the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• No, kill Lehki. Anything else is a stupid choice. We shouldn't be sporting. It's not the town's fault they are making mistakes. @Ssaliss I guess share the other part. I will be honest, at the moment I don't exactly know what part of my role I did not mention but my role is not 100% clear. For example, I thought I was just a watcher but I get weird snippits of different pieces of info. Note, if it is about any Pokemon powers please don't share it.
  • Also as a note, I am on vacation this week and will be a bit sporadic in posting
  • I'd obviously be all for not getting lynched myself + giving town 2 kills, but I'm a bit biased so whatever you guys think is fair I won't complain
  • Vote Lehki
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Vote: Lehki

Whatever.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Alright. I think that's lynch unless I'm incapable of counting, but I'm not letting this lynch pass without at least offering symbolic participation, even if it's impotent.

Vote: Lehki
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Time for a bloodbath then. Hopefully. -eyes Lehki-
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I had a post planned this but the whole thing that just went down kind of three that off and killed my mood.

But I still like getting the last word in so. Congrats on calling that bluff. Except you let me live long enough to evolve a Togekiss, so thanks for that.

Gogo Egbert, let's see what Serene Grace looks like.

P.S. Just curious what would Metronome have been this time, @Tremuls, just wondering.
  • Yoga kids is a real good Pokemon so congrats.
  • Togakiss
  • Okay. As I said, I don't know if you shared it or not (or if you're even aware of it; I remember a fair bit of confusion about it), but you're not only hard to see, you also can't be detected by most psychics.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    (modpost incoming for end-of-day, as I think we are. Today's been incredibly busy, so hang in there!)
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't even mentioned in Othero's role, tbh. I was very shocked to have psychic powers when targeted in the night, hence my flurry of confused Day 2 posts. I will say being "unseen" matches most Watchers, flavor aside. Normally, who watches a watcher? No one!
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Vote Count -

Lehki: 10 (Dylara, Ileein, Sylandra, Thul, Kalaneya, Othero, Luce, Krackenor, Phoebus, Portius)

That's a lynch!

As the sun passes overhead and the day draws to a close, it seems the small beach community that you inhabited for the day is to see anything but a peaceful evening. As you all make your way towards Lehki, it is Othero who pulls a flare gun from a nearby supply kit and points it directly at his chest. "Here comes the sun, doo-doo-doo-doo," he sings in a cruelly ironic fashion before pulling the trigger, sending the harsh red light to dig directly into Lehki's chest. It lifts him off of the ground where he hovers for a moment, surprise evident in his face as he falls to the ground, dead.

It only lasts a moment, though, before a ray of golden light bathes his body in its aureate glow. The flare shoots out of his body and he breathes in a deep, shuddering gasp as he rises unsteadily to his feet. The roar of a lion can be heard in the distance, and as it fades you hear a second scream nearby. You turn and see Portius, roaring as he grabs a harpoon from the nearby fishing shed and lobs it through the air. A stray gust of wind has other ideas, though, and it veers the spear off-course from Lehki and embeds itself in Silvanus' gut, pinning him to the beach still standing with a look of shock on his face.

The screams of the townfolk are enough to draw Alec over from the beach, and his smile drops instantly as he sees the impaled corpse. "We couldn't even have one day, could we?" He sighs in resignation and begins talking in the same fiery, fluid tongue he used in the previous city to begin placating the townspeople.

When Portius heaves the harpoon from the body and boards the train with it, Alec just heaves a resignated sigh and gathers you all in the dining car. "Well it's a good thing that today was the last day on the train anyway, because apparently I can't take you people anywhere without someone dying." He drops a heavy glare at Portius, who is openly polishing his spear as he stares daggers at Lehki, who is eating without a care in the world.

After Alec has left and the train resumed it's travel, Othero pins a note to the board, revealing that:

Silvanus was the Admin of the Following of Lunala. He won when Lunala's power was assured.

edited August 2016
    It is now Night 6 of the CCL: Expedition's journey! 

You have 48 hours to send in your Night Actions.

This night has been pushed forward another 24 hours, since I have real-life things to do tomorrow. The new Day will begin on 4/8, not 3/8.

The moon seems to glow with new power in the sky as a Voice rings through the heavens, feminine in tone and rich with austere strength. "Brother, My time has come! They have learned from their mistakes and have gathered unto Me My Chosen! Heed My words, Champion-Boy, the rules of the game have changed, and you will fall just as my Brother did. My Aegis protects My Children tonight, just as it will protect all who leave your foolish mission."

The train rocks momentarily before continuing to speed forward as the Voice vanishes in a blast of raw power. Oh dear.

THERE WILL BE AN IMPORTANT GAME ANNOUNCEMENT TOMORROW MORNING.

• (Kinda glad I'm dead now :o )
    OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...
  • May You Live In Interesting Times.
    edited August 2016
    The CCL: Expedition pulls up at a large house (a small manor, really) before a wooden dock, the nearby beach immaculately clean and the water crystalline. You all gather outside the train in turns, Krackenor and Ssaliss following suit of Phoebus and Othero and standing closer to each other than friendly, one of the foremost thoughts on each mind and question on each lip what that Voice meant at night. And when Alec, that question dies when you see @Vivet walk out behind him, dressed in short trousers and a halter top that looks like it came straight out of Alec's wardrobe.

Reactions range from perplexed to outraged, Portius raising his thumb and rearing back to throw his harpoon, before Alec raises his hands before him and steps in front of the woman. "Now I know you're all worried, but...let's give her a few hours at least, okay? I'm confident that whatever miracle brought her back, it also gave her the chance to see that her life is worth a second chance. She can and will do better, I'm sure." He smiles softly, and says, "Try for me, at least?" He blinks and a fat tear rolls down his cheek, "A life for a life. Luce...he didn't..." He chokes on the words and pauses before finally rushing out, "He died last night. We don't know how, he's just...gone."

