the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Death sure can put you out of the loop. I guess all that's left now is to wait on Allyrianne.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    P.S., can we lock Noctowl in a closet, or something? Aeon is the worst and most awful thing to have in a Mafia game, and I was hoping we'd never see it again after the Night Vale Mafia. I wasn't even playing that one and I still hated it for existing, much like I hate actual aeon for existing.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I get called he and then she the next post. I just imagine myself in Victor/Victoria make-up cackling at all a là Frank-n-Furter.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Phoebus said:

P.S., can we lock Noctowl in a closet, or something? Aeon is the worst and most awful thing to have in a Mafia game, and I was hoping we'd never see it again after the Night Vale Mafia. I wasn't even playing that one and I still hated it for existing, much like I hate actual aeon for existing.

At least there's no choke.
    Vivet said:

@Kaimanahi would beg to differ.

• Tremula said:

Vivet said:

@Kaimanahi would beg to differ.
    I see what you did there. ;))

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

Hmm. Tangent.

It is unclear to me what the "lover's quarrel" is that Ileein has claimed being privy to, and the specifics behind it.

We seem to have rather let it slip away, or I'm just dense and didn't read into it properly.

Ileein's claim is that, from his perspective, it appeared to be between Krackenor and Kaimanahi. But Krackenor is paired with Ssaliss? Additionally, Krackenor's reply is suggestive that Kaimanahi was just the target of his night action. Ssaliss has been similarly indirect with what was going on, but also targetted Kaimanahi?

Do we have a soap on our hands?

Nevermind the fact that Kaimanahi was killed by Portius and the investigation was disrupted by Thul...

• I'm not sure if it's what was termed a "lover's quarrel", but there was a... discussion whether or not this was our own feelings or something that Luce "implanted" into us. That being said, we both went to Kaimanahi's quarters at the same time, so I'm fairly sure there wasn't anything between Krackenor and Kaimanahi. What I can find Ileein saying is:
    last night I watched Krackenor have a lovers' quarrel and then go to Kaimanahi's car and find her dead
    So nothing about Kaimanahi being involved in the quarrel.
  • (oh, and for the record, @Tremula, I'm perfectly fine with the soap-opera developing here :D )
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    (I provide the Destiny, you provide the Knot ) O:-)
    Okay. I thought that was the general gist of it, but confirmation is always appreciated.
  • Vivet said:

Hmm. Tangent.

It is unclear to me what the "lover's quarrel" is that Ileein has claimed being privy to, and the specifics behind it.

We seem to have rather let it slip away, or I'm just dense and didn't read into it properly.

Ileein's claim is that, from his perspective, it appeared to be between Krackenor and Kaimanahi. But Krackenor is paired with Ssaliss? Additionally, Krackenor's reply is suggestive that Kaimanahi was just the target of his night action. Ssaliss has been similarly indirect with what was going on, but also targetted Kaimanahi?

Do we have a soap on our hands?

Nevermind the fact that Kaimanahi was killed by Portius and the investigation was disrupted by Thul...

Yeah, the impression I got was that Krackenor quarreled with their lover (who wasn't named in my message, so I blanked and assumed it'd been Kaimanahi because that was the only person the message mentioned by name), then went to Kaimanahi's car. When I went back and looked, I realized Krackenor had been paired with Ssaliss, and the phrasing of the message was just ambiguous. Sorry I'm bad at keeping up with who's dating who these days! I swear, this train...
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
    edited August 2016
    *ahem* Unfortunately I have real life responsibilities now, so if you people kill each other while I'm at work I won't be able to update immediately. Also, we left the train behind. Now...

• So, while we're waiting for Allyrianne to say something, who wants to play "what the heck was Kaimanahi doing?"

So, if I've got the right role here, Kaimanahi could pick a person and make them activate their power on somebody. I'm assuming it's their personal power and not their Pokemon power.

So, I blocked Kaimanahi two nights ago. Last night, I let it through. In retrospect, I should've been more suspicious of any activity involving dolls, which are always evil, but the line I got in my list of things to yay/nay looked innocent enough. Felt really stupid with the death reveal.

