Dreamweaving Concerns

Comments

• edited June 2016
    Druids can join in with rituals, as can anyone with the Moonechilde buff. Is it Shadowchilde in Glomdoring? I can't be bothered with this discussion for another second. 

Remove Slumber and Dreamjacking or remove Insomnia being OP.

Edit:
    Anyone can join in with covens as long as they have the moonchilde/shadowchilde buff, I don't know why I said druids, possibly because I am one myself.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Xenthos said:
    If you were awake, you could have just invoked a circle.  Invulnerability to ranged attacks, activate.  Heck, you could have someone sprinkle salt around your dreambody and be invulnerable while dreamgriefing (another nail in the coffin of "imbalanced").  Unless the overhaul changed that and made aggressive dreambody actions drop shields, at least?  I'm not entirely sure about that one, @Enyalida .
    I thought they always did? I know it triggers the pyro effects that hit you when you act aggressively against a pyromancer (Ring?) Not sure which skill specifically but I know I may or may not have racked up a few levels of burns trying to induce someone who was AFK influencing into kicking the guards.
  • edited June 2016
    Fralunah said:
    Druids can join in with rituals, as can anyone with the Moonechilde buff. Is it Shadowchilde in Glomdoring? I can't be bothered with this discussion for another second. 

Remove Slumber and Dreamjacking or remove Insomnia being OP.
    One has to be a Night or Moon User. If you are not, the members of a coven do not count in that instance.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Enyalida said:
    It does drop shields. So does moving around in dreambody last I checked, so you'd need someone stationed on you to keep salting you (or just to salt you when called for). 
    Okay, so it requires more than a set-and-forget at least.  That's good, but still provides invulnerability if they stick around and resalt you while you are in a safe-room like the Nexus.

Thanks for the clarification.
  • Even activating dreambody has dropped shields for as long as I can remember, and I've been a dreamweaver for quite a while, I've just not been active until recently.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Fralunah said:
    Even activating dreambody has dropped shields for as long as I can remember, and I've been a dreamweaver for quite a while, I've just not been active until recently.
    Yes, activating dreambody has always dropped shields, which is why you need someone around to salt you.  That's why I specifically was talking about salting, in fact.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Or you can just slip.

Rage/Terror are the one exception to the inclusion of non-Moon/Night users via construct auras, iirc. Possibly you also can't use them for longnight either?
  • Props to @Enyalida, @Synkarin, @CyndarinAscends, @Xenthos, @Luce for this conversation about dreamweaving. I'm definitely appreciating you guys right now.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
    Enyalida said:
    Or you can just slip.

Rage/Terror are the one exception to the inclusion of non-Moon/Night users via construct auras, iirc. Possibly you also can't use them for longnight either?
    They can actually be used for Longnight.

Getting 13 Glomfolk around for it is still tough. :)
  • Fralunah said:
    It took four pyrocannons at max buffs to kill her, as a note, and due to ignite doing damage on hit, I'm 98% certain pyrocannon does more than any other standard attack in the game.
    She's also literally level 60. 

It takes more than 4 channels if you're trying to kill someone with dreamweaving, and then 8 power since people don't fall asleep.
    I don't see how 4 basic attacks is balanced at all. I don't see why no one has addressed that issue.
    I normally have Bear, Tree and Trout up. Then Moon or Sun. 
    Note I was awake when she killed me, so could sip health potions.

Wat?
    You're level 60 without artifacts or substantial defensive buffs.

I'm a fully artifacted and fully buffed level 101 Pyrochemantic, a guild designed to do very high damage even at the highest tier of combat of which you are not a part of.

It's not supposed to be "balanced." You're supposed to lose.

However, you can just shield to prevent it.

• Xenthos said:
    Enyalida said:
    Or you can just slip.

All 13 Glomfolk, WHO CAN STAY STILL LONG ENOUGH. (I'm looking at you Xenthos)
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Dreamweaving is Luce's thing. He casts illusions, cooks, and weaves dreams. If I'm understanding Enyalida right, I'm really looking forward to the changes to DW, since 'Bring dreams to life' is right up Luce's metaphorical alley. (Though still being able to walk the Dreaming would be a nice bonus, pls?)
    There have always been a lot of misconceptions and misunderstandings about dreamweaving, dreambodies, and what they can and cannot do. Part of this stems from the years when dreambody was so buggy that there wasn't any telling what was an feature or a bug. 

