the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• I wonder if you have to be alive at the end of the game to actually win.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I'd lol. Hell, I'm still lol'ing right now.
  • Well I can kill her steel type and we can just murder Sylandra to prevent her win.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances

Well I can kill her steel type and we can just murder Sylandra to prevent her win.

You can't. Once the lynch is final, no further actions can be taken, as per the rules.
  • I think she means if Sylandra isn't gone because of this win

Lehki said:

I think she means if Sylandra isn't gone because of this win

Oh. This is an incorrect assumption. It was previously stated that third parties who accomplish their win condition peace out from the game once they do.
  • I've never been so hype in my life
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    edited August 2016
    Vote Count -

Kalaneya: 10 (Sylandra, Dylara, Cen, Portius, Kalaneya, Thul, Cyndarin, Lehki, Ileein, Allyrianne)

That's a lynch! Stand by for murderpost.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    Kalaneya said:

I've never been so hype in my life

I have to say the opposite, unfortunately. I mentally checked out of this game once Silvanus revealed me and then quit. I'm just going through the motions, at this point. :-<
  • If my lynch with Syl's exit doesn't look exactly like this:
    I'm calling this a failed game

I'm Fabio look-alike on the right
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Lol y'all I'm bouncing. I'm out. Aegislash and I are blasting off again. Consider me off the game board as of the lynch.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Phoebus said:

Kalaneya said:

I've never been so hype in my life

I have to say the opposite, unfortunately. I mentally checked out of this game once Silvanus revealed me and then quit. I'm just going through the motions, at this point. :-<
    Pfft

I was literally confirmed scum by Tremula and had fun on this day. You can still have fun! :D

actually let me get the Squirtle Squad deal-with-it as part of my lynch, fuck Sylandra
  • What.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

I'm going to be That Guy here for a moment and gently remind that f-bombs and foul language in general are against the rules on the forums. Seems like that's been forgotten in this thread recently, and I'd rather not see people's warning levels raised over it.
    edited August 2016
    As you all gape in shock at the revelations of Lunala's murderess and Sylandra's joyous cries of victory, Alec raises a hand for silence. While it grows slowly, eventually the lack of noise rises until it is complete, all eyes on his while his coolly stare down Kalaneya. "You killed him." He clenches his fists in tight balls, reaching for a sword that is no longer hanging at his waist.

Kalaneya's eyes widen in shock as she notices, and she turns to begin running inland. Alec's bloodshot eyes narrow in concentration as he roughly grabs the harpoon from Portius and takes a running start after her. A few steps after he has begun, he heaves the weapon through the air, and with all the accuracy and grace of a bird diving towards its prey it embeds itself deep within the woman's leg, keeping her from moving.

Alec's advance is slow and dangerous, and he keeps a narrative through it. "He had never hurt anyone in his life." He pauses before Kalaneya.

"He cried when he accidentally stepped on a spider." A sickening squelch can be heard as he pulls the harpoon from her leg. "You ended his life, and gave up yours when you did."

He raises the harpoon above his head, but the finishing blow does not come. Kalaneya laughs as she crawls backwards, blood oozing from her leg. "You don't have the nerve, Champion-Boy!" She spits the word as if it were acid, and he lowers the weapon a hair. "Deal with it, you are weak and soft, and when Mother takes you my only regret is that I won't be able to see it like I saw Luc--"

She gurgles the last word as the spear drives through her throat, the sound slick and wet as she chokes on her own blood. "You don't deserve to say his name," he says, and he rears back his leg before driving it into the side of her face, twisting her head violently and breaking her neck, ending her suffering.

An angry roar pierces the sky, offsetting the beauty of the sunset with its rage. A ray of moonlight slams into the ground, leaving the same humanoid figure as before visible for all to see.

"YOU DARE MOVE AGAINST MINE SO DIRECTLY? YOU WILL DIE NOW, BOY!"

She extends Her hand, and a sterling beam of light fires from her outstretched finger towards where Alec was standing...and hits nothing but air, continuing off into the distance and slicing down an eventual tree unfortunate enough to be in his path.

"WHAT?!" The Voice roars in rage, and She turns to see Sylandra standing next to Alec, wiping off dust from her shoulders.

"The benefit of knowing everything is that I know everything." She turns and glares at the figure, keeping herself carefully positioned between it and the Champion. "I have passed my test, and now claim my rightful place as the Champion's Own. You will not touch him, nor any other, and it is only by my sworn Oath that I do not reveal Your pitiful Following."

She raises her hand, palm stretched towards the figure, "Now begone." An orb of emptiness, causing everything seen through it to appear negative in colour, shoots from her palm and disappears, reappearing a second later to slam into the figures chest.

The last you see of her is her folding into herself, and the last you hear is her Voice screeching, "THIS WILL NOT STOP ME. MY FOLLOWING WILL SEE MY WILL OUT."

Soon she is gone, and another batch of crystals with the number '7' clearly visible is all that remains of her presence. Sylandra turns and regards you casually, "Don't think you're done with me yet. I'm Alec's bodyguard, so I'll be with him until the end of the journey. None of you are going to touch him, understood?" Your hair stands on end as she layers the question with psychic power, and there is no one among you willing to argue with her. "Good."

