the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• Also that wasn't me going starting to explode now, I'm just being dramatic. <_<
  • TIL dramatic means obnoxiously large font size.
  • Personally, I severely doubt that Lehki is both cult and immune to daykills. If that were true, we'd have zero ways to remove her if our vig were killed, which would make it severely powerful.

Because of this, I'm going to Vote: Lehki
  • ... And once more for boldness:

Vote: Lehki
  • Ushaara said:
    I investigated Phoebus. And man Silvanus just continues to lie. When the trainer card image didn't copy for me on night 2 Tremula reminded me it was missing. Don't buy that rubbish for a second. What's the vote count?
    ... And? Although then again, I'm not sure I'll buy your investigations at this point.
  • Checking in. I did jail myself plus one. Thus, I noticed nothing.

Also, killing Ushaara likely won't kill Lehki. I do think we should try to kill killers/factions. So, if we kill Ushaara and Lehki over this day/night, that would be good. Salome is probably not a lone killer (since we've already had our share of those). So, killing Salome might point us in the direction of another faction. 

I'm going to not vote right now.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Alec jerks his jaw to the side, bone shifting and popping from tightness as he states:

Vote Count -

Lehki: 1 (Ssaliss)
    Salome: 1 (Allyrianne)
    Ushaara: 4 (Salome, Dylara, Othero, Sylandra)

With 20 trainers alive, it's 11 to lynch.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    It doesn't serve town for me to reveal her role.. But look again at Silvanus's claims. An investigation of Melali which failed when mine didn't, an untestable claim of finding the doctor, and now saying he forgot his trainer card and so did nothing.... He's also claimed some sort of means of protecting himself which now fits what we know about the cult members having immunities. If you are buying his lies, town deserves to lose!

Look, I accept that I'm guilty by association with Lehki but when I invariably flip investigator please vig him.
  • PS, if someone can dayblock Lehki or his Togepi, now might be good.

Assuming you believe he has a Togepi. Trem did sort of lend credence to that.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Ushaara said:
    It doesn't serve town for me to reveal her role.. But look again at Silvanus's claims. An investigation of Melali which failed when mine didn't, an untestable claim of finding the doctor, and now saying he forgot his trainer card and so did nothing.... He's also claimed some sort of means of protecting himself which now fits what we know about the cult members having immunities. If you are buying his lies, town deserves to lose!

Look, I accept that I'm guilty by association with Lehki but when I invariably flip investigator please vig him.

More than happy with that result!<<b>div>
    Vote Ushaara
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Thul said:
    PS, if someone can dayblock Lehki or his Togepi, now might be good.

I can do this. I'm choosing Lehki because I'm not 100% sure that Togepi isn't immune to me. Depends which generation's typing Tremula chose.

Gastly, use lick on Lehki!
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    I take from that that you haven't investigated Phoebus then, Silvanus? Do you want to give me another way of proving you are lying by saying you did?
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    I definitely don't buy the "Oh, I must have been converted, keep me around so I can come back to town." plea by Ushaara. From Vivet's post, it really sounded like one cult could convert the other. I.e., I really doubt that town can be converted at all, and even so, why would anyone want to convert Ushaara who probably won't last the lynch mob? I'm not sure that I fully trust Luce's power, but there have been a few instances of Ushaara trying to redirect scrutiny from Lehki (aggressively pursuing other targets in the midst of prying into Lehki) and generally other questionable behavior. In the very least, we would be lynching the person responsible for forcing half of the game to roleclaim on Day 2. There are so many things that don't add up, so my lynch is firmly a Vote Ushaara unless a higher priority target emerges.

If that plan deviates, then we probably have enough tools among the town to neuter those known threats in the night. I thought we had some Pokemon that blocked actions (Pumpkaboo?), so those should probably come into play. If not on the Victini, then probably on the Togepi if we believe that it indeed can do earthquake. In fact, maybe it's a good idea for @Melali's Deino to Intimidate the Togepi and neuter the Metronome action right now.

Definitely suspected Portius of being a killer since he so vividly could describe the scene of Rolsand's death. He probably wouldn't have shared the information from that night if he was scum, so I'm inclined to believe that he is on our side. But again, it's terrible that so many important roles are out in the open, so it'll make protecting our people quite difficult. @Portius, you mentioned that you saw a Trainer with Rolsand when he died; was that just you covering bases or did you see someone?
    Ninja'd by Portius' Pokemon move. Is that going to block Lehki's day actions? I'm not sure it would stop Togepi, hence suggesting the Intimidate coming in on the already activated power.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Bae can only target players. His face is scary( cute), but Pokemon are by and large not superstitious. Much.
    @Kaimanahi that was me trying to convince you people that the poisoning and bludgeoning were from the same person so you didn't overestimate the number of killers without claiming my role. There was only one person with Rolsand, and it was me. I saw myself.
    Kaimanahi said:
    Ninja'd by Portius' Pokemon move. Is that going to block Lehki's day actions? I'm not sure it would stop Togepi, hence suggesting the Intimidate coming in on the already activated power.