So, she was effectively blocked two nights ago, and I think there was a block the night before that. So, potentially she got two activations last night? Anyone have any odd doll-related effects to report? Portius, did you actually intend to murder Kaimanahi last night?
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Yes. She was my intended target.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
    I never saw or experienced anything with dolls, for what little that is worth.
  • The only thing she might've done to me was that I intended to investigate Krackenor on night two, and I ended up investigating Othero instead. No dolls or anything like that were involved though as far as I could see, although perhaps we wouldn't be aware of her using the dolls.
  • Wait, Thul, you're a blocker?
  • Krackenor said:

Wait, Thul, you're a blocker?

Noctowl is the ultimate combo power Pokemon. See giant roleclaim post for details.

I won't lie, I expect the post-game commentary to be filled with some especially bitter feedback regarding balance and mechanics.
    Yeah. Noctowl seems to be more singularly powerful than any actual role. And then we have pokémon that only block people from posting for 20-30 posts. It's a lot to take in.
  • Man. I feel severely underpowered in this game. :(

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

Dylara said:

Man. I feel severely underpowered in this game. :(

Look on the bright side, you got one up on me. I'm just all wickedly ridiculous flavour.
  • To add to the theorizing about lovers quarrels, my flavor text with Phoebus was the same. We wondered if our love was real or not. So it was probably just fluff.
  • Or we're going to split up and become 4th and 5th parties
  • Othero said:

To add to the theorizing about lovers quarrels, my flavor text with Phoebus was the same. We wondered if our love was real or not. So it was probably just fluff.

Ooor, somebody in each team has been recruited to cult and it is causing turmoil in the relationships.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Lehki said:

Othero said:

To add to the theorizing about lovers quarrels, my flavor text with Phoebus was the same. We wondered if our love was real or not. So it was probably just fluff.

Ooor, somebody in each team has been recruited to cult and it is causing turmoil in the relationships.
    That was my concern. I've been taking Luce's couples as safe, but there's no reason they couldn't recruit from them. We'd be fine if it broke up the couple, since the other one would still be clean and could let us know. But if it maintains the couple without warning anyone, then a lot of our data becomes unreliable. It's a thing to consider.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
    Thul said:

So, while we're waiting for Allyrianne to say something, who wants to play "what the heck was Kaimanahi doing?"

Getting back to this, I've been aggressively sifting through old posts for anything relevant as time allows. Back on July 31st, on what happens to be page 94 of this thread (for me), I found this:

Someone or something took control of me and attempted to make me attack another person, who I'd prefer not to name for a variety of reasons unless they're willing to out themselves.

Luckily for several reasons they chose their tool and their target poorly.

It was somewhat similar to what I felt Night 2, but that time I was just walked into the wall repeatedly and I didn't end up doing anything. I suspect that that time it was a pretty straightforward redirect, and I'm pretty sure it was the zoruark thing with something like Night Daze. (And the same thing that happened to Cen Night 1 and Night 3)

The similarity in sensation does make me think it's another pokemon that's recently evolved some power that can control people and make them perform an action or attack. I don't know enough pokemon lore to even begin to suggest what power that might be or who might have access to it.

That's all I've seen.

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Lehki said:

Othero said:

Hey, after our melodramatic wondering, we pretty much decided our love was real and swore to power through our doubts by kissing more once we got out of this alive. I think it was just thrown in there for drama's sake after Luce died. Because, much like the Champion's self-centered nature, tragedy has to be about how it inconveniences us, not about the actually dead person. Like, be sad about the fact that the person who matched you is dead, mourn your friend, don't get sad about the fact that him being dead might mean your love isn't true (haha what.) For serious.

But I'm 'bout to call off this relationship if you don't stop calling me "Phoeb" in our interactions that you can't control, Othero. I hate that. Flavor-text-you should know better. [-(
  • Oh my god I've never seen Phoeb in my text. It's like I'm dating one of the F.R.I.E.N.D.S