One Night Ultimate Werewolf rd 4 - Town Wins

Comments

• The reason the Changeling should reveal themselves first is so that they can't construct a good lie if they are a Werewolf. If they are a Werewolf, then they would likely choose a Werewolf as their source material, and then make up a lie about the werewolf's role. If they are Town, they would tell the truth. Thus, the Changeling and their target are likely on the same team, especially if the changeling doesn't want to accidentally choose the wrong person and reveal the wrong role.

The Seer should be revealed next because we will rely on them for confirmation of other people's roles. If they tell us about another person then they must be telling the truth unless they're both, The Seer and the person they see, werewolves. If the Seer told us about the unused cards then we will be able to see if they are telling the truth once all the roles have been revealed.

The Masons should go next, as that role needs two people to make it believable. Thus, they are either both Masons or both Werewolves.

Then the Insomniac, Vanilla Villagers, and the Probe should all reveal themselves, as they are the easiest role to fake, and thus the most suspicious. 

Finally, the Troublemaker should reveal who they switched, in order to see if that shakes any ex werewolves out.

Of course, this order isn't perfect and I would gladly follow a better one. 
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Oh, sorry for revealing earlier, then. I remembered last time I played, revealing was what you were expected to do instead of "check in." I figured it would be important to claim vanilla ASAP to thwart potential for scum to use it as an alibi. Idk, Werewolf is weird.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Hi.

Can someone remind us what the order of resolution is?
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    1. Doppelganger wakes, peeks at another role and assumes that role, then immediately performs the night action for that role if they have one.
    2. Werewolves (including Mystic) wake and acknowledge each other.
    3. Mystic Wolf looks at another player's role or two unused roles.
    4. Masons wake up and acknowledge each other
    5. Seer looks at another player's role or two unused roles.
    6. Troublemaker swaps two other player's roles.
    7. Insomniac wakes and sees her role.
    8. Doppelganger wakes and sees her role if she peeked at the Insomniac at the beginning of the night.

(Source: One Night Werewolf app)
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • That plan sounds reasonable to me, so I'll hold off on claiming for now.
    It also makes for a pretty boring waiting game. :/ We have eight players, four of which are potential wolves, and two of which are potential seers if the Doppelganger/Changeling picked the Mystic Wolf. They'll have come up with their cover stories during the night phase, so waiting around doesn't advantage either side. Thankfully, we have at least one Troublemaker to keep both teams on their toes. Unless I've been doppelgang'd and subsequently switcheroo'd, I'm comfortable enough in my furless status to claim.
    I used to make cakes.

• The order is to make sure that the real Changeling, Seer, and Masons don't get confused. If we have a Changeling who is lying about not being a Werewolf, then they will probably pretend to have copied either a Troublemaker, Insomniac, Villager, or Prince, since none of those are easily verifiable. The Troublemaker is if they pretend to switch the Insomniac, but the chances of that are low. Of course, there is a 5/12 chance for them to actually be one of those things, so it is not impossible.

Anyway, the continued silence means that we likely don't have a Changeling, and that anyone who suggest later that they are one (oh, we can have 3 vanillas, because one of them is a Changeling) should be looked at with suspicion. In that case, the Seer should reveal themselves, and if they don't within the next 8 hours, the Mason(s) should go. After the Masons, then everyone else can claim and then we'll hash through all the claims to see who is telling the truth, and who is a Werewolf.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Well then, I can go ahead and get things started. I am the Changeling, and while I didn't know which roles were which, I unintentionally copied the role of Princess. Unless someone futzed with my role, that means that any votes towards me will not be counted, meaning that if people do vote for me it's more likely a werewolf gets by unnoticed? I understand the concept of the role, I'm just having trouble putting it into proper words.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Well then, after the Seer and Mason reveal themselves, I guess we can have Tremula tell us who she copied that gave her the role of Princess.

Seer? Do we have a Seer in the house?
    I am saddened to wake up to no new posts. Where's the chaos? Where's the drama?  :'(
    I used to make cakes.

• Gonna guess that there's no Seer, so guess I'll just go ahead and say that I'm the lone Mason this game. Which I guess implies Mason and Seer are the two unused roles?
    Two of the three unused, if that's the case. And really bad news for town, who'd have no verification roles and may be up against a word from @Siam and @Breandryn
    I used to make cakes.

