the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    I slept uneasily through thoughts of waterlogged corpses floating in the sea, last night. It was likely just fluff, but it's not anything that's popped up in my night time routine before and with all the nightmare and dream-related Pokemon in canon I figured I'd cover my bases by mentioning it.

Hopefully I'm not having a prophetic vision of our death at sea if we fail to root out the killers before this countdown gets to zero. We're at five now, and still no real leads on what changes the number.
  • Thul said:

Also, anyone who targeted Vivet with an action two nights ago needs to speak up for me, because I got an unexpected result.
    *cough* I'm afraid that was me, actually. Or, rather, my Pokemon, Corsola.

Bubbles here can spread Spikes around a target and their Pokemon once every other night. These Spikes have the effect of deterring and damaging any Pokemon who would act offensively versus either the protected trainer or their Pokemon.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Ileein said:
    Well, once again my power provided almost nothing of use, but @Phoebus can hopefully confirm that my flavor matched up with hers. She set a timer for 500 seconds (or 8 minutes and 20 seconds?) and spent that time watching funny Pokemon videos on Pokemontube. When it was done, my gps readings for her went all over the ship for a while before pausing in one place for a few minutes, then going home and watching Rainy Mood and going to sleep. As you can see: I can tell she targeted someone, but not who. And the flavor implies she did some wandering before going to her ultimate target, but I can't say for certain.
    Ah, you posted while I was writing. Yes, that is all terribly correct, you sneaky spy. I was watching silly bird Pokemon videos to get my mind off my anxiety before I set out. I initially had some trouble finding the person I was checking up on, hence my grand journey, but eventually did reach them. I put on some rain sounds to help me get to sleep through my weird dead body thoughts.
  • Huh. Well, that's interesting, and I'm going to question your decision later, but that's not actually what the problem was.

@Ssaliss, two nights ago, did you try to target Vivet? Or absolutely anyone else, did you target Vivet?
  • Weird dead body thoughts are perfectly normal for people on cultist death boats. You should consider professional counseling; here's my card!
  • Two nights ago I investigated Kaimanahi, as I believe I already pointed out.
  • Ssaliss said:
    Two nights ago I investigated Kaimanahi, as I believe I already pointed out.
    Am I calculating this right? The night after Vivet came back from the dead, you didn't attempt to investigate her?
  • The last three nights were Kaimanahi (blocked, apparently), Kaimanahi (the night where she died) and x (who I'd rather not name at this point).
  • AKJDSKJFSA People keep screwing with my pokedex and my Quilava. THUL.
  • Mmm.

Okay, so on the night Vivet, former Lunala head, came back from the dead, brought back by Kalaneya, former Lunala strongman, I used Noctowl*'s ability on her, in hopes of catching information on anyone who targeted her. Last night, I reviewed the results. There was absolutely no mention of Vivet at all.

I suspected this meant that Vivet maintained a suite of night-immunity powers after death and resurrection, but now it appears possible that nobody actually targeted her in any way that I could view.
  • So... Who do we have as what at this point?

2. Dylara - Coroner
    3. Thul - ???
    6. Othero - Watcher
    8. Phoebus - Protector
    11. Allyrianne - ???
    12. Krackenor - Blocker
    13. Melali - Jailer/PPD
    14. Portius - Vigilante
    15. Kalaneya - ???
    16. Ssaliss - Investigator
    18. Cyndarin - Pokedex collector
    21. Vivet - Vanilla
    23. Cen - ???
    27. Ileein - Investigates pokedex

I'm sure there are other claims that slip my mind right now (didn't Kalaneya and Cen claim something?), so please comment on the missing ones or correct me if I'm wrong somewhere.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Pretty sure Kalaneya is deceased. Lynched her on page 101. Thul used his mayor power on page 103. Allyrianne is still unknown, unless I'm blind.

I want to say that Cen claimed to give pokemon XP as her night power, but I can't find and cite it.

Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Ah. Kalaneya was still listed on the first page. And yeah, that rings a bell on Cen. Pokemon daycare, right?
  • Kalaneya's dead. Was mafia strongman. Woman. She dramabombed on the way out. She's probably pissed you don't remember.

I'm the Mayor, owner of the world's most broken-ass Pokemon. Had the vote-power and the mod reveal to prove it.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I've updated the Page 1 list (much easier with formatting back) on a dead basis, some info missing to be filled in after work.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Is anyone able to confirm that? Have they been visited by Cen?
  • Also, no thoughts about silver eyes/silver light? I have a couple of guesses myself, but I'd rather not try to push something I'm far from certain on.
  • Ssaliss said:
    So... Who do we have as what at this point?

2. Dylara - Coroner
    3. Thul - ???
    6. Othero - Watcher
    8. Phoebus - Protector
    11. Allyrianne - ???
    12. Krackenor - Blocker
    13. Melali - Jailer/PPD
    14. Portius - Vigilante
    15. Kalaneya - ???
    16. Ssaliss - Investigator
    18. Cyndarin - Pokedex collector
    21. Vivet - Vanilla
    23. Cen - ???
    27. Ileein - Investigates pokedex

I'm sure there are other claims that slip my mind right now (didn't Kalaneya and Cen claim something?), so please comment on the missing ones or correct me if I'm wrong somewhere.
    I actually am a slightly differently-flavored Watcher, I tap into people's pokegears with admin privileges at night. Nothing to do with pokedexes at all!
  • Right, sorry; I actually meant pokegear, not pokedex. I was just trying to be short and to the point, heh, and "investigates pokegear" was shorter than "can tap into pokegear to see where people move and what they do".
  • Othero said:
    Is anyone able to confirm that? Have they been visited by Cen?
    Not exactly, but I did witness Cen arriving and playing with Lehki's Togepi back on night 3. As I recall, they claimed they were redirected?
  • I ask because I followed Cen 4 nights ago and saw him talking to Allyrianne and then Cyndarin's room but never saw anything about playing with pokemon.
  • So... Since no one else commented on the silver light/silver eyes, here's my theory:

We all know that Lunala's order was the victorious one between Lunala and Solgaleo. We also know that the Chosen can communicate with what's only been named "Mother" and "the Voice" so far. She is also relatively surrounded by silver references (a sterling beam and a bright flash of silver moonlight).

What I saw when I investigated was a silver flash being visible around the edges of the door, and when I entered, the person was unconscious from exertion. Peeling back the eyelid, the eyes were completely silvery.

This, I believe, points towards my target being the Chosen. My target was Allyrianne, which I'm not sure if Portius can confirm (I saw a doll of Portius sitting on her sink).

Because of this, I will Vote: Allyrianne.
  • Okay, so:

I believe the Lunala cult attempted to convert Portius last night. They also appeared to have three members as of the beginning of last night, one of whom I'm fairly certain was Lehki. The second was likely the Chosen One, and the third must have been someone converted. I'd guess Night 7, but Night 6 might also be a possibility. Unfortunately my eavesdropping equipment got completely fried the night Vivet got brought back, so I no longer have the voice recognition reliability I did back when we were dealing with two "cults."

I've spent most of the time we were on the train trying to play the two cults off of each other, by eavesdropping on first Solgaleo, then Lunala, and anonymously messaging the other Overlord about what I found. I'm the reason Vivet knew so much about Solgaleo, and the reason I've been so "persuaded" of Lehki's day immunity is that I overheard it.

I started out the game with a bug on Solgaleo's group pokegear chat, and an encrypted line to the Overseer of Lunala. I fed Vivet a story about being embedded in Lehki's group but really being in support of her. When Vivet died, I spent a night bugging Lunala's group pokegear chat, and establishing a secure encrypted line of communication with the Overlord of Solgaleo. When I was able to communicate, I told Lehki that I was a disaffected member of the following of Lunala, disappointed by her failure to protect her Overlord, and started feeding him information on Lunala. My guess is that I started with the bug on Solgaleo because Solgaleo also had access to Weiwae. I'd be interested in an autopsy of Weiwae, if we have the time, although I realise there are probably other priorities.

