the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• I'll wait until she claims to confirm that is what she told me, but she is suspicious. During our talk, which should have been a safe place to speak for any Town, she had very little to say and didn't ask me anything.

Also, I failed to jail Thul, also because of amnesia. You know, he might be the Chosen. In Portius's reasoning, he doesn't give a reason to not suspect Thul.

Anyway, I'm still a member of the PPD, with the badge to show it. If someone wants to be jailed tonight, I can have the mod confirm that I have a badge since it's pay off the flavor of the jailing. Other than that, though, I'm not sure how to confirm that I'm still Town.
  • Lehki said:

On Luce's power, I would guess that 3p would not match with another 3p with a separate win condition, so don't think the mismatches on Dylara or Thul tell us anything

Dylara and Allyriane haven't really given us anything all game, only Dylara did claim 3p at one point.

Thul it's hard to tell. I don't think he's provided anything besides that he accidentally saved me one night with an aeon power he didn't know he had, and that he has some weird nature that would have made Luce's power(and presumably other powers?) fail on him. Is he actually a Dialga in disguise?

FYI I never claimed third party, everyone else said I was. I'm at work, like always the weekends are horrible for me and this one especially. I'll reply more when I'm home. JuSt wanted to clarify.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Alright, I'm inclined to class Melali as probably town. If there aren't any gaps in the jailing record, then there's not much of a basis for suspicion. You may or may not have the doll tomorrow night depending on how today goes, but either way it shouldn't hurt you.

Re: Thul, I'm open to suspecting him. I found so little information that involved him that I couldn't really draw conclusions.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Ok if people insist I will claim when I get home. Melali had devised a way to confirm it based on an action I van take at night. It's just difficult to explaun on my phone.

I am 100% town is honestly the easiest way of saying it until I'm home.

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Er in case nit clear I was jailed by Melali last night.

• Yeah I wanna trust Melali. All 3 being in cahoots is probably like Ushaara-level theorizing anyway.

Dylara and Thul are at the top of my list atm. The former because of Melali's report and the lack of mafia kill. The latter mostly because I feel unconditional night immunity is pretty damning, based on my ToS experience.

I also feel that Lehki is probably a solid third option if we have no other roads to follow. But by all appearances he's no longer a pronounced threat even if he's still scum, so I'd rate this at a low preference. I do trust your judgement, Portius! But I'm also leery of relying on flavour text.
  • Also, on further thought, if either of the two are mafia, I think Thul is more likely to be the Chosen, and Dylara to be a grunt. Mafia godfathers don't perform their own kills and have night immunity (or day immunity, in Lehki's case). So that places Thul a little higher in priority.
  • Cen said:

Also, on further thought, if either of the two are mafia, I think Thul is more likely to be the Chosen, and Dylara to be a grunt. Mafia godfathers don't perform their own kills and have night immunity (or day immunity, in Lehki's case). So that places Thul a little higher in priority.

I am inclined to agree. One could be a block, two could be coincidence, three seems a little too much like a pattern. Thul's at the top of my list. He's also been pretty quiet overall, I think, and has displayed no signs of having a power or using night actions-- odd, in a game where everyone seems to have a power of some sort.

FOS Thul
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • Vote Thul

At least three confirmed night actions have failed against Thul, and given what we know of the cults, it's enough for me to believe he's one of Lunala's
  • I didn't realize Luce's power also roleblocked, it didn't interfere with me the night Ushaara and I matched. Although neither did Krackenor so okay.

I have a bit of a wild theory that I've been hesitant to mention until some kind of substantial evidence came up, because wild theories that turn out wrong are probably a great way to get myself killed right now. But it could kind of fit in with Portius thinking. Alternately it could also point at Portius. I only got a few minutes left on my break though so I'll be brief.

Basically, if there are cult conversions happening, I don't think they started until The Chosen came to power, because that's not something my scum had. So I was trying to look if there's anybody that might have lost their night actions upon being recruited since then. While also trying to figure who would be likely targets for recruitment.