You all blink. Luce was no one's enemy, the cute ball of hyperactivity only concerned with true love. He was a match-maker, and won when everyone able was in love. "Now, as to last night, well, all I can imagine is that whatever fight was going on between the bad guys after us ended with one winning. The other...not so much. I don't know the specifics, but I'm only certain that they're going to get bold--"

A bright flash of silver moonlight interrupts the Champion, and you all shield your eyes from the glowing humanoid figure standing between you and him. "YOU ALL HAVE WITNESSED MY RISE, BUT MY WORD STANDS TRUE." The Voice from last night echoes from this figure, though none can look directly at it and everyone has to shield their eyes, "THOSE WHO SIDE WITH ME AGAINST THE CHAMPION-BOY SHALL BE BLESSED. THOSE WHO STAND AGAINST ME SHALL FEEL THE FULL WEIGHT OF MY WRATH SHOULD YOU CONTINUE TO TRESPASS ON MY SACRED LANDS."

The figure fades in another brilliant flash, leaving the sand where it stood crystallised in a small crater of fractals. Eerily, the number '7' is easily visible in darker patterns against the light.

There is a brief moment of shocked silence before the Champion finally speaks, "...we're halfway there, guys. The boat ride is going to be the longest part of the journey. We already made it this far, through these threats and worse. Someone blew up, and we still have most of our party. If we make it to Alola, the discoveries we make there will be huge steps for all known schools of science. Please, don't let whoever that was seduce you with promises, don't forget your Pokemon and their love for you. We can spread that love to hundreds, if not thousands of others!"

Vivet cannot be lynched for at least 36 hours from the opening post.

It is now Day 6 of the CCL: Expedition's journey! 

It will last approximately one week.

With 18 trainers alive, it's 10 to lynch!

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Looks like Phoebus needs to work on her swing. No offense, Phoebus!

Also, many thanks to Alec for allowing me my Munna back. He's being a real bro.
    So here's some fun information.

1) Haunter took back my doll to Portius. I am now doll-less.
    2) Alec and I had a chitchat, as we do from time to time, and at his request my psychic powers were used upon Vivet.

She's a vanilla townie now apparently. Discuss.
    Daraius said:
  • Um wow. Okay. Hi, Vivet!

So you're 100% sure she's town now, Sylandra? If so, that's awesome. GJ whoever rezzed her. Vivet, was it a pokemon or something that brought you back?

I'm dead curious as to what the 7 means. It has to be significant. Any guesses?
  • Okay I had a few things to share about what was going on with Lunaala during the night but uh, first. Welcome back Vivet?
  • Coding late at night has a benefit! Now, let's see what my scrutinizing eye can see.

First thing, is that there should only be one Mafia group now, presumably the Moon one. Does that mean that Lehki's sun/day protection still works? And why is he still alive?
    Now, the number 7 was left in the crystals after the figure left. Unless that has some significance with Alola or Pokemon, I'm going to guess that's the number of Mafia left.

I am inclined to trust Sylandra, though we should still keep an eye on Vivet. For now, we have another suspect that we need to put under scrutiny: Kalaneya. I've had my eye on her, though I don't have anything concrete. I really wish there was a way to script all of someone's comments on the thread into one big text file, so we could just read what one person said at a time.
    Lunaala did, actually. Brought me back simply to berate me for my lack of subterfuge and efficiency, stripped me of my powers, and cast me aside while laughing. Which makes things pretty tricky for me, since, you know, that all sounds really convenient alongside my being alive.

Guess she decided I could still be useful as a distraction, and to cast suspicion on anyone who supports me being around.

Hope you all had a good night's sleep? I'm still pretty stiff myself.
    Vivet said:

Hope you all had a good night's sleep? I'm still pretty stiff myself.

Oh, I'm curious what's d
    Melali said:

First thing, is that there should only be one Mafia group now, presumably the Moon one. Does that mean that Lehki's sun/day protection still works? And why is he still alive?
    Now, the number 7 was left in the crystals after the figure left. Unless that has some significance with Alola or Pokemon, I'm going to guess that's the number of Mafia left.

I am inclined to trust Sylandra, though we should still keep an eye on Vivet. For now, we have another suspect that we need to put under scrutiny: Kalaneya. I've had my eye on her, though I don't have anything concrete. I really wish there was a way to script all of someone's comments on the thread into one big text file, so we could just read what one person said at a time.

I can only presume Solgaleo's group has been subsumed, yes. Though, I'm like 90% sure Lehki had to be the last one. Silvanus and Kalaneya were with me, but if they suddenly have seven... then something else must have happened besides Solgaleo's group simply being absorbed. It must be the result of the Chosen One's influence or something.
  • SEVEN mafia left?? Jesus. I thought we were doing really well. But wait, we've already gotten rid of how many? Let me go back and check...

...I'm only counting three on the first page. Silvanus, Salome, and Ushaara. Which means ten mafia in total since we started, which I guess could make sense. If both groups had five each, and now they're merged?

What have you got to say about it, Lehki?
  • I'm hesitant because I'm in a very different position now, and I'm really not sure how to play this yet.

I also lost my powers last night(which was a 3-shot day immunity) and only have my Pokemon. I wasn't directly subsumed into Lunaala's cult like I thought was going to happen when one cult came out on top, and am basically a 3p survivor now.

I'm still alive because of Togekiss's Serene Grace ability. I mentioned it yesterday because I hoped my power would be ambiguous enough in flavor to convince you guys that it was my pokemon that saved me and not that. Though if you try and lynch me today it will save me. Don't wanna give away the entire details of it though because uh, it's probably the only thing that's gonna keep me safe from Portius for even a little while.