Salome said:
    Xenthos said:
    Enyalida said:
    Or you can just slip.

All 13 Glomfolk, WHO CAN STAY STILL LONG ENOUGH. (I'm looking at you Xenthos)
    I have things (traps) to do!
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    So as an envoy and Wyrdenwood dreamweaver (on the side), if insomnia were changed in the way you describe, only a niche amount of people would be able to stop a dreambody: other dreamweavers, psions,  or those who have invested an amount of lessons too great for a noncom to consider reasonable in either high or low magic. This would create a large amount of imbalance on the side of the dreamweavers and they would wreak havoc, getting themselves nerfed until they feel back into line. As to changing it from sleep-based, the lore is already set (we even just had an ascension themed around it).

tl;dr: No. Stop.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    Well, it's being changed away from sleep based, and towards a higher focus and link to Nirvana as part of that, so....
  • Well Enyalida has made Nirvana safe for now so I'm fine with this development alone and think that this is probably one of the biggest steps towards Dreamweaving being fair.

Metawake is still a thing which I haven't mentioned. I don't believe an affliction should be made and never used.
    Fralunah said:
    Well Enyalida has made Nirvana safe for now so I'm fine with this development alone and think that this is probably one of the biggest steps towards Dreamweaving being fair.

Metawake is still a thing which I haven't mentioned. I don't believe an affliction should be made and never used.

Metawake is a defense, not an affliction.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • The affliction I was referring to was Sleep.
    edited June 2016
    Metawake doesn't eliminate the usefulness of sleep, it just makes it a little more involved to lock people in sleep. People will often times wake up well before metawake would tick, if they are not aeoned or sapped, if you don't strip kafe (something that dreamweavers cannot do in dreambody, and soon will b e unable to do outside of aeon or sap in corporeal body). 

Folks who need to deal with metawake have command skills (like induce) that allow them to turn off metawake on their victims. 
  • I meant, we can loosen how strong Insomnia is and just leave metawake, surely?
    Also, Undoing motes.
    Fralunah said:
    I meant, we can loosen how strong Insomnia is and just leave metawake, surely?
    Also, Undoing motes.
    If that's the only change you're making, then no.  Metawake and Insomnia serve two different roles, as Enyalida already stated.  One helps you wake up faster, the other helps keep you from falling asleep in the first place.  I don't quite understand why you think the existence of a skill that is already factored into the discussion (on our side, at least) suddenly makes it more palatable to make a change that we've already told you is not balanced.
  • Because metawake allows you to wake up.
  • Haha. What a ridiculously entitled brat. You don't believe an affliction should be made and never used? Well guess what, your beliefs will be relevant when you learn how to play the game. Until then, cry moar. I take back what I said about literate and civil. Wrong on both counts. I really should stop giving people the benefit of the doubt. You better push to demi while I'm not online, or you're never going to reach there. But well, with your sense of entitlement, I'd be surprised if you reach 80. Someone in seren, send me a pm when she does. I'll throw a party in her honour. In the meanwhile, taking bets on the title of the next thread she makes. I'm putting my money on "exp is too hard to get. Nerf pls."

• edited June 2016
    You're quite the civil one, aren't you? I haven't provoked you, in the same way Xenthos intentionally provoked me, and good luck getting to Nirvana. You'll need more than luck to beat me there.

Edit:
    If you're wondering why I hated aggressive mobs in Nirvana...
    There are 2 dedicated scholars here. There are 2 hooded monks here. There are 3 flower vassals here. Paws pressed pad to pad in prayer, a chosen one saunters with contemplative steps. There are 2 iron warriors here. Hands pressed palm to palm in prayer, a chosen one saunters with contemplative steps.
  • Rofl.

Then maybe you shouldn't be a level 60 trying to bash endgame.
  • You could bring up a commune member to help you clear that stuff out. Mind you, it'll come back if you're too long in there, and having those roaming packs of aggressive mobs might actually be helpful as part of a kill strategy.
  • Wait a minute. This entire thread/discussion has been about Nirvana mobs being too strong?
This discussion has been closed.