The way overhearing things worked: Roughly twice during the night phases Tremula would send me a list of slightly garbled messages. I always knew who was linked into the network, but when potential actions were described, I had no real way of knowing if they were what was ultimately finalised or not.

It was made very clear to me that directly revealing any of this information during the day would put the groups on high alert, and negate my ability to get any further information, with potential additional dire consequences. I'm revealing it now because, as opposed to the previous day, I have something potentially worth sharing, and because I highly doubt I can continue to get away with flying under the radar as I was p

Three nights ago, my equipment short-circuited, and I lost my previously established lines of communication. Two nights ago, I spent the evening trying to tap into the new Lunala group. 

So far as I can determine, despite the name "Cult" the only form of recruitment attempted by Solgaleo for the first couple of nights was a message to the Chosen One that was sent on Night 2 to try to persuade the Chosen One to join them. This message apparently used creepy spiritual methods rather than good old pokegear, so unfortunately I had no way of tracing it. When I started tapping Lunala's communications, they consistently remained at Silvanus and Kalaneya.

I don't really have information about Night 6. Since it was just Kalaneya, presumably there wasn't anything to overhear until everything shorted, which I assume was when the Chosen One joined Kalaneya.

Unfortunately, I don't know the Chosen One's identity. What I overheard did seem to suggest that the Chosen One would appear town until their joining was "Official". I don't know if that means that the Chosen One could have been paired by Luce prior to Night 6 successfully.
  • ... So. @Portius, do you know anything about that doll of yours at Allyrianne's, or might that even be a sign of them trying to recruit you?
  • Erk, missed the previous two posts while typing my monster. I'm dealing with faulty equipment and creepy supernatural stuff that doesn't like me eavesdropping, so yeah, it's been going... not great physically for the past few nights. I got hit with a silver flash and passed out in my flavour message, although my equipment seemed to have survived so far, so I'm considering that a win for gerry rigged mechanisms.
    It's my Haunter's doll. Same doll that has been with Sylandra, Lehki, and Melali.

I'm just gonna go ahead and explain what it does now, since it's never going to trigger and getting it straight is important. It redirects any hostile actions taken against me to that person. So if the mafia tried to kill me last night, they would've gotten Allyrianne.

On the nights that I've had two people that I thought were worth killing, I put the doll on whichever one I didn't target. Never put it on the primary target because I was worried that my vigkill would prevent the doll from triggering. When I didn't have a secondary target, I put it on someone who I suspected could tank the hit harmlessly. When I put it on Sylandra, it was because she had claimed kill immunity and I figured she could share it, not because I thought she was scum. Similar deal with Melali, since she claimed that she protected herself along with her jailing target way back at the start of the game. She's be safe (I think) if she jailed someone, but not if she didn't. Which would've been a way to test her claim when I was suspecting her.

Lehki and Allyrianne were both in the hope that the mafia would target me and trigger it, based on suspicions during that night phase.
  • My guess is that the cult tried to knock Portius out for some reason (one of their pokemon powers?), and hit me instead? So maybe they changed their conversion target, and I didn't overhear it because I was unconscious.

*goes back to reanalyze her flavour message*
  • Okay. Either way, I'm not exactly buying into Allyrianne's story myself, so my vote stays for now at least. It seems odd that I didn't find anything related to any gerry rigged mechanisms when I investigated her room; I would've expected to find some kind of evidence of any listening devices, but nothing.
  • Thul said:
    Krackenor said:
    I was made amnesiac
    Did you try to block me? >_> I really hope not.
    I did
    Also, I can change my Haunter's target whenever I want. I just have to do it in public if it's during the day phase. I don't know if this comes with enough flavor text to verify my claim or not, but it's worth a try.

Haunter, use Substitute on Cen!