One Night Ultimate Werewolf rd 4 - Town Wins

Comments

• *looked at, not picked out.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Well that lines up with what's been stated so far. Part of me did wonder if Dar was a Seer who knew there was no Troublemaker in play. So either Breandryn is the Seer or Mystic Wolf.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I am indeed the Prince! (or at least started out that way) That's part of the reason I was pushing for Tremula to claim who she copied, because if it wasn't me...

Everybody claim!
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Well, that's a little disappointing. Breandryn and @Falmiis were my targets. Out of curiosity, @Breandryn, which unused role numbers did you pick?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Was I supposed to see numbers? I just got role names.
  • Sorry RL and other things caught up to me.

I started as an Insomniac but I didn't end up waking at the end of the night.
    @Falmiis, what do yo mean you didn't wake at the end of the night?
    I used to make cakes.

Waking up to check your role after all shenanigans have occurred is the hallmark of the Insomniac, so that's a pretty perplexing claim to make.
    I used to make cakes.

• It sounds like he's saying he was the insomniac, but was switched, verifying your story. I suspect you will next say that you were bluffing about who you switched, to finger him as lying, which is why you are questioning his answer, to drive up the drama (and your own credibility).
    It doesn't take a Seer to predict that's how I'd play this scenario, but you're only half right. :tongue: I'd still like Falmiis to clarify.
    I used to make cakes.

• Was hoping there'd be a bit more talk by now, as this will probably be my last chance to check on before the deadline. My shift ends right at the same time. At the moment I'm a bit suspicious of Braendryn for not speaking up about seer until after I already said mason was unused, wolf being the other unused role there's really no way for us to question that.

On the other hand I can totally understand getting caught up in Legion.  
    Who still hasn't claimed yet?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    @Siam hasn't posted a peep if I'm not mistaken. Here's where the claims fall currently:

1 - Breandryn, Seer
    2 - Daraius, Troublemaker
    3 - Lehki, Mason
    4 - Siam, ?????!!!
    5 - Sylandra, Villager
    6 - Tremula, Doppelgänger->Prince
    7 - Falmiis, Insomniac
    8 - Melali, Prince

Honestly I'm not even worried about Siam anymore, because I have enough suspicions to vote now. I just want to give Falmiis the benefit of the doubt and allow him to explain his comment before I give my theory.
    I used to make cakes.

• I'd rather hear it now before I gotta get back since Falmiis isn't on atm
    Well, they can't exactly dig their holes any deeper. It's time for

@Sylandra called it (and Xenthos, incidentally). It will come as a surprise to no one that I'm not actually the Troublemaker. 

I am the Seer, and I peeped unused roles 9 and 11, which were the Insomniac and Troublemaker. No one's been switched. Breandryn is no Seer. Falmiis is no Insomniac. Either would be a safe vote, I think, but my money's on Breandryn.

Unfortunately, I have no counter against accusations of being the Mystic Wolf, but I also doubt anyone's going to leap to my defense in order to keep votes off me. What I'm banking on is the consistency of my play style, which frankly is starting to annoy even me. I like to think I'm enhancing the metagame by being predictable. :D
    I used to make cakes.

Ok question then, why do we have one Mason?
    Daraius said:
    What I mean by that is, are there more than two unused roles?
    Daraius said:
    There's always three unused roles, and the Seer and Mystic Wolf can choose to look at two of them. Mason may very well be number 10, which I didn't check.
    I used to make cakes.

Ah! Gotcha. The fact that Breandryn is confused by what you mean via "numbers" certainly doesn't help their argument. Same with Falmiis's shaky Insomniac explanation. It's still possible Dar decided to capitalize on their vagueness and make them into targets, but currently willing to entertain his theory.
    Daraius said:
    Yeah, at the risk of getting too meta, both times I've had a role that involved acting on another player, Luce had me indicate them by their numbers. She also jumped in to try and take the heat off Falmiis when I asked for clarification. That's why I'm voting Breandryn.

