the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• Synkarin said:
    For - at risk of revealing too much, but because there's a good chance I'm about to die

Iosion and me are 3p. We're buddies and linked together. If he dies, I die and vice versa. We're not mafia, we just need to survive to the end. 

My pokemon can sense auras - I sensed Vivet night one - she has a light silver moon malicious moon aura. This is why I linked her with Sylveion and moonfire. That wasn't her, but the malicious part certainly makes me worry.

Krackenor gives off a protective aura - hence why I am no longer suspicious of him. 

My personal power is healer. I can heal people at night.

Malicious moon aura you say. If it's not Sylveon and her moonfire, that message I intercepted mentioned Lunaala, the Beast that Calls the Moon, which is one of the ledgendaries of Alolo, where we are headed.

• Yes, please give us your grand supervillain speech (that will hopefully, as in sterotypical fashion) give someone the chance to bludgeon you before you flip the switch :)
    OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...
  • Thul said:
    So, I think it's fairly scummy for Sylandra to be pushing on Ushaara like this, even if Ushaara is a wellspring of absurd theories. We don't know anything about her role, either (unless I missed something.)

But, uh. @Weiwae, why @Iosion?
     Because Sylandra claimed death immunity, and I didn't want to die for nothing.
  • This has been ridonkulous, but I don't think the situation the situation is as grim as it appears. If Lehki's code phrase counts as an action, he is blocked and it cannot go through. If Weiwei does not need the code phrase to detonate, his offer of giving Iosion a last word let the latter use his Purrloin, which we already know blocks day powers. If neither the phrase nor the bomb detonation counts as an action, then I have no clue what an action actually means in this game.
  • ignore either the first or second 'the situation' at your leisure.

• Tremula's post said I could still speak or vote, so I don't think paralysis would stop me. 
  • It's also entirely possible the bombing happens in a private message to Tremula, and thus already happened before Weiwae was blocked.
  • Fake Out always goes first :)
  • Krackenor said:
    This has been ridonkulous, but I don't think the situation the situation is as grim as it appears. If Lehki's code phrase counts as an action, he is blocked and it cannot go through. If Weiwei does not need the code phrase to detonate, his offer of giving Iosion a last word let the latter use his Purrloin, which we already know blocks day powers. If neither the phrase nor the bomb detonation counts as an action, then I have no clue what an action actually means in this game.
    So, looking more closely at the role sent to me, I think I go BOOM only after the day ends.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Holy carp, this game is absolutely insane.:))

Look you may think I was playing like I did to fish information out of people but I swear that was not my intention. Othero chose to reveal himself in the way he did, I still believe that Sylandra being unable to activate her own pokemon is a significant anomaly and the I CAN ACTIVATE ... thing would have been a lot safer than the mess we have now.

But I didn't see a reactive from Sylandra pokemon either so I'll still keep my tinfoil hat on for now!

As for Lehki? And you thought I was a wildcard! :))
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Krackenor said:
    This has been ridonkulous, but I don't think the situation the situation is as grim as it appears. If Lehki's code phrase counts as an action, he is blocked and it cannot go through. If Weiwei does not need the code phrase to detonate, his offer of giving Iosion a last word let the latter use his Purrloin, which we already know blocks day powers. If neither the phrase nor the bomb detonation counts as an action, then I have no clue what an action actually means in this game.
    I feel like blocking wouldn't stop him from saying words that set off someone else's action. I think right now it comes down to if Purrloin can stop the bomb from exploding or not. I think it was already set in motion by the passcode being spoken, as Weiwae's response implies he's forced to choose a target and explode once it's out there, so unless Fakeout functions as an interrupt like Intimidate does, I'm not rating Iosion's chances of survival very high.
  • @CyndarinAscends

Tremula is our last hope for clarification, and just like Obi Wan, her whereabouts are unknown.
  • I'm also pretty sure that Lehki wasn't supposed to say anything about how or who or when I go BOOM, and I wasn't going to say anything until he laid it all out.
  • Unvote.

I am seriously contemplating placing my vote at the feet of Lehki (what on earth would possess you to try bombing anyone as Town, activating a bomb is like the least Town thing I can think of, holy carp) but I want to see what the smoking rubble of this poor innocent town looks like before I make that leap.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
    Oh my god, I'm laughing so much at this day. This game! :))
    Ileein said:
    Unvote.

