the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I think the choice is Weiwae

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Iosion said:

I still argue that Naming a target is an Action.

It could be, but I named my target long before I posted. Though it didn't feel like an action to me.
  • COUNT!

Ushaara (4): Cen, Kalaneya, Lehki
    Weiwae (6): Melali, Thul, Ssaliss, Ileein, Synkarin, Iosion
    Lehki (7): Krackenor, Luce, Kaimanahi, Othero, Portius, Silvanus, Ushaara
    OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Synkarin said:

Ugh I really hate that choice tho, I would much prefer @Lehki. Risk of wasting a lynch is too high imo.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • @Weiwae explaaaaainnn :'(

• Sylandra said:
    Synkarin said:

Ugh I really hate that choice tho, I would much prefer @Lehki. Risk of wasting a lynch is too high imo.
    Again, this. Letting a bomb be blocked by a lynch in mafia is very rare and very poorly balanced because it makes the suicide bomb power really ineffective. It is far more common for a bomb to either kill the person placing the last vote or to go off on their target no matter what.
  • Iosion said:
    @Weiwae explaaaaainnn :'(

He said he was going to aim at Sylandra, but kill protection. >_>
  • Iosion said:

• I disagree that Weiwae is the best choice. If the bomb is activated, he cannot use it. If it is triggered, it cannot be stopped. Either way, nothing much can be dune about it this phase
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    You've introduced yourself well to the forums, @Weiwae. What an unforgettable play! :))

• Othero said:
    Sylandra said:
    Synkarin said:

Again, this. Letting a bomb be blocked by a lynch in mafia is very rare and very poorly balanced because it makes the suicide bomb power really ineffective. It is far more common for a bomb to either kill the person placing the last vote or to go off on their target no matter what.
    Not having a possible out for a public kill like that is so totally OP that it's not funny. I mean, personal bias because I'm the one doing the dying here, but still.
  • Ushaara said:
    You've introduced yourself well to the forums, @Weiwae. What an unforgettable play! :))
    I mean...all he did was use his power...no offense Wei.
    Thul said:
    Iosion said:

He said he was going to aim at Sylandra, but kill protection. >_>

So many haters. You blow up the world as a Russian spy one time... =((
    Iosion said:

Othero said:
    Sylandra said:
    Synkarin said:

Not having a possible out for a public kill like that is so totally OP that it's not funny. I mean, personal bias because I'm the one doing the dying here, but still.

Is it? This is the first game on these forums with dayblockers actually. So the OP scenario you describe is generally speaking standard play.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    I'll just be over here feeling a bit dejected about the fact that everyone's too anxious to resolve the bomb thing right now to wait for Vivet to speak up. (losewings would go here, if it still existed.)

I've thoroughly converted to Team Lynch Weiwae, because I'm willing to take the chance that it'll function as us stopping him from reaching his targets before he explodes. The alternative is to take out Lehki, which we might not even learn much of anything from, judging by how meager the reveals have been thus far. Just a role name and if the Champion invited them. Maybe we'll hear more if it's scum that gets the axe, but I think at the moment, potentially stopping this bomb is more important. It's maybe a longshot, but I really want to try it.

Seriously though, I want to hear from Vivet first, dang it you guys. I'm not going to vote until she's responded. [-(
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Iosion said:
    Ushaara said:
    I just appreciate the hilarious grandstanding that came with it!
  • Ushaara said:
    Iosion said:
    Ushaara said:
    I just appreciate the hilarious grandstanding that came with it!
    If you only get to something once, you best make the most of it.
  • Well, I'm going to be moving away from computer soon, so I'll have to hand off the Vote Count responsibility to someone else. Still going to be around, but at this point it's a waiting game for me and Syn, coming down to whether or not you think lynching will stop the explosion. Torn over it because there's still the chance that it wasn't meant to be publicized, and I would have been fine with that, no lynch on Weiwae because everything was secretive. The publicity of it all (whether intended or not) had given us the chance to try to stop it.

What are we claiming is Lehki's role? I mean, unless he's a supposed killer, the vote can wait, guys.

Shit. Screw it:

I am a killer, paired with the serene and sexy Dr. Synkarin, who calms me down when my murderous bloodlust gets the best of me. I can choose to target one person a night. We are 3p, like he said, just want to make it to the end of this crazy trip. 

