the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• Allyriane's roleclaim might make sense for Chosen of Pokemon, actually.

So... Vivet the night after, and game might actually be over.
  • Ssaliss said:
    Too bad Dylara autopsied Kaimanahi this night... Would've been interesting to see what would've come of it had she autopsied Allyrianne. Oh well, hindsight is 20/20 and all that. We could always wait a night, I suppose (I assume you can still autopsy those that have been dead a while, Dylara?)
    Pretty sure.  My flavour text suggested I walked past a bunch of bodies. And yes it would have been good and this thedilemma I've faced the whole game, but alas I did need to prove myself.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Thul said:
    Is five the number of days before some sort of big event, maybe? Mmm. At this point I'm half-convinced it's just Trem trolling everybody.
    Well, we definitely do have an end-destination in the heartland. Whether the mysterious numbers that have been showing up are tied into that or related to something else is still difficult to discern, but they do seem to rather nicely be ticking down one by one, day by day.

• vote Allyriane

because your claim is whack, yo.
  • Urg. So, been debating whether to reveal this or not, but it seems important enough.

So everything I said in my reveal was correct and accurate, save for the name of my Pokemon and the ability. Because I'm not giving someone with a Ditto or a Smeargle or some other whacked out copy power easy access to that, if I can. I am not revealing the actual name or type of my mon, for security purposes. Sorry, @CyndarinAscends, I'd have quite merrily let you grab my types and exit the game if you were anywhere close to done.

Last night, I let my Noctowl* evolve. Apparently, I bitched too hard about game balance, and Tremula agreed with me, because I'm back down to one target on "Foresight." In return for reduced number of targets, I got some vaguely-worded extra functionality that I'm still trying to decipher, and might not ever be able to, but there's stuff in there about misfortune and karma.

I bring this up because I've been doubtful that we've got a second vigilante, and let's face it, if someone had a Pokemon power to burn on Lehki they'd have done it ages ago. The kill went through Melali's jailer ability, so I'm wondering if that poison death was some mafia strongman kill that rebounded off of my "Foresight" and went hilariously wrong.

Pure speculation here.
    Oh, hmm. That is an interesting hypothesis, Thul, but don't neglect the possibility of an actual poisoner.

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Poisoner

Which is why I was asking about Toxicroak again. I swear I heard mention of it somewhere, early in the game... and I swear, if I have to slog through all those posts to find whoever it is again and you've just been sitting on your hands and not speaking up, I'm going to have a hissy fit.

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Vivet said:
    Oh, hmm. That is an interesting hypothesis, Thul, but don't neglect the possibility of an actual poisoner.

Which is why I was asking about Toxicroak again. I swear I heard mention of it somewhere, early in the game... and I swear, if I have to slog through all those posts to find whoever it is again and you've just been sitting on your hands and not speaking up, I'm going to have a hissy fit.

If I'm not mistaken, Othero is the one with the Croagunk, probably a Toxicroak by now. He publicly attempted to use it on Sylandra's Honedege, which obviously didn't work. Correct me if I'm misremembering something, I really don't feel like looking for it right now.
    I also think he's mentioned it again since then, claimed to have poisoned Togepi, but like I said, don't feel like combing through this enormous thread to confirm.
    That does sound remarkably familiar. Honedge definitely did deflect an attack of some sort, at some point.

Hmm. I guess I'll just mull over that a while.

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Dug for citations. Can confirm Othero as the one with Croagunk and that it can (but in that case failed) inflict poison. Attack posted on page 66, resolved on page 67.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Vivet said:

Hadn't thought of that.

...I'm going to be very disappointed if I'm dead tomorrow. I thought I had the perfect combination of powers to actually survive a full game.
    Not really relevant to anything, but I'd just like to say I'm pleased as punch that three of the four Pokemon dolls I own are present in this game. I posed them for a picture for the occasion. God, I love my Croagunk. Look at his little light up cheeks. So precious. Othero, gimme your frog. 

Oh wait, wasn't there a Piplup somewhere in this game? I also have a small Piplup figurine! I almost forgot about him because he's tiny and tucked away somewhere with a bunch of other small toys I don't want to lose track of. What are the odds most of my collection would be covered here? :mrgreen:
  • Just as a point, Allyrianne is currently sitting on 6/7 votes.
  • I can hammer, if there's not anything else to discuss.