I am seriously contemplating placing my vote at the feet of Lehki (what on earth would possess you to try bombing anyone as Town, activating a bomb is like the least Town thing I can think of, holy carp) but I want to see what the smoking rubble of this poor innocent town looks like before I make that leap.
    Sifting through the rubble might not be an option. Weiwae's just said that he thinks the boom won't happen until the day ends.
  • Weiwae said:
    Krackenor said:
    So, looking more closely at the role sent to me, I think I go BOOM only after the day ends.
    If that's the case we may as well end this. Though I wish you'd stay on Sylandra, my gut feeling is that it won't be a waste. Do you have a seperate win condition from Town, @Weiwea?

What's it gonna be people, me or Ushaara? I don't think I can really say anything in my defense after this, if I played this wrong I definately deserve the lynch. 
  • In the end, it turns out that the expedition is populated entirely by terrorists with bombs, and there are no legitimate members. Fortunately, it is a known fact that the worst enemy of an anarchist is another anarchist with slightly different beliefs, and so they break down into a dozen squabbling factions while the Champion calls the police.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
    Look, Lehki's play was insane, but again, I'm stuck on Sylandra's anomalous claim and believe lynching her will catch Cyndarin and Silvanus too.

Let us salvage something from this mess!
  • Phoebus said:
    Ileein said:
    Unvote.

Sifting through the rubble might not be an option. Weiwae's just said that he thinks the boom won't happen until the day ends.
    ...so Weiwae's all over here with his suicide vest, getting strapped in, pointing a finger at Iosion all "I'm coming for you, brah. Just gimme a second here..." and the rest of us just stare at him blankly before going about our business? "Oh, don't mind him, he's being a silly."

Lehki said:
    Weiwae said:
    Krackenor said:
    If that's the case we may as well end this. Though I wish you'd stay on Sylandra, my gut feeling is that it won't be a waste. Do you have a seperate win condition from Town, @Weiwea?

What's it gonna be people, me or Ushaara? I don't think I can really say anything in my defense after this, if I played this wrong I definately deserve the lynch. 
    You may have just caused Weiwae, Iosion, and Synkarin to die in a grand move that wouldn't have done anything to prove you were on our side even if it had only bounced harmlessly off of Sylandra. I think that's the definition of playing it wrong. :P Vote's definitely sticking on you.
    (Best game of mafia ever, @Tremula, I still can't stop laughing)
    Thul said:
    Phoebus said:
    Ileein said:
    Unvote.

...so Weiwae's all over here with his suicide vest, getting strapped in, pointing a finger at Iosion all "I'm coming for you, brah. Just gimme a second here..." and the rest of us just stare at him blankly before going about our business? "Oh, don't mind him, he's being a silly."
    I think the idea was supposed to be that it was triggered in secret and we'd be shocked by it at the day's end, as opposed to having it laid out for us beforehand.   :))
  • Phoebus said:
    Thul said:
    Phoebus said:
    Ileein said:
    Unvote.

I think the idea was supposed to be that it was triggered in secret and we'd be shocked by it at the day's end, as opposed to having it laid out for us beforehand.   :))
    Maybe if the trigger phrase was "Hold my beer and watch this."
  • I'm forecasting a vote for Lehki in the near future, by the way.
    In a happier alternate timeline, Lehki would have told us he had a passcode to explode a terrorist who he has every reason to believe is Weiwae, and we would've lynched Weiwae on the best grounds we've had to lynch someone to date.

Instead, CHAOS.
    Lehki said:
    I have no clue how the bomb works. I just figured setting it off on her was the safest way to defuse it now. She'll either be fine, or get violently called out on her kill immunity. Or nothing will happen, I'm still not actually sure if N1 message was a headscrew or what

I'm not expecting to live through today and tonight though, after all this nonsense so, and there's not much more I can say now. So I'm just gonna Vote: Ushaara for now, because yeah she has been stirring up too much trouble so probably the best bet after the people who I do suspect as scum, but don't think I'll get to lynch through on them. 

Also amidst the madness, another gender reveal. I'm a guy! :))