the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• Vote: Weiwae

There's still a slim, slim chance that Lehki just screwed up, but, uh. I can't see any good reason to keep mister suicide bomber here up and running.
  • Silvanus said:
    Wait, so if Weiwae is blocked, we should remove Weiwae now while we have the chance.
    This was my inclination too, but if he's blocked, that could also mean it's no longer urgent. I'm conflicted.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Well, that was vague. I'm at a crossroads. The way I see it, I'm facing three possible choices.

1) Switch to Weiwae, hoping to possibly stop him from exploding. This would save two people if it worked, but waste our lynch if it didn't.

2) Return to voting for Lehki, who has directly caused all this nonsense. I'd be all for this one, if it wasn't for the last option, which is...

3) Attempt to push a vote on Vivet to pressure her to tell us more about this malicious aura she apparently has before the day ends, bomb be damned. As anxious as I am to see the result of this bomb, I don't know how comfortable I am letting this one go before we even hear about it from her.

:-? Whichever I choose, I certainly don't want Vivet to slip into the night without having responded to that one.
  • @Silvanus

I'm flirting with this idea as well.
    OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I really think that Weiwae is going to explode no matter what at this point.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    As a show of good faith

Unvote
    Vote Lehki
  • Ileein said:
    Silvanus said:
    Wait, so if Weiwae is blocked, we should remove Weiwae now while we have the chance.
    This was my inclination too, but if he's blocked, that could also mean it's no longer urgent. I'm conflicted.
    As am I. And my and my partners life is on the line with this.

@Synkarin the Purrloin's out of the bag, do you wish to keep your vote on Lehki?

Also, @Phoebus, #3 is not an immediate threat here bb.
  • Sylandra said:
    I really think that Weiwae is going to explode no matter what at this point.
    Hoping Tremula clarifies (but probably won't), Fake Out resolves first. Always. There's a good chance that, if activating the bomb counts as an action, that it didn't go through.

• I'm willing to lay my life on Bartholomeow's power to stop Weiwae from booming; my vote will remain with Lehki.

3 votes needed to lynch.
    I have it on good authority that you can't block passive actions. I asked. Don't see why a bomb wouldn't be passive; its activated by something out of your control.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • While it's out of your control, the naming is an active ability.

What happens if the bomb is activated and no one is named. The bomb still blows. Weiwae dies because he was blocked from naming.

(But I am, as I said, still voting for Lehki because a) your logic is valid, and b) if he blows, voting for Lehki is my last opportunity to help)
  • The way I see it is that while lynching Lehki is nice and all, after she created the current situation it's not really urgent (the passkey is already out there, so lynching her tonight won't stop anything). Lynching Weiwae, however, might be. Remember that we have no other details to go on other than what Weiwae has told us; we don't actually know it'll happen automatically at the end of the day phase, we don't know it'll happen today at all, we don't really know who they'll target. All we "know" is that she is a bomb. That's it. Everything else is coming from Weiwae and Lehki. It could be that Lehki's passphrase simply enabled Weiwae to use a bomb power during the night phase, in which case a lynching would definitely stop it.

Thus, I'll stick to my vote on Weiwae, at least for now.
    Iosion said:
    Ileein said:
    Silvanus said:
    As am I. And my and my partners life is on the line with this.

Synkarin the Purrloin's out of the bag, do you wish to keep your vote on Lehki?

Also, Phoebus, #3 is not an immediate threat here bb.
    I know, but I do think it would be hasty to not at least hear from Vivet before we finalize this lynch. Like I said, the voting would mostly be for pressure's sake. I don't want it to be overlooked by anybody, since it seems important to our future. And votes get more attention than waving my arms and saying "hey, don't forget about this!"

The more I think about it, the more I actually think I'm on board with giving the Weiwae lynch a try. It could potentially be a wasted lynch if he gets to explode first, but it has the potential to save two lives if it works. I'm willing to gamble with that. But I do really, really want to hear from Vivet before we end the day!
  • Voting won't stop the bomb just on the fact that the bomb being set is too public. If voting stopped it then the power would be pretty useless.
  • Ssaliss said:
    The way I see it is that while lynching Lehki is nice and all, after she created the current situation it's not really urgent (the passkey is already out there, so lynching her tonight won't stop anything). Lynching Weiwae, however, might be. Remember that we have no other details to go on other than what Weiwae has told us; we don't actually know it'll happen automatically at the end of the day phase, we don't know it'll happen today at all, we don't really know who they'll target. All we "know" is that she is a bomb. That's it. Everything else is coming from Weiwae and Lehki. It could be that Lehki's passphrase simply enabled Weiwae to use a bomb power during the night phase, in which case a lynching would definitely stop it.

