the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Sylandra said:

Btw I too am fine with lynching Kalaneya as well.

So I wasn't actually in the room with you, technically speaking, but I can confirm you were naked in Alec's room last night. Which.... invites a different slew of questions. ;;)

Look, first thing on my mind getting out of the body bag was getting Munna back and finding the right words to express the situation with. Coming back from the dead makes you more groggy than poor sleep, trust me. Kind of forgot about the whole matted-bloodied hair thing and the lack of clothes. His reaction was pretty priceless, though.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Lehki said:

Portius said:

Your hints are a summary of known information about it. I think there's enough for you to figure it out, but I'd rather keep it concealed.

1. I was willing to give it to Sylandra on a night where I tried to kill you.
    2. I was willing to give it to you on a night when I tried to kill Kalaneya.
    3. Sylandra's psychic thingy read it as being non-malicious.

Oh I thought giving it to me was the redirect you were talking about, I misread before. Okay...

Oh, no. I gave it to you specifically because I didn't have any plans to target you with my power. My killing and my doll are completely separate things. You were definitely the intended doll target. You might not keep the doll for long. I can change targets more or less whenever I want with it.

It sounds like it was a delay instead of a redirect, anyway. I hadn't considered getting delayed as an option, but it does fit the mod message.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
    @Thul

Zoroark was a surprise for me, did not expect him to be a thing... and I guess that runs out the possibilities with my ditto theory. Oddly, I think his mischief probably benefited town more since so much crap got blocked on the first night.

Silvanus and Kalaneya have been honest about their pokémon. Silvanus was my consigliere, and Kalaneya has (or had) a strongarm kill method. Given that Luce has just disappeared instead of a previously seen method, I am going to guess they used the strongarm on him, especially since Kalaneya is essentially on the ropes. So, @Luce, you might take solace in that fact - of all the people they could have chosen to use that on, it seems they decided you were the biggest threat.
  • Sure, though honestly none if it's particularly useful at this point.

Ushaara really was an investigator, she said she could choose between looking at pokemon or the player. She actually was honest about who her investigation targets, and actually was confused about the messages she got. Her pokemon was in fact Victini. My pushing with "hey the double victini is probably because of the same thing that caused earthquake yesterday" was my way of trying to tell her metronome caused it and to drop the crazy theory.

Salome was a Strongman, though everytime she tried to kill somebody it failed. Othero got doctored, and something else blocked her when she went after Melali. I think that was actually the Zoroark but you guys offed her before I could ask her about it. Her kill failing and still getting caught by Othero had me so upset that day.

Salome's pokemon, um. I'll tell you guys the details if you really want but honestly it was something much more useful for Scum than town, but we hadn't made full use of it yet. It's probably best it just sits in the champions cabin.
  • Vivet said:

@Thul

Zoroark was a surprise for me, did not expect him to be a thing... and I guess that runs out the possibilities with my ditto theory. Oddly, I think his mischief probably benefited town more since so much crap got blocked on the first night.

Silvanus and Kalaneya have been honest about their pokémon. Silvanus was my consigliere, and Kalaneya has (or had) a strongarm kill method. Given that Luce has just disappeared instead of a previously seen method, I am going to guess they used the strongarm on him, especially since Kalaneya is essentially on the ropes. So, @Luce, you might take solace in that fact - of all the people they could have chosen to use that on, it seems they decided you were the biggest threat.

I brought up the possibility of the Ditto to throw people off of the fact that it was my Togepi's Metronome that was causing copied powers to show up.

The quake on N1 was a Magnitude 9, that night+day blocked 9 people, plus night blocked me because I was standing at the epicentre of it. I was going to try and kill Sylandra that night, but the quake hit me before I never left the room which I think is what saved me from being seen by Othero.

I was suspicious of Sylandra and Cyndarin because my failed night actually apparently couldn't be detected by the Watcher, so I assumed that presence Sylandra detected wasn't me and was another killer. I figured one of them must actually have had night immunities and was the Lunaala leader with 3-shot kill immunity and that's how they saw a supposedly block kill attempt against them.

• I thought the point of a strongarm was that they don't care about doctors. Hmm.

And I'm a bit mystified about the Luce thing. Many, many better targets.
  • Thul said:

I thought the point of a strongarm was that they don't care about doctors. Hmm.

And I'm a bit mystified about the Luce thing. Many, many better targets.

Tremula's explanation was that Strongman went through "protections", but doctor wasn't protecting Othero, just showed up after he was stabbed and fixed him.

Honestly Luce's power is almost as good, maybe even better in a few cases, then Ssaliss's cop power, especially as our numbers started to go down.
  • Sorry, never heard of strongarm. Sounds like it's a kill method? How does it differ from a normal kill?

And yeah, why Luce! Uncool. He just wanted to bring love to a lonely trainload of people.
  • @Cen According to epic mafia.

Strongman
    Once per game, can use his strength.
    Strength guarantees the mafia's kill is successful.
    Works through roleblocking and protection.
    Sided with the mafia.

