the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• Also I think Portius attacked me last night, I'm not actually 100% sure because I passed from losing Solgaleo's power and had a weird about his aura leaving me but also poison working it's way out of my system. I recall Portius said he used poison on Rolsand so I figured that was from him and that Serene Grace kept me alive.

He left me the Portius doll though, which I'm not sure why he would do if he was planning on killing me.
  • I don't really have much to say about last night, other than Krackenor being the hottest guy on the train. Also, he squirts milk out of the nose when he laughs.

What a catch.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Vivet said:

Looks like Phoebus needs to work on her swing.

I dunno, seems like my swing was pretty good when I got you over the head with a rock a few days ago.
  • Someone ran into my protection last night.

Lehki's alive. Surprise. Are we still trying to fix that?

Really not certain I trust Sylandra. Or Vivet. "Vanilla Townie" is like the least probable role I can think of for anyone in this game.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Raaaaage. I rage at my impotence, but my rage is also impotent.

I opted not to target Lehki with my vigilante kill last night. I did this because if the mafia had a doctor, they would probably target Lehki again, and which meant he was my last priority of all known mafia people. I targeted Kalaneya in the hope that she would be the mafia doc. Apparently it's the Togekiss and not a doctor, though.

Imagine my surprise when some unknown force redirects me into Lehki anyway.

Naturally, you would not have gotten the doll if I had actually intended to kill you.

It looked like he was already down and whimpering, but I poisoned him to be sure. Apparently that did nothing.

Also got visited by Cyndarin asking to scan my pokemon, which is the sole reason that I'm not pushing to lynch her. Silvanus flipping scum made me suspect that everyone who claimed the pokemon scanning was probably scum, since that'd be an easy lie to coordinate at night and it's plausible enough to get accepted. If there's anyone else who claimed to be pokemon scanning that hasn't been seen visiting a known town, we should probably put them under suspicion.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Um. @Portius, I owe you an apology.

The thing with Lehki wasn't a redirect. It was a delay of your action the night before. I used a power on you, but it came with some undocumented aeon, apparently.

So chances are you hit Kalaneya and failed. So I'd guess that you hit the Lunala aoe protection that was apparently up last night.

So, I'm good to lynch Kalaneya if she doesn't have something good to say.
    I hadn't considered it, but that also fits with my message. Also down with lynching Kalaneya assuming nobody brings up proof of a more pressing target.
  • Good news is that I don't think there is, or has been a mafia doctor.
  • Prior to finding the love of my life*, I was hit with a bout of amnesia that made me not recall my activities for most of the night...I assume this was me being blocked.

*(K+S 5EVVVAAAA)
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Looks like people don't immediately have more questions for me, so I'll fill you in on some details that I withheld for obvious reasons when I was last alive.

Aside from my limited night-kill immunities, I had another special function in the cult. Every other night, I could attempt to make contact with the Chosen of the Pokémon through the power of Lunaala. If I could convince them to join under Her Banner, then this was what would force Solgaleo to surrender and cede to Her.

The Chosen showed some interest even in my first contact, but did insist that they ought to wait - that there were certain things they could not do once they had dedicated themselves.

The other tricky part to this is I did not know who exactly the Chosen was. This is why I made no kill attempt the first night, and I went for a "safe kill" the second - I didn't really want to gank the Chosen on accident, and wanted to make my choices very carefully.

I will also admit that a good part of my theatrics was to try to secure the path of the Chosen for my cult, so they did not go for Solgaleo's. The Chosen would be destined to replace me either way, so I was expendable for all intents and purposes.

It may be possible that the Chosen could recruit people to whatever path they would ultimately choose, that they couldn't do this after those chose, and that is why they wanted to wait. Given the number of days that have passed already, and who we know/assume can be mafia, this would make the "seven" number signifying the number of mafia remaining seem more compelling and tangible.

I must admit I don't know that for sure, though. This is only a theory I can craft based on what I knew otherwise, which you all did not.

I think it'd be good to hear from Lehki if this all stacks up. Then if one or both of us are eliminated, you can exam any inconsistencies that remain between our stories and revealed alignments. And while I'm sure Serene Grace can keep him going quite a while longer, I'm pretty sure I'll still wind up a prime lynch/vig target if all other trails run dry, so no point in being quiet.
  • Okay so I'm confused.

Vivet saus she was brought back by Lunala. Why would Lunala bring her back as town? That doesn't help the mafia.

But then, if Vivet *is* mafia, why would she be upfront about being rezzed by Lunala? Wouldn't it be more beneficial to make up something more innocent to help back up a townie claim?

It doesn't add up. I'm lost.
  • Anyways, now that I have some time to post. @Portius, can you describe the redirect flavour? Because I ended up at an empty compartment. I'm concerned that maybe the Zoroark (or however you spell that) is back in play.
  • Ohh hang on. Just parsed Thul's message. I get it now.

No Zoroark then. Phew! Was sick of that guy.
    When Trem poked me and said I was coming back and asked if I still wanted to play, it confused me pretty greatly too. Bringing me back seems like a rather silly move, but I guess someone out there wanted to ensure that you all know what I know. This is also the one thing that made me kind of hesitate to speak up at first... but at the same time, I don't really got anything else to offer, you know? So there it is.
  • Ooh ew ouch Vivet. I have played someone who has come back from the dead in a mafia game and I do not envy your position right now. For me how I came back depended on who killed me, if town I came back mafia and if mafia, I came back town. I doubt this is the case here and I have no idea how tremula is playing this resurrection. :-?

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

Either way, the resurrection PM from Trem was super awesome. Was really fleshed out, and my initial meeting with Alec was extremely entertaining. I'll have to share it once the game's finished.
    Vivet said:

Either way, the resurrection PM from Trem was super awesome. Was really fleshed out, and my initial meeting with Alec was extremely entertaining. I'll have to share it once the game's finished.

Do you know if you were resurrected due to a player/pokemon action or if it was due to GM fiat (I'm assuming to make up numbers after the modkill)?
  • Interestingly, I also got no useful information last night, which is really weird because I watched @Lehki, and as far as I am able to tell, all he did last night was play games and then nothing for several hours. Maybe that's because my power doesn't pick up on ~mystic pokemon stuff~ though, just mundane things?
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
    Portius said:

Vivet said:

Do you know if you were resurrected due to a player/pokemon action or if it was due to GM fiat (I'm assuming to make up numbers after the modkill)?
    Unknown. While Lunaala was laughing at me, there was a presence that seemed to drift away, but I was still in my body bag until I woke up, so to say. Couldn't see much in there.
  • @Vivet, did Alec have Sylandra check you out as she described?
    Thul said:

@Vivet, did Alec have Sylandra check you out as she described?

If he did, he asked when I was not present with him or paying attention. Possibly after he forced me into some clothes and while I was eating his dinner leftovers? I never saw Sylandra, at any rate.
  • Hmm. Alright, well. Vivet's return is still a puzzle to me. I'm happy to get the lynch train going, but only after we've heard from the rest of our key players.
  • @Thul man I was wondering who the heck saved me that night. I swear I've had that craziest luck this game since earlier on I was trying to get you guys to come after me and it took Silvanus getting modkilled before you guys actually tried it. I was so salty when Vivet called me out and redirected to her. Figured the only reason she did that was to try and show me up and impress the Chosen, and it worked, apparently.

Yeah there's nothing in what Vivet said that's bluffing or inaccurate. We were playing more reckless than Lunaala's side, relying on luck to not accidentally off the Chosen. The wording from my and I assume her role message seemed to imply that the two cults would merge when The Chosen made a choice. That's not what happened to me though, so I guess I was I was reading into it too much?

@Ileein Yeah I opted to not try and activate Metronome last night, and don't have an active night power to use, so I didn't do anything, just had stuff happen to me.

@Portius any hint on what that doll's deal is? I just woke up to find it on my bed and found it charming.
    Your hints are a summary of known information about it. I think there's enough for you to figure it out, but I'd rather keep it concealed.

1. I was willing to give it to Sylandra on a night where I tried to kill you.
    2. I was willing to give it to you on a night when I tried to kill Kalaneya.
    3. Sylandra's psychic thingy read it as being non-malicious.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Vivet said:

Thul said:

@Vivet, did Alec have Sylandra check you out as she described?

If he did, he asked when I was not present with him or paying attention. Possibly after he forced me into some clothes and while I was eating his dinner leftovers? I never saw Sylandra, at any rate.
    Well you were naked when Alec asked me so, lol.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Portius said:

Your hints are a summary of known information about it. I think there's enough for you to figure it out, but I'd rather keep it concealed.

1. I was willing to give it to Sylandra on a night where I tried to kill you.
    2. I was willing to give it to you on a night when I tried to kill Kalaneya.
    3. Sylandra's psychic thingy read it as being non-malicious.

Oh I thought giving it to me was the redirect you were talking about, I misread before. Okay...
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Btw I too am fine with lynching Kalaneya as well. Ssaliss's investigation has proven solid and reliable so far.

It's good to talk out the Vivet nonsense but unless Tremula is being a bastard mod with me, Vivet is totally vanilla and totally townie now. I have also reread the message and @Vivet, it makes sense you wouldn't have seen me. I got a panicked telepathic message from Alec asking me if he was safe with you, and I scanned you with my PSYCHIC SKILLZ and deemed you vanilla townie, telepathically. So I wasn't actually in the room with you, technically speaking, but I can confirm you were naked in Alec's room last night. Which.... invites a different slew of questions. ;;)

(PS: Gratz to Krackenass, the latest (relation)ship to set sail on our journey and the one with the funniest portmanteau ever.)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • So, @Vivet, @Lehki, were either of you in charge of Zoroark?
  • Really, just a huge infodump on your (supposedly) former sides would be great, kthx. Powers, Pokemon...