And just for clarification, here's Luce's role list again:

Roles
    Villager x1 - Mmmm, vanilla. 
    Werewolf x2- Aroooooo, fuzzy.
    Troublemaker - Swaps two players' roles without looking near the end of the night.
    Changeling - Selects a player at the start of the night then functions as that role. Acts slightly before the original.
    Seer - Is allowed to view either one active player or two inactive roles.
    Mystic Wolf - Seer, but also wolf.
    Insomniac - Wakes at the end of the night to see what role he or she now plays.
    Mason x2 - Siblings in arms, both Masons begin play knowing who holds the other Mason role.
    Prince - Votes against the Prince don't count.

Eleven roles, eight players. Here's how I think things shook out.

1 - Breandryn, Wolf (possibly Mystic)
    2 - Daraius, Seer
    3 - Lehki, Mason
    4 - Siam, Wolf
    5 - Sylandra, Villager
    6 - Tremula, Doppelgänger->Prince
    7 - Falmiis, Wolf
    8 - Melali, Prince
    9 - unused, Insomniac
    10 - unused, Mason
    11 - unused, Troublemaker
    I used to make cakes.

The only other possibility I can see is Dar being a Mystic Wolf teamed up with Siam? Would like @Breandryn @Falmiis @Siam to respond
    Daraius said:
  • I didn't defend Falmiis. I pointed out what Daraius was setting up to do, which he has since done - he's laid out groundwork for a more dramatic reveal to make himself look innocent. He even posts feigning being abashed about his play style, to reinforce in our minds that he's innocent and "just playing this way." It's very convenient that his reveal directly incriminates others and diverts attention away from him. This is reinforced by Daraius wanting to get as much info from Falmiis as he can before his "prestige" to bolster his story.

I spied "unused roles" - first time playing this type of mafia, so I guess I did my night play incorrect. I didn't realize there was a 3rd unused role, so I had just specified that (sorry, that may have been part of the night delay Luce mentioned).

So I can think of a few potential scenarios:

- Daraius is the troublemaker, and swapped Falmiis with someone - unlikely, as why would he pull this and try to lynch a villager?

- Daraius is the seer and I am lying - I don't see this likely for obvious reasons, but more objectively it seems far more likely that I'm the seer and got played into revealing roles/making myself a target than it is for there to be 2 seer roleclaims and a dramatic twist that tidily solves everything

- Daraius is a wolf and is being loud to lynch someone - Most likely. The wolves know who they are, AND they know what roles are inactive (or who we are)

My results (wolf and mason) plus our own revelations make me think this 3rd scenario is most likely. If the wolf seer knew that troublemaker was the unclaimed role, it would be a pretty safe one to false claim to start all this confusion and suspicion being thrown around.

Breandryn said:
     If the wolf seer knew that troublemaker was the unclaimed role, it would be a pretty safe one to false claim 

This is true. It'd be a great play for the Seer or the Mystic Wolf. So if we assume I'm actually the Mystic Wolf, and I knew Troublemaker wasn't in use,

Breandryn said:
    It sounds like he's saying he was the insomniac, but was switched
    remind me who switch Falmiis's role?
    I used to make cakes.

• Under my final scenario, it's unlikely Falmiis was switched. Considering the scenarios I've laid out, that would seem to make him:

- a wolf, along with you, who was trying to follow your lead by implying your troublemaker claim was legit
    - confused about what his role actually was/missed a PM
    - actually switched, in which case Siam is probably the MIA troublemaker

If Falmiis got accidentially thrown under the bus, that still leaves Dariaus as the prime suspect, as Falmiss is a secondary confirmation.

If Falmiis was confused, then we should flog him many times.

If Siam actually is the troublemaker we don't really have much to work from, and Dariaus still remains pretty guilty, as why would he do the fake roleclaims, since there isn't a 3rd faction?
  • So, we have two conflicting stories. (Let us assume that everyone unrelated to these tales is telling the truth, since there are only two teams.)

Regardless of story, these 5 out of 11 roles are thus:
      Melali is the lone Prince. 
      Tremula is the lone Changeling who copied Melali, and is thus a Princess.
      Sylandra is the lone Vanilla Villager. 
      Lehki is a Mason who is missing his partner.
      One Mason role is unused.