Thus, I'll stick to my vote on Weiwae, at least for now.
    Yeah, this convinces me. Lehki isn't really a priority, but Weiwae could be, if we have a chance to save future lives.

Vote: Weiwae
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."

Othero said:
    Voting won't stop the bomb just on the fact that the bomb being set is too public. If voting stopped it then the power would be pretty useless.
    It wasn't meant to be this public, though. The entire setup of the power was intended to be super secret and go unnoticed until it was too late. We're in an unprecedented situation, here!
  • Othero said:
    Voting won't stop the bomb just on the fact that the bomb being set is too public. If voting stopped it then the power would be pretty useless.
    It was postulated that the bombing wasn't supposed to be so public. Don't have the capacity to find that post now, but it's a possibility and just a misplay on Weiwae's part.

I still argue that Naming a target is an Action.
  • Othero said:
    Where was it actually set in public? All we've seen is Lehki uttering a passphrase, which could've been hidden by her far better than it was in this case. After that, it's all been Lehki and Weiwae revealing the bombing; no powers have been activated when it comes to the bomb, no messages from Tremula, nothing. As was posted by someone a few pages back, odds are the bomb wasn't supposed to play out like this, but rather be a secret thing that would take us by surprise when the bomb went off.
    The link Weiwae posted about his role seemed to suggest that nothing could stop him, once he went for it, and he did seem to have a placeholder BOOM message? Though Tremula did resolve the Purrloin Fake Out thing, so maybe he is blocked from setting it off, unless @Tremula just missed Weiwae's action in the mess?
    Oh, BOOM came after Purrloin. Too much grandstanding @Weiwae perhaps! :))
  • I activated Purrloin before the BOOM (thankfully). The resolution shouldn't matter as much as the activation, imho.
  • Ssaliss said:
    Othero said:
    Where was it actually set in public? All we've seen is Lehki uttering a passphrase, which could've been hidden by her far better than it was in this case. After that, it's all been Lehki and Weiwae revealing the bombing; no powers have been activated when it comes to the bomb, no messages from Tremula, nothing. As was posted by someone a few pages back, odds are the bomb wasn't supposed to play out like this, but rather be a secret thing that would take us by surprise when the bomb went off.
    That "someone" was me :)
  • Ushaara said:
    Unless it's a requirement for his bombing, holy shit am I thankful. This also started maybe an hour after I woke up, like one cup of coffee in, and I'm sitting there trying to explain to my boyfriend why I'm shaking due to adrenaline. This is easily the best first Mafia game ever had.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Ok

I'll bite

Unvote
    Vote:Weiwae

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Ushaara said:
    BOOM wasn't in bold. It was just a really large font.
    It's really too bad in a game this size we seem to have no roles like executioners or dayvigs. I mean I guess we still could, but no one has stepped up and damn it would move lynches faster. :|

Personally, I don't like that the bomb passcode has worked to make some people less willing to vote Ushaara and Lehki. I don't like it because I assume that's precisely what this bomb nonsense was meant to accomplish. I don't like having shady people decide the outcome of the dayphase because they pushed the suspicious emergency bomb button! It takes away from town's agency in deciding the lynch for the day, which irks me.

Anyway. Still contend that Weiwae is a goner, still think bombs are passive. Phoebus makes a good point that we lost the @Vivet suspicion in the shuffle but I guess we are on other priorities atm. Would still like to hear from her.
    Daraius said:
  • Unvote. Vote: Weiwae.

I'm with Syn.

(Weiwae, lemme get an explanation of why me, please!)
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    (Can we make Sylandra last - just in case)

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Synkarin said:
    (Can we make Sylandra last - just in case)

Sure. Decide on the lynch target and I'll finish it. Unvote
    Daraius said: