the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• Thul said:

I'm uncertain about Ileein and Dylara still, but I'd like Allyrianne to say something.

If necessary, I can always prove my claim by watching someone who is confirmed town, but I'd prefer to be able to use my power to try and suss out suspicious characters.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Something just occurred to me - I have no idea what Phoebus does, or what her roleclaim has been. Maybe I missed it, but considering her presence relative to others, it seems odd that it has slipped by. Can anyone refresh my memory?
  • Vivet said:

Something just occurred to me - I have no idea what Phoebus does, or what her roleclaim has been. Maybe I missed it, but considering her presence relative to others, it seems odd that it has slipped by. Can anyone refresh my memory?

Silvanus outed her as doctor before he got killed.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Oooh, okay. I just kind of skimmed that mess myself, oops.
  • Ileein said:

Thul said:

I'm uncertain about Ileein and Dylara still, but I'd like Allyrianne to say something.

If necessary, I can always prove my claim by watching someone who is confirmed town, but I'd prefer to be able to use my power to try and suss out suspicious characters.
    You tried me last night? I should be able to verify one way or another tomorrow.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I can't link to the exact comment, but it's worth noting:

Something in my computer literally just fried, not sure what yet, because I am too distraught to look plus it's still cooling off.

Tried getting on laptop, found out that the fan isn't working, and it really doesn't want to turn on.

I do not have the time or the energy for this right now. Plus the normal moral support/hardware handler is out of town and will continue to be so for the next week. I can probably keep up with the forums, but not Lusternia for the near future.

Of course continue the game as normal, but please do note that you can use all of your time in the day phase without penalty.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Thul said:

Ileein said:

Thul said:

You tried me last night? I should be able to verify one way or another tomorrow.
    Was three nights ago. Followed by Lehki two nights ago and Krackenor last night.
  • Ileein said:

Thul said:

Ileein said:

Thul said:

Was three nights ago. Followed by Lehki two nights ago and Krackenor last night.
    Oh, cool. In that case I cannot verify your claim, and consequently find you suspect as all hell now.

FoS: Ileein.
  • On review... maybe not so surprising. I don't leave my room to use my ability, which means that the ability described wouldn't have picked up anything. So I can neither confirm nor deny @Ileein's power.
  • If you'd like further backup, I can describe what happened to Lehki on the night I watched him first (four nights ago, when he was a major target of suspicion for Town):

- He sent a message to one of his cult contacts ordering them to kill Melali, something that didn't end up happening thanks to Melali's night immunity when jailing;
    - There was a message indicating ghost activity near the Pokegear;
    - his Tokepi was both paralyzed and poisoned;
    - and Cen showed up in his car to play with his Togepi.

Remember that the first night I was jailed and unable to act, the second night I saw Rolsand put the doll in Cyndarin's room, the third night I saw all the above stuff with Lehki, the fourth night I watched you (and got nothing for my troubles), the fifth night I watched Lehki play games and do nothing all night, and last night I watched Krackenor have a lovers' quarrel and then go to Kaimanahi's car and find her dead.
  • And again, I'm willing to spend time watching someone who can confirm what I saw, with the caveat that doing so will mean I can't spend time watching someone we can't trust completely.
  • Ileein said:

And again, I'm willing to spend time watching someone who can confirm what I saw, with the caveat that doing so will mean I can't spend time watching someone we can't trust completely.

I mean, do whatever. If you're planning to do that as a gesture of good faith, Phoebus might make for a good target, though. Vaguely surprised that she hasn't died horribly after being fingered as a doctor (though, by Silvanus, which is... a bit suspect, thinking about it.) So if she's doing something funny, you'll know about it. And if she's legit, hey, you have a chance to see who comes after her if she's marked for death.

Depending on what happens today and tonight, though, I might end up slapping you with a delay.
  • I'm suspicious because why would we have two town aligned watchers. It would make more sense for you to be a mafia watcher. I can confirm that you're a watcher, I poisoned Togepi that night.
  • Othero said:

I'm suspicious because why would we have two town aligned watchers. It would make more sense for you to be a mafia watcher. I can confirm that you're a watcher, I poisoned Togepi that night.

