consider thusly,
    the chance that our new Puck has
    Drawn wool over eyes.

Perhaps instead of
    A survivor of war, she
    is suicidal?

A merry-making
    jester could well be within
    our midsts, I do think.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Hrm. There is every chance she is instead a jester? Maybe she wants lynching. But can we risk it? ARGH.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Hrm...Which is riskier, the bomb/jester, or allowing an unchecked bus driver? 

Or, if she's lying, is there any reason she might not also be our missing SK? Legitimately puzzled now.
  • Next question: What is a jester?
    Ye Olde Vote Count:

Vivet: Ieptix, Othero, Maylea, Shaddus, Lavinya (5)

Nobody: Rolsand (1)

Daraius said:
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Krackenor said:
    Next question: What is a jester?
    Jester's goal is to get lynched. They win the game if they are, and most of the time can take out one of the people who voted for them. Bomb is a role that immediately kills whoever last voted for them if they're lynched.

I guess my main question is who in Shakespeare's works would work as a Jester or Bomb