If Daraius is telling the truth, then:
      Daraius is the lone Seer.
      Troublemaker is unused. 
      Insomniac is unused. 
      The remaining three players (Breandryn, Falmiis, and Siam) are all Wolves, one of which is the Mystic Werewolf. 

If Breandryn is telling the truth then:
      Breandryn is the lone Seer.
      One non-Mystic Werewolf is unused. 
      Troublemaker, Insomniac, regular Werewolf and Mystic Werewolf are divided between Falmiis, Siam, Daraius, and the last unused slot. 

Daraius's layout of the roles is more believable, since Falmiis is a very confused Insomniac. Even if the Troublemaker switched the Insomniac with someone, they would still get to see who they were at the end of the night. That's the whole point of the Insomniac. 

I think we should lynch Falmiis. If Daraius is telling the truth, then he is certainly a Werewolf. If Breandryn is telling the truth, then Daraius is a Werewolf. If we treat Siam as an unused slot, since they don't seem to be responding, then we only know that Falmiis has been a weird Insomniac. This, he's the most suspicious.
    Breandryn said:
    Under my final scenario, it's unlikely Falmiis was switched. Considering the scenarios I've laid out, that would seem to make him:

- a wolf, along with you, who was trying to follow your lead by implying your troublemaker claim was legit
    - confused about what his role actually was/missed a PM
    - actually switched, in which case Siam is probably the MIA troublemaker

If Falmiis got accidentially thrown under the bus, that still leaves Dariaus as the prime suspect, as Falmiss is a secondary confirmation.

If Falmiis was confused, then we should flog him many times.

If Siam actually is the troublemaker we don't really have much to work from, and Dariaus still remains pretty guilty, as why would he do the fake roleclaims, since there isn't a 3rd faction?

If you entertain the possibility that I'm the Mystic Wolf, and I knew Insomniac and TM weren't in play, I wouldn't put pressure on fellow-wolf Falmiis for making a nonsense Insomniac role claim. I would've just stuck to my story, knowing only the true Seer (Breandryn, in this hypothetical scenario, remember?) could verify that the roles Falmiis and I were claiming weren't in play. Instead, "True Seer" Breandryn claimed that she saw one wolf safely removed from play, along with one Mason. We'd have had a pretty good alibi.

If you entertain the possibility that Siam is the TM, then we're all SOL. Nobody can have any idea what side they're on because he hasn't spoken a word. I certainly wouldn't play as confidently as I have if I had any suspicion that there was an unidentified TM out there. And you wouldn't have any reason to suspect me over literally anyone else in the game. The Insomniac is the only role who can know with 100% certainty, when a Troublemaker is in play, what he is at the start of the day. And our hypothetical Insomniac claims not to have woken up at the end of the night?

Daraius said:
    Well, they can't exactly dig their holes any deeper. 
    I retract this statement.

Melali said:
    I think we should lynch Falmiis. If Daraius is telling the truth, then he is certainly a Werewolf. If Breandryn is telling the truth, then Daraius is a Werewolf. If we treat Siam as an unused slot, since they don't seem to be responding, then we only know that Falmiis has been a weird Insomniac. This, he's the most suspicious.
    Well, I'm okay with this too. Falmiis's and Breandryn's claims are both bogus, and Falmiis's in particular made no sense. Breandryn even offered that Falmiis could be a wolf under her most likely scenario, so I imagine she wouldn't be uncomfortable voting for him too.
    I used to make cakes.

• I'm telling the truth. I don't know what else I can say at this point. 
    Well that just about seals it for me. Only way Falmiis's claim works is if Luce borked both my night message and Falmiis's. Not buying it, will be voting Falmiis.
    I used to make cakes.

• Actually in both of these cases, wouldn't Siam have to be a werewolf? Correct my logic if I'm wrong because I'm supposed to be working right now and an rushed and can't type out my whole thought process on mobile

Chances are he's the third wolf, but he hasn't given us anything to go on. At this point I'm sure I've got three votes from the wolf team, so if the town's five votes are split three ways, we could still lose. I'm voting Falmiis, along with Melali, and hope the rest of the town will too.
    I used to make cakes.