I've hardly been watching the right people if I was a mafia watcher!
  • I'm pretty sure every bit of info Ileein just mentioned about me was already reported in the thread. I know somebody had mentioned hitting togepi with poison already, and pretty sure Portius talked about using his ghastly to paralyze togepi.

She was able to provide that Krackenor targeted Kaimanahi before he mentioned it though
  • Mhmm, you are right. I did tell the thread about the poison. I forgot about that to be honest.
  • Lehki said:

I'm pretty sure every bit of info Ileein just mentioned about me was already reported in the thread. I know somebody had mentioned hitting togepi with poison already, and pretty sure Portius talked about using his ghastly to paralyze togepi.

She was able to provide that Krackenor targeted Kaimanahi before he mentioned it though

I don't recall Portius mentioning the paralysis, but it's possible you're right! Regardless, I've provided pretty much all the info I'm able to at this point, and my power as watcher is pretty fairly confirmed. If y'all want to insist, on no hard evidence, that I'm mafia, that's on you. I think there are enough roles around to confirm my innocence in this matter, however, and Melali can confirm that I've been up front and honest the entire time.
  • Also she missed that Togepi also had confusion that night. Though I'm not sure that one counts as a status effect in the same way as poison and paralyze do. Can't remember if Luce ever mentioned that he used pumpkaboo on togepi that night.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Ileein said:

Lehki said:

I don't recall Portius mentioning the paralysis,

Can confirm that my Gastly dished out paralysis until it evolved. Haunter can't do it, though.

Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • A bunch of pokemon types, I've got a ways to go.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Lehki said:

Vivet said:

Silvanus outed her as doctor before he got killed.
    Yep. I have indirectly confirmed that since then, so it won't hurt for me to directly say that this is correct. After plugging up Othero's stab wound, my office has been more like this, though.

I'm not even trained to work on people, dangit. It's a miracle I saved a human with a punctured lung on my first try. I imagined his respiratory system was Drifloons, so I probably left an X-shaped bandaid on him somewhere in there. Please try to get injured in a location I can mentally replace with Pokemon if you ever require medical attention.

I'm really surprised I haven't died yet! My best guess is they're afraid of the fact that an outed doctor is a prime target for keeping an eye on, and don't want to get busted doing me in. Not to mention a confirmed watcher is stuck to me like glue thanks to Luce, and it's likely he'd notice if we stopped making moon-eyes at each other long enough for me to get stabbed. Or they've realized I'm 90% incompetent and consider me to be a lesser threat. I hope the murderers continue to be deterred, in any case.

But what I just can't figure out is, well...If the Mooninites knew I was a doctor for such a long time, how come they never killed me? :-/
  • I'll probably just keep kissing your corpse if they kill you
    Othero said:

I'll probably just keep kissing your corpse if they kill you

God, probably. 8-|
  • Uh. No kissing during the autopsy if that happens. Just saying.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Phoebus said:

But what I just can't figure out is, well...If the Mooninites knew I was a doctor for such a long time, how come they never killed me? :-/

My theory was that Silvanus found out you were the doctor the night before you died, and him revealing you as doctor was his way of sharing his find with the rest of the scum.
  • Ssaliss said:

Phoebus said:

My theory was that Silvanus found out you were the doctor the night before you died, and him revealing you as doctor was his way of sharing his find with the rest of the scum.
    This was we planned to have Ushaara do when it looked like she was going to get lynched, but then then she went and got busy and didn't get a chance to say it before she got lynched. Incidentally she had investigated Phoebus as well that day.

However back on day 2.
    Silvanus said:

On night 2, I investigated the town doctor who was attending to a screaming patient, I can reveal the name to prove myself, but I would rather not give out more info than needed.

Ssaliss said:

Phoebus said:

He said he knew who the doctor was much earlier than that. I was actually suspicious of him as soon as he'd made that claim, but I was thinking that he wasn't actually an investigator and was hiding behind a convenient claim we couldn't ask him to prove, not that he actually did know and was a bad guy, haha.
    PSA:
    Ushaara's a dude.
    Ileein's a man.
    Lehki's a guy.
    Melali is Male-ali.
    Luce is not a lady.

Why is everyone "she" this game.
  • Because a lot of those names are feminine sounding in english? This is why I just use the singular they.
  • Not me! I'm always a he for some reason.

But it's cool, I don't mind. Perfectly comfortable with whatever pronoun you're all comfortable using.