More ninjas than Koga's gym here today. It will block him from taking actions, it will not block him from speaking or giving commands to pokemon. Togepi is probably a higher priority target, but Tokepi is also immune to ghosts in most generations. So we're covered if he has a day power, but someone else should probably deal with Tokepi if they can.
  • Thul said:
    I should point out that Cen claimed a switch, possibly bus driver, with Lehki last night.

Wha? No I didn't. There was no switch (that I'm aware of, anyhow). There was a redirect. I didn't get *swapped* with Lehki. I got *redirected* to him. I wasted my power on him instead of my original target because somebody interfered and rerouted me. Think Witch, not bus driver.
  • Dylara said:
    @Cen who have you been trying to visit during your redirect? It may have something to do with the person?

Yeah I thought maybe it was related to my original target too, like a repel effect where they could scare people away from visiting them at night. But it's happened on two different targets now, so it can't be that.
    Got it, thanks Portius.

Also I've been a bit confused. Did everyone know that there were multiple mafia factions in this game? I didn't have any idea until I think Luce mentioned it when describing how his win condition worked, and then confirmed by Vivet. I'm just wondering if i missed that somewhere early on.
  • Thul said:
    PS, if someone can dayblock Lehki or his Togepi, now might be good.

I can confirm he has Togepi.
  • Lehki said:
    @Ushaara: <3 just keep it up.

Why wasn't Cen going after me originally though? 'Cus it looked like almost everybody else was that night

Because my power is a helpy-power, not a hurty-power, and you're scum. Which is why it was a complete waste to redirect me to you. Unless the Witch is a baddie trying to use me to help out other baddies.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Tremula said:
    His smile falters, and he says, "I...should let you know, though, that we're not...we're not entirely safe doing this. There have been protesters saying this is a waste of money, and that we should take Alola by force. There have been religious threats against me, and everyone who would travel in the Expedition..."

See above, emphases mine. 
  • Cen said:
    Thul said:
    I should point out that Cen claimed a switch, possibly bus driver, with Lehki last night.

Wha? No I didn't. There was no switch (that I'm aware of, anyhow). There was a redirect. I didn't get *swapped* with Lehki. I got *redirected* to him. I wasted my power on him instead of my original target because somebody interfered and rerouted me. Think Witch, not bus driver.

Oh. Hmm. Never heard of a witch. I had a bus driver power in the Shakespeare game that I managed to gib myself with on night one, though.

Well, okay. I have zero reasons left to believe Ushaara. Still not convinced Lehki's got day-immunity, though. Will jump on whichever. Probably Ushaara.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Witch takes command of a player's night actions by forcing him or her to use his or her powers on a target of their choosing. So, basically, someone forced Cen to target Lekhi, either not knowing that Cen's power is helpful and wanting to use it to Lekhi's detriment, or knowing it was helpful and wanting to assist Lekhi.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    edited July 2016
    (I stg you guys are going to lynch before the event unfolds)

Alec glances up, a hand resting on the hilt of his sword as he reports:

Vote Count -

Lehki: 1 (Ssaliss)
    Salome: 1 (Allyrianne)
    Ushaara: 7 (Salome, Dylara, Othero, Sylandra, Silvanus, Kaimanahi, Kalaneya)

There is no great surprise when Lehki stiffens just as he did yesterday, hair standing on end as he wobbles in place on the hard ground of the savanna. His pokeball drops from his hand and his Togepi emerges, smiling cutely at anyone who looks at her, but she has yet to follow up on the order her master has given.

Lehki is paralysed. Play continues as normal.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances

Ushaara said:
    I investigated Phoebus. 
    Did you, now. Got anything to say that would actually convince me of that?
  • Well, blah. I have no idea if this is going to stop Togepi, and it may be overkill, but

"Mawile, use Fake Tears!"

This should prevent offensive pokemon actions.

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Phoebus said:

Ushaara said:
    I investigated Phoebus. 
    Did you, now. Got anything to say that would actually convince me of that?
    Thinking about it for a few minutes, I'm actually going to go ahead and vote for you already, because honestly I don't trust you much at all at this point. I do hope that I get to hear your answer before you get voted off the train, though. I'm very curious. ;;) Vote: Ushaara