Whoa, disregard that post.  :D

Lehki said:
    Gonna guess that there's no Seer, so guess I'll just go ahead and say that I'm the lone Mason this game. Which I guess implies Mason and Seer are the two unused roles?
    Two of the three unused, if that's the case. And really bad news for town, who'd have no verification roles and may be up against a Mystic Wolf. Any word from @Siam and @Breandryn?
    I used to make cakes.

Daraius said:
    I am saddened to wake up to no new posts. Where's the chaos? Where's the drama?  :'(
    Everyone is waiting on each other to post. Waiting is historically speaking a low-drama event.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Sylandra said:
    Daraius said:
    Everyone is waiting on each other to post. Waiting is historically speaking a low-drama event.
    (Um.  "Waiting for results" tends to be pretty high drama.  Pregnancy test, final grades, etc.  Stress abounds!)
    Xenthos said:
    Sylandra said:
    Daraius said:
    (Um.  "Waiting for results" tends to be pretty high drama.  Pregnancy test, final grades, etc.  Stress abounds!)
    Not in forum games! 
    Daraius said:
    I'll grant you that waiting for mod posts is stressful, but waiting for fellow game players to post is boring.
    Daraius said:
    I need the others to claim so I can lie or not lie about who I switched!
    I used to make cakes.

• Since it seems we have 1 Changeling and 1 Mason, then now's the time for Tremula to reveal who she copied to become a Princess. After she does, then everyone should just reveal who they are. The Troublemaker can also reveal who they are, just not who they switched.
    Melali said:
    The Troublemaker can also reveal who they are
    I did that a while ago. Was I too subtle?  :p
    I used to make cakes.

• Daraius said:
    Melali said:
    The Troublemaker can also reveal who they are
    I did that a while ago. Was I too subtle?  :p
    I got it! ... but I'm not playing.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    Hey @Luce what's our deadline?
    I used to make cakes.

Daraius claiming Troublemaker is something I feel he would do every game regardless of whether or not it's true! Hm, hm. (Also deadline is a good question. I feel like I check this thread every five hours and not much has happened. XD)
    Daraius said:
  • Well, once Tremula states who the Prince is, we can get into the confusing parts of unconfirmable roles. Though, if there really is no Seer or second Mason, then that means that there are at least 2 werewolves. Assuming that Tremula is telling the truth (because if she were to lie and point to a compatriot Werewolf as the Prince, hopefully the real Prince will speak up), that means that we have 3 Werewolves (2 normal and 1 Mystic) and 7 Townspeople (2 Princesses, 2 Vanilla, 1 Mason, 1 Insomniac, and 1 Troublemaker). The Werewolves will probably claim either Vanilla or Insomniac. Tremula states that she can vouch for the real Princess, so the Werewolves probably won't claim as that. There is only 1 Troublemaker, and they switch people, so they would have to fight for the real role and present a convincing switch. Insomniac would be interesting, since they would only be found out if the Troublemaker had switched them but they didn't realize it.

Well, we're just waiting for Tremula, to make sure that she isn't lying about what she is or who she copied.
    Well, that's easy enough. I copied the number 8, and since we have eight players, that means I copied whomever fills that slot. In other words, @Melali, at the time of my copying (the first action) you were the Prince. Apparently I'm your long-lost sister, nice to meet you. :sunglasses:

It would not strain believability, I'll grant you that, but the lack of a counter claim is telling. If I'm bluffing (again), the real TM is allowing it! 

@Melali you've been gently shepherding role claims but you haven't offered anything on yourself. You've only got one or two options if we're to take all claims so far on faith, or else I'd expect you to call someone else's bluff.

Where our sleeping players at? We'll never get to the prestige at this rate. 
    I used to make cakes.

Oops, ninja'd.
    I used to make cakes.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Daraius said:
    Hey @Luce what's our deadline?
    8 hours and some change.
    We definitely need more people to speak up then, and I'm going to miss about 4 hours worth because of a short work shift today. So while I'm gone I think it would be helpful for @Daraius and @Melali to speak up, and try and prod some of our quieter members. I can only vouch for myself and Melali, unless Daraius has something to pipe up on, so I'll drop some suspicion on @Falmiis to try and get him to speak up. Werewolf last game, and he was much more vocal, maybe he's trying to hide it now? (just picked a name at random, don't OMGUS me)

• Crap, super sorry. I got totally lost in Legion all day yesterday.

I'm the seer. I picked at unused roles. One was a wolf (yay!) and one was a Mason (boo).