Kinda want to hear from Othero about his frog.
  • Yep, I'm perfectly fine with waiting for a while. No rush, really; just wanted people to know where we are so there's no accidental lynching.
  • I can unvote until we're ready, no sniping?

Unvote

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Unless Cen's vote didn't count because of bad formatting, you guys were at 7 already.
    WAIT A SECOND

Was Luce the Shaymin? 
  • Lehki said:
    Unless Cen's vote didn't count because of bad formatting, you guys were at 7 already.
    It shouldn't have counted since it wasn't bolded but that is a good point, I'll leave it for @Tremula to decide.

• I didn't count that because it wasn't bolded. @Tremula, ruling?
  • I'll also quote it so he doesn't have to dig for it:

Cen said:
    *cuddles the Portius doll foreverrrrr* I imagine it having a little sewn expression of frustration. <3

Sorry for the absence! I was flying interstate to spend time with family. Been pretty hectic.

Yep I did role claim! Employee of the pokemon daycare couple, I play with my target's pokémon to give them xp.

Gonna go ahead and <b>Vote: Allyrianne </b>because that claim smells way off to me. If I knew who scum were on N1, I would at the very least be trying to subtly apply pressure or cast suspicion on them, or maybe even just go whole hog suicidally name them. If you got killed the next night, it just vindicates you and turns town back to the people you named.

But sitting on all that game-changing info and not making a peep... Might be a difference in personality, but I couldn't do that.

He knew the backstory between Shaymin and the Champion, we haven't seen Shaymin since Luce died, Champion said "no one misses Luce more than I do," was turbo-pissed and has been emo since he was gone, I think referred to him as a puffball at one point... 

I think Luce was the Shaymin.
  • Phoebus said:
    He knew the backstory between Shaymin and the Champion, we haven't seen Shaymin since Luce died, Champion said "no one misses Luce more than I do," was turbo-pissed and has been emo since he was gone, I think referred to him as a puffball at one point... 

Didn't he say he met him in the forest?

• Phoebus said:

Even in the context of mafia-induced stupidity, I think we would have noticed if Luce was an actual Pokemon.
    Thul said:
    Phoebus said:

Even in the context of mafia-induced stupidity, I think we would have noticed if Luce was an actual Pokemon.
    Magical Pokemon-to-human transformations are so not outside the realm of possibility in this wacked up fanfiction of a game, just sayin'. Unless someone shows me Luce and the Shaymin at the same time, I'm going to cling to this crazy theory Ushaara-style. 

And no one noticed I was the doctor right off the bat despite having NURSE JOY HAIR THIS WHOLE TIME. :(
  • ... I dunno. Tremula never mentioned Shaymin and Luce in the same post, other than this one (and posts listing names):

As Cyndarin announces her desire for a Cyndaquil from somebody, anybody, it is Luce who pipes up and digs around in his bag for his pokeball, waving it excitedly. He jokes at her for a moment but is happy to trade with her to get her the Pokemon she so wants, and so they both step up to Champion Alec and hand over their pokeballs and trainer cards. He swipes both and makes the exchange, Cyndarin gaining her Cyndaquil at long last as Luce obtains a Pumpkaboo to call his very own. As Alec hands back the balls he sits against the machine once more, closing his eyes again. Strange, his Shaymin seems to be nowhere in sight...
    Ssaliss said:
    ... I dunno. Tremula never mentioned Shaymin and Luce in the same post, other than this one (and posts listing names):

As Cyndarin announces her desire for a Cyndaquil from somebody, anybody, it is Luce who pipes up and digs around in his bag for his pokeball, waving it excitedly. He jokes at her for a moment but is happy to trade with her to get her the Pokemon she so wants, and so they both step up to Champion Alec and hand over their pokeballs and trainer cards. He swipes both and makes the exchange, Cyndarin gaining her Cyndaquil at long last as Luce obtains a Pumpkaboo to call his very own. As Alec hands back the balls he sits against the machine once more, closing his eyes again. Strange, his Shaymin seems to be nowhere in sight...
    Shaymin seems to be nowhere in sight...

...because he's hiding in plain sight. As Luce...! ! ! 
  • I also always thought Alec did overreact a bit when he killed Kalaneya, but if Luce was Shaymin, then... yeah, I'd understand that reaction. Yikes.