Except Salome told us her power wasn't a one time use, that it actually had no limits. But apparently it was weaker than standard strongman? Tremula kind of implied that it would have killed Melali through Jailer power if the probably Zoroark hadn't messed her up.
  • I too have trouble understanding why Luce of all people was targetted.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Dylara said:

I too have trouble understanding why Luce of all people was targetted.

We have enough confirmed town that he could have basically used it as a cop power. Compare a known town to somebody we're not sure of, see if they match up. Plus he had that weird blocking pokemon. And he was clearly far less likely to be protected than Ssaliss. At least that's my figuring of the scum's logic.

Though it seems like he was more interested in making matches for his 3p win then helping town. It was still providing conformation of people's alignment.
    Ah, well, that does help sort out the chain of events.

And yeah, while there is Ssaliss, Melali, and Othero they could have considered, imagine if we had a scenario where nine players are left and eight players are all coupled off. At that point, lynching mafia ensures you know the partner is mafia too. Seems pretty powerful.

Also, it makes me wonder about what happens if a member of a previously confirmed couple might be converted. What exactly happens there? What if Luce decided to double check a known couple after what happened last night?

Even if no converting of couples occurred, there's a possibility that suspicion can shift in that direction, so making a kill like this can frame it in that direction.
  • You know speaking of couples, didn't he say he failed to match up people one time? I think that was Thul and Dylara?
  • It was me and Sylandra, which I don't understand why it failed.

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

Hmm. Curious and curiouser. What day was that, right about?
  • Don't mine me, I'm just scanning people based on their known pokemon types to complete my collection. Didn't have ghost/poison yet soooo Portius won a scan. Even though I had pumpkaboo, apparently pokemon I own don't count!
  • Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

I'm reasonably confident that Sylandra is town. If anything has made me doubt it, it's this weird business with Vivet. But Vivet is cooperating, so... idk.

Did you ever end up roleclaiming, Dylara? Please don't make me go back through all those pages. :(
  • You can't scan your own pokemon?! That is whack.

But actually makes me feel better about not being able to play with my own pokemon (even though it's also whack).
  • No, I have never role claimed. If you wish it, I will, I'm pretty boring, not a vanilla, just not very exciting.

• Cen said:

You can't scan your own pokemon?! That is whack.

But actually makes me feel better about not being able to play with my own pokemon (even though it's also whack).

I guess I could try to scan myself. They don't automatically go into my pokedex.
  • Okay found it.
    Luce said:

It's been a day anyway.

N1 - Iosion and Thul are incompatible
    N2 - Sylandra and Dylara are incompatible

We know why Iosion didn't match with Thul, she already had a lover. :O

So now why didn't Sylandra and Dylara match?
    Lehki said:

Okay found it.

Luce said:

It's been a day anyway.

N1 - Iosion and Thul are incompatible
    N2 - Sylandra and Dylara are incompatible

We know why Iosion didn't match with Thul, she already had a lover. :O

Well, Iosion was also 3rd party, and I'm guessing 3rd party + town = no match in any event. He and Synkarin simply chose to play with distinct town alignment.

• Yeah I know, it's just extra fitting that her 3p also involved her already being in a relationship.
  • I don't have a lot of info, Kalaneya went to the last cabin on the train for a few minutes and spent the rest of the time in their room. For whatever reason I can't see what happened in the room this time. Who knows. Also lol, of course Alec is psychic enough to tell Sylandra paniced messages but can't tell who wants him dead.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I'm reasonably confident after all that's been said that Kalaneya is scum (we've had, what, Ssaliss's investigation and now Vivet tossing Kalaneya under the bus?). Would like to hear @Kalaneya's defense. To further push that into action, Vote Kalaneya.

I have a theory on why it didn't work re: Luce's pairing me and Dylara up. Well, two theories. One is that Luce is lying, which is possible but also seems out of character for Luce this game. The other is that our pairing was third party/town, in which case we're climbing up the wrong tree. I have seen no reason to believe that Dylara is mafia. I myself am not mafia. Therefore this makes the most sense to me.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • So Kalaneya is not the remaining killer then? Do we definitely want to lynch hetb since it probably won't reveal any new info?

How many blocks do we have left now that we could spare for her? Krackenor + Portius' Haunters's lick?
  • I do agree, Kalaneya needs the most looking at right now. I will still claim of course, if it is needed.

Vote: Kalaneya

Is that so, @Othero? Interesting. I went back to check my lynch post for something, and guess what I found?
    Tremula said:

The blast is enough to finally stir the Champion, whose eyes darken as he looks at Vivet's body before landing on the smouldering remains of Weiwae, Synkarin, and Iosion. He glowers darkly at each of you in turn, muttering in a foreign language. It does not take a genius to figure out what it is he wants to say, though, as he ushers you onto the train. The muscled men from the oasis town slowly and dutifully gathering the bodies and taking them to the medical car at the end of the train.

The plot thickens.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Waaaaaait. So Kalaneya brought you back from the dead, thinking you'd still be an evil mastermind? IS THAT WHAT YOU ARE IMPLYING?!? @Kalaneya plz.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I needed perfect knowledge of the flavor text to know what happened with my power.

Though that is really suspicious. Kalaneya does need to explain it.