I think there's a few people sort of fitting into this, but only circumstantialy so far. So I'm not gonna point any fingers until there's something stronger. Also I'll point out that I fit this theory to, given that I admitted to losing my power, on the night in question.
  • Back from the water park, and... crap.

Was hoping to save this for a later turn, but eh, I feel I owe some explanations by this point.

----

I respect Krackenor's logic, and do understand his reservations about me. However, I am not a cultist or any sort of mafia scum. I am merely the wielder of the most hilariously, unforgivably broken-ass Pokemon ever conceived.

If that picture didn't show up, pretend there's a Noctowl there. Smoking a cigar and surrounded by ladies who want him, but who he does not respect.

My buddy Noctowl's ability is Foresight. When used, actions taken on the target (and, as I discovered one night AFTER Hoothoot evolved,) actions taken by the target fail, or more accurately, are delayed. It works on things like Rolsand's Earthquake, Melali's jail power, and Zoroark trying to slit my throat in the middle of the night. This is really nifty, but this is not where the fun stops. Pay attention to this next part.

The night following the one where actions occur, I get to look them over, see who did what to my target, what my target did, and decide which of those actions go through. So Noctowl's power is combination protection/blocking/information gathering.

So... how have I been using this power? Badly, probably. Up until Hoothoot evolved, I couldn't do this to multiple targets, so I was spam protecting myself. Noctowl can do multiple targets, which is where the screwery started. I tried to protect Portius on night 5, which is where I discovered that it doesn't just protect non-me people, but also delays their action as well. Night 6, I hit Kaimanahi, inadvertently disrupting Ssaliss's investigation, and I assume that there's nothing new to report today, he investigated Vivet, who I targeted to stop a potential kill, and for seeing what hilarious wad of actions befell the resurrected mafia godfather last night. I'm sure I'll have some hilarious info come tomorrow.

P.S., thanks for ducking out, @Kalaneya. You were the only conceivable thing on the board I feared.

----

So now that you're all flipping your tables and prepping your exit posts since I've already won the Pokemon lottery, some of you are wondering who the hell it is that's carting this thing around. Is it a mafioso? Is it a cultist? Is it another third-party role Tremula found in the Bad Idea Bucket? And to you people I say, "Do you not know who I am?"

Do you not recognize this wizened face, this glorious mustache, this rippling wall of abs? Do you not remember when the Pokemon Council presented me to you as your leader, your guide, your guardian? Do I need to piledrive a Sharpedo onto the deck of this ship to jog your memories?

I.

Am.

YOUR.

MAYOR!

----

@Tremula: *REVEAL SEAL*
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    As you all stare at Thul's sudden need to rip off his shirt and flex his muscles for all to see, he surprises you further by pulling a small coronet from a hidden pocket and affixing it to his head. A golden medal with his seal of office hangs down for all to see in the centre of his face.

For the rest of the day, Thul's vote will count for TWO instead of one.

Thul's smile fades as he notices you all still staring, and he pulls off his seal and looks at it, the colour draining from his face. What you all saw is now clearly visible to him, a smearing of oil on the surface of the medallion clearly marking the number '6'. Irritated, he scoffs and rubs it off on his trousers before affixing it once more, but unease spreads through you all as you contemplate the meaning of this new revelation.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Stellar reveal post. Definitely worth the extra vote weight, Mr. Mayor.

So, with Thul definitively removed from suspicion, let's hear this arrangement @Dylara cooked up to prove their innocence.
  • I watched Lehki last night. Probably not the best use of the power but I didn't 100% trust the idea that he was just vanilla town. He never left his cabin or did anything so I have to assume town.
  • Unvote
    Vote Dylara

No mercy, get lynchin'
  • Othero said:

I watched Lehki last night. Probably not the best use of the power but I didn't 100% trust the idea that he was just vanilla town. He never left his cabin or did anything so I have to assume town.

He's always claimed that neither he nor his Pokemon needed to leave the cabin
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Something I've been wondering, forgive me if I've missed a reveal or forgotten this over time, I don't have the time to go back and comb the thread for info at the moment.