Alec steps from behind her, still glowering darkly as he presses past all of you and makes his way to the dock. Sylandra follows, and the rest of you do as well. By the time the last of you have gathered around the Champion, a large boat, easily the size of the S.S. Anne, is visible making steady progress towards the dock.

"The CCS: Expedition will see us the rest of the way," he says quietly as the boat pulls in and deckhands begin to lower the gangplank to allow you access. "It's meant to be a pleasure cruise, so there shouldn't be any weapons aboard. I doubt that will stop you, though." He gives a tired look to Portius as he leads you aboard.

It is laid out much the same as the train, but instead of extending horizontally it is layered in segments vertically. "Your cabins are on the third and fourth deck, the fifth deck has various functions you don't need to worry about because it's where the ship's crew sleeps. This first deck is obviously for sunbathing and swimming, but I'm going to have the pool closed before one of you drowns someone else." At his word, a nearby deckhand rushes and pushes a button that causes a sheet of metal to stretch over the pool nearby.

"Second deck is the galley and my quarters, and that's all there is. If you can, try and enjoy yourself, because you never know if you're going to get murdered for nothing more than being yourself." He levels a glare back at Kalaneya's visible, cooling corpse and gestures for the gangplank to rise.

"We're off."

@SYLANDRA HAS WON ON THIRD-PARTY TERMS, AND IS NO LONGER AN ACTIVE PLAYER IN THE GAME. CONGRATULATIONS!

It is now Night 7 of the CCS: Expedition's journey! 

You have 48 hours to send in your Night Actions.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Why can't one of you just die with my doll?
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    (Sneaky Sylandra strikes again! ) \:D/
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    (-1 for failing to call your dramatic reveal "the prestige" @Sylandra)
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • I'm starting to think this game is going to be nigh impossible for town
    As you all gather slowly in the galley of the ship, it looks as though Alec has been there for some time. He looks up from his quiet conversation with Sylandra and pulls his coffee closer to him, a wan smile on his face as he glances at the faces gathered. "Kaimanahi," he whispers, and throws a manilla folder full of full-colour photos at the group. It hits the floor and photos scatter, causing some of the more weak-hearted among you to gag and turn away as photographs of her sightless eyes staring at the camera and the nasty purple bruise around her throat come into view. Dolls nearby her draw a question to minds one at a time, and before any of you can voice it, Sylandra pipes up, "I checked the dolls out myself, they were well-hidden by a powerful psychic. She was a witch, and won when the Champion was usurped OR when she caused enough chaos to end the journey.

"I suppose she is an acceptable loss," the woman quips at Alec, but he just shrugs and drinks deeply from his cup, staring a hole into the table.

It is now Day 7 of the CCS: Expedition's journey! 

It will end in approximately 7 days.

With 14 trainers alive, it's 8 to lynch!

I failed to take account Silvanus being removed from yesterday's number pool, so the numbers were off by one. Apologies for the inconvenience.

If you could be so kind, Tremula, I think the roster on the first post could use some adjusting too! Please.
    edited August 2016
    Updated! (Pls gib formatting box back)

I'd probably screw up the html even more, heh.

Anyways, since we got the same number "7" after Kalaneya fell, it is safe to say that the original hypothesis has been debunked.

I have two others:

First: That the number signifies the number of town remaining among the 3rd parties, mafia, et al

Second: That the number signifies the number of days remaining until we reach our destination, and are liable to engage in direct confrontation.

I was pretty sure the second one might be the right answer, given circumstances. Immediately after we witnessed the first one, Alec noted we were halfway through our journey.

However, now that Tremula is going out of the way to put that number in red and bolded, maybe it is just coincidence. We'll have to see if any other cryptic numbers materialise and judge based off of that information.
  • I'm alive hahaha.

So was that Portius or scum that offed Kelly?
  • Unfortunately, I have nothing to add. I investigated Kaimanahi...
  • Alec is friends with a psychic sociopath. Just saying.

Gonna be out all day tomorrow, so Vote: Lehki in the meantime. Reasonably certain he's still scum, and every day he outlives that drama claim is unnatural and false.

Meanwhile, @Cen, did you ever explain what it is that your playing with Pokemon thing actually does?
  • Oh, and just to get everything in one place, could those who have claimed do so again, please?

Just to get things started, I'm an investigator.
  • Nah I never explained because I wasn't sure how it would sit on a list of priority targets. But I don't think I pose all that much threat to scum. I may as well do a full claim at this point though, since everybody knows it's me who's running around playing with pokemon (thanks to Cyndarin >_>).

I'm an employee of the Pokemon Day-Care Couple, sent on their behalf to scout out the new region for the purposes of opening up a new branch there. As such, I am heavily invested in the success of the Champion's mission. Every night, I choose one person to visit and spend time with their pokemon. By doing so, I give the pokemon experience towards their next evolution. This does allow me to identify the pokemon of my target, but I don't get to see what their powers are.

The flavour text has been really cute and fun and enjoyable, but honestly, I'm feeling a lot like how I did as the tracker in the Welcome to Night Vale game; very eager to help town and unable to do so directly. I mean I could've been like "HANDS UP IF YOU WANT FREE XP" at the beginning of the game, but I've been really worried about helping scum evolve their pokemon, and about being in the wrong place at the wrong time for attacks and such.

That said.... Hands up if you want free xp... <_<