Someone please confirm whether or not we believe Lehki to be kill-proof? If I survive, I'll kill him tonight, to make up for the "missed" lynch. This is win/win (for town, not for Weiwae/Lehki...buttheads.)
  • A.k.a we are HUGELY valuable tools for the town. And now probably huge targets for mafia, as well.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    @Iosion what killer/kill method are you claiming to be? Are you the bludgeoner, poisoner, toothbrusher, or someone else? Or did you not attempt to use your power yet?
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • @Iosion It would be helpful to know whom you've targeted, if anyone, with your power. This could help corroborate, as well, if others were watching you or your targets and can verify that you visited them.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
    @Iosion I think you just admitted you can kill people at your leisure to fulfill a survivor win condition, which I'm not crazy about.

...although in all honesty I think your goose is cooked and Weiwae will implode with you. Purrloin or no. I might vote Weiwae if I believed for a moment it would stop the bomb from going off. Instead, I think voting Weiwae just strips town of agency for today's lynch. Weiwae dies either way in my book, so why vote him when his final hour is upon us?

Pichu's block of Lehki didn't stop him from saying the bomb passcode. Why should Purrloin stop Weiwae then from killing Iosion with him? Doesn't seem likely to me, sorry.
    Daraius said:
    Portius said:
    @Iosion what killer/kill method are you claiming to be? Are you the bludgeoner, poisoner, toothbrusher, or someone else? Or did you not attempt to use your power yet?

^also dis
    Daraius said:
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Unvote
    Vote: Weiwae

If Weiwae is a mafia bomb, Lehki and then Ushaara should have to go next. And if we can save a sort of killer, then Iosion can take out Lehki or Ushaara. Yes Lehki has been extremely suspicious, but either way he will probably be removed, either today, tonight or tomorrow. We have the chance to save someone, so we should take it.

And yeah, Vivet's malicious aura sounds not nice. I am guessing Synkarin's pokemon is a Psychic one as well to sense these auras? Has anyone seen other auras or malicious intent? I've seen a "friendly" Doctor.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • We don't know if the passcode worked due to the 'what actually constitutes an action' debate
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    The plot thickens. I don't like that we have to give up a doctor to get rid of a killer, but this reveal might dissuade me from trying to stop Weiwae from exploding. So...not sure what you're trying to do by revealing what your deal is. I'll probably still try the Weiwae thing though, but still not voting until Vivet is here, HMPH.

And I don't think anyone claimed Lehki is kill-proof, unless I missed something, Iosion. Sylandra is the one who allegedly doesn't die.
    Krackenor said:
    We don't know if the passcode worked due to the 'what actually constitutes an action' debate

damn you vaguely worded flavor text!!
    Daraius said:
  • I am...

...the Toiletries Bag Murder!!! My insatiable lust for blood is ever spurred by the cuteness of pokemon-themed hygienic products (TM on my own line of Pokemon hygienic/murder products pending)!!

I targeted Cyndarin as a N1 gamble, survivor-status yo. This was stopped by the Quake That Shall Not Be Named.

I targeted Vivet on N2 because of Syn's "malicious" hunches. This was stopped by her (claimed) limited-use self-protection ability.

@Sylandra I understand your reservations, I have a dangerous role. But Syn and I have pretty much sided with town since the beginning, and will continue to do so, because it's easier to off the minority. And the only way to have two doctors (critical for town) is to keep me around.

And, yes, hoping a lynch stops the bomb is a gamble...but what the hell isn't this early in the game?

• Phoebus said:
    The plot thickens. I don't like that we have to give up a doctor to get rid of a killer
    Crux of the matter, my friend.
  • Iosion said:

And, yes, hoping a lynch stops the bomb is a gamble...but what the hell isn't this early in the game?

Lol @ 74 pages in on Day 2
  • Sylandra said:
    Krackenor said:
    We don't know if the passcode worked due to the 'what actually constitutes an action' debate

damn you vaguely worded flavor text!!
    In Trumela's defence, I don't think it's vague at all.  I can't take any day actions. Meaning, I can't use any set bold phrases which are in my PMs to activate a power. Though I can still speak  and order commands.  The only question is how does my role as bomb thing work? Do you believe it's a power I have to activate, or is it passive, or did I activate it before I was blocked?