Besides that she has a Mawile, what do we know about Allyrianne? The amount of times I've overlooked her presence sets off alarm bells in my head, and I'm having trouble thinking of any unaccounted-for powerful town roles that would justify such secrecy and under-the-radar-flying. Does anyone know anything?
  • Krackenor said:

Unvote
    Vote Dylara

No mercy, get lynchin'

Man at least let me get home and claim. :(

• Othero said:

I watched Lehki last night. Probably not the best use of the power but I didn't 100% trust the idea that he was just vanilla town. He never left his cabin or did anything so I have to assume town.

I'm not vanilla town, I'm a survivor. Vivet is The vanilla town. I'm also spiteful and would much rather see Lunaala lose now after the Chosen picked them over me when I'm clearly invincible. Like how am I still alive.

Also @Krackenor, my power, besides the day immunity, was sending a message to the Chosen every other night, and it was completely unlockable and I'm fairly sure undetectable. It even beat Luce's crazy sleep ability that his Gourgiest had, which I'm told would have prevented me from talking to my team at nigh if there was anybody left to talk to that night he hit me with it.

I think Metronome got past you that night because of the specific ability it picked, which was Victini's healing ability. Egbert just launched the blazing V out of the room. I suspect if it had used a more direct ability like bubble beam or confuse ray that the block might have worked.
  • Thul said:

Back from the water park, and... ABS FOOLS.

*slow ghost clap*
  • Phoebus said:

Something I've been wondering, forgive me if I've missed a reveal or forgotten this over time, I don't have the time to go back and comb the thread for info at the moment.

Besides that she has a Mawile, what do we know about Allyrianne? The amount of times I've overlooked her presence sets off alarm bells in my head, and I'm having trouble thinking of any unaccounted-for powerful town roles that would justify such secrecy and under-the-radar-flying. Does anyone know anything?

This is definitely something I want to come back to. I honestly can't think of anything that's been revealed about her. But first, hurry up with that claim Dylara!
  • Alrighty, so last night I was in the interrogation room with Melali. Even if I had not been in the interrogation room, it is unlikely I would have even left my own room to do anything. The reason being is my night power is limited, I may only perform it once every other day. My power is that I may autopsy the dead (imagine my god damn surprise when Vivet was walking around, do you like your stitches? I do try and be respectful to the bodies, but I don't really expect them to get up and start walking again afterwards). Melali asked me to autopsy a specific person tonight, should I survive the day of course, he may change his mind on who I should autopsy, if he does he will state my name, then the name of the person I should autopsy.

Who am I? I am a Medium of the Lavander Tower, caretaker of the dead and a fairly decent coroner if I say so myself (wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Coroner ) (I need an assistant Alec, couldn't you have asked for two of us to come?). This trip has been pretty rife with the dead, making my job difficult as I seriously cannot keep up with all the corpses that have been piling up. The Champion, Alec, asked that Lavender Town send someone who could ensure the proper respects were pain on our trip during our colonization of the new region. My life does not revolve completely on death, I enjoy the joys of life as well, while living in Kanto I helped ensure that many pokemon found loving homes before leaving on my trip. Alec appears to be competent and caring with the pokemon who have survived the demise of their trainers, so I am content in leaving him in charge of it and have no actual part of it on this trip.

People can be uneasy around me I suppose, nobody likes the caretakers of the dead and many people are afraid of Lavender Tower and also the mediums there due to the ghost pokemon and the unease of it being a graveyard. It was my home, and I loved the eerie mist filled town so, but duty calls.

As you know, I started this journey with my little Zubat (he could use supersonic during the day which confused whoever it was aimed at, pokemon or person) but happily gave him a home with Alec and took in the poor abandoned Turtwig (who had a 50/50 chance of putting people to sleep for 30 posts) who has since become a Grotle. Grotle is capable of protecting me during the day for a duration of 50 posts should I ask him to, in exchange I am unable to talk or vote during this time.

