the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• I do not want Victini. Nice try attempting to get more info out there.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Ok, well that's your loss. It's clear you still don't believe me, but you can go back and see that Victini is a protective pokemon from how Cyndarin described it through however she knew about him.

But since that trade option is off the table, place your votes, people!
    Cen said:
    No sorry, you'd be wrong. It doesn't target at all, specified or random. I do the move and it never leaves my compartment. It's 100% reactive.
    Oh, and I actually believe this is still fine. YOU are the one activating the ability.

Sylandra's claim is that she can't even activate her own pokemon's ability.

That is the anomalous claim I was trying to highlight.
    Sylandra said:
    Ohhhhh! Well if @Krackenor is a roleblocker then it makes sense I wouldn't notice. I don't have any powers I can take during the night. (I was seriously thinking he was the doctor though!)
    This is one relevant piece of evidence I believe to support my theory. And god this thread is a mess and I'm having trouble finding it, but I'm certain she described her role as entirely passive and her pokemon as purely reactive somewhere too, suggesting that she can't use a day power either.
    So last plea to everyone, even if you don't trust me right now, let's test my theory

If YOU can activate your pokemon's ability, no matter what it does, place a vote for Sylandra.

I believe we're at 12(?) to lynch so, if she gets to 8, can stop and let her explain herself and prevent a quick bandwagon or doublevoting pushin her over.

If YOU CAN'T activate your pokemon's ability, no matter what it does, place a vote for me.

Again, I can't highlight this enough,

anomalous claims are indication that the person is mafia...
  • Could you find where she says she can't activate her Pokemon's power? I am on my phone and can't find it.
  • And don't actually vote for her. That is an amazing way for us to screw ourselves if anyone has a power that changes vote weights. Just bold something or say it. And don't do this until Ushaara can find the proof that Atlanta claimed this. Otherwise we are just revealing more info without anything to use it for.
    I've been trying to look, but goddamn 66 pages and I can't remember where or in what context it came up...
  • Uh-huh
  • This one? Look at the inner quote too
    Sylandra said:
    Lehki said:
    Sylandra said:
    I'll make this simpler for you. I have a limited amount of kill immunities. Whether or not you trust me, lynching me won't do anyone any good today. You're welcome to test that if you like but it won't get us any new information.

I don't know enough about @Dylara to comment on if I think she's scum or not. I'd rather lynch Ushaara who was been making wild and inappropriate accusations.
    So you're got your psychic aura, a limited kill immunity, and pokemon power that are all passive abilities activated by other people's actions?

My entire role is passive. I have no killing abilities.

Oh my god, thank you @Lehki, I was about to curse Othero for forcing me to have to trawl through 66 pages trying to find that. X(
    But yes, if that's good enough for Othero to allow starting the test of my theory, you don't even need to place a vote, just do as he recommended and post

I  CAN ACTIVATE MY POKEMON

or something!
  • Ok, that works. I will say that is odd but I don't find it too weird that there are Pokemon that have passive or reactionary powers. It fits some moves and Pokemon. Sylandra has stacked powers but it isn't suspicious enough. She hasn't been caught in a lie, she hasn't been sending people on chases, and she has confirmed and shared info when asked. If someone wants it might be worth attacking her Pokemon. If it has a passive power it would make sense that it is activated when attacked.
  • There was an earlier post where she had first said her Pokemon was passive, but I don't have the page down in my notes
  • Ugh, still don't post that. We don't need to know that. Here, let's try this. If Sylandra passes muster please kill Ushaara for all this insanity. Use poison sting on Sylandra's Pokemon
    As I said, I believe battling is an integral part of the game, and part of how I understand battling to work is that the trainer is in control of their Pokemon's abilities, no matter whether it's a reactive effect or not.

It's my belief that every single one of us can choose when and where to activate our pokemon. Sylandra is the only one claiming she can't.
  • (Pst, Othero you gotta say the name)
  • Do you? I honestly can't find the rules on what format an attack should be so I took a best guess at this.
    Thanks for at least being willing to test this @Othero. If I'm wrong, I willingly accept my fate!
  • It's Pokemon rules man. :p
  • I don't feel like this is a conclusive test. Or a good idea. We're about to have both Sylandra and Othero's pokemon revealed to us all on the chance that Sylandra's passive effect can be activated during the day phase. What if it only works at night?
    If it truly is a passive reaction, I'd say that it should work both Day and Night, since Sylandra otherwise has no powers and all and is plain old vanilla townie.
    Active powers, I mean.
    Goddamn typos.

"... since Sylandra otherwise has no active powers AT all"
  • We will go from there but I expect this to prove Ushaara wrong with the least amount of fallout and keep us from hearing another insane theory.
    Well I don't know about the rest of you but I'm thoroughly enjoying this game, even if I am drawing attention for my wacky theories! :))
  • Othero said:
    Do you? I honestly can't find the rules on what format an attack should be so I took a best guess at this.
    It's in the FAQ:

Q: How do I use a Pokemon Power during the day? Do I have to post my Trainer Card here?
    A: NOOOOOOOoo you do not! Once more, that would be a Very Bad Idea (tm). To use a Pokemon's Power, simply say "[Pokemon], go!" if it is an ABILITY you wish to use, or "[Pokemon], use [move {on (Target)}]!", just as you would for any other day activated power. Please do not bold for emphasis for this reason.
  • Before we get too wrapped up in Ushaara again...@Lehki you've done nothing to convince anyone you're telling the truth; the fact that you MIGHT know Kalanaya's pokemon can be explained via mafia conversations during Night 2 and every claim has been an evasion or deflection without telling us anything. Ushaara may be a crackpot theorist, but I still believe you have explaining to do.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I'm fine revealing my Pokemon so @Othero can use Poison Sting on me. Is that something you want me to do? I want to point out I'm not lying about being passive, though, so admitting my Pokemon also gives everyone an idea of what Pokemon I'm weak against. So I'll reveal if it's necessary, but realize that doing so puts me in a position to be attacked.

Keep in mind that I can't attack you and I can't attack your Pokemon with my abilities. More importantly, I wouldn't attack you. And I don't have to. I am told I gain exp through someone else activating my Pokemon's ability. Tremula confirmed this for me. So I'll eat my hat if no one else has a weird Pokemon in this weird, weird game.

If no one believes me about being passive, I encourage the tracker to track me any night they please. My story will check out. However, you're probably better off looking for killers and murderers. I'm happy to be tracked either way.

I am not mafia. I am also not lying about immunities, so if you lynch me today, no one will die. I wonder how @Ushaara would respond to that scenario? Call for my head again tomorrow? Waste more time? The vigilante can test my claim about immunity tonight without wasting a lynch on me.

@Ushaara for an investigator you make a lot of claims you can't back up. I'm offering concrete ways to test everything I've said. But interesting that your attack on me comes right after I re-awaken your lynch train. Is this an OMGUS vote?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    A lynch on Sylandra would also put pressure on/remove pressure entirely on Dylara because of Luce's power as an aside. 

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.