So to sum up, the TL:DR version:

I am a Medium of Lavender Tower (and Town!).

I am the Coroner of this expedition, the Autopsy can only be done once every other night.

I currently have a Grotle who may protect me for 50 posts at the cost of me being unable to post or vote for 50 posts.

I have only used my ability once, on Vivet.

This is my report, you may remember it posted at the beginning of Day 3 (forums.lusternia.com/discussion/comment/137551/#Comment_137551 ).

ATTN: ALL

MEDICAL REPORT ON THE BODY OF VIVET

THE BODY OF VIVET WAS DISCOVERED TO HAVE INCREASING AMOUNTS OF RADIATION SIMILAR TO THOSE RECENTLY DISCOVERED TO HAVE SPENT INCREDIBLE AMOUNTS OF TIME IN MT. MOON, BELIEVED TO COME FROM MOONSTONES. NEAT AND WELL MAINTAINED INTERNAL ORGANS SHOW THAT FASTIDIOUS AMOUNTS OF DETAIL WERE PAID TO PERSONAL HEALTH, AND REVEALS THAT THEY LIKELY WERE A CONTROLLING PERSONALITY. HER NAILS HAD DRIED FLECKS OF BLOOD NEAR THE CUTICLES, HINTING AT A VIOLENT NATURE. HER LEFT HAND CURLED REFLEXIVELY INTO THE FORM ONE USES TO TALK ON A POKEGEAR.

WITH THE ABOVE INFORMATION, IT IS SAFE TO ASSUME THAT:

VIVET IS IN CHARGE OF OTHERS.
    VIVET WAS EXPOSED TO INCREDIBLE AMOUNTS OF MOONLIGHT.
    VIVET WAS VIOLENT.
    VIVET SPENT MUCH OF HER TIME ON HER POKEGEAR.

--M. LAVENDER.

(Vivet, you're so high maintenance it seems)

Last night I was interrogated by Melali.

I win with the town, with the Champion.

(I'm not very good at dramatic reveals I guess?)

• Ileein said:

Phoebus said:

This is definitely something I want to come back to. I honestly can't think of anything that's been revealed about her. But first, hurry up with that claim Dylara!
    Reveal posts take time. :<

• I suppose my first question is, why haven't you used your ability more frequently than just once?
  • Because I've been worried that I'd use it, someone important would come up and I'd have to wait (or I've completely missed nights due to RL). It's not like the reports are super revealing, we know what the person is on their deaths, my reports just gives more info about the role.

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals

+1 to Thul for being PokéHaggar. Made me smile.
    Dylara said:

My power is that I may autopsy the dead (imagine my god damn surprise when Vivet was walking around, do you like your stitches? I do try and be respectful to the bodies, but I don't really expect them to get up and start walking again afterwards)...

(Vivet, you're so high maintenance it seems)

Well, since you've mentioned all these things, I'd like to point out that they tie in nicely with all the flavour I've been getting otherwise. Tremula does seem to want to inject some vanity into my trainer-avatar, and this was actually a focal point for me last night. I didn't sleep much at all, and spent most of my time in front of the mirror, fussing over how to hide my unnaturally sunken features and wondering whether or not the bluish tinge will ever leave my complexion. Naturally, I don't enjoy the stitches at all, but I wouldn't regardless of how skillfully you handled them.

If you all can't easily perceive these things, then I suppose my make-up is doing its work.

That said, you are strictly a coroner, correct? "Medium" gets confusing since there is also a medium role, which can talk to the dead - potentially highly useful - but there seems to be a bit of a blur here.
  • Where are the rest of your reports?
  • Strictly a Coroner, Medium is just the flavour to go with it.

Also, one thing to note is I can only autopsy the dead (the living would put up a lot of fuss if I tried I guess), which means Salome and Ushaara were out of my hands. Would have loooooved to have gotten a hold of their corpses.

Grumble.

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    You know, I do have to wonder why exactly some people die and some are just incarcerated. It feels like it is random - I suppose that's